Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

prefect posted:

i don't know what i want from a new saint's row, but i just hope it's as much fun as the last two :pray:

(i played sr2, and it was good with the mods/fixes, but it wasn't as much dumb fun)

it is a shame that the dubstep gun was in SR4 instead of SR3 because firing it while your co-op buddy was driving was great fun but you don't do much driving in SR4 as you can loving fly.

coffeetable posted:

"just how environmentally unfriendly can we make growing plants?"

"you know what houseplants need? vender lock-in." - nobody ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

imagine if we didn't rape the earth? that would be p sweet

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

stoutfish posted:

monocultures do more damage than these tiny little things could ever hope to imagine op

no they dont lmao

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Shifty Pony posted:

it is a shame that the dubstep gun was in SR4 instead of SR3 because firing it while your co-op buddy was driving was great fun but you don't do much driving in SR4 as you can loving fly.

from what i understand about half of sr4 was poo poo they originally planned for sr3 but didn't have time to finish

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
gta3 and everything after it are loving poo poo

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

graph posted:

gta3 and everything after it are loving poo poo

nice racism

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

uncurable mlady posted:

i just want the next sr to have the poop truck game again

that was boring + bad

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Install Windows posted:

no they dont lmao

soil exhaustion, draining of water tables, breeding ground for specific diseases and insects and a large use of chemicals hmmm looks like your wiki-fu has failed you

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Proteus4994 posted:

from what i understand about half of sr4 was poo poo they originally planned for sr3 but didn't have time to finish

it was supposed to be dlc, but then i guess they realized they'd made an entire game's worth of content

kinda bummed it was still in steelport though, one of my favorite parts of sandbox games is exploring

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

stoutfish posted:

soil exhaustion, draining of water tables, breeding ground for specific diseases and insects and a large use of chemicals hmmm looks like your wiki-fu has failed you

absolutely none of this is fixed by growing different crops

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

what about beans and corn huh??

i was told that is like super cool to do

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

theflyingexecutive posted:

it was supposed to be dlc, but then i guess they realized they'd made an entire game's worth of content

yeah it's kinda funny sr4 is mostly what was originally going to be in the enter the dominatrix dlc for sr3, which then became its own sequel to sr3, which then got scrapped for sr4 and entry the dominatrix became dlc for sr4 instead

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Install Windows posted:

absolutely none of this is fixed by growing different crops

mono cultures are a blanket term for large farm operations, and disease and insects are addressed by growing different crops.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Proteus4994 posted:

not sure about that since in saints row 4 earth and everyone on it is vaporized

e: i take it all back, wikipedia says there's going to be more saints row games with a new publisher since thq imploded. not sure how i feel about that

deep silver published sr4

they also do like throwing money at games so not too worried

if they could somehow fund two dead island games, im sure sr is safe

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
gently caress thq for killing darksiders

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

stoutfish posted:

mono cultures are a blanket term for large farm operations, and disease and insects are addressed by growing different crops.

no they aren't you idiot. and no they aren't.

stop believing some organic growing bs

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Install Windows posted:

i always liked fishmech posts when he can't wiki what he's trying to defend

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Install Windows posted:

stop believing some organic growing bs

host diversity is pretty important for controlling pathogen outbreaks, I think the "gene for gene" model is still pretty solid.

if you wanna go read something cool read up on puccinia graminis and barberry eradication in the early 20th century

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

spongeh posted:

i always liked fishmech posts when he can't wiki what he's trying to defend

agreed bread stymie

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
i have beat a fishmech, i am the bigger fish

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

stoutfish posted:

oh no not "chemicals"

penus de milo
Mar 9, 2002

CHAR CHAR

~Coxy posted:

oh no not "chemicals"

actually it turns out pumping soil full of fertilisers until it's so drained that it can't sustain life without being continually pumped full of em is not a great way to sustain agriculture

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

crop rotation 4 lyfe

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Shifty Pony posted:

i played sr4 first, so i almost didn't drive at all. then i played sr3 and wanted to go back to sr4 and drive instead of jumping

i want a cheat mode that gives you all the data biscuits automatically, so you can do all your travelling via car instead of by jump/flying

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

spongeh posted:

i always liked fishmech posts

yeah same

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
i'd love a browser based gta2 clone that i could hop into for like 10 minutes and never think about again

drift one corner, kill all but one monk, call the game terrible and quickly run back to my rose colored goggles

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

penus de milo posted:

actually it turns out pumping soil full of fertilisers until it's so drained that it can't sustain life without being continually pumped full of em is not a great way to sustain agriculture

:monocle:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

:nws:https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2029793179/little-sheila-and-miss-tonya-the-reality-series:nws:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

every character from every video game anime and movie comes in... to have their balls stomped on by two barefoot women in string bikinis and hobbit legs

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
ack thbfft!

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

theflyingexecutive posted:

every character from every video game anime and movie comes in... to have their balls stomped on by two barefoot women in string bikinis and hobbit legs

oh jeez sheila's got quite a package down there

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 09:12 on May 14, 2014

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
i already clicked through but please tag that because it is an abomination

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

"island girl"

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
do you wish that the real world had instagram filters like all the photos on your favorite websites? well now you can have it!

this reminds me of the old 'hd glasses' you would see on late night infomercials except people are apparently buying them

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i think indiegogo is the lowest hanging fruit

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/werewolves-in-heat

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

hubris.height posted:

do you wish that the real world had instagram filters like all the photos on your favorite websites? well now you can have it!

this reminds me of the old 'hd glasses' you would see on late night infomercials except people are apparently buying them

only glasses you'll ever need

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Png-PC0ews

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

hubris.height posted:

i saw some of those hd glasses an "as seen on tv" endcap in target the other day.

the really really stupid thing about this is that because of how your eyes adapt to any tinting you will only see the tint for a few minutes at most. the only exception are extreme tints specific for certain applications (blue filters for driving at night actually do cut glare) and polarized glasses.

actually the really stupid thing is selling 70 cent sunglasses for $60

Nelson MandEULA
Feb 27, 2011

"...the biggest shitbag
I have ever met."

ok, we've found it. mods, close this thread.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Nice piss eggs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Citizen Tayne posted:

Nice piss eggs!

did you leave a tab up for 3 months

• Locked thread