Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Puseklepp posted:

Who won Fraud of the Year?

Mourinho.

Mind games his own fans into thinking he's far better than he is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
I am looking forward to Fully poo poo XI and also Fully Sick XI and maybe even a thread where we can post our own XI's.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

8raz posted:

I am looking forward to Fully poo poo XI and also Fully Sick XI and maybe even a thread where we can post our own XI's.

Practice your [code] tags OP, its coming

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Someone make an end of season awards thread

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
I can't decide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQFHjdIWWz0

I like the Arsenal one just cos it's so different than all the others.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

It's not even close for me. That Arsenal goal is amazing. The others are fantastic strikes no doubt but most were just one touch going right.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
I could go on and discuss this season with bits of financial fair play, Mourinho, the Arsenal collapse and put stuff in code tags but its just one word that keeps repeating in my head.

Liverpooshited

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Did Mitroglou ever even get on the pitch for Fulham in the end? Their record signing too

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

I think that Fulham one is the best one tbh. But I can see why the Arsenal one will win. Long range strikes happen fairly frequently but that quick passing/awareness doesn't. Great goal/s.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
It bothers me that wilshere loses control and it comes back to himin the box by chance, well chance and the fact that norwich were crap all season

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Burqa King posted:

It bothers me that wilshere loses control and it comes back to himin the box by chance, well chance and the fact that norwich were crap all season

That was a deliberate pass, op.

Hardflip
Jul 21, 2007

Aston Villa for sale

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27372342

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Sounds like a good TRP joint project. We'll install Ray Parlour as player/manager, bring back Darius Vassell and, of course, buy Jozy Altidore.

gently caress me, Darius Vassell is only 33.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Transfer "news" - Neil Taylor will be leaving Swansea in the summer. No Euro footy next season (hooray!) means there won't be enough games for him and Ben Davies to get enough game time. He hasn't looked quite the same as he once did since his injury but he's still decent.

West Ham bid for him in January. Might be a good move if they're still interested.

Myssu
Sep 19, 2012

Maybe time for a summer transfer thread? Liverpool have put a bid in for Lallana.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

8raz posted:

I can't decide.

My choice is the Shelvy one because when they show the keeper looking shocked its jonjo in the other side's kit.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

8raz posted:

I can't decide.

Shelvey's and Rooney's goals aren't even that good cause the goalkeeper isn't even on the line. Adrian was miles out for the Rooney goal

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
1. Fulham 2. Arsenal imho

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Shelvey's and Rooney's goals aren't even that good cause the goalkeeper isn't even on the line. Adrian was miles out for the Rooney goal

What has that got to do with it? It doesn't automatically go in because the gk isn't there

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Rooney's was down to some awful keeping. Shelvey's was far more impressive.

Regardless, if you don't think that Wilshere goal is the best then you're wrong.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

It's between the Arsenal and the Fulham goal for me.

Ravel
Dec 23, 2009

There's no story
We see a Kasami goal every couple of seasons, you'll hardly ever see as slick a team goal as that Wilshere goal though.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Ravel posted:

We see a Kasami goal every couple of seasons, you'll hardly ever see as slick a team goal as that Wilshere goal though.

Rosicky scored a similar one this season.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M98tj5AlGqg

Heskie
Aug 10, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmUXn7un-lU

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past

PirateBob posted:

1. Fulham 2. Arsenal imho

I think that's unlikely to happen next year given that we will be playing in the Championship.

Seriously that Kasami goal was amazing and pretty much the only highlight of our season. And it's with his weaker foot.

sweek0 fucked around with this message at 12:52 on May 12, 2014

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
This guy just never stops.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11704/9308625/cardiff-city-malky-mackay-to-blame-insists-owner-vincent-tan

Vincent Tan blames everything on MacKay.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

I don't give a single poo poo about Cardiff and I still hate Vincent Tan.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Corrode posted:

I don't give a single poo poo about Cardiff and I still hate Vincent Tan.

I think he's cool and good.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

quote:

"We were supposed to have a main striker and we signed a 20-year-old (Andreas Cornelius), paying him £45,000 a week.

"We paid more than £10m. The reported £7.5m is not the right number. It was over £10m. And, guess what? He hardly started.

"Why pay so much for a main striker, pay £45,000 a week, more than Craig Bellamy, and then don't start him?

He's got a point.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

sassassin posted:

He's got a point.

Anti-Chinese racism.

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

Tbf, he's not wrong with this

quote:

As for Mackay's purchases, Tan added: "I gave him a big budget and he spent it on the wrong people.

"We were supposed to have a main striker and we signed a 20-year-old (Andreas Cornelius), paying him £45,000 a week.

"We paid more than £10m. The reported £7.5m is not the right number. It was over £10m. And, guess what? He hardly started.

"Why pay so much for a main striker, pay £45,000 a week, more than Craig Bellamy, and then don't start him?

What a terrible signing. And they sold him back at a major loss

drat IT sassassin

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Wasn't Cornelius injured a lot of the time? I mean, he's still a bad signing, but I wouldn't be surprised if Tan had no idea and was sat there every week expecting to see him on the pitch.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Corrode posted:

Wasn't Cornelius injured a lot of the time? I mean, he's still a bad signing, but I wouldn't be surprised if Tan had no idea and was sat there every week expecting to see him on the pitch.

He wasn't. He was just literally worse than Jozy.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Also in transfer news, David Luiz is apparently a Barca player now or just abouts.

Shrapnig posted:

He wasn't. He was just literally worse than Jozy.

No evidence

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I'm glad barca are still managing go get less likeable. really takes work

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Cornelius is your typical grew up big and strong young player who uses his physicality to bully defenders in the minor leagues. This often gets mistaken for actual talent, but doesn't work so well in the PL unless you're a proper genetic freak (Bony) and/or have enough technical skills to back it up.

He's poo poo and has gone back to his level.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

corpuscollossus posted:

Also in transfer news, David Luiz is apparently a Barca player now or just abouts.

He'll shore up that defence alright.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Would be gutted to see Crazy Dave go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Chelsea would be dumb to sell him. Just get rid of Terry, already.

• Locked thread