Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008

Interstellar Owl posted:

Which specific fix? I've tried 2 so far.

Delete everything out of C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar

After the patch to UI 2.0 I started crashing all the time in Adventures/Dungeons. This seemed to fix it. It's helping others with their framerates and such.

Engi chat:

It definitely takes a bit to get going, but once you start getting better ways to keep volitility up you just start making GBS threads out a million ticks of damage from different fields and abilities and it gets pretty good. I enjoy it more than Stalker right now (but my stalker is still lower leveled, and I changed all my keybindings so it is especially awkward right now.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I was going to play Engi at release because I like tanking and I liked the idea of an engineer, but man esper is just so much fun.

Rabhadh
Aug 26, 2007
I made a dominion guy on the euro server (hazak?) called Rabhusmedicus, who do I talk to for a guild invite?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Reason posted:

I was going to play Engi at release because I like tanking and I liked the idea of an engineer, but man esper is just so much fun.

Same except medic.

Torn between stalker and medic.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
Removing FABkits on Housing outright destroys the entire plug.

This is incredibly disappointing.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

a cat on an apple posted:

Removing FABkits on Housing outright destroys the entire plug.

This is incredibly disappointing.

/bug and report it

I doubt it is intended.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Manifest Dynasty posted:

Delete everything out of C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\NCSOFT\WildStar

After the patch to UI 2.0 I started crashing all the time in Adventures/Dungeons. This seemed to fix it. It's helping others with their framerates and such.

Doubled my framerate. Awesome find.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
How does staking claim work exactly?

BQuietNDrive
Dec 2, 2004
Furious Masticator
Anyone have any input on the Esper? I've played most of the classes to 15-20 range, but I can't get past Esper's lack of mobility on their base attack.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Is there a setting so the character attacks toward where the camera is facing? Or at least toward whichever mob is targetted?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Potsticker posted:

Is there a setting so the character attacks toward where the camera is facing? Or at least toward whichever mob is targetted?

I think somewhere there is a "face target" setting, possibly under combat options.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Rabhadh posted:

I made a dominion guy on the euro server (hazak?) called Rabhusmedicus, who do I talk to for a guild invite?

I don't think anyone's made one yet I could try and level up to get 10 gold to make one but I'm only level 2 and it will take ages :effort:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Reason posted:

I think somewhere there is a "face target" setting, possibly under combat options.

I'll look for it, thanks.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Normal Adult Human posted:

How does staking claim work exactly?

When you click the mission for the quest arrow, it sends you to a circle of about 50m around where they want you to put the flag. Then you click the > arrow to expand the mission and you'll get a bar, similar to when you're on Scavenger Hunts, and when you get within like, 5m of the flag location, a button shows up for you to click.

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Sandals: Become the means to create A JUST SOCIETY

Fun Shoe

BQuietNDrive posted:

Anyone have any input on the Esper? I've played most of the classes to 15-20 range, but I can't get past Esper's lack of mobility on their base attack.

They get another psi point builder that can be used while moving at level 11, don't they?

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

BQuietNDrive posted:

Start at max range, pop two Concentrated Blades, wait a sec, Telekinetic Strike twice, Bolster on self, Mind Burst. Congratulations, you've killed a pack! Espers get a mobile builder with Spectral Frenzy at 11 or 15 I believe, but it's sort of clunky to use.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

VoLaTiLe posted:

I don't think anyone's made one yet I could try and level up to get 10 gold to make one but I'm only level 2 and it will take ages :effort:
Make a Circle instead, you don't get the fancy perks like banks and cheevos and poo poo but you still get a custom channel and a list of who's online.

Protokoll posted:

Engineer thoughts:

Once I stopped using builder -> consumer, builder -> consumer and started using Energy Augur and Bio Shell along with AMPs and my innate to generate volatility and then consume...the class became infinitely more interesting and fun.
Yeah, I dumped Pulse Blast, then lately my fights have been: Send pet, wait for mobs to converge, Barrage, Bio Shell, Unstable Anomaly, Energy Auger, and sprinkle in Electrocutes, Blitz and Quick Burst when they make sense.

Then I tried an Esper to join the open beta crew so I'm learning it all over again.

