Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

I currently cannot buy this game. I click on pre-order but it just...doesn't work. :smith:

Basically nothing on the website is going to work today because Carbine are bad at planning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Soothing Vapors posted:

Basically nothing on the website is going to work today because Carbine are bad at planning

they should just plug in more servers :rolleye:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Oh, I wasn't aware today held some sort of relevance, I just saw a trailer and thought oh cool I would play that.

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

Oh, I wasn't aware today held some sort of relevance, I just saw a trailer and thought oh cool I would play that.

Today they allowed pre-orderers to go onto their site to reserve their character and guild names. It is not going well.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

they should just plug in more servers :rolleye:

Sure that's exactly what I said

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
Yogscast put up a dungeon video. You guys don't lie, these are difficult.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff4_RoyowuM

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Well it does say things are taken, but it won't confirm whether or not my name that I tried to Reserve is actually reserved.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS

Argas posted:

Are the game servers up at the moment? I'm just getting an application error from the launcher ATM.
They sent out a world broadcast about 30 minutes ago that authentication servers were going down for a restart. I just got another message saying that they are back online, so you should be able to log in now.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yaos posted:

In fairness, the Yogscast folks are Bad at Video Games.

... But not so much so that they seem appreciably worse than your typical PUG would be. :ohdear:

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

CrashCat posted:

For real?

How/who do i give it to?

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

poo poo, well now I have no idea what's going on. I guess my earlier name didn't save, but seems like it did it this time.. at the very least I have the timer at 60 minutes, again.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

-Inu- posted:

They sent out a world broadcast about 30 minutes ago that authentication servers were going down for a restart. I just got another message saying that they are back online, so you should be able to log in now.

Well gently caress, running into the 0xc00007b application error I had from an earlier beta client then. The open beta client worked fine but guess something's happened to screw that up.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

JayJay posted:

poo poo, well now I have no idea what's going on. I guess my earlier name didn't save, but seems like it did it this time.. at the very least I have the timer at 60 minutes, again.

This what they have to say about that, but really who the gently caress knows at this point.

WildStar Operations @WildStarOps · 11s
#WildStar, Name reservations are NOT reset. Names are still saved. The lag between the website and server is causing empty boxes.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

After saying I had my name now it's saying the name is taken and to choose another. At least I got my guild name but I wanted the character name more. Oh well.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Yaos posted:

"Pick your weapons up, they're the blue things!"

"poo poo which one is mine, there are lots of blue things!"

:allears:

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

http://rest.wildstar-online.com/api/gnpnr This will show you what name and guild name you got reserved.

I got the wrong name reserved because this system is dumb. So, hooray. Did you get the wrong name? 'Get hosed' is probably the answer you're going to get.

dreffen fucked around with this message at 02:54 on May 14, 2014

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
So, I can't really download this game. Why are people going this apeshit over reserving names?

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Mob aggro is based on names.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

So, I can't really download this game. Why are people going this apeshit over reserving names?

Because we already have the game and played it. We want our names for launch. As we already have the game downloaded like already mentioned your problem has no interest to us.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

jabro posted:

Because we already have the game and played it. We want our names for launch. As we already have the game downloaded like already mentioned your problem has no interest to us.

Well okay I didn't realize locking in 'hamtaro' for your chua was such a big deal but I stand rebuked, thanks for the valuable insight

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

dreffen posted:

http://rest.wildstar-online.com/api/gnpnr This will show you what name and guild name you got reserved.

I got the wrong name reserved because this system is dumb. So, hooray. Did you get the wrong name? 'Get hosed' is probably the answer you're going to get.

I was just able to reserve a name that was taken by someone else earlier and can confirm it through that link. I almost feel like a jerk. This poo poo is broke.

Boogalo fucked around with this message at 03:12 on May 14, 2014

Mount Desert
Jan 14, 2010

-Inu- posted:

If you are on Fios and can't connect to the Launcher to patch or download the game, you can edit your hosts file or wait for it to sort out. Just add the following entries:

174.35.37.197 wildstar.patcher.ncsoft.com
174.35.37.197 wildstar.patcher.ncsoft.com.cdngc.net

---

I reserved <Customer Support> for guild, sorry Cyster.

Mount Desert fucked around with this message at 03:09 on May 14, 2014

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Mount Desert posted:

If you are on Fios and can't connect to the Launcher to patch or download the game, you can edit your hosts file or wait for it to sort out. Just add the following entries:

174.35.37.197 wildstar.patcher.ncsoft.com
174.35.37.197 wildstar.patcher.ncsoft.com.cdngc.net

Oh, it seems like this is the issue. Thank you!

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Boogalo posted:

I was just able to reserve a name that was taken by someone else earlier and can confirmed it through that link. I almost feel like a jerk. This poo poo is broke.

The bummer is they seem to be holding to this which means whoever gets hosed just gets to deal with it because their system tanked.

Lunimeow
Oct 6, 2012

Shaken, not purred.
Finally got in to the site and activated my key, downloading the game right now. Everyone is on nexus right?

