Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CVE
Jan 27, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

Silly question. I promised to throw money at you like it was going out of fashion. I have secured my vice-like grip on the Chairman's position once more. Take everything not going on the 'Dragon Statue' fund. C

Also, now that the club is securely in safe hands, don't forget to ask me about a feeder club again.

Now, now let's not make any hasty decisions here. Giving him more money can be arranged but you no longer have to make election promises so think about our finances before announcing these things. A 5M Pound increase is fine though (B).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
No election? Cause I was going to campaign on a "I will never fire Scott Brown" platform.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

bunnyofdoom posted:

No election? Cause I was going to campaign on a "I will never fire Scott Brown" platform.

The next election will come whenever AJ_Impy either doesn't win the election or runs out on term limits.

Loggie
Apr 29, 2009
B let's go for a huge offseason. In order to do that we still need a bit of money left in the bank.

KDavisJr
Jul 17, 2010

A real avatar never dies, even when it's replaced!
(pleased) We tied Arsenal, almost got a draw at Man City ad had two impressive wins, a 3-0 shutout of Chelsea. We keep this up Europe is all but a lock!

Question 1: (sadly) I believe we need to raise our budget, and a good finish in the Premier League and a Europe appearance (both which I see a possibility) but now we need to watch our finances now (B)

Also DC UNITED WON THE MLS WOOOO!!!!

*ahem* Sorry but I was so happy when I saw that.

Lynneth
Sep 13, 2011
I vote for B.

dadgummit
Dec 14, 2012

like a baby's bottom, smooth and sometimes...
explosive
B Who/what position are you thinking of going after if you get the extra 5 million squids?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

dadgummit posted:

B Who/what position are you thinking of going after if you get the extra 5 million squids?

A left back and/or someone I can trust to play left wing when Mujkic is tired.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
Taken A vote for some fiscal responsibility. :colbert:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
What would the numbers look like at the end of the season depending on our decisions? Assume we make the Europe but finish just outside of the Champions?

Also how will it affect whatever it was we decided to do with our stadium I forgot :(

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
B. Although in this game the CL prizes are?

ThePenIsMightier
Dec 21, 2009
B matches my opinion from the last time I posted. Still happy to provide that.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

A. Gotta keep those purse strings under control!

Zanziabar
Oct 31, 2010
Throwing in my 50 cents for B

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Zanziabar posted:

Throwing in my 50 cents for B

Throwing in my £9,999,999.50 for C. :colbert:

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
C. Mo money mo problems

Minister Robathan
Jan 3, 2007

The Alien Leader of Transportation
B We're not yet secured a spot in Europe, we don't want to throw away money before we are sure that we have more coming in. A bad stretch of injuries like we saw in the preseason could be our undoing. A little help wouldn't hurt, though!

Tehan
Jan 19, 2011
I have a reasonable amount of Belief in you, Scott Brown. Give 'em hell.

Trundel
Mar 13, 2005

:10bux: + :awesomelon: = :roboluv:
- a sound investment!
B too tired to type mroe.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
C) (Rand Paulishly) The tax man is stealing our hard earned money! We must spend it before they have a chance to take it and use it to coddle unemployed heroin addicts! (Wage/Transfer budget increased by £10m)

SPEND SPEND SPEND

Sicke
Jul 12, 2013

Honestly I just wanted a seal picture
C. The one thing that this club needs is more money circulating and staying out of the greedy governments hands. If you want to spend more then you are asking for go ahead.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I vote for B. again spending money is important but we need to keep profit and expenditure close.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

B. I believe that spending money will help us stay in Champions League contention, but I want our club to have enough money for a big offseason to fund a deep Champions League run.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
B

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
B. It'd be great to not go bankrupt!

e: changing my vote to A because you do ask for money worrying often... which undermines my point of not going bankrupt.

Nondevor fucked around with this message at 08:19 on May 11, 2014

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

A. Definitely need to stop throwing about money. It's only our second season in the Prem. Financial stability is something that needs to be addressed, especially with serious increases in our recent expenditures.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I hate to be that guy, but A. It feels like you ask for more money every six months. We'll re-assess at the end of the year.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Gotta vote A

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Cowards, the lot of you. We're in the Champion's League places. Maintain that and 'shitton' does not begin to describe the amount of money that will be thrown at us. Look at the table. Look at our results. We have faced Megabastards as equals and the season is halfway done. Strive to consolidate! To be overly cautious is to stand still when everyone else is running.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
B seems to be the most reasonable option.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
C - we are in 4th. Cough up the money

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

After mainlining this thread over the past week, I think I have to vote B. You need money but we can't give you everything.

Also, I can't believe no one has realized that there's a clear nickname for Shirra. After all, can't you just hear the Wrexham faithful singing from the stands "Que Shirra, Shirra"?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Well, I want to point out that I didn't ask for a specific amount this time. :) We'll probably be a better team even without any additions, and I'm not sure what I'll spend the money on- if anything. Having the option to do so is pretty nice, though.

I'm away the next two days, I audition for Jeopardy tomorrow! I may or may not be able to get up the interlude looking at our top players and how we stack up against the rest of the Premier League during that time.

eta: Also, I like Que Shirra, Shirra as the fan song for Shirra. That's an excellent repurposing of the song.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 17:37 on May 11, 2014

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

I vote for B as well.

We have a solid squad, Mr Brown himself has no major target right now and I'd say that if anything we should be looking out for a nice few youth bargains or possibly a cover player for right back.

Sudoku
Jul 18, 2009
A. You just got a raise and you're still asking for more money to be thrown your way? We have been beyond accommodating your whims and wishes, it's time to reign things in a little.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

habeasdorkus posted:

I'm away the next two days, I audition for Jeopardy tomorrow!

Who is Scott Brown?

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

habeasdorkus posted:

If you get on and Alex's fun fact about you isn't "You manage a Welsh soccer team on the internet" you have failed us.

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

habeasdorkus posted:

Good Luck Sir.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Jeopardy is the best - make it a true daily double for us!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

GruntyThrst posted:

If you get on and Alex's fun fact about you isn't "You manage a Welsh soccer team on the internet" you have failed us.

• Locked thread