Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

Tajh Boyd looked super pissed about the pick.

He probably shouldn't have come back to Clemson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I love that the Jets are going to have another QB circus.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Jackie D posted:

Thats before the season though, the day the Sam story broke every report had him projected as a late 2nd-3rd

and then he put up 17 reps on bench press

gently caress, I have done 12 before and i'm not anywhere near NFL worthy

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

Who else had "white girlfriend" on their bingo board?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Blitz7x posted:

The real killer I think was the 4.8 40 combined with that.

He put up a 4.7 at his pro day, but pulled a hammy in the process.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Holy poo poo I just google image searched him

I recommend it

I'm gettin that funny feelin again

BougieBitch
Oct 2, 2013

Basic as hell
Wait, what did the Ravens trade for a seventh round pick?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I want the Lions or Browns to draft Sam.

The Browns just because I want to see pictures of him and Johnny partying together tbqh

I would be down for that :)

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Blitz7x posted:

Dri Archer put up 20 and he's 5'8 173.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

Tajh Boyd looked super pissed about the pick.
He and Rex are pretty close so likely not. He's just a doofy looking dude.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Magicpants posted:

He's fat Foles

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

BougieBitch posted:

Pepperoni pizza and a coupon for a free brake inspection.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
That should also tell you how much more important lower leg strength and technique is compared to JACKED ARMS BRO.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Magicpants posted:

goons.jpg

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

BougieBitch posted:

Next year's 6th.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I hope the Eagles draft michael sam, we can use more hand down rushers and also chip kelly.... how to delicately put it

I'll just say it's pretty rare when a football head coach is single, like. really rare

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I recall him still being there before the combine though. Up to the combine he was still a 3rd rounder everywhere I listened.

I think he had already begun to slide before that, but the combine was definitely rough. I think the difference between Michael Sam and a hypothetical straight player with Sam's accolades and measurables, good and bad, is that some teams would have dropped him or even taken him off their boards entirely, and he could have fallen a couple of rounds, but at least one team probably would have been interested in taking a flier on him by now.

Now, he's the guy who's A Potential Distraction, and he's got some (legitimate, football) red flags anyway, so everyone's going to be paying closer attention to the potential downsides.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Magicpants posted:

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Are we sure he wasn't named the starting QB as some sort of elaborate practical joke?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Jackie D posted:

From a projected ~3 to totally undrafted? I admit I don't follow the draft process closely but that seems hard to believe.

Ali Highsmith a few years ago. Burfict had some off the field issues, but a lovely combine is what sent him really plummeting, and he was expected to be a high first round pick before his senior year.

Bridgewater went from potential first pick to second rounder this year because of a loving pro day.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

Magicpants posted:

Dude looks like his name is Becky.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Magicpants posted:

Are we sure he wasn't named the starting QB as some sort of elaborate practical joke?

I miss you you goofy bastard.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Magicpants posted:

To be fair that guy is absolutely an Idaho 10

jzilla
Apr 13, 2007

Detroit_Dogg posted:

That should also tell you how much more important lower leg strength and technique is compared to JACKED ARMS BRO.

His 25" vertical doesn't really make him shine in that area either.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Magicpants posted:

is that cutler's son

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Magicpants posted:

he threw a lot of yards in college

like a LOT of yards

nopants
May 29, 2004
Also, I've only heard and ready about a million times that this draft lacks edge rushers. If that's the case, why would teams not be nabbing the guy that led the SEC in sacks and TFL, instead of reachign on mid major prospects with mediocre pass rush numbers?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

xbilkis posted:

I think he had already begun to slide before that, but the combine was definitely rough.

He had a really bad senior bowl before that too.

I don't doubt that some teams are leery of him because of his sexuality, but he struggled the entire pre-draft process and that's what really sent his stock into a free fall. Like I said, hopefully someone gives him a look here.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
The Lions drafted Manny Ramirez because he could hella bench.

Then they squandered him.

Then he played in the Super Bowl for the Broncos.

Then he sailed a snap over Peyton's head to start the game.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Alouicious posted:

he threw a lot of yards in college

like a LOT of yards

As far as I am concerned you deserve a 20% penalty on all your stats if you paint the field to be the same color as your uniforms.

That's just camoflague

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Bortles gets his buddy Storm Johnson.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Storm and Bortles reunited.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

As far as I am concerned you deserve a 20% penalty on all your stats if you paint the field to be the same color as your uniforms.

That's just camoflague

Jared Zabransky does not deserve that indignity

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Detroit_Dogg posted:

The Lions drafted Manny Ramirez because he could hella bench.

Then they squandered him.

Then he played in the Super Bowl for the Broncos.

Then he sailed a snap over Peyton's head to start the game.

time is a flat circle

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Some team is going to get a nice little player in Jeremy Gallon.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

That is some crazy screaming for round 7 of the draft.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

We're out of Bortles license plates

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Haha, what are those guys upset about? Storm Johnson?

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

JT Jag posted:

Bortles gets his buddy Storm Johnson.

Chad Henne woke up today and realized he just lost his job to Blake Bortles. What goes through a man's mind when you lose your job to Bortles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I love having my teams on facebook because I get posts about "Here is why you should be EXCITED about our sixth round pick!"

• Locked thread