Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Fate Bundle of Holding is up.

http://bundleofholding.com/index/current

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

It's the same Fate bundle they did about 6 months back, but it's still a great deal if you missed it the first time around.

Plus Starblazer and Anglerre will be going out distribution soon so this is pretty much your last chance to get them.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Oh! OSHA gonna make you serve time!
'Cause you an occupational hazard tonight.

Evil Mastermind posted:

It's the same Fate bundle they did about 6 months back, but it's still a great deal if you missed it the first time around.

Plus Starblazer and Anglerre will be going out distribution soon so this is pretty much your last chance to get them.

They also said they'd be adding new titles this go-around, which you'll get even if you bought it the first time!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The new Bundle of Holding is up, and as many people expected it's a ton of Delta Green.

Base is the core book and the Eyes Only supplement, BTA for the Countdown and Targets of Opportunity supplements and 3 epub novels.

In less than 10 minutes the average payout is just over $18 from the starting value of $9. :psyduck:

e: Judging by the email they just sent out, there aren't going to be any add-ons this time around, which is why you're getting so much stuff up front. On the plus side, it looks like everything in the bundle will be added to your DriveThruRPG account.

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Mar 31, 2014

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
$18 was the starting minimum for the BTA, I know normally it's closer to $13.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah it's kind of weird they went with 18 dollars this time around. But if you just want the core stuff at 9 it's still a pretty good deal.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

DriveThru is doing a special TableTop Day free bundle. It's mostly quickstarts for a lot of games, but it does have the full versions of the nWoD corebook, and Greg Stolze's excellent Wild Talents setting Progenitor (complete with the core WT rules).

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Evil Mastermind posted:

DriveThru is doing a special TableTop Day free bundle. It's mostly quickstarts for a lot of games, but it does have the full versions of the nWoD corebook, and Greg Stolze's excellent Wild Talents setting Progenitor (complete with the core WT rules).

Sweet, thanks for this! That's an awesome deal.

DTRPG is also having a sale on some core books. Dungeon Crawl Classics, 13th Age, Numenera, Hero Kids, and Solomon Kane (Savage Worlds setting) are all on sale. 13th Age is $10!

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Buy a board game, it's Tabletop Day

Most of these are good. All of them are cheap. DOTD! I shamelessly ganked this from the board game deals thread.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

ICONS and the Villianomicon are both Pay What You Want right now, so if you've been wanting to check it out and didn't want to give GMS money (although he doesn't own the line anymore), now's your chance.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Hey there, true believers! The new Bundle of Holding is Mutants & Masterminds 3rd Edition this time! The regular bundle consists of:

-Player's Handbook
-GM Handbook
-The Sentinels (pre-made characters)

Beat the average to get:

-GM's Kit
-Emerald City Knights (adventure series)
-Threat Report (pre-made villains)

The bundle ends Monday, April 21st. Their newsletter said that this one is extra-long since they have to deal with taxes and such, then there are going to be five deals running from the 21st to the end of May, so that should be exciting!

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Funagain Games is having a Warehouse Sale until supplies run out. They've got some Edge of the Empire stuff, and a beta rulebook. Beware: There are a lot of puzzles.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Another week, another Bundle of Holding. This is another reboot, this time of the Indie Treasure Trove. The base price nets you:

-Annalise
-Dust Devils
-God-King
-Mars Colony
-The Agency

Beat the average to get:

-3:16, Carnage Among the Stars
-Dog Eat Dog
-Heroine
-Our Last Best Hope
-Sorcerer

Like the last couple of bundles, new titles will be added to this bundle over time. If you've already purchased the bundle, the new titles will be added on for you. This bundle ends next Monday, the 28th.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I'm not sure if this counts as a TG steal, but this is on sale for a few more hours.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Splicer posted:

I'm not sure if this counts as a TG steal, but this is on sale for a few more hours.

I've yet to install it (I got it on kickstarter) but it's very promising, so anyone considering it, consider harder.

