Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!
Saddle soap, cleaning compound of deceit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
My friend the squeegee. I love you.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
If you missed it, there was a shout-out to Rifftrax in Issue 20 of Revival by Image Comics:

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Ensign_Ricky posted:

If you missed it, there was a shout-out to Rifftrax in Issue 20 of Revival by Image Comics:

I hate the way comics bold certain words like that. Or maybe she is being very sarcastic about Rifftrax.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

fenix down posted:

I hate the way comics bold certain words like that. Or maybe she is being very sarcastic about Rifftrax.

Frank Miller is particularly terrible for that. But Frank is just particularly terrible with everything these days. In this case, I like to think the writer was trying to make the word stand out so people would google it and Mike & Co could make a few extra bucks.

I might be wrong though.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rifftrax/rifftrax-wants-to-riff-godzilla-live-in-theaters-n

New Rifftrax Kickstarter for the 1998 Godzilla movie! It's no Twilight, but still pretty good.

Also, having the guys riff your wedding video might be one of the greatest rewards ever put up.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

NEW RIFFTRAX KICKSTARTER

quote:

Thanks to you, we had a hugely successful Kickstarter last year that funded us to be able to riff STARSHIP TROOPERS live in 700 theaters across North America. The show was a success, and this year we have the opportunity to perform a live riff of one of our most requested movies ever – GODZILLA! Yes, the 1998 version with Matthew Broderick!

But in order to do it, we need your help again. The cost to secure the theatrical rights and for production is super expensive, but totally worth it IF we can make it happen.

So, Kickstarter community, please help us do our MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000-style funny commentary for GODZILLA, broadcast LIVE to hundreds of movie screens to a massive audience in a one-night event on August 14th, 2014!

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

Michael Pineda just couldn't stay healthy...
Oh gently caress yes :getin:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I'm in for $25.

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
Did they make sure they can actually get the movie this time? I know Godzilla isn't as risky as Twilight, but it would've been nice for them to secure some kind of "yes, you can absolutely riff our movie as long as you can afford it" statement.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I'm thinking $30 but I can't think of a VOD... I don't have the Wizard of Oz yet.

Also I hope this means they might get to The Wizard :pray:

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Well I know what tonight's theme music is

http://youtu.be/rxuodY-c0yU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Gaspy Conana posted:

Did they make sure they can actually get the movie this time? I know Godzilla isn't as risky as Twilight, but it would've been nice for them to secure some kind of "yes, you can absolutely riff our movie as long as you can afford it" statement.

Sound like they already know they can use the movie, since there is a entry on the page about it won't have a digital copy of the movie and you get a mp3 to sync.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rirse posted:

Sound like they already know they can use the movie, since there is a entry on the page about it won't have a digital copy of the movie and you get a mp3 to sync.

Yeah, sounds like this time they know for sure that they can get it for $100k.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I'd imagine, because they've apparently already scheduled the show.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Man, I haven't seen Zilla 98 in years. Seeing the RiffTrax guys tear it to pieces would be an amazing way to see it for the first time in a while.

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

They just confirmed on Twitter that Godzilla is a guarantee if the Kickstarter succeeds. No "We want to do Godzilla, but if we can't get the rights, we'll do Moonstruck or something" deal here.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'll do $25 or $30 like I did the last one. Of course I'll end up having to download a synced copy of Godzilla off the internet later because I'm terrible at combining those things.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
At first I was worried that they'd be able to raise a hundred grand fast enough.

Then I remembered "Oh yeah, they quadrupled their take last year.

Jabronie
Jun 4, 2011

In an investigation, details matter.
Matthew Broderick is a sad, broken man. I can't wait

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

They are already at 40k so I'd imagine they will pretty easily make the minimum.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Jabronie posted:

Matthew Broderick is a sad, broken man. I can't wait

I think it was Jason Mantzoukis who said that this movie and Sarah Jessica Parker combined to steal his life essence. Seriously, he still looks like Ferris Bueller in this, and then a few years later, BAM!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

therealjon_ posted:

They are already at 40k so I'd imagine they will pretty easily make the minimum.
:stare:

Yeah, no question as to whether or not this one's happening then.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Pledged 30 and it may get funded in a 24 hr period; It's nearing $50,000.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I think it was Jason Mantzoukis who said that this movie and Sarah Jessica Parker combined to steal his life essence. Seriously, he still looks like Ferris Bueller in this, and then a few years later, BAM!

Killing two people with his car must have done a little damage to his soul.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

bobservo posted:

Killing two people with his car must have done a little damage to his soul.

Well on the plus side he was fined $175 so justice was done.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I threw them $30, and they're over 51k now. They should fund quickly, but not as lightening quick as their last one did.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

PrinceRandom posted:

Well on the plus side he was fined $175 so justice was done.

To be fair, he is a movie star.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's at 60K now.

:getin:

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
drat, I'm slower on the uptake than I thought.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

$73 grand. :psyduck: This thing'll be funded by the time I get up tomorrow morning.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Just nabbed the last write-your-own-riff pledge.

I have never Kickstarted anything before.

And my mother follows me on social media, which is probably the main reason why I'm shaking like a Japanese nuclear reactor. I'm going to get the resigned, "It's your money, Devi, you can do whatever you want with it," speech with a silent side order of I taught you better than that, I just know it.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

The Deviations posted:

Just nabbed the last write-your-own-riff pledge.

I have never Kickstarted anything before.

And my mother follows me on social media, which is probably the main reason why I'm shaking like a Japanese nuclear reactor. I'm going to get the resigned, "It's your money, Devi, you can do whatever you want with it," speech with a silent side order of I taught you better than that, I just know it.

As long as you aren't hurting for money and have a little saved up, spend it. I mean what else are you gonna do with money? Eat it?

Anyways, really excited for the new Godzilla and the old Godzilla getting riffed. Good year to be a Godzilla fan.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

Liar Lyre posted:

As long as you aren't hurting for money and have a little saved up, spend it. I mean what else are you gonna do with money? Eat it?

In theory, that's what I'm supposed to do with it. Government assistance, yay.

Another thing that sold me was the Duck and Cover short. I love nuclear-centric propaganda films; from the naïveté of the early years to the apocalyptic scenarios from the 80s. (Probably because I had to read When The Wind Blows in primary school.)

vvv: Aww, I'm judging you too. :allears:

VivaLa Eeveelution fucked around with this message at 12:08 on May 13, 2014

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

The Deviations posted:

In theory, that's what I'm supposed to do with it. Government assistance, yay.

I'm judging you.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
88k right now.

$25 level for me. I cannot wait for this.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
You think they would ever riff a PIF? I recommend Apaches!
http://youtu.be/P0GyRz_lOQA
It is public domain.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Less than 7k to go now, so it looks like they're getting it no problem.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
ok, so it's funded now. This is going to be a fun Live Rifftrax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I wonder how the guys feel when they realize that they can ask the public for $100k and get it in a little over 12 hours.

• Locked thread