Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.

Luminous Obscurity posted:

I'm trying to think of good text for one of these and have nothing. Thoughts?

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

[color="#82807E"]"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both[/color] [color="#413839"]loud[/color] [color="#82807E"]and[/color] [color="#E5E6E4"]quiet[/color] [color="#82807E"]notes."[/color]

Like dis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
That's actually really cool, thanks! :)

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
The piano is one of the most astonishing instruments humanity has ever produced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpuROwy_8mg

Chopin's "Revolutionary Etude Op 12. No. 10", which I recently rediscovered after watching the Catherine LP. One of the most Polish pieces ever written, swinging wildly between piano and forte. Mostly forte though.

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?

Meowjesty posted:

[color="#82807E"]"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both[/color] [color="#413839"]loud[/color] [color="#82807E"]and[/color] [color="#E5E6E4"]quiet[/color] [color="#82807E"]notes."[/color]

Like dis

I'm really flattered by this.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.

Heavy Zed posted:

I'm really flattered by this.

It's a good quote! It also kinda mimics Gigi's 'parfait is French for perfect' note, which I thought was appropriate.

That's actually really cool, thanks! :)

:3:

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Hurray I bought things from Gigi, who is cute, much like the comic which she draws. Her table was right next to the girl that draws Solstoria. Which is also cute. Cute cute cute.

I didn't see any nerds get crushed though, sorry!

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

I didn't see any nerds get crushed though, sorry!

I'd ask for a refund :colbert:

(did you get the fashion book? I want that!!!)

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

My friend in Toronto went to TCAF and was going to get a fashion book for me but apparently Gigi ran out really quickly :smith:

At least she was able to get me a Peridot/Almond print :unsmith:

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

SexyBlindfold posted:

I'd ask for a refund :colbert:

(did you get the fashion book? I want that!!!)

I didn't, I bought a set of character prints to frame and had her sign my copy of KIRBY'S DREAM ZINE.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Man, I really regret not being able to make it to TCAF this year. Oh well.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Her table was right next to the girl that draws Solstoria. Which is also cute. Cute cute cute.

I need to read that comic still :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Ended up stumbling in on this comic this morning, after trying to reverse image search a couple of the avatars, of all things :v:. Enjoyable romp!

... I can't stop feeling really bad for NK, after reading page 499. He just looks so goddamned lost and forlorn after being reminded what he can't have. So sad :smith:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Anyone able to make some good banner ads? I might grab one to raise awareness of CC if so. More folks should give it a read since it's one of the best out there.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
What is the update schedule now? Because I am a nerd I thought it was Wednesday and Sunday but I am wrong

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nah I'm pretty sure it is and Gigi is just late due to TCAF.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Gigi said she would be skipping Sunday's update because of TCAF, yeah.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/fancydrak/status/465717514375557120/photo/1

https://twitter.com/FwugRadiation/status/465877317646958593/photo/1

I'm trying to understand the madness and failing

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

First one looks like a reference to 20th Century Boys, but that's not possible. Because then gigi would be a nerd in need of crushing.

Second one appears to be some kind of Sonic reference if my googling is correct?

Chalupa Picada fucked around with this message at 18:30 on May 13, 2014

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

First one looks like a reference to 20th Century Boys, but that's not possible. Because then gigi would be a nerd in need of crushing.

Second one appears to be some kind of Sonic reference if my googling is correct?

That is exactly what the second one is. Specifically, Noise Master quoting Shadow the Hedgehog.

loving fantastic :golfclap:

SexyBrianPuppet
Oct 5, 2010

remember, you are talking to the pranking MASTER.
The first one's quote is a reference to this Tumblr post.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

For some reason this makes Splashmaster's concern in the last panel at least ten times funnier.

Jewel
May 2, 2009

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

Is there a contest out there where the reward is gigidigi coming and hanging out at your work for a day?

Because there should be, is what I'm saying.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Is there a contest out there where the reward is gigidigi coming and hanging out at your work for a day?

She would just crush the winner like the pathetic nerd they are all day.

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

So if Noisemaster is Shadow, who would be Maria? Mutemaster? The Nightmare Knight????

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Cucumber.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?

Suddenly all of Cucumber Quest and Gigi's existence makes sense to me.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

That never fails to make me laugh every time I see it. I really need to play Thousand Year Door, but last I checked, used copies were pretty pricey.

Diet Conan Doyle
Jan 15, 2010

Watch as I pluck the moon from the very sky!
http://cucumber.gigidigi.com/cq/page-504/

"Unlimited Call, Text, Familiars"

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
The more I see of Oracle the more she comes across as a, pardon my french, massive bitch.
At first I thought that she was just hillarously incompetent and kinda stupid (the adroable stupid), now she is extremely rude and I just wish someone punched her in the face.

I'm sure someone will along the way.

Heavy Zed
Mar 23, 2013

Is there anything here I can swing from?
Yeah it's great how even when she's being helpful she's a huge jerk.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
The Dream Oracle might honestly be the biggest rear end in a top hat in a thing I've read in a while.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
It's kinda like Gigi is playing with story book and video game conventions in order to tell a relatively fresh story.
You know like having a reluctant hero in the full sense of the word, a reluctant villain, and a force for good that is actually a massive jerk.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

BearDrivingTruck posted:

The Dream Oracle might honestly be the biggest rear end in a top hat in a thing I've read in a while.

Didn't you say the last thing you read was a book about Germany in World War 2?

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
There's probably a good reason why no one's taken a swing at her or anything. For all we know, she could be a step below the Nightmare Knight.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes

Fried Chicken posted:

Didn't you say the last thing you read was a book about Germany in World War 2?

I think you might have me confused with someone else.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Calaveron posted:

It's kinda like Gigi is playing with story book and video game conventions in order to tell a relatively fresh story.
You know like having a reluctant hero in the full sense of the word, a reluctant villain, and a force for good that is actually a massive jerk.

To be fair, we don't know if the villain is reluctant. The Nightmare Knight has, as of yet, unknown motives. A few moments of levity don't yet discourage the idea that he has a very sinister plan yet. He is surely aware of how often this has repeated itself, and seems as tired of it as anyone else.

ALthough the whole conclusion with Noisemaster was so bizarre. I sort of feel bad for the bad guys if they really are completely doomed to fail no matter how hard they try.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

BearDrivingTruck posted:

I think you might have me confused with someone else.

I was trying to make a joke and failed :(: I am the worst goon

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Fried Chicken posted:

I was trying to make a joke and failed :(: I am the worst goon

I LIKED IT!

I like jokes. It's why I like Cucumber Quest. It has jokes in it. Not jokes alluding Hitler but still, some pretty funny jokes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Popo posted:

I LIKED IT!

I like jokes. It's why I like Cucumber Quest. It has jokes in it. Not jokes alluding Hitler but still, some pretty funny jokes.

Excuse me Cucumber Quest is a very serious story about a bunny and his adventure to save a magical kingdom there is no time for funnyman ruses quips wits spills or chills.