Would likely be good for playing private goon leagues on for some games.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

The new Bundle of Holding is up - its Spirit of the Century, a FATE game about pulp-era heroes fighting similar villains. Everyone is Doc Savage in some form or another. $5 gets you the Core Rulebook, an adventure and a novel. Over the average gets you a splat book about the SotC storyline over two decades and a PDF of a bunch of pulp characters (like Doc Savage) who you can rip-off for your character.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The splat book isn't just an extension of the SotC storyline, it's also Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Pulp Heroes with hundreds of examples from literature. It's a great read.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!

Splicer posted:

They made a Chess Simulator that can actually play this...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p012s0mb

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
The latest Bundle of Holding is Trail of Cthulhu. Basic buy is $8.95 for the core book, GM screen, and a pulpy four-pack of adventures by Robin D Laws. Beat the average (currently $20.32) to add Bookhounds of London, along with some in-universe documents for your investigators to pour over.

Sionak
Dec 20, 2005

Mind flay the gap.

inklesspen posted:

The latest Bundle of Holding is Trail of Cthulhu. Basic buy is $8.95 for the core book, GM screen, and a pulpy four-pack of adventures by Robin D Laws. Beat the average (currently $20.32) to add Bookhounds of London, along with some in-universe documents for your investigators to pour over.

Beating the average also gets you the Armitage Files, a loosely connected book of NPCs and plot hooks. I just picked it up myself, but I would assume that it'd be useful for running BRP CoC as well.

While there's a couple things I wish were included (Rough Magick, maybe a subscription to Ken [Hite] Writes About Stuff for this year) this seems like a reasonably good bundle if you like Cthulhu gaming or Gumshoe.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
They'll add at least a couple more things before the bundle expires, I almost guarantee. They always do. No idea what it'll be but I kind of hope one won't be the next year of KWAS, if only because I just picked it up a few days ago!

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Sionak posted:

Beating the average also gets you the Armitage Files, a loosely connected book of NPCs and plot hooks. I just picked it up myself, but I would assume that it'd be useful for running BRP CoC as well.

While there's a couple things I wish were included (Rough Magick, maybe a subscription to Ken [Hite] Writes About Stuff for this year) this seems like a reasonably good bundle if you like Cthulhu gaming or Gumshoe.

Rough Magick was just added to the bundle today!

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

Miniature Market has a deal on The Doom that Came to Atlantic City. Going price is $40, down from 75. Here today, gone tomorrow.

I have no idea how the game plays, but it was one of those kickstarter stories where somebody ran off with the money, and some nice unrelated people decided to make the game anyway.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Lord Frisk posted:

Miniature Market has a deal on The Doom that Came to Atlantic City. Going price is $40, down from 75. Here today, gone tomorrow.

I have no idea how the game plays, but it was one of those kickstarter stories where somebody ran off with the money, and some nice unrelated people decided to make the game anyway.

It's monopoly, with Cthulhu references. I don't think it's worth $20.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
So you don't play Bruce Wayne and compatriots as they try to stave off the influence of Cthulhu? A missed opportunity.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Verdugo posted:

It's monopoly, with Cthulhu references. I don't think it's worth $20.

It isn't really very much like Monopoly at all. It's got a few nods to Monopoly in the theming, but about all they have in common mechanically is that you roll to move and get a reward for passing a given space. It's a bit too random to really be great, but there's far more going on than in Monopoly, more viable approaches to winning, and some degree of mitigation to the randomness.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

inklesspen posted:

I'm on the fence about this one, but I need to decide pretty quickly what I'm doing... Has anyone picked up this bundle? If so, what are your thoughts on the supplements? I've been looking at getting Trail of Cthulhu for a while now, and I actually just found the hardcover rules at a used bookstore right before this bundle came out, but I haven't had time to flip through them yet.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
I'm reading through Bookhounds now, and have glanced at Rough Magic, and they both seem solid -
Bookhounds has some fantastic ideas for 1930's London campaigns, and its a massively different feel to 1920's America - the Class system would make interactions so much different.

I've not tried the Trail system yet, but I like the look of it.

Sionak
Dec 20, 2005

Mind flay the gap.