Psykmoe posted:

I also submitted a support ticket because I couldn't upgrade my Wildstar game to Deluxe and wanted to know if, having bought a code on GMG meant I'm entirely ineligible for any pre-order stuff, or if maybe the problem was having an NA game on an account with a EU IP address.
I may have understood it wrong, but I thought that Deluxe bonuses are independent of preorder bonuses. And if it's like other games' Deluxe editions you can just get that upgrade whenever and voila you get the extra poo poo.

I don't know where the rumor started that you don't get any bonuses for buying from GMG, that would be pretty nonsensical. Also I would be right along with you yelling because I got it there on sale.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Same except medic.

Torn between stalker and medic.

I want to play a Stalker but I also want to play a Chua :smithicide:

PhrenzZ
Dec 26, 2012
So I logged in today to find that my chat frame was missing. Any idea what I can do to get it back?

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

Did you try /reloadui? Or... can you even type that if the chat frame is missing, I wonder...? Half my actionbars had disappeared when I logged in the other day but /reloadui fixed it. Seems the new UI is still a bit buggy.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Nechronic posted:

I want to play a Stalker but I also want to play a Chua :smithicide:

If I'm going to do stalker, it will be with a Mechari or whatever the zombie people are called.

Also is there a way to get rid of that stupid "invalid faction" error when trying to cast something? Comes from targeting a widget or friendly or whatever, but I've gotten into trouble or winding up dying way too many times as a result this than I should have :saddowns:

PhrenzZ
Dec 26, 2012

floofyscorp posted:

Did you try /reloadui? Or... can you even type that if the chat frame is missing, I wonder...? Half my actionbars had disappeared when I logged in the other day but /reloadui fixed it. Seems the new UI is still a bit buggy.

I did a reloadui from the addons menu (you can't type /reloadui when the chat frame is gone) but that didn't fix it.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

jabro posted:

I'm playing Exile so that I'm not doing the same thing in the same place in a couple of weeks. Are the names for the Exile guild in the OP guild good? I tried a couple and it said player not found and am hoping it was because they weren't online.

Probably not. I copied it from the old OP.

Jandipoo
Mar 29, 2008

I am the great Cornholio!

Boggus posted:

Cleared out the config files but still stuck around 25-30 fps on high settings, on my AMD FX-8320, Radeon R9 290, latest WHQL drivers.

I'm running on a system very close to this (FX-8350, R9 280x) and I get a solid 60-90 FPS on Ultra High even before clearing the config while out in the world, 30-40 while in Illium. How much RAM are you running? It shouldn't make that much of a difference but I find it hard to believe you wouldn't be able to get the same performance as I do with your rig.

Psykmoe
Oct 28, 2008

CrashCat posted:

I don't know where the rumor started that you don't get any bonuses for buying from GMG, that would be pretty nonsensical. Also I would be right along with you yelling because I got it there on sale.

If I go to the Wildstar store and click on the option to buy the deluxe edition for 15 bucks (because I already own the base game) it tells me there is nothing eligible on my account to put the deluxe stuff on. Which isn't true.

That's what made me wonder if having bought a GMG code just means I'm not on their pre-order feature list either, since their website can't even tell I own the loving game.

I literally only made a support ticket to ask for clarification on this. "Hey guys, your store is still trying to sell me the full game and telling me I have nothing eligible to simply upgrade to deluxe, so I'm curious if this is a bug and whether this affects other pre-order stuff like the headstart? Here's my serial and a screenshot of the confirmation mail you sent me after I entered the GMG serial."

"Remember you have to own the game, here's a link to the store!!"

...thanks, Carbine support.

Psykmoe fucked around with this message at 20:25 on May 10, 2014

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Psykmoe posted:

If I go to the Wildstar store and click on the option to buy the deluxe edition for 15 bucks (because I already own the base game) it tells me there is nothing eligible on my account to put the deluxe stuff on. Which isn't true.

That's what made me wonder if having bought a GMG code just means I'm not on their pre-order feature list either, since their website can't even tell I own the loving game.
You had to put in subscription info, right? I'm going to guess they just give the poo poo out to anyone who shows as subscribed on a certain date. But if they screw it up somehow they're gonna be flooded with tickets come June. Keep pushing the ticket about your problem with Deluxe back to them but don't worry about the preorder poo poo until that drops. At least that's what I would do, eventually you've got to get someone who speaks English.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Is the Engineer viable without bots? I've been dicking around with various classes and only have level <10 knowledge of all of them.

