Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

Joe and I are terrible at TLoU. Also the grenade launcher they added is awful and I'm not even convinced it does damage.

speak for yourself, I ranked up!

:ssh: from 0 to 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Haha TLOU is insanely hard to get decent at for some reason. I picked it back up after the story dlc came out and managed to get zero kills in about 45 minutes of play.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

I mentioned it a couple times here, but I had a conversation with the guy what crashes MAVs into people and makes them upset:

Battlefield Trolling Conversation with Zelmarked

I figured since the BF3 console thread was where I found out about him it would be appropriate to post this here, it's mostly about his process for choosing people, getting footage and how he got into doing it. It's also set to video of Jihad jeeps and EODdy kills in case you would rather see that.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Someone post that video again where that one British kid got MAV'd over and over again which lead to a complete meltdown on his livestream while his friend looked on with a 1000-yard stare.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Your talking about MajorWales & CurtoB.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

yessssssss that's the one

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

... And you didn't record this?

I did, I just havent uploaded it (and that xboxclips site hasnt listed it so I am assuming that doesnt happen as automatically as some people suspect)

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
Trying to join a party boots me off my console. Is this a new feature? I can only hope!

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Captain Log posted:

Trying to join a party boots me off my console. Is this a new feature? I can only hope!

Sorry brosef, Thugasaurus was having join problems too.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

just watched the dragons teeth preview put up by jack frags.

Cant loving wait to see every single person playing as whatever class can use the MAARs and running it forever.

:bravo: :dice:

zero democracy
Oct 9, 2002

in extremis
Pretty sure that HML did all the actual work here:

http://youtu.be/myFx5WUHsk0

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Nice shooting, next time aim your gun at the bad guy.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

zero democracy posted:

Nope, all you bro. It sure as hell wasn't our other LAV. Those of UofK fuckers were working nicely in tandem.

Next time I'm switching. I can't play on bad teams after a hard work day.

Also, Zuni rocket LAV fights look awesome from the outside.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 04:18 on May 13, 2014

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Laserface posted:

just watched the dragons teeth preview put up by jack frags.

Cant loving wait to see every single person playing as whatever class can use the MAARs and running it forever.

:bravo: :dice:
From what the Symthic (or whatever) forums dug up the MAAR looks like it's one of those special weapons you pick up on the map.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

zero democracy posted:

This is how you Two-fer :colbert:

http://gameclipscontent-d2007.xboxl...08e3fab3d3ab79a

thenicko33
Sep 2, 2011
If everything goes according to plan (which it usually doesn't), my ascension to the xbone begins mid to late june. Looking forward to jetageddon on 64 man servers.

Also, Titanfall, really good. Do you still play it, Mail? I'll probably pick it up too for Xbone if you guys still play it.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

thenicko33 posted:

If everything goes according to plan (which it usually doesn't), my ascension to the xbone begins mid to late june. Looking forward to jetageddon on 64 man servers.

Also, Titanfall, really good. Do you still play it, Mail? I'll probably pick it up too for Xbone if you guys still play it.

Great news! And yeah, I'm still playing Titanfall. The first DLC is coming out this month alongside a free patch to the base game that addresses my three biggest remaining problems with the interface. Respawn have been unbelievably responsive to the community, and I want to support that. I'll probably buy their DLC after all.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

thenicko33 posted:

Hooray! Someone on Golmud was actually daring to jetlord us the other day. I need my protection in the sky.

We still play Titanfall. We're playing a lot more BF4 now since the 64 player servers work once again, but once they release the new Titanfall maps I'll be back on it.

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Ahahahaha thank you Dice.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Yo Nick and others on the fence, looks like starting July 9th the Xbone is going to be selling for $399. Looks like they're finally doing the Kinectless SKU.

http://majornelson.com/2014/05/13/delivering-more-choices-for-fans/

Whoa. And Netflix and others no longer require XBL Gold. Sounds like Phil Spencer is doing some work.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
Kinect menu navigation is pretty loving rad though. I wouldn't get one without it. You'll be missing out.

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Yo Nick and others on the fence, looks like starting July 9th the Xbone is going to be selling for $399. Looks like they're finally doing the Kinectless SKU.

Whoa. And Netflix and others no longer require XBL Gold. Sounds like Phil Spencer is doing some work.

