Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Vinestalk posted:

Chelsea would be dumb to sell him. Just get rid of Terry, already.

As much as I hate him Terry and Cahill have been the best CB pairing in the league this season and Luiz is a defensive liability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Luiz obviously isn't a Mourinho player because he can actually play football.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

EvilHawk posted:

As much as I hate him Terry and Cahill have been the best CB pairing in the league this season and Luiz is a defensive liability.

Agreed but

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Luiz is great except for his defending. I'd be sad to see him go though. Cool dude.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Terry is going to lose his ability to move by Christmas

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Pepe Mel is no longer the West Brom manager

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Pepe Mel is done, RIP

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Luiz made a nice holding midfielder, which mostly seemed to be where Mourinho used him. It's probably worth more for Chelsea to cash in on him and buy a striker, though.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

blue footed boobie posted:

Luiz made a nice holding midfielder, which mostly seemed to be where Mourinho used him. It's probably worth more for Chelsea to cash in on him and buy a striker, though.

Or they could keep both Luiz and Lukaku and not make needless expenditures for minor benefits.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Eric Cantonese posted:

Or they could keep both Luiz and Lukaku and not make needless expenditures for minor benefits.

Even if they kept Lukaku they'd probably need another top, top striker since they're expected to clear out all the dogshit this summer.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

They're going to buy costa aren't they. Noooo.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I would like to keep Luiz but Chelsea would only be selling him if they have another target that Mourinho likes more or if they think one of the kids can step in (lol).

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Bape Culture posted:

They're going to buy costa aren't they. Noooo.

They're going to buy Varane.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Tbf, he's not wrong with this

What a terrible signing. And they sold him back at a major loss

drat IT sassassin

I like that his solution to that was getting Solskjær, who'd do the exact same thing with Berget and Eikrem just to line up him and his buddy's pocket.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Funky Koval posted:

They're going to buy Varane.

Oh I forgot about Varane. I would gladly swap David Luiz for Varane.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Varane is struggling to string together multiple games in a row. I don't think a more physical league is going to help his problems.

euroboy posted:

Pepe Mel is done, RIP

He can finally get back to writing his detective series.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Vinestalk posted:

Varane is struggling to string together multiple games in a row. I don't think a more physical league is going to help his problems.

He is, but Mourinho's a fan of his and whereas I didn't think it was likely Real were going to let him go, with Zidane leaving and his recent poor run of form it's looking more likely.

Pedro De Heredia
May 30, 2006

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Oh I forgot about Varane. I would gladly swap David Luiz for Varane.

Varane is dead, his knee swells up after every game and he can't play more than once a week.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Pedro De Heredia posted:

Varane is dead, his knee swells up after every game and he can't play more than once a week.

Chelsea were able to bring the Hutch back from the dead, I think Varane will be ok.

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.
Just want to point out that the Zouma kid Chelsea already have on the books is a pretty amazing CB.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage

Funky Koval posted:

He is, but Mourinho's a fan of his and whereas I didn't think it was likely Real were going to let him go, with Zidane leaving and his recent poor run of form it's looking more likely.

Is Zidane leaving Real?

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

euroboy posted:

Pepe Mel is done, RIP

Just a fat Spanish waiter

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Puseklepp posted:

Is Zidane leaving Real?

There was mention of him going to take a lead management job somewhere else and then probably going back to Real Madrid after he gets some experience. I honestly think it's a good move.

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO

quote:

"Sherwood, 45, said: "If I had started the season, we would have been in the Champions League."

This is why you rub people the wrong way, Timmy. I can't wait for him to get out.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/05/11/upshot/up-soccer-table.html?hp

Only registered members can see post attachments!

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
congrats liverpool on winning the english goals only league.

Al2001
Apr 7, 2007

You've gone through at the back
So apparently someone's done the lip-reading and Shola called Phil Dowd a "fat dwarfy mong oval office".

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Referees don't like their binomial name

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Chelsea 9th despite only scoring 10 goals, now that's mourinho-ball

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Ivanovic is a better CB than Luiz. If Chelsea can get a solid left back and play Azpilicueta on the right a central pairing of Cahill and Ivanovic would be ideal. Luiz is a huge goofball and now that Matic bosses the defensive midfield he's really not that necessary, cashing in makes perfect sense.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Its more hilarious that Barcelona think he's the solution to their comedy defence.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

wrong thread

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Pedro De Heredia posted:

Ledley??

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Not satisfied with our position in the laughing stock league table Jeremy Peace has taken decisive action and smashed us right the way up to Champions by sacking Pepe Mel. ffs

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Al2001 posted:

So apparently someone's done the lip-reading and Shola called Phil Dowd a "fat dwarfy mong oval office".

Hahahaha is this true

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Al2001 posted:

Tell us what he said then! (oh, and don't sign your post bwhahahahahhahahahahah).

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Shola's not the type but by god I hope that's true

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

This might be controversial but I don't think Shola called Phil Dowd a fat dwarfy mong oval office.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Fooly Cooly 25 posted:

This is why you rub people the wrong way, Timmy. I can't wait for him to get out.

This is NOT TRUE op, they would have been 5th.

blue footed boobie posted:

He didn't like playing him there because that's what Rafa did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Thirteenth Step posted:

Not satisfied with our position in the laughing stock league table Jeremy Peace has taken decisive action and smashed us right the way up to Champions by sacking Pepe Mel. ffs

I don't think anyone noticed the man enough to make his sacking remarkable in any way.

• Locked thread