Engineer seems really fun - good AOE builder, high DPS spender, lovely bot that is way too slow to be useful

Esper - ugh, have to stand still a lot for the builder.

Stalker - fun rogue-y stuff, high DPS

Warrior - bit weird, animations feel a little 'off'

Spellslinger - slightly more mobile than the Esper but still a bit annoyingly static

Medic - didn't try it

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

fugly posted:

Is the Engineer viable without bots? I've been dicking around with various classes and only have level <10 knowledge of all of them.
You have heavy armor, so questing without the bots should be possible if I had to guess. From what little I've read almost everyone at least uses the Artillery though because the damage is so good.

Also on the Esper I got like two other builders already that let you move, though they have cooldowns, and I haven't even hit level 10 yet. My guess is you can take the stationary bits out entirely eventually, though someone who's played it further would have to comment.

breaks
May 12, 2001

Psykmoe posted:

It might be that you have a US code and are trying to buy the deluxe upgrade from Europe (or any territory where the NC shop sells European codes), or vice versa. In general you can't apply EU codes to US accounts or the other way around.

If that's not it then I don't know. :shobon:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Knew nothing about this game until I got the email for open beta, really enjoying it, considering buying it. A few questions

It seems like people think this game has decent endgame stuff. That true?

What level can I start doing Adventures/Dungeons? I'm only 10 so far.

I thought I heard someone saying that there's a site selling pre-orders for this game with a 20% off coupon or something? I would enjoy paying less money.

Jargon
Apr 22, 2003

cams posted:

Knew nothing about this game until I got the email for open beta, really enjoying it, considering buying it. A few questions

It seems like people think this game has decent endgame stuff. That true?

What level can I start doing Adventures/Dungeons? I'm only 10 so far.

I thought I heard someone saying that there's a site selling pre-orders for this game with a 20% off coupon or something? I would enjoy paying less money.

Check GreenManGaming

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

fugly posted:

Engineer seems really fun - good AOE builder, high DPS spender, lovely bot that is way too slow to be useful

Esper - ugh, have to stand still a lot for the builder.

Stalker - fun rogue-y stuff, high DPS

Warrior - bit weird, animations feel a little 'off'

Spellslinger - slightly more mobile than the Esper but still a bit annoyingly static

Medic - didn't try it

It seemed that the only reason to use bots was for their actives but they didn't need much micro. Getting the Bruiser bot is worth it early on just for the two interupts though.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
for GMG, the code is on the site, but just fyi 25% off:
ALFIS4-GRATZ0-025GMG
expires 5-12

Tibeerius
Feb 22, 2007
Can anyone in <Bad Rats> toss a guild invite to Tibeerius? None of the inviters listed in the OP are online.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Installing this now to give it a try, haven't really been following it closely but the chance to be an insane gremlin scientist or space robot with more active combat than the typical MMO tab targeting, and all set in some weird slapstick space motif seems pretty cool.

Still have no idea what class(es) to try. Engineer sounds neat if only for the bot pets...

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Tibeerius posted:

Can anyone in <Bad Rats> toss a guild invite to Tibeerius? None of the inviters listed in the OP are online.

Says you're not online, mate. You on the Nexus server in US?

Tibeerius
Feb 22, 2007

Says you're not online, mate. You on the Nexus server in US?
Sorry, got disconnected. I'm online now.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
So as a player that likes to take my time and explore/see everything in a new game, two quick questions:

1) Are the open beta characters going to be wiped at the end, or is it just a matter or upgrading to retail and picking up where you left off?

and

2) Can you outright 'out-level' stuff and be unable to go back and do it later? I've played other MMOs that would just lock you out of quests and whatever else if you were too high for them, which ended up feeling like I was being 'punished' for wanting to explore instead of simply rushing along the leveling treadmill.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Ignoring hurfing and durfing about Chua, which faction is better? Only played for less than an hour as Exile and I was not particularly impressed.

EDIT: Or I could just simply start a new character...

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 22:44 on May 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

When you click the mission for the quest arrow, it sends you to a circle of about 50m around where they want you to put the flag. Then you click the > arrow to expand the mission and you'll get a bar, similar to when you're on Scavenger Hunts, and when you get within like, 5m of the flag location, a button shows up for you to click.

How does this benefit the other paths and how does having them present benefit you?

• Locked thread