Niemat posted:

I'm on the fence about this one, but I need to decide pretty quickly what I'm doing... Has anyone picked up this bundle? If so, what are your thoughts on the supplements? I've been looking at getting Trail of Cthulhu for a while now, and I actually just found the hardcover rules at a used bookstore right before this bundle came out, but I haven't had time to flip through them yet.

I haven't been able to fully read through the books yet, but I already had Trail, so I was pretty stoked about the bundle. You do get a lot of pretty useful stuff - several adventures, one whole campaign (Bookhounds), and one campaign frame plus numerous NPCs (Armitage Files).

They've added a couple books over the course of the deal and some background music as well.

Even if you end up not liking Trail that much, I don't think it would be terribly difficult to adapt the material to another system. Ken Hite and Robin Laws (who wrote most of the books in the bundle) have a reputation for very good historical research, too.

Sionak fucked around with this message at 14:54 on May 13, 2014

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
Trail does include instructions on adapting ToC to CoC or vice versa...

Danoss
Mar 8, 2011

inklesspen posted:

Trail does include instructions on adapting ToC to CoC or vice versa...

A bunch of CoC scenarios have already been converted too, with the files on the Pelgrane site.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Eternal Lies is the one "proper" campaign for Trail of Cthulhu (well, there's a Cthulhu Apocalypse campaign of sorts, but that's a little outside the usual scope). Both Armitage Files and Bookhounds of London are essentially campaign toolkits that provide a framework and a bunch of building blocks to inspire your own scenario assembly, but Bookhounds only provides one fully assembled scenario and Armitage Files none. They're pretty cool and have a lot of interesting ideas in them, but if you're looking for something to run largely unaltered out of a book, they do not fit the bill.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Look at interfacing NIGHT'S BLACK AGENTS with Trail of Cthulhu if you want a more modern take. Uses the same system

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The thing that bugged me about ToC and The Esoterrorists is that they figured out some people want a bit of mechanical complexity and tactics for stuff like combat, but they added those things to Gumshoe in the form of a lot of patchy, fiddly, inelegant bits, like "If your Athletics is above X the TN to hit you is 1 higher." I understand that NBA takes that stuff and really smooths it out, design-wise, so it's a useful adjunct to ToC even if you're not looking to do the obvious (like Delta Green with Gumshoe rules).

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The current Bundle of Holding has a stretch goal and a contest.

Kenneth Hite posted:

The Trail of Cthulhu Bundle now adds TWO squamous stretch goals! Well, one-and-a-half.

At $35,000, one random above-average-bidder gets the LAST Limited Edition Bookhounds of London left unclaimed.

At $40,000, everyone who paid more than the average payment for the basic package will get a FREE PDF of Eternal Lies, the mammoth new globetrotting campaign by Will Hindmarch and Jeff Tidball .

So since I know all of you folks have already signed up, make your gaming group kick in a sawbuck apiece for a thousand pages or so of CYCLOPEAN MADNESS.

There's just over 24 hours left and they're almost at $30k.

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Evil Mastermind posted:

The current Bundle of Holding has a stretch goal and a contest.

There's just over 24 hours left and they're almost at $30k.

Looks like the bundle has been extended another day, so it'll be ending Friday now.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Oh man. Please hit 40K. Eternal Lies looks awesome but the PDF version normally costs more than I paid for the entire bundle.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

malkav11 posted:

Oh man. Please hit 40K. Eternal Lies looks awesome but the PDF version normally costs more than I paid for the entire bundle.

I'm with ya, but I'm not so sure it'll happen... With 12 hours to go, it's at $31,884.04 :(

But maybe it's like Kickstarter, and there will be a rush in the last 12 hours??? (Maybe...?)

Edit: By the way, thanks everyone who weighed in earlier when I said I was on the fence--I took the plunge, and I do not regret it one bit!

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

How do you tell what the total is currently at? Am I a moron? Did they hide it?

E: I am a moron. Also, they hid it.

Dr. Lunchables fucked around with this message at 03:44 on May 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spincut
Jan 14, 2008

Lord Frisk posted:

How do you tell what the total is currently at? Am I a moron? Did they hide it?

It's right above where you fill in your info, where the beat-the-average amount is.