Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Bobnumerotres posted:

Jesus why do people even write this stuff or go through the trouble.

I remember leaks pre-wii U reveal that the next nintendo console had tech that wouldn't be out for decades and the first game would be Mario 2056 or some dumb bullshit, it reads like fan-fiction.

The funny part is every year people do this, and especially with Nintendo they're never right and nearly nowhere close to being accurate. Yet here we are again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Starfox x Metroid x Acid Ghost, here we come.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It's not a real E3 until a Final Fantasy 7 remake "leak" happens.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

Policenaut posted:

It's not a real E3 until a Final Fantasy 7 remake "leak" happens.
Honestly I almost wish Squeenix would do a FF7 remake... funded and published by Nintendo and exclusive to Wii U.

The freakouts would be incredible. :allears:

Kabanaw
Jan 27, 2012

The real Pokemon begins here
You can tell that leak is fake because it says the gritty Zelda game is going to be like Skyrim.

Obviously it's going to be like Dark Souls :smug:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Handsome Ralph posted:

The funny part is every year people do this, and especially with Nintendo they're never right and nearly nowhere close to being accurate. Yet here we are again.

And it's always in really convenient places. A blurry photo of a document titled "BIG LIST OF OUR SECRETS FOR E3" with Miyamoto's lower body shopped to perfection in the back past the table, surely something no one will notice until a totally unrelated redditor analyzes the picture and concludes this is the real deal.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
In a world when the rumors reported by major game sites are usually completely wrong bullshit, I don't know why anyone would even start to believe some random wordpress site.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Handsome Ralph posted:

I got lucky and found a used copy at Gamestop for 20 and it was in mint shape.

Rude beyond belief. Any time I go to a Gamestop to browse through the used collection I keep an eye out for Pikmin 1 Wii. After maybe the tenth store I finally found it! :)

Bring it up to the register, "Okay, let me get the disc. Hmm. We don't have it actually sorry. Let me look it up here. Hmmm. No store in the state has it sorry."

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

oddium posted:

Rude beyond belief. Any time I go to a Gamestop to browse through the used collection I keep an eye out for Pikmin 1 Wii. After maybe the tenth store I finally found it! :)

Bring it up to the register, "Okay, let me get the disc. Hmm. We don't have it actually sorry. Let me look it up here. Hmmm. No store in the state has it sorry."

They had buttloads of Pikmin 1 for the Gamecube when they were getting rid of their GC games for 75% off and BOGOs. But I just found out this weekend that Gamestop is still selling Used PS2 games, so there's a slight chance that some might have Gamecube games still.

The nice thing is disc only copies aren't a problem since people have uploaded the properly sized gamecube/Wii covers of printable quality and made note of what paper quality you would need to make a replacement cover. You can ask for a generic black or white DVD case, and they usually give it to you.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 06:53 on May 12, 2014

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

The Taint Reaper posted:

The nice thing is disc only copies aren't a problem since people have uploaded the properly sized gamecube/Wii covers of printable quality and made note of what paper quality you would need to make a replacement cover. You can ask for a generic black or white DVD case, and they usually give it to you.

That's what I did for Skies of Arcadia Legends. Printed out my own cover.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
I've got Pikmin 2, but I've never played any other game. I'll get the 3rd once some money comes in though, always loved running around as tiny little guys and discovering this poker chip is really buried treasure!

Handsome Ralph posted:

Also that E3 list is real, there's no Advance Wars sequel for the 3DS, continuing Nintendo's tradition of disappointing me at E3 again this year in that regard. :colbert:

Advance Wars is dead, we just need to accept it. :sigh:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Austrian mook posted:

I've got Pikmin 2, but I've never played any other game. I'll get the 3rd once some money comes in though, always loved running around as tiny little guys and discovering this poker chip is really buried treasure!

Advance Wars is dead, we just need to accept it. :sigh:

But maybe if everyone plays Advance Wars on the WIIU Nintendo will notice and still make one? :ohdear: Don't dash our hopes.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Chaltab posted:

Uh that's the opposite of my experience. I got 160 Club Nintendo coins from the Wii U, but it did not come with the stand or charging cradle.

Yeah, same. My refurb didnt have the cradle or stand but I did get 160 coins.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Well this weekend I finally got up to level Crown-Crown of Super Mario 3D World. Died a hundred times, learned, got better, flexed my old-school gaming patience and pushed onward to finally grab... the first green star.:stare: Hm. I maaaay have to settle for not maxing out this game like I did NSMBU/NSLU, but it will be cool to have that lingering extra thing to aspire to on a rainy day! Or... maybe I'll attempt to blow it out in one long masochistic marathon session. 9-year-old me would!!!

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Minidust posted:

Well this weekend I finally got up to level Crown-Crown of Super Mario 3D World. Died a hundred times, learned, got better, flexed my old-school gaming patience and pushed onward to finally grab... the first green star.:stare: Hm. I maaaay have to settle for not maxing out this game like I did NSMBU/NSLU, but it will be cool to have that lingering extra thing to aspire to on a rainy day! Or... maybe I'll attempt to blow it out in one long masochistic marathon session. 9-year-old me would!!!

I just finished the main game this past weekend (after playing on and off for 5 months while getting every star/stamp and flagpost in the main levels).

I got to the first bonus world and my hopes of maxing out the game easily were dashed. Still a lot of fun though. Think I'll go play Donkey Kong now...

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yo NA dudes, Gamestop is gonna be running an in-store Mario Kart demo this weekend (May 17-18), in case that matters to anyone.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

Handsome Ralph posted:

I just finished the main game this past weekend (after playing on and off for 5 months while getting every star/stamp and flagpost in the main levels).

