Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

AriadneThread posted:

I follow his tumblr because I enjoy people trolling him and this is like, the one thing he doesn't buy into actually
probably because he didn't come up with it first

Really? Huh, I could have sworn this was one of his ideas. Who did come up with it? Or is that a mystery better left unsolved?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Bobulus posted:

I think BladeKindEyeWear may actually have gone crazy.

"Gone" crazy? As in, recently?

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Really? Huh, I could have sworn this was one of his ideas. Who did come up with it? Or is that a mystery better left unsolved?

gently caress I dunno. He responds to someone acting like it's a brand new theory of theirs every now and then and each time he's more irate/exasperated

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AriadneThread posted:

Jokes on him, isn't the game going offline pretty soon?

poo poo, I should get around to checking it out soon then :v:

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

AriadneThread posted:

I follow his tumblr because I enjoy people trolling him and this is like, the one thing he doesn't buy into actually
probably because he didn't come up with it first

If he doesn't buy into it then it MUST be true :v:.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I used to have some sort of respect for the guy for his classpect post, but he just refuses to admit that his theories could concevaibly be incorrect, even when the story develops in a completely different direction; he just tries to make everything fit into his little headcanon.
Does he still believe that Tavros is going to be the next villain?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Last I checked he has a death grip on the Peter Pan references with Tavros/Vriska/Rufio and has run into the sunset saying that Tavros will become Captain Hook for reasons I don't care about. Although Vriska was the one who has the hook hand on one of the drawings of herself. Like I said, it's convoluted and similar to saying that Caliborn won't turn out to be Lord English due to all of the Wizard of Oz references and since he looks similar to the fake "Wizard" in the movie and therefore Hussie is the True Villain because he is, after all, the man behind the curtain (the end of act curtains IT ALL CONNECTS I SWEAR).

Boneless Jogger
Apr 20, 2010
I haven't dropped by his Tumblr page since the Gigapause started (The same is the case with most Homestuck related things. I gotta say that it's actually very liberating!) but while the guy is completely crazy, I do have to admire his ability to dig through the most tangentially related things and be convinced that it is evidence. Like the whole Tavros and Peter Pan thing. I vaguely remember him using some weird version of the story that no one has heard of as evidence, instead of one of the more popular versions. The fact that he not only hunted down all these different versions of the story but also became convinced that Andrew Hussie was going to reference them is kind of amazing, in a really weird way.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I can't wait for the end of the comic to see him finally confronted with the fact that his theories were wrong.
Except he'll probably have got some simple obvious thing correct like the characters creating a new universe or something, and take that as evidence of his genius and ignore everything else.

Seeing John and Roxy interact in the latest Paradox Space page is cute. For all that this latest arc obviously has no place in canon, it's pretty well-written so far in character terms.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Roxy continues to be the best kid tied with Jade, and the art style makes her extra adorable :3:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I wasn't completely sold until I noticed when she says "I figured I'd wing it!" she flaps her elbows like wings. Yup, that's Roxy alright. I look forward to seeing her spin on the classic scene.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Con Faire pg.4 went up now for some reason. It begins!

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

King of Solomon posted:

Con Faire pg.4 went up now for some reason. It begins!

It's the 2x update combo week!

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Droog is just happy to be here content to be employed. :smugjones:

Note to Self
Mar 21, 2012
Does anyone know if BKEW still thinks Dirk's going to end up with Gamzee?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Man, this guy is NOT nailing Terezi's voice.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
This is so wonderfully adorable. Roxy is still the best. (No ties, sorry Jade, you can get back up there if/when you stop being mindcontrol crazy).

Parsley
Jul 17, 2012

I mostly recall Bladekindeyeware being really convinced AR was going to be Doc Scratch. So once he ended up ARquiusprite, BkE just went back to find hints for how it is actually Equius who is also hinting towards becoming Doc Scratch.
The main reason. They're both creepy bastards who stare a lot.

Also Casey in her little dress. :3:

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Lizard Wizard posted:

Man, this guy is NOT nailing Terezi's voice.

I agree. She's not nearly abrasive and/or scheming enough, and way too nice.
Even Karkat could have used a couple of more inventive insults instead of repeating "godawful" all the time.
Still, all this can be forgiven if the ending's well done. So let's suspend judgement.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Roxy is too much. John is too much.

Casey is just right.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Damnit John, anime sparkles were NOT in Con Air!

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Samovar posted:

He's putting his own spin on it!

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Roxy, you're better than that :cmon:

Still cute as all hell.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

There is no greater terror than recognizing that you made a visible mistake on stage, where everyone can see you and you know that they know and they know that you know that they know.

I dabbled in theatre when I was a teenager.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Samovar posted:

And you wonder why it's bad!

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Terezi and Karkat, tonight playing the part of crushers of dreams.

This is a pretty spot-on John and Roxy though, even if the Con Air thing is beaten to a pulp by this point.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.
The mayor also gets dialogue wtf this is bullshit I demand to see a lawyer.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

And now that Vriska was officially declared evil by a canon source (check the mouseover text) all discussions about her morality are solved, forever.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Terezi's sporting some Nick Cage hair in that last page, does that mean Karkat played the role of beloved wife?

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

CuddlyZombie posted:

Terezi's sporting some Nick Cage hair in that last page, does that mean Karkat played the role of beloved wife?

Is there really any role more befitting of him?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
This just makes me think that Dave should just finish Gastrophobia and do a strip about Kids and Fun.
I mean, this comic isn't so Homestuck, but the style and banter works as its own thing pretty well, a sort of modern online Peanuts and the Gang.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Wait, Lil' Seb (the robot bunny) is on the Evil Team.

Does... does this mean Lil' Seb is a villain? :ohdear:

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Triskelli posted:

Wait, Lil' Seb (the robot bunny) is on the Evil Team.

Does... does this mean Lil' Seb is a villain? :ohdear:

He's just their mascot. It's a living.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Man I have got to say, Con Air is not that funny anymore.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

paranoid randroid posted:

Man I have got to say, Con Air is not that funny anymore.

John would agree, but it's already taken on totemic significance. It can be hard for people to adapt to characters that change, especially since Paradox Space acts like fan art and has to draw on simple, recognizable caricatures of the characters.

Edit: Paradox Space update, Karkat smiling suspension of disbelief loving obliterated.

Dolash fucked around with this message at 05:27 on May 16, 2014

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Reason this is great: WV's mayor sash crossed out and replaced with 'Judge' sash.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Bobulus posted:

Reason this is great: WV's mayor sash crossed out and replaced with 'Judge' sash.

No, that's terrible, the Mayor would never allow his badge of office to be so defaced.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

It's probably another sash.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR
This begs the question of Karkat and Terezi's team name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Rose Spirit posted:

This begs the question of Karkat and Terezi's team name.

Team rear end in a top hat.