Surely at this point, and without hyperbole, Spencer is doing the equivalent of a surgeon putting lipstick on the body of a 7/10 girl, who was in a horrific car accident, and then asking if you want her as your gf.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Beelzebozo posted:

Kinect menu navigation is pretty loving rad though. I wouldn't get one without it. You'll be missing out.

Kenect menus are great, expect one of the recent updates kind of broke mine and it doesn't respond to my voice only my wife's. It also pisses her off to no end when I walk into the room and it signs me in and it doesn't for her.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

osietra posted:

Surely at this point, and without hyperbole, Spencer is doing the equivalent of a surgeon putting lipstick on the body of a 7/10 girl, who was in a horrific car accident, and then asking if you want her as your gf.

It's more like he's reversing a lot of really bad business decisions. So I guess it's closer to putting a meth head through rehab, getting her meds for her various STDs and then offering to sell her to you for "Friend" prices.

Basically I'm saying you should just build a PC.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

osietra posted:

without hyperbole

I don't think you know what without hyperbole means.

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Don't be so utterly loving ridiculous.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

From what I've read, making Netflix and Hulu free weren't definite as of yet, but I hope it is since that's always been a stupid decision to keep them behind a paywall. As far as the Kinect-less SKU though, it's stupid. The Kinect is an intregal part of what makes the system unique, in my opinion, and if you have $399, you might as well buy the complete system for $499.

They're already in the strong running to be the laughing stock of E3 again this year, but then again, all of E3 has degenerated into a cheesy B-movie anyway. Less than a month to go to see how corporations will destroy our hobby this year!

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
Holy poo poo. :stare:

If you only watched the first few minutes of this, play it again and fast forward to about 7 minutes in.

:stare:

Big McLargeHuge
Jan 2, 2001

Lebanon LOL
PS4ce, the wife is away, smoking cigars at a local lounge...should be on in an hour, for reals this time.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Bagpuss_UK posted:

Holy poo poo. :stare:

If you only watched the first few minutes of this, play it again and fast forward to about 7 minutes in.

:stare:

That's amazing. :allears:

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I wish I had activated the sharing function. Seedge, you'd be so proud, I parachuted onto a shanghai rooftop full of engineers, and hugged 4 in a row. Night of my life.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Saw you guys playing on Zavod last night and was about to jump on and then realized my copy of BF4 is missing after my move a month ago :argh:

I'll try and find it soon, if people are going to be playing on the vanilla playlist again then I'm in.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I am so, so, SO bad at this game. Then again, I've been playing with lone wolf snipers go'n snipe pubbies that have zero inclination to stay and work together, so that probably isn't helping things.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Flood Zone can be fun if you aren't playing against a gently caress of wookie assholes.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

red19fire posted:

I wish I had activated the sharing function. Seedge, you'd be so proud, I parachuted onto a shanghai rooftop full of engineers, and hugged 4 in a row. Night of my life.

Protip for PS4ce: if you haven't used the share button since the last system update, do it. You have to go through the tutorial screen again before it will record your gameplay.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

sbaldrick posted:

Flood Zone can be fun if you aren't playing against a gently caress of wookie assholes.

can be fun if you are and you're running mortar, or MAV to push them off the roofs.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

sbaldrick posted:

Secrets to enjoying Flood Zone:

If you're in an LAV, keep control of the highway.

If you're infantry, ignore the rooftop points.

Once I stopped fighting over B and C, I started enjoying the map much more.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
Also, if you get the transport chopper you can either road kill snipers on the roof if they're enemies, or push them off if they're teammates. Either way is wicked funny.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Linedance posted:

can be fun if you are and you're running mortar, or MAV to push them off the roofs.

Also a bunch of fun if you hog every LAV that spawns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Once I stopped fighting over B and C, I started enjoying the map much more.

What are you doing if your aren't at B or C? A is horrible to attack/defend and when you finally take it someone might not show up for the next 10 minutes. You get sniped relentlessly at D and there's pretty much one reasonably place in the convenience store to cap it where you don't immediately get wiped out by a LAV. E is okay but it's not very interesting and if the water's up your still a big swim from everything. In fact god help you if you're anywhere but B or C if the water's up.

• Locked thread