Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Surprisingly "prince of all saiyans" isn't something you can put on your resumé.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

AGirlWonder posted:

Of course he doesn't pay taxes. The only money Vegeta gets is whatever Bulma gives him or he digs out of the sofa cushions.

Yeah this is probably closer to the truth.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.
Considering that they established in the Saiyan Saga that aliens were a new thing on Earth (as far as they knew, anyways) you'd think Vegeta and the Briefs could use that to make some serious cash. Especially considering that they used Saiyan tech to build a ship capable of travelling across the Galaxy in a few days. It always bugged me that they had this tech and didn't use it to, you know, advance humanity in any way.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Squallege posted:

Surprisingly "prince of all saiyans" isn't something you can put on your resumé.

"What do you mean I'm not qualified for the job!? I'll have you know I'm the prince of all saiyans!!"

"I don't care if you're the king of the beach! You're not qualified to work here!!"

Now I really wished there was an episode where Vegeta applied for an office job somewhere. :allears:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Squallege posted:

Wouldn't stop him. Ever.

gently caress, if I was a prince, I'd put that on my resumé.

KoB
May 1, 2009

AGirlWonder posted:

Of course he doesn't pay taxes. The only money Vegeta gets is whatever Bulma gives him or he digs out of the sofa cushions.

I'd watch an episode about Vegeta trying to find quarters in the sofa in order to buy a soda at the 711. Even moreso if he has Trunks help him in exchange for going to the park.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

Mordaedil posted:

Wouldn't stop him. Ever.

gently caress, if I was a prince, I'd put that on my resumé.

Vegeta can be very insistent when it comes to saiyan-stuff. Though, I can imagine the job interview not going so well.

"I see. You say you are the prince of all saiyans? Could any of your subjects give us a review of your doings as prince?"
"KAKAROOOOOOOOT"

Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
"Vegeta, honey, would you take out the trash?"
"How dare you, woman? Do you expect the Prince of all Saiyans to dirty his hands on such filth? You make a mockery out of my entire warrior race!"

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Brony Hunter posted:

"How dare you, woman? Do you expect the Prince of all Saiyans to dirty his hands on such filth? You make a mockery out of my entire warrior race!"

But when it comes to all affairs Bulla, the Prince of all Saiyans becomes a fluffy teddy bear.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Vegeta's slow transition of noble warrior of a proud, dying race to househusband uncomfortable with his perceived emasculation is probably the best part of the entire franchise.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

We'll pay a terrible price if GT becomes non-canon

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Namtab posted:

It always was.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Szmitten posted:

It always was.

GT was never non-canon although toriyama is now doing his best to cheapen the Gt experience.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Namtab posted:

It's fine, the next DBZ movie will just be Vegeta's Day Out where he's just hanging around, annoying his in-laws, picking fights.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Never forget: GT had a small town's electircal grid power a Kamehameha Wave to destroy the bad guy.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's fine, the next DBZ movie will just be Vegeta's Day Out where he's just hanging around, annoying his in-laws, picking fights.

Well, that KINDA was part of the 2008 special. Different set of in-laws (well, in-law) though.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Squallege posted:

One thing that kind of always surprised me is that he continued calling himself the Prince of all Saiyans. I mean, there were only 8/2.5/4/? Saiyans alive for much of the series, and none of them were the king. Why didn't he assume the dust particles of the throne floating in space and become the King of all Saiyans? Did he want to kill Freeza first? After that, did he have to prove he was better than Goku?

Or was he just used to calling himself the Prince and it's not like anybody could ever outrank him anyway.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
No coronation ceremony, no Saiyan aristocratic institutions left to have a coronation ceremony.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Brony Hunter posted:

Alternately he develops a new technique on the spot:

"GARBAGE BAG CRUSH!"

"FILTH VAPORIZATION!"

Etc.

quote:

No coronation ceremony, no Saiyan aristocratic institutions left to have a coronation ceremony.

New episode idea, Vegeta attempts to corral Goku, Gohan, Trunks and Goten into throwing him a coronation ceremony.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
He briefly considered calling himself "The Saiyan Formerly Known as Prince" but Nappa convinced him it was just way too tacky.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Esroc posted:

Considering that they established in the Saiyan Saga that aliens were a new thing on Earth (as far as they knew, anyways) you'd think Vegeta and the Briefs could use that to make some serious cash. Especially considering that they used Saiyan tech to build a ship capable of travelling across the Galaxy in a few days. It always bugged me that they had this tech and didn't use it to, you know, advance humanity in any way.
I wouldn't assume they didn't, it was just completely irrelevant to the story of a bunch of monkey aliens and a token Namek fighting space gods. Humanity seemed to be doing OK anyway really.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Nessus posted:

I wouldn't assume they didn't, it was just completely irrelevant to the story of a bunch of monkey aliens and a token Namek fighting space gods. Humanity seemed to be doing OK anyway really.

Yeah, Capsule Corp is sort of a huge deal. I'm sure they're contracting all of that technology out for fat loving stacks.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

Mr. Maltose posted:

Nor Kingdom/Planet.
Amazingly he never thought to use the Dragonballs to restore Planet Vegeta.

Also he probably lost his right to the throne after he set up with a weak earthling commoner, that must not set well with the proud Saiyan Master Race policy.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
No one used the Dragon Balls to restore the Saiyans because all Saiyans are assholes.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Twiddy posted:

One thing that kind of always surprised me is that he continued calling himself the Prince of all Saiyans. I mean, there were only 8/2.5/4/? Saiyans alive for much of the series, and none of them were the king. Why didn't he assume the dust particles of the throne floating in space and become the King of all Saiyans? Did he want to kill Freeza first? After that, did he have to prove he was better than Goku?

Or was he just used to calling himself the Prince and it's not like anybody could ever outrank him anyway.

It's Disney Law. Kings and Queens are evil and Princes and Princesses are good...no wait hang on...

Actually, if King Cold was a King why wasn't Frieza "Prince Frieza"?

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Well, he was Lord Freeza, presumably he had a lesser title. Perhaps the rules of succession aren't genealogical among whatever those dudes where.

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > ADTRW > Dragonball Z: Monarchic Constructs of Space Monkeys

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Mr. Maltose posted:

No one used the Dragon Balls to restore the Saiyans because all Saiyans are assholes.
I think that by the time the group would allow Vegeta to use the balls (Post Cell) even he probably mellowed out enough to realize his race was a bunch of assholes.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
There's a time limit on resurrections I thought.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Nessus posted:

People have cars and houses they can store in their pockets. They got it figured out pretty much.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Ak Gara posted:

It's Disney Law. Kings and Queens are evil and Princes and Princesses are good...no wait hang on...

Actually, if King Cold was a King why wasn't Frieza "Prince Frieza"?

Too many invitations for Cooler to call him "Princess".

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

There's a time limit on resurrections I thought.

Originally yeah...
In Dragonball there was a plot point that they have to freeze the bodies so that they don't deteriorate.
And in Z after the saiyan saga it was pointed out that Chaosu exploded and could not be resurrected.
That all changed after Namek.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Vegeta's slow transition of noble warrior of a proud, dying race to househusband uncomfortable with his perceived emasculation is probably the best part of the entire franchise.

I've said it before, but in I was tickled to death when I first realized that late-season Vegeta was, long before I knew it, my first encounter with the concept of a stay at home dad. :3:

yoyomama
Dec 28, 2008

Captain Quack posted:

Originally yeah...
In Dragonball there was a plot point that they have to freeze the bodies so that they don't deteriorate.
And in Z after the saiyan saga it was pointed out that Chaosu exploded and could not be resurrected.
That all changed after Namek.

I thought they couldn't resurrect Chiaotsu because he had already been revived once by the Dragonballs (in DB, when he was killed by Piccolo Sr.).

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Dragonballs are bullshit.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Basically after Dende makes the DragonBall+ there are no real rules anymore.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Speaking of the dragonballs, Shenron is one of the best characters in DBZA. Shame he barely shows up in the proper show.

He's just so loving pissed it's always Goku or his buddies.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Speaking of the dragonballs, Shenron is one of the best characters in DBZA. Shame he barely shows up in the proper show.

He's just so loving pissed it's always Goku or his buddies.

...Wait, this happens in the actual show/movies somewhere? Not just abridged?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
He said DBZA.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

He said DBZA.

...Whoops. drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
To be fair, that's sort of the plot of GT.

• Locked thread