Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

sassassin posted:

Lukaku is not willing to fight for a place so will be off asap
I wish. He'll be joining Courtois on the bench because Mourinho is the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
Lukaku would do great at Arsenal, but Mourinho will conveniently forget the comments he made in January about how they just need to make a bid to do business when he rejects them outright.

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

£32m seems like a steal for someone who might lead Madrid to the double.

Reckon there is a ton of accounting tricks not included in that figure.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

At(h)letico are pretty deep in the hole, I think, so they're going to get taken to pieces this summer.

Wouldn't be suprised if Chelsea offered them cash-up-front for a knockdown price, similar to the Arsenal deal for Cazorla.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
Goodbye wobbly gobbed tosser, you missed a drug test and got paid a fortune but you were pretty good most of the time

Christ modern football is depressing

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup

sassassin posted:

Lukaku is not willing to fight for a place so will be off asap

Why should he though? He's proven goal scorer. He should be starting every game

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

But he didn't cost £50000000 so how can he be as good as torres

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

excuse me lady posted:

Goodbye wobbly gobbed tosser, you missed a drug test and got paid a fortune but you were pretty good most of the time

Its less depressing now Man United are poo poo imo

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
I'd have Lukaku over Giroud. Call me crazy.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

excuse me lady posted:

Its a pity he's such a oval office because at his peak he was probably one of the best around.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

corpuscollossus posted:

I'd have Lukaku over Giroud. Call me crazy.

I think everyone agrees with this. Lukaku is at least as good as Giroud and is only 20.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

R. Mute posted:

I wish. He'll be joining Courtois on the bench because Mourinho is the worst.

If Lukaku makes the bench he will probably end up proving himself and rotating with Costa. I'm more worried that Mourinho will sell him for some dumb reason. Then again Mourinho hasn't been made to regret selling a player very often. Robben and Ibra are really the only 2 big ones, and even then I don't think those sales keep him up at night.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

It must suck for Chelsea supporters knowing that no matter who they sign Mourinho will still have them playing awful football

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

The only thing that keeps mourinho up at night is the thought of people not paying him attention

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

Mourinho offered him the chance to fight for his place in the first team at Chelsea this season. Instead Lukaku cried and demanded a loan.

Getting guaranteed first team football at his age is obviously very important, but if he'd stayed he would've been first choice within 6 weeks and would've won the league.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug
Diego Costa is good but not great and certainly not worth £32m. He's hard-working, fits Mourinho's style, and will be fine with the EPL pace/physicality, but I don't think his constant simulation will go over well, nor do I think that his tough-guy facade will intimidate many defenders. Lukaku has Altidorean first touch and peaked when he steamrolled Jamie Carragher two seasons ago.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Smeef posted:

Diego Costa is good but not great and certainly not worth £32m. He's hard-working, fits Mourinho's style, and will be fine with the EPL pace/physicality, but I don't think his constant simulation will go over well, nor do I think that his tough-guy facade will intimidate many defenders. Lukaku has Altidorean first touch and peaked when he steamrolled Jamie Carragher two seasons ago.

Lol.

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009
mods rename me "Altidorean First Touch"

e:Also, West Ham are sacking Big Sam? Y/N?

Andio
May 10, 2004

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind

quiet enjoyment posted:

mods rename me "Altidorean First Touch"

e:Also, West Ham are sacking Big Sam? Y/N?

Please! Bring Moyes in.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

My striker scores a ton of goals but his first touch is poo poo and this is a big problem for me

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Thirteenth Step posted:

My striker scores a ton of goals but his first touch is poo poo and this is a big problem for me

Daniel Sturridge scores a trillion goals a game, but he is greedy and always wants to score goals. No thanks.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Taff posted:

Its a pity he's such a oval office because at his peak he was probably one of the best around.

There will always be that season that him and Vidic didnt let a goal in for like 1000 minutes or something idk its hard to remember the good times right now.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Rodgers got manager of the year.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Hoops posted:

Rodgers got manager of the year.

Does he get a trophy for this?

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Actually he's won LMA manager of the year, and apparently Pulis has won Premier League manager of the year, because there's two different ones apparently?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Did Gerrard get Blooper of the Year?

Shroud
May 11, 2009

hadji murad posted:

Did Gerrard get Blooper of the Year?

Hope it doesn't slip away from him at the end, now.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Smeef posted:

Wrong thread

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Im thinking of buying this.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

quote:

"After 12 fantastic years I have decided the time is right for me to move on," said Ferdinand.

loving how Rio's acting like it's his decision.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

mynameisjohn posted:

Rio got merked

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

mynameisjohn posted:

He is a bitch

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
Seems like he wanted a nice big contract and they said gently caress that

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
The Guardian is claiming United's bid for Luke Shaw has been reeeee-jected

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Yeah, the league leaders in Spain are really going to agree a fee on one of their best players right before the end of the their season and the Champion's League final. Good lord, SkySports is desperate.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

mynameisjohn posted:

Good, gently caress off you entitled dressing room cancer.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Please let this be true.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Hope they sell us Lallana.

jooky
Jan 15, 2003

why in the world would you believe transfer rumors immediately after the season ends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
I for one would love the 1/2 pairing of Lukaku and Costa with the old pine cleared out in typical Chels fashion.

Ewar Woowar posted:

It must suck for Chelsea supporters knowing that no matter who they sign Mourinho will still have them playing awful football

Literally no Chelsea supporter has ever thought that and it doesn't suck for Chelsea supporters at all, ever.

• Locked thread