Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Is there a definite cause for that bug where you do the normal wagon intro and the wagons start having a physics shitstorm and flying all over the place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Sylink posted:

Is there a definite cause for that bug where you do the normal wagon intro and the wagons start having a physics shitstorm and flying all over the place?

That would have to do with mods that alter the Helgen worldspace during the beginning of the first quest in the main story. It's usually something like Immersive Patrols or something that adds NPCs to that area.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Sylink posted:

Just use Skyrim Unbound. Then you dont have to do that boring intro.

Question:
When doing a TES5Edit Merged Patch, is it normal to get this in the log after its done?

[TES5_MergedPatch.esp] Adding master "Bashed Patch, 0.esp"
[05DA2BE3] <Error: Could not be resolved>

It happens every time, but it doesn't seem to hurt anything.

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 04:28 on May 12, 2014

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

That depends: What is mod 05 in your load order?

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Mod index 05 is Hearthfire.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

LumberingTroll posted:

Question:
When doing a TES5Edit Merged Patch, is it normal to get this in the log after its done?

[TES5_MergedPatch.esp] Adding master "Bashed Patch, 0.esp"

It happens every time, but it doesn't seem to hurt anything.

Save your merged patch then close out and open it again. Once you get the background loader finished message right click the merged patch in the left panel and choose check for errors. If you get anything other than 'no errors' or 'all done' something is not right. Whether it will actually cause problems or not depends on what is wrong. For tracking down problems FormIDs are the 8 digit hex numbers. The first two digits refer to a mod, the last 6 refer to the object in that mod. So 05DA2BE3 would be mod # 5 object # DA2BE3. When you check for errors it should say something like actor Eorlund + some FormID has perk [05DA2BE3] <Error: Could not be resolved> and then you can ctrl + click Eorlund to go to his info. That will show you every mod that edits him and which has the bad data that the merged patch is getting it from.

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006
Does CCO Remade play nice with SPERG? Actually, how is it in general from a compatibility standpoint? I've got the previous iteration already installed and while I like a lot of the stuff it appears to add, I'm hesitant to touch my current mod setup since it had everything I liked and was pretty stable last time I played. Also does Clothing and Clutter fixes have any known general/compatibility issues?

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
^^ Seems to work well for me.

LtSmash posted:

Save your merged patch then close out and open it again. Once you get the background loader finished message right click the merged patch in the left panel and choose check for errors. If you get anything other than 'no errors' or 'all done' something is not right. Whether it will actually cause problems or not depends on what is wrong. For tracking down problems FormIDs are the 8 digit hex numbers. The first two digits refer to a mod, the last 6 refer to the object in that mod. So 05DA2BE3 would be mod # 5 object # DA2BE3. When you check for errors it should say something like actor Eorlund + some FormID has perk [05DA2BE3] <Error: Could not be resolved> and then you can ctrl + click Eorlund to go to his info. That will show you every mod that edits him and which has the bad data that the merged patch is getting it from.

Ok, it just says "Add Done!" So I guess its a false alarm?

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Viperix posted:

Does CCO Remade play nice with SPERG? Actually, how is it in general from a compatibility standpoint? I've got the previous iteration already installed and while I like a lot of the stuff it appears to add, I'm hesitant to touch my current mod setup since it had everything I liked and was pretty stable last time I played. Also does Clothing and Clutter fixes have any known general/compatibility issues?

Both are fine with SPERG, just turn off SPERGs Equipment breakdown because CCOR's is better balanced for it.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
I did some more digging and I found the issue, its in an esp I used to merge things together. here is a screen of one of the 4 issues, what do I do so solve it?