I got to the first bonus world and my hopes of maxing out the game easily were dashed. Still a lot of fun though. Think I'll go play Donkey Kong now...

I got everything up to the mushroom and flower worlds before I tapped out. The nighttime jungle level where you had to light all the torches did me in.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Handsome Ralph posted:

Going "I'm finding this platforming game hard so I think I'll just play DKC instead" is an odd train of thought to have.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

axleblaze posted:

Going "I'm finding this platforming game hard so I think I'll just play DKC instead" is an odd train of thought to have.

That's not my train of thought though. It was more ”I've been playing this for a few months now, I think its time to play something else."

Yes it's hard but I'm still enjoying it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

axleblaze posted:

Im doing the same. Figured that beating DKC will make the rest of SM3DW easy

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Yo NA dudes, Gamestop is gonna be running an in-store Mario Kart demo this weekend (May 17-18), in case that matters to anyone.

Looking forward to checking it out but it seems dumb to make this time and location limited instead of just putting it in every store with U kiosks, unless I'm reading this wrong.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It might be the full game they're demoing, but yeah, they should just put a demo on the kiosks permanently. And then also put a demo on the eShop so we can play. vroom vroom

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Minidust posted:

jesus christ, I cant believe there is more. I just got to the 8th/castle world and I am already dieing way more here than I was in the other 7 worlds

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I'm sure you're all aware that the Wii online services other than the store are shutting down next Monday. That's around a hundred games that are losing online play next week (yes, my reaction was "There were a hundred Wii games with online play?" too). I think the grand total of my playing online with the Wii was a couple rounds of Smash Brothers and a race or two of Mario Kart and that's it (also some Quake but that's not officially part of the service :v:) . So I thought that before it went away forever I should actually use the online services of these games that I own.

So I think this evening and for the next few days I'm going to see if I can find multiplayer partners on dead servers like Excitebots, Octomania, and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. The reason I'm posting rather than just doing it is that I was wondering if there'd be any interest in a little more focused effort. Would anyone want to work out a vague "schedule" when we could try to get partners up and available for some of these games?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'd play some Fortune Street with some goons. Surely I'm not the only one that really likes that game!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Handsome Ralph posted:

I'm still shocked anyone would pay any attention to a blog with only one post. Literally anyone with a computer and internet access could have made that.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

Spacebump posted:

I'm still shocked anyone would pay any attention to a blog with only one post. Literally anyone with a computer and internet access could have made that.

But...

Anyone includes Shigeru Miyamoto.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
My uncle works at Mario and says that every year Iwata and Shigeru post all their E3 lineup on super obscure forums or blogs so that just a few people see/believe it.

Anyway, E3 'leaks' are fun and they're specially fun when people fall for them.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

My uncle works at Mario and says that every year Iwata and Shigeru post all their E3 lineup on super obscure forums or blogs so that just a few people see/believe it.

Anyway, E3 'leaks' are fun and they're specially fun when people fall for them.

Working at Gamestop for several years I grew to loving hate silly E3 rumors. You can only hear so many "Hey man arent you excited about the FF7 remake?!" before wanting to kill yourself and everyone around you.

sulphix
Dec 15, 2008
I would still donate my kidney for a Starfox game developed by Platinum. I'd probably donate a few other people's too.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

New Club Nintendo stuff is up. It's... surprisingly really good!

Super Metroid on Wii U, 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure, Brain Age Express: Arts and Letters, and Mario Kart 64 (Wii version, booooo). All 200 coins, except MK64, which is 250. I'll probably pick up Metroid and Kirby.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo! Two things I actually sorta want? What's going on???

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity

Not a Children posted:

New Club Nintendo stuff is up. It's... surprisingly really good!

Super Metroid on Wii U, 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure, Brain Age Express: Arts and Letters, and Mario Kart 64 (Wii version, booooo). All 200 coins, except MK64, which is 250. I'll probably pick up Metroid and Kirby.

This makes me want Super Metroid... Again. Haven't I finished it a dozen times already? No matter. I want it!

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

The best and only E3 rumor people should read.
http://www.somethingawful.com/news/e3-uncle-nintendo/

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Austrian mook posted:

If you are in the US if you get Mario Kart in the first few weeks you and register it on club Nintendo you can pick up Pikmin 3 for free (digital). So basically free Mario Kart 8.

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?
I have a free code for Super Metroid Wii U.

A048-P3TK-2ERD-S52P

Pappyland
Jun 17, 2004

There's no limit to your imagination!
College Slice

Shards of Fate posted:

I have a free code for Super Metroid Wii U.

A048-P3TK-2ERD-S52P

Rats. Already redeemed by someone!

Thanks anyway though!

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

I also have free Super Metroid Wii U code. Enjoy!

A048-P3DQ-083K-NGJD

Ultigonio
Oct 26, 2012

Well now.

Famous TV Dad posted:

I also have free Super Metroid Wii U code. Enjoy!

A048-P3DQ-083K-NGJD

Just grabbed it. Thanks!

Also, for anyone who doesn't know, it seems that the eShop got some new BGM either just yesterday or the day before. I really like how they switch up the eShop music every so often.

e; Looking at the new icon on my home screen, I'm really hoping they eventually add folders to the Wii U OS. I was so pumped when the 3DS got folders because I had VC icons all over the place from the ambassador program, and I like organizing things and making them pretty.

Ultigonio fucked around with this message at 20:51 on May 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
That lovely rumor blog looks like one somebody whipped up to get press creds for E3.

• Locked thread