Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its not hard. For every evil point you get 2 good points as leeway. Points decay at a rate of 1 per day depending on some factors. If you feel like you are in risk go rescue some guys for good points or kidnap people for evil ones.

Once in the school you'll have a lot of restrictions on killing innocents which sort of screws your possibility of farming people for evil again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Haquer posted:

Haha holy poo poo and I thought that Shen was pretty strict.

I hope that Peach doesn't have any batshit stuff like that. I'll get my 7th and final token after my quest tomorrow and should be able to join into Peach!

Reading the Peach Blossom rules, here's what I understand them to be:

Don't kill "innocents"
Don't fight fellow Peachers
Don't have infamy
Don't use "killer" titles
No nudity (or improper attire, whatever that is)
Don't study sunflower
Keep your alignment lunatic

Those are all worded in a very chinagame fashion, so I could be wrong on some of them.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
So prices for Shen family services have been affixed. It costs the Shen 200 Liang to open a 1st meridian, 350 for a 2nd, and 700 for a third. In addition, it's 1k medical points per meridian opened (supposedly). Reattaching a penis is 1 ding for the purchase of the replacement penis (no word on where the replacement penises are coming from) and a further paltry 10 Liang for the shen's needle.

Perplexingly, it seems from current knowledge that the only person who can buy the penis needles is the number one Shen, even though the top ten all get the skill book needed. :iiam:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

HapiMerchant posted:

Reattaching a penis is 1 ding

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
:siren: WAR TONIGHT :siren:

What: waaaaaarrrr
Where: WV Southeast
When: :frog:
Why: OneShot bid on Huatah's base so we're attacking them~

Also, chinagame loving hates me. I start the Peach quests and they hand me one that is a C7 page 1 that I have to give him to get in. What the gently caress.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

HapiMerchant posted:

Reattaching a penis is 1 ding for the purchase of the replacement penis (no word on where the replacement penises are coming from) and a further paltry 10 Liang for the shen's needle.

I'd assume the box that keeps the dong preserved?

One ding is a small price to pay for avoiding shrinkage.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Also, if anyone can get me Urge to Kill Basic (1) I'd really appreciate it. I only have 174 jade points.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Haquer posted:

Also, if anyone can get me Urge to Kill Basic (1) I'd really appreciate it. I only have 174 jade points.

or, if it's for a daily, drop fiddy on it and just call it a day

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

That's an entry quest, I don't think you can skip those with liang. There's usually an alternate way to get in though.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

That's an entry quest, I don't think you can skip those with liang. There's usually an alternate way to get in though.

Don't know if I can just skip it. I'll check after work since I didn't have time this morning.

Also if I can't skip it then I'm hosed because the only way to bypass is via the RE and I don't think I qualify for it with 1351 kills v:shobon:v

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

feedz has like 600 jadepoints but arent things from jadepoints bound?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Natalie_Luna posted:

feedz has like 600 jadepoints but arent things from jadepoints bound?

Yes and I only have 174 if I recall correctly and each C7 page is 350. Which means the only feasible way of getting it is grinding jade points since combining books is random. Unless Akeenai got one in his massive cache of pages from that event.

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

Haquer posted:

Yes and I only have 174 if I recall correctly and each C7 page is 350. Which means the only feasible way of getting it is grinding jade points since combining books is random. Unless Akeenai got one in his massive cache of pages from that event.

Yeah someone probably has one laying around between the ruined books and the Luoyang event.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
You can get quite a few by running exploring jianghu. Doing all the known and famous for the full 7 runs should get you enough. I think you get like 4 per famous and 3 per known....Or we could have a year boss night.

Haroshia fucked around with this message at 18:05 on May 13, 2014

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Haquer posted:

Run every noon through every forbidden instance, clearly.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
The year monsters are still up, and those give a ton of Jade points as well.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Just what I love, PVE grinding :suicide:

I'll see if I can skip it when I get home and if I can't then I'll lead a year boss raid :negative:

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I only have a jade coat and can't get school contribution gear due to incognito. Is there an alternative To school gear now?.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 18:18 on May 13, 2014

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Kylra posted:

I only have a jade coat and can't get school contribution gear due to incognito. Is there an alternative To school gear now?.

In the suzhou tailor there are daily faction and instance quests that give out decent newbie gear.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Kylra posted:

The starter factions all have ways to buy gear, does pretty girls not?

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Kylra posted:

Factions have gear you can buy as your rep goes up with them.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Haquer posted:

They do, its the same npc that offers most of the daily quests.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

And here's another quest that I'm going to not be able to do poo poo about. Can't find what instance it drops in and I can't pay taels to bypass the loving quests :argh:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Is it always that hard to join plum? Shifting flowers was super easy to join once the ball went rolling.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I might have a spare Lofty Mountains on an alt - you get a ton of those for being a top 10 musician.

funakupo
May 9, 2006

the ultimate longterm partner
Oven Wrangler
It might be one of those that drops in every school instance--if I recall from beggar SI runs it was lofty or tall that we got frequently.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Haquer posted:

There's one that takes 3-4 days of daily tokens to get a single piece of silver gear for 30 days.