code:
[00:00] Checking for Errors in [05] Merged_Mods.esp
[00:00]                     Parameter #1 -> Found a NULL reference, expected: PERK
[00:00]                   Above errors were found in :CTDA - 
[00:00]                 Above errors were found in :Condition
[00:00]               Above errors were found in :Conditions
[00:00]             Above errors were found in :Perk Condition
[00:00]           Above errors were found in :Perk Conditions
[00:00]         Above errors were found in :Effect
[00:00]       Above errors were found in :Effects
[00:00]     Above errors were found in :Impale90_THP06 "Impale" [PERK:05DAB462]
[00:00]                     Parameter #1 -> Found a NULL reference, expected: PERK
[00:00]     Above errors were found in :BalancedAxes30_THP01 "Balanced Axes" [PERK:05DAB377]
[00:00]     Above errors were found in :BalancedAxes60_THP01 "Balanced Axes" [PERK:05DAB378]
[00:00]     Above errors were found in :CorrosiveMix40_THP03 "Corrosive Mixture" [PERK:05DAB430]
[00:00]   Above errors were found in :GRUP Top "PERK"
[00:01]             Parameter #1 -> Found a NULL reference, expected: QUST
[00:01]           Above errors were found in :CTDA - 
[00:01]         Above errors were found in :Condition
[00:01]       Above errors were found in :Conditions
[00:01]     Above errors were found in :CaeleThalmorAttack01 [PACK:05DA8AB4]
[00:01]   Above errors were found in :GRUP Top "PACK"
[00:24]                         FormID -> [020BD206] <Error: Could not be resolved>
[00:24]                       Above errors were found in :Object v2
[00:24]                     Above errors were found in :Object Union
[00:24]                   Above errors were found in :Value
[00:24]                 Above errors were found in :Property
[00:24]               Above errors were found in :Properties
[00:24]             Above errors were found in :Script
[00:24]           Above errors were found in :Scripts
[00:24]         Above errors were found in :Data
[00:24]       Above errors were found in :VMAD - Virtual Machine Adapter
[00:24]     Above errors were found in :DBS_PlayerDragonClawDisplay "DragonClaw Display" [ACTI:05DA6D47]
[00:25]   Above errors were found in :GRUP Top "ACTI"
[00:26] Above errors were found in :[05] Merged_Mods.esp

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

"We Must Dissent"

LumberingTroll posted:

I did some more digging and I found the issue, its in an esp I used to merge things together. here is a screen of one of the 4 issues, what do I do so solve it?

How are you combining those? Tesedit script or manual renumber and 'copy as' then remove master? As far as I know all existing scripts are hosed in one way or another and that is a great example. There was a tutorial posted on the nexus forums at one point about how to renumber and jazz but in at least one version of tesedit that had an issue with scripts attached to records. That may be fixed with the current version or it may not. Unless you are over 255 plugins in your load order don't combine mods since it almost always breaks poo poo like this. If you can let wrye bash combine poo poo into the bashed patch before you try and mangle poo poo yourself. Then try and cut mods to get under the limit. As a last resort learn how the tools work and combine them by hand because they are janky plus bethesda and scripts or following blindly will get dragons flying backwards or flesh-eating horses.

Speaking of janky I guess ASIS tends to cause the attack speed bug if you use mods that have attack speed perks. So enemies like briarhearts turn into whirling murdertops who can attack 30 times a second because they have a few different attack speed perks. Now I have to figure out a way to keep that from happening. Bonus:

quote:

I hope you can support
Forgotten Magic Redone
in a later version too.
:allears:

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006
Are there any mods that allow you to find/buy higher level spells without needing to join the college? I'm tired of joining the college with every mage just for the drat spells. Master level spells are optional, since they are quest based.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Viperix posted:

Are there any mods that allow you to find/buy higher level spells without needing to join the college? I'm tired of joining the college with every mage just for the drat spells. Master level spells are optional, since they are quest based.

I believe Apocalypse has an optional vendor activated in the MCM that does that. If you're not using apocalypse, you should be using apocalypse. :)

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
I'm pretty sure an auto-perk of every school in SPERG allows you to buy high level spells of that school at vendors.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

If I've got vanilla Skyrim and subsequently bought the Legendary Edition, how hard is it to transfer saves / active mods across?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Can someone explain to me why I would use both a Bashed Patch as well as a TeS5Edit Merged Patch? Do they do something different? Does Merged Patch do something better? Are they redundant together? In advance, thank you!

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"
If I wanted to restore some of the ambient lighting that ELFX removes, could I do it with TES5Edit, and how would I go about doing it ?

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

Mr. Flunchy posted:

If I've got vanilla Skyrim and subsequently bought the Legendary Edition, how hard is it to transfer saves / active mods across?

The DLC are effectively just "official" mods. Adding any mod to a save can introduce instability, but depending on what is added, might not. I'm pretty sure the DLC was designed so that you could add it on to an existing save pretty easily. To be safe, go into a basement somewhere without any NPCs, save, migrate the save over, then load, wait 1 month in-game time, then continue.

As far as moving mods over, you'll need to check each and every mod's page on nexus to see if they need a DLC compatibility patch added. A *lot* of mods require Dragonborn and Dawnguard patches. But other than that, just move 'em over.

Nymix
Mar 3, 2013

boho posted:

Anyone tried Spectraverse with a character that already has 100 Destruction? I love the magic mods and have over 100 hours in this Wizard character, but I'd consider restarting if already being a Destruction Master made the mod too easy.

I started the quest with a 100 destruction character, and still found it very challenging. It definitely doesn't make it easier. Tenebrous spells are the ones I'd vouch for, even though the Luminous can be really fun if you're creative.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

LtSmash posted:

How are you combining those? Tesedit script or manual renumber and 'copy as' then remove master? As far as I know all existing scripts are hosed in one way or another and that is a great example. There was a tutorial posted on the nexus forums at one point about how to renumber and jazz but in at least one version of tesedit that had an issue with scripts attached to records. That may be fixed with the current version or it may not. Unless you are over 255 plugins in your load order don't combine mods since it almost always breaks poo poo like this. If you can let wrye bash combine poo poo into the bashed patch before you try and mangle poo poo yourself. Then try and cut mods to get under the limit. As a last resort learn how the tools work and combine them by hand because they are janky plus bethesda and scripts or following blindly will get dragons flying backwards or flesh-eating horses.

Ive been using the TES5Edit Script, Merge Mod 1.65 That image isnt actually the issue, just under that I listed the actual errors. they all seem to deal with PERK and a follower mod, that I already dropped so that one doesn't matter.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Xik posted:

I'm pretty sure an auto-perk of every school in SPERG allows you to buy high level spells of that school at vendors.
Unless there's something else in my load order interfering, I think those perks are more of a reminder that the college mages have new things. I haven't been able to buy the high-end spells anywhere else.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

LumberingTroll posted:

Ive been using the TES5Edit Script, Merge Mod 1.65 That image isnt actually the issue, just under that I listed the actual errors. they all seem to deal with PERK and a follower mod, that I already dropped so that one doesn't matter.

well you've got
code:
[00:00]     Above errors were found in :Impale90_THP06 "Impale" [PERK:05DAB462]
So the impale perk is having a condition overwritten with garbage so at least one case will never fire correctly.
code:
[00:00]     Above errors were found in :BalancedAxes30_THP01 "Balanced Axes" [PERK:05DAB377]
Same with balanced axes perk.
code:
[00:01]             Parameter #1 -> Found a NULL reference, expected: QUST
[00:01]       Above errors were found in :Conditions
[00:01]     Above errors were found in :CaeleThalmorAttack01 [PACK:05DA8AB4]
This is a PACK which is an AI thing, looks like something with how someone should react to thalmor will be broken.
code:
[00:24]                         FormID -> [020BD206] <Error: Could not be resolved>
[00:24]           Above errors were found in :Scripts
[00:24]       Above errors were found in :VMAD - Virtual Machine Adapter
[00:24]     Above errors were found in :DBS_PlayerDragonClawDisplay "DragonClaw Display" [ACTI:05DA6D47]
[00:25]   Above errors were found in :GRUP Top "ACTI"
And this is a script on the dragon claw display case not being copied correctly.

If you load your whole setup in tesedit, wait for the background loader done message, and then put the FormIDs into the box in the top left and hit enter it will take you to that entry. Every mod that edits it will have its changes shown in the right panel so you can compare them. So stick 05DAB462 in there and you can see impale and then what mods change it. It should be all good in the one it starts in but eventually on will have the null reference or unable to resolve formid error. That's the bad mod. If its the combined mod you made with the script then the script is broken and you should report it to the author and hopefully they will fix it instead of banning you from the nexus.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Thanks Ill see if I can get those fixed.

Other than if it has an MCM or has Navmesh data, is there any other way to tell if you should NOT merge a mod?

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

LumberingTroll posted:

Thanks Ill see if I can get those fixed.

Other than if it has an MCM or has Navmesh data, is there any other way to tell if you should NOT merge a mod?

I'm assuming you mean combine into a single file and not the tesedit Merged Mod feature. If it has scripts of any sort they will probably be broken. If its anything but a simple weapon or armor mod it will probably be broken. There are lots and lots of things that can go wrong. If another mod has it as a master mashing it into a combined esp will break that other mod. If another mod uses scripted compatibility (lots of mods do this for things like frostfall or realistic needs but also less common ones) then those mods won't detect the other mod is installed.

Jamming mods into a single esp is a last resort only. Do it only if
1) you are over 255 esm and esp limit in your load order.
2) You cannot bear to part with even a single one of your 256+ mods no matter what.
3) You have at least 2 plugins that are simple weapon or armor additions that have nothing besides WEAP and ARMO entries in tesedit and they have no scripts on them.
4) You have made the prerequisite ritual sacrifice of a fine lamb, or if you cannot get a lamb at a reasonable price 10 pigeons.
5) You reevaluated your load order and realized you actually can cut some of those mods and won't mess with tesedit after all.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Yeah I realize that stuff. I am at 278 total esm/esp I have a lot of quest and content mods. and probably 20ish equipment mods, Id like to merge those. however TES5Edit is getting out of memory errors on me all of a sudden...

IT wouldnt be a problem if more of these mods would use a single esp for the base game and DLC. like "WATER" it h as 5 drat esps. Climates and all of the other crap has about 10. its annoying.

I found the culprit btw, it was throwing weapons death from afar. all of the perk ones were in that one mod.

Just merging armor and weapons I got it down to 230. good enough for me. still got room for some more quests / adventures as they appear.

LumberingTroll fucked around with this message at 01:44 on May 13, 2014

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006
you feed the girls to other girls

:stare:
Welp I think I hate Spectraverse/Magna-Ge. The new spells are fun, but so much of it is such terrible, terrible design.

It has JUMPING PUZZLES, for one. In Skyrim. Bad level design, like rooms you can't leave because of cliffs and numerous locked gates. Magic rooms that are horribly tedious and one mistake means you die. A quest character who randomly wanders around that you have to go to several times.

It's like each "dungeon" is just built around showing off the physics trick the mod was sooooo clever to create. In the first one, a physics chandelier. It shoots you in the opposite direction and angle you click it from, so you have to pick this out and bounce back up to the ledge you dropped down. So bad. The second has a room with a trap that levitates you to your death if you get hit by it, and you have to run around hitting switches. But you do it once, and then you have to do it again! And you can't gently caress up once or you die. It goes on and on.

And on top of that, a ridiculously dumb religion/gods plot.

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

chaosapiant posted:

Can someone explain to me why I would use both a Bashed Patch as well as a TeS5Edit Merged Patch? Do they do something different? Does Merged Patch do something better? Are they redundant together? In advance, thank you!

There is no point to using both as far as automated patches are concerned. Typically when people say merged patch they start with a baseline of the merged patch function from tes5edit and then add and tweak it a bunch. The default merged patch algorithm is pretty lovely.

A bashed patch is much better as far as plug and chug goes, though obviously doing it yourself will have the best results.

@ Lumbering Troll, most of the time formid errors like that, that aren't from someone else's mod are because the order of an .esp's masters were modified in some non-standard way (this can happen for a variety of reasons). Usually you can look at the errors and their context and figure out which master they originally belonged to fairly easily. At that point you just change the first two numbers in the formid to the correct place/master and it resolves itself.

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006
Two questions: First, do the light armor perks apply even unarmored? Unlike the heavy armor perks which explicitly mention "while wearing heavy armor..." light armor perks don't make any such mention.

Secondly, are there any decent mods out there that allow you to make a semi-permanent campsite? Frostfall and Realistic Needs and Diseases both offer basic campsites, but I'd love to be able to set down a bigger tent and some sort of bag/box for storage. I suppose I could also just use the larger tents from Frostfall in conjunction with some sort of placeable bag/chest if there is such a mod.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Arcaeris posted:

Welp I think I hate Spectraverse/Magna-Ge. The new spells are fun, but so much of it is such terrible, terrible design.

It has JUMPING PUZZLES, for one. In Skyrim. Bad level design, like rooms you can't leave because of cliffs and numerous locked gates. Magic rooms that are horribly tedious and one mistake means you die. A quest character who randomly wanders around that you have to go to several times.

It's like each "dungeon" is just built around showing off the physics trick the mod was sooooo clever to create. In the first one, a physics chandelier. It shoots you in the opposite direction and angle you click it from, so you have to pick this out and bounce back up to the ledge you dropped down. So bad. The second has a room with a trap that levitates you to your death if you get hit by it, and you have to run around hitting switches. But you do it once, and then you have to do it again! And you can't gently caress up once or you die. It goes on and on.

And on top of that, a ridiculously dumb religion/gods plot.

Apocalypse is by the same person and includes both targeted teleportation and levitation at 90 alteration. :v: I don't remember if telekinesis works on switches.

Alteration with Apocalypse + Phenderix = the best school

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

Hog Butcher posted:

Apocalypse is by the same person and includes both targeted teleportation and levitation at 90 alteration. :v: I don't remember if telekinesis works on switches.

Alteration with Apocalypse + Phenderix = the best school

Well he certainly does good spells.

What he doesn't do is good level design. In the first cave, with his very own Apocalypse Feather Fall spell, you can fall down safely into an area that it is impossible to get out of, for example.

Also Frostfall and Magna-Ge is a nightmare.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
Are the tenebrous spells any good? Because I'm really not enjoying the luminous ones for the most part.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006

I just got them but my character has like 97 destruction. Seems like they fall into certain categories:
-levitate or does extra damage to levitated
-make rods or does damage to rods
-umbral orbs or explodes/shoots umbral orbs
-telekinesis and a spell that does a shitload of damage to something you launch with telekinesis

I mean they're fun and launching umbral orbs is cool but I don't think I'd really use it over like, dual cast Thunderbolt when that kills practically every enemy in 1-2 shots at level 50 where my chick is at.

EDIT:
Oh and there's a weaker meteor spell and one that tracks someone with damage but many of them only work outdoors.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012
I mean, my main problem with the luminous ones is that they're a hassle to use. You either have to use that rod spell to set it up or rely on another really awkward synergy to do any real damage. I mean they're really unique but they honestly don't seem like a useful addition to my magic arsenal.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

So should I be using LOOT or BOSS now to sort load order? I have both, and both put my load order in wildly different configurations. BOSS's still looks more "consistent," but maybe i'm missing something?

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Are there any mods that substitute blacksmith skill with gold? I would like to forgo having to level up smithing (yes I could just hack the skill up) and just pay a blacksmith to make whatever for me if I bring the materials and gold.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Adding mods to ASIS.ini [ModExclusions] excludes that mod from all ASIS functionality (spawns, perks, potions, etc), correct?

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!
So, The Mad Archivist, I just started using The B-Team about an hour ago. Shortly thereafter, I had Svana Far-Shield join me as a follower. Time for some comedy, right? drat right. We proceeded to wander in the woods near Riften for a while when, suddenly, she spots a bear. She whips out the Blade of Woe and stabs the thing like 5 times before Wabbajacking it into a sweetroll. Following this glorilarious feat, she calmly turns to me and says, quite wistfully, something about a golden knight coming to sweep her off of her feet... someday :allears:

This is a Very Good Mod. Thank you.

Viperix
Apr 21, 2006
Is there a mod or mod combination that causes Brawls to instantly fail? This does not appear to the brawl bug, as it's not that anyone goes hostile, it's that as soon as the brawl initiates I lose.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I've got Hunterborn installed at the same time as a mod that gives alternate spell effects for fire, ice, and electricity. One of them is a chance of automatically cooking meat of a fallen animal. Will this conflict with Hunterborn's animal loot system at all?

The second mod if that helps.

The Bee fucked around with this message at 01:43 on May 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

So I think I screwed up: I was trying to get a selection of extraneous followers staked out around my home to keep out the riffraff and couldn't find the "Set Residence" option in Extensible Follower Framework. Poked around a bit and found that I managed to get the 4.0 beta release rather than the 3.5 version and wondering if that might be the problem, or if maybe I've messed up installing the mod somehow. Any of you guys run into this?

Ed: the solution is actually to flip the menu style over to 'Dialogue' in the in-game configuration, then it shoes up. Must be a bug.

Ed 2: I think it may have been removed from the default menu in the version I have because it doesn't appear to work- if you set residence, then dismiss a follower, they just keep following you around (resuming movement if you've ordered them to Wait) and you get the vanilla follower dialogue choices. If you dismiss them from there, they go away.

All I wanted out of a follower mod was more than one follower and the ability to have them loiter where I choose :shobon:

the yeti fucked around with this message at 04:04 on May 14, 2014

• Locked thread