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

Carbine posted:

Hey all,

Its safe to say things did not go as planned today and we understand that this sucks for those that have Pre-ordered and that have been excited for Name Reservations. Our immediate action will be to take Name Reservation down. For us, this is a number one priority to get this resolved.

Check back to our forums and social sites for more updates. We are working to make this right.
Source

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

dreffen posted:

Excellant, my reservation of Rumpshaker went through.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Normal Adult Human posted:

How/who do i give it to?
You can't 'give' it but you can make the guild on Pergo when head start hits. Probably give Doublestep leader permission since he's been doing a lot of the inviting, and I've been doing a bunch too. If you can get on the IRC channel we can coordinate there. Or maybe you are already and I just don't know your name.

It takes ten gold and a certain player level to start one though, so we'll probably just use a Circle until that's ready. That gives you the main chatting/inviting functions of a guild without all the special bonuses.

CrashCat fucked around with this message at 03:26 on May 14, 2014

straw man
Jan 5, 2011

"You're a bigger liar than I am."

That's not good PR. As someone who hasn't been reading the official forum thread all day, I don't understand if this means they're caving to public opinion or if there's some kind of serious bug in the system (as Boogalo's post would suggest). Or if it means something else entirely. And I can still go to the site for name reservations even though he says they're taking it down? What is "this" that he keeps talking about?

Tokaii
Mar 8, 2004

Oldest Goon
July 29, 1942

Lunimeow posted:

Finally got in to the site and activated my key, downloading the game right now. Everyone is on nexus right?

I've been trying to do that for the last six hours

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
So, there's no chance of a guild on a PvE server? I really do not enjoy world PvP at all and probably would not like playing on Pergo very much unless it has a lot less PvP than I'm guessing (what is it, every level 20+ zone is a free for all?) I may try if it's the only option (I don't know anyone but goons playing this) but I'd definitely like to hear if there is a PvE guild.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Tokaii posted:

I've been trying to do that for the last six hours

Yeah their servers are pretty hammered today due to the name reservation fiasco. The actual game server seems okay, but if you need to register or get the client, welp.

Have we decided on a server for the PvE Dominion guild yet?

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Prism posted:

So, there's no chance of a guild on a PvE server? I really do not enjoy world PvP at all and probably would not like playing on Pergo very much unless it has a lot less PvP than I'm guessing (what is it, every level 20+ zone is a free for all?) I may try if it's the only option (I don't know anyone but goons playing this) but I'd definitely like to hear if there is a PvE guild.

From my understanding, once you depart from the station to the first PvE questing area that is when PvP starts as well. So basically, you could be killed right out of the gate from high level players right when you first step off the boat.

Nexus - Always Nexus. It's probably going to have the most players at start anyways.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

SlayVus posted:

From my understanding, once you depart from the station to the first PvE questing area that is when PvP starts as well. So basically, you could be killed right out of the gate from high level players right when you first step off the boat.

Nexus - Always Nexus. It's probably going to have the most players at start anyways.

Yeah that sounds pretty un-fun to me!

That said, Nexus is going to be the test server, not a regular server.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

SlayVus posted:

Nexus is going to be the testing server after launch, so it's not really an option AFAIK.

Is there some way to set up floating health bars like in this video by default or is he using an addon?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
One thing I like about the cross realm reservations is that now I can make a character on every realm without having to think up a new name or hit the random name button until something pops up.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

While I am enjoying the game a bit, is it just me or does anyone else feel the abilities are inconsequential? They all feel very similar and exactly alike.

It's true that while I'm playing my warrior as a damage dealer or tank, the abilities are a bit different but they don't feel differential enough to matter. Maybe this is something that is resolved near the endgame but right now it kinda feels like I can put any similar skill in a slot and my performance won't really change significantly.

Kresher
Sep 11, 2001
Permanent Patient
Didn't someone from this thread say that he reserved the name "FranBunnyFFXII"?

Some guy with that forum handle on Wildstar forum is bitching and whining HARD about it.

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/45577-name-take-a-unique-name-ive-had-for-years/

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I hope they do a do-over just for the shitstorm it will cause.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

fugly posted:

So thanks to GMG's billing system being a pile of old poo poo, I ended up ordering from the Wildstar site.

Went Paypal first. Authorised via Paypal, but like GMG the Wildstar site just went "NOPE! Here's an error, sorry, try again later or try something else!" (paraphrased)

So I tried it with my CC, and that worked.

Then I discovered I had 2 keys, and yep the Paypal purchase had actually gone through.

gently caress.

Anyway, their support page has a thing for this!

https://support.wildstar-online.com/entries/44128823-I-Purchased-More-Than-One-Pre-Order-Code-on-the-Same-NC-Account

"Woops! Better ask CS for a refund!"

Anyway, I applied one (it also threw up an error when setting up the Paypal billing, but worked - worrying) and asked for a refund on the other. Got this as a response:

I am hoping an actual human being reads my response.

I wouldn't worry about this. What you got for a response was basically automated and based on the assumption you have already applied the key to an account. So you should be okay. They are going to see that the key hasn't been applied to any account and you'll be okay.

• Locked thread