So no.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Somebody sent me Tall, thanks much but I checked the market and there's definitely one called Lofty. Tall didn't activate the quest to finish :(

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Is it always that hard to join plum? Shifting flowers was super easy to join once the ball went rolling.

This is without getting an RE to do it, so yes. It's a giant bitch.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Kylra posted:

There's one that takes 3-4 days of daily tokens to get a single piece of silver gear for 30 days.

So no.

Theres permanent versions that are 400 tokens. Good luck with that.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Theres permanent versions that are 400 tokens. Good luck with that.

Then there's Shen, where the permanent gear takes a super rare drop from a daily event where you're lucky to get 5 boxes a day.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

And beast villa has gold gear for taming points. Which no one knows how to get.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

What's a good price for purple rosy inner books? I'm seeing them for ~1-2D each.

E: This is buying if it matters.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Just to record the random stuff I'm looking through for Disguise

1) Meet the guy with Red Fish Noodle Soup. Can't have a school title.
2) Give 2 dragon bone stone, 2 shanxi mature vinegar, 10 of the 700HP hour pill (Brave Heart-Purifying?), 10 Jile Drug.
3) Open the furnace 2 days later, go back.
From this point forward, all but one step can have money thrown at it to skip, marked as [].
4) Chalcedony. Drops at low rate from Old Package dropped off Loulan trash in Northern Desert. Easy [400L]
5) Purple Ice Silver Needle. Drops off bosses in PCV or LMI. [600L]
6a) 15 Ice Silk. Drops off the female boss(es) in GCC, PCV, LMI. [50L each]
6b) Blood Swallow's Nest. Found in Yanyu Villa [N/A]
7) Anesthetic (Ma Fo Powder). Found in random treasure chests. [1D]
8) Linggu Grass. Must be purchased. [1.8D]
9) Tibetan Dzi Beads. Dropped from faction challenge A-rank rewards [1D]
10) 10 Thousand Turtle-Dove Poison Serum, 10 Heart Corroding Poison Powder, 5 Red Fish Noodle Soup

Now you can do the actual face-shaping/makeup/etc for 150L+.

There is also an RE shop that sells this stuff for 100L or 200L cheaper. Does not sell Ice Silk.

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

Kylra posted:

What's a good price for purple rosy inner books? I'm seeing them for ~1-2D each.

E: This is buying if it matters.

1D for the basic, 2D for the intermediate, 10D for the advanced, 30D for the expert. Ancient Chinese economy.

Patch notes:
1. New Year's Raffle Bag - Fixed - May be used properly now.
2. Beggar School Lesson NPC - Fixed - He has found his way back to the Beggar Scene.
3. Character Creation - Fixed - Facial specializations are now working as intended.
4. Lore Item Preview - Fixed - Lores should correctly be displayed during the preview function.
5. Online Sign-In - Fixed - UI for this interface has been fixed.
6. Localization - Fixed - Disguise quest items are now properly displaying Brave Heart-Purifying Liquor and Jile Drug.
7. Rare Stones & Precious Treasures - Fixed - This item may be used properly now.

Are the 45 minute login Rare Stones boxes back? I really hope so, because leveling Icy Heart is murdering me.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Hole Wolf posted:

1D for the basic, 2D for the intermediate, 10D for the advanced, 30D for the expert. Ancient Chinese economy.

Patch notes:
1. New Year's Raffle Bag - Fixed - May be used properly now.
2. Beggar School Lesson NPC - Fixed - He has found his way back to the Beggar Scene.
3. Character Creation - Fixed - Facial specializations are now working as intended.
4. Lore Item Preview - Fixed - Lores should correctly be displayed during the preview function.
5. Online Sign-In - Fixed - UI for this interface has been fixed.
6. Localization - Fixed - Disguise quest items are now properly displaying Brave Heart-Purifying Liquor and Jile Drug.
7. Rare Stones & Precious Treasures - Fixed - This item may be used properly now.

Are the 45 minute login Rare Stones boxes back? I really hope so, because leveling Icy Heart is murdering me.

please god let the stones be back.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

What are rare stones?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Man they really need to cut back on the health of the school event mobs for palace of shifting flowers. We need to have like 10 times the numbers we already have to clear the bosses while everything else can be done easier with with 2 or 3 the numbers. Its a huge disparity.

And I dont think we'll ever have the amount of players in the faction. Its exclusive by its own nature, an all female lunatic faction with relatively high requirements on a server that doesn't have a lot of people to begin with and seems to be getting less every time snail opens up a new server.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

If somebody could see if there are more Arhat boxes when the servers are up I would appreciate it. Hope springs eternal.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Man they really need to cut back on the health of the school event mobs for palace of shifting flowers. We need to have like 10 times the numbers we already have to clear the bosses while everything else can be done easier with with 2 or 3 the numbers. Its a huge disparity.

And I dont think we'll ever have the amount of players in the faction. Its exclusive by its own nature, an all female lunatic faction with relatively high requirements on a server that doesn't have a lot of people to begin with and seems to be getting less every time snail opens up a new server.

I feel your pain. So far with Peach, our "Enemy Invasion" weekend events and "Group Sparing" daily events feel like they're designed for far more people than we have. Maybe it'll get easier as we get some stronger people in the faction, but it seems absolutely crