Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gar
May 13, 2005
I got the Playstation but I still play the Sega
WWE basically designs it's shirts as billboards to their Superstars. There is something on the front, back, and usually the sleeves of tshirts. It's too much in a lot of our opinions... There are plenty of shirts that look fine from the front, but the extra poo poo really turns me off. I don't wear shirts with poo poo on the back or on the sleeves, whether it's a band, a sports team, etc.

It's part of their marketing plan, that is clearly working because they sell a lot of shirts, but most adults don't want that poo poo. Luckily for them, a lot more children wear their poo poo than adults and they love having poo poo plastered all over their bodies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

MassRafTer posted:

Most of the complaints here would be more akin to not buying it because there's "GET THE BAD GUYS SPIDEY!" in huge letters on the back of the shirt.

I would LOVE a shirt that had 'GET THE BAD GUYS SPIDEY!' on it. 'Cause gently caress yeah, get those bad guys.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Commissar Ken posted:

I would LOVE a shirt that had 'GET THE BAD GUYS SPIDEY!' on it. 'Cause gently caress yeah, get those bad guys.

I don't like comics and I'd probably wear it too.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Since nobody else will say it I'll say it: almost all wrestling shirts make the wearer look like an rear end-scratching flea market hillbilly, nobody wants that connotation whether we'll say it out loud or not. And personally, yeah words on the back is blechhhhhhhhh.

However I expect someone like Action Bronson to wear some terrible wrestling shirt in a new video at any given time, which would then spike the price of older bad wrestling shirts so hit those Goodwills up ASAP so you can make a killing on eBay.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Yeah, while I know this is a laughable mindset to most I admit I'd have trouble wearing a WWE t-shirt outside of a wrestling event and would only be likely to wear something that's both somewhat cool looking and pretty obscure. My only current one is the El Generico OBEY parody, though I would like that one Shinsuke Nakamura shirt as well.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 22:29 on May 12, 2014

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Thauros posted:

Yeah, while I know this is a laughable mindset to most I admit I'd have trouble wearing a WWE t-shirt outside of a wrestling event and would only be likely to wear something that's both somewhat cool looking and pretty obscure. My only current one is the El Generico OBEY parody, though I would like that one Shinsuke Nakamura shirt as well.
I thought the CM Punk clutching the arrows shirt was pretty good for a WWE shirt.

Jason Funk
Dec 23, 2007

by XyloJW

Thauros posted:

It's that mindset that lets barber shop window and all those other "these are sort of wrestling shirts" companies thrive, though, I guess.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

achillesforever6 posted:

I thought the CM Punk clutching the arrows shirt was pretty good for a WWE shirt.

Most of Punk's recent shirts were good outside of the yellow GTS one, I just generally don't want to be publicly broadcasting the fact that I'm a wrestling fan out in public.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 22:48 on May 12, 2014

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Jason Funk posted:

It's that mindset that lets barber shop window and all those other "these are sort of wrestling shirts" companies thrive, though, I guess.

That Spear Abbey Road shirt of theirs that Edge wore on Raw, is amazing, and you should all own one.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

If I saw somebody just wearing a wrestling shirt I'd think they are a slack jawed yokel. But if they go all out, like they are wearing Cena wristbands and a hat, or macho man shades, I think they are the man.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I still wear my original nWo black and white tshirt and I am exchanging 4-lifes and 2-sweets on a regular basis.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

Saw a dude in a Juicy Couture once wearing a dolph ziggler shirt and cargo shorts livin la vida loca

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

oldpainless posted:

I still wear my original nWo black and white tshirt and I am exchanging 4-lifes and 2-sweets on a regular basis.

Hey Machine Gun. Looking forward to getting a chance to see you wrestle live Saturday.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Who was that poster who always had rainbow dinosaur Dolphin Ziggler avatars? Those always made me chortle.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I have a Cactus Jack Wanted Dead shirt that I wear occasionally to no comment, but I would probably not wear a current WWE shirt. They're much to flashy and notable and I'm a fat self-hating nerd so...

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

My problem with them is that for the most part they're gently caress ugly.

And expensive, but mostly gently caress ugly. I have the Rick Rude Swag one and the PTP one, and they both look real nice, even with the dumb typography on the back of the PTP one.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
WWE always seems to find some way to ruin a shirt that had a nice logo or image on the front. This is usually an obnoxious catchphrase or saying on the back or a fugly color scheme. An example would be the time they hosed up a Hurricane shirt in 2001-02ish. All they had to do was put the Hurricane logo on the front of a t-shirt. They did that and put "Wazzup wit dat?!" in ugly font and bright blue/green colours on the back. It ruined the shirt. Going back to the band shirt analogy: imagine if a metal band had their logo and an image on the front then "My boss can eat a dick!" or something else really stupid on the back or if it's bright yellow in color.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

I occasionally look through WWE shirts and basically every new one is hideous. I bought a Randy Savage shirt off their site a couple months back, and though it's significantly pinker than it was on the site,it has nothing on the sleeves or back, no extraneous text, just shades, MACHO MAN, and a little WWE logo. Looks just fine. I've heard only positive things about it in public.

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.
The best pro-wrestling shirts are the Wanted Dead Cactus Jack shirt. The Yes! Che Bryan shirt, The Macho Man glasses shirt and the famous OBEY Andre spray tag design. Personally, my favorite is the "WE ARE JADO AND GADO. gently caress YOU." shirt. But that's because I find ridiculous aggressive bullshit hilarious.

Since I do not know a better place to recommend this graphic novel, I'll do it here.

Andre the Giant has always been a fascinating guy to me. Like a modern day John Henry or Paul Bunyan, he's one of the best mythical folk heroes in history.

Box Brown is a independent comic artist and writer.

Put them together, and you get Andre The Giant: Life and Legend, Brown's new biographical comic book on Andre. Definitely worth checking out if you like comics, wrestling, or simply great stories about the most famous and fascinating Giant since Goliath. I'm half way through with it, and have really enjoyed it. Check it out.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

I'm a pro football fan, one of the most mainstream things possible for other people to know you're a fan of.

If you designed a t-shirt of my favorite NFL team* with some lame graphic/slogan on the back of it, there is zero chance I'm buying it. If you stick an NFL tag on it, I'm probably only buying it if I know it can be removed. Tacky, crappy shirts are bad no matter the subject.

*When you root for a team like the Raiders, your wrestling fandom might not be the most shameful thing to advertise in public.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

jscolon2.0 posted:

That Spear Abbey Road shirt of theirs that Edge wore on Raw, is amazing, and you should all own one.

That website saw that one get popular and made about 30 other versions of it. The Edge one is still kinda cool, but they ran it into the ground.

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!
I still wear my Austin 3:16 shirt and get a comment about how it's a great shirt at least once every time.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
I refuse to buy a wrestling shirt until they make one that's Rick Rude's poorly-painted face from his pants, except on both sides of a t-shirt. That I would wear all the time.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Jason Funk posted:

I agree with what you're saying in regard to wrestling shirts. If I buy a shirt for whatever reason I'm going to wear it. I wear my cm punk best in the world shirt all the time and no one's given me a swirlie yet despite the wwe tag or whatever. I've had people who don't even know what it means tell me its a cool shirt and otherwise it just leads random wrestling fans to compliment it and poo poo. People need to not be ashamed of this stupid hobby we all have. If someone who isn't a fan watches a ppv or random episode of Raw with you chances are they'll find something or someone they like on the show. Two things that non-fans always love are superplexes and ron simmons saying drat. Just something I've noticed lol

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

schweens posted:

I agree with what you're saying in regard to wrestling shirts. If I buy a shirt for whatever reason I'm going to wear it. I wear my cm punk best in the world shirt all the time and no one's given me a swirlie yet despite the wwe tag or whatever. I've had people who don't even know what it means tell me its a cool shirt and otherwise it just leads random wrestling fans to compliment it and poo poo. People need to not be ashamed of this stupid hobby we all have. If someone who isn't a fan watches a ppv or random episode of Raw with you chances are they'll find something or someone they like on the show. Two things that non-fans always love are superplexes and ron simmons saying drat. Just something I've noticed lol

If ya'd like I can give you a wet willie.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

MassRafTer posted:

If ya'd like I can give you a wet willie.

I'd appreciate that v. much thank you

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I've also had experiences with non/casual fans really liking the superplex of all things, I wonder why that is?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ThePariah posted:

I've also had experiences with non/casual fans really liking the superplex of all things, I wonder why that is?

because it looks cool

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
I thought it was particularly awesome when I was a kid. It just looks devastating, I guess.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

From the mightiest king to the lowliest peasant who doesn't enjoy a good superplex?

Psycho Mantits
Oct 6, 2009
Not wanting to advertise yourself as a wrestling fan is dumb, because unless you're still in middle or high school literally nobody gives a poo poo about that sort of thing. Admittedly some wrestling shirts can be pretty garish, but gently caress it, wear whatever you think is cool. I wear my "In Punk We Trust" shirt out in public all the time. poo poo, my best friend is a cop and he wears a goddamn Dragonball t-shirt out in public when he's not on duty. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and all that.

And yes, superplexes are awesome.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

ThePariah posted:

The superplex blew my mind the first time I saw it and has a cool name. I was disappointed when I learned it's almost never the finish.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I guess I'm the only one desensitized to superplexes, then. A regular superplex doesn't do much for me these days. I really like the apron variation Cesaro does, though.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The best time to wear a wrestling shirt is if you look vaguely like the wrestler. Then you can go watch a PPV in a BWW and little kids will yell slogans at you all night.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Halloween Jack posted:

The best time to wear a wrestling shirt is if you look vaguely like the wrestler. Then you can go watch a PPV in a bbw and her kids will yell slogans at you all night.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

I wear my now beat-to-poo poo Punk BITW shirt out all the time. I don't think I would wear anything newer though.

I wore that shirt when I first got it to go to Target or something real quick. A little boy of about 6 saw me and started marking the gently caress out and ran over to tell me how much he loved Punk. Then he did the "It's clobbering time!" yell in the middle of the store. :3:

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

"My best friend is a cop and he wears dumb manchild poo poo in public and I don't question any part of that at all" is a very compelling argument thank you.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I bought a RYBACK RULES shirt for $5 to use up some of my $25 WWE shop gift card, it was a 5 star purchase.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

ThePariah posted:

I guess I'm the only one desensitized to superplexes, then. A regular superplex doesn't do much for me these days. I really like the apron variation Cesaro does, though.

When was the last time anyone did a slingshot suplex?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The Shield "Justice Isn't Free" shirt I bought at Wrestlemania is awesome. Though it seems people just think it's something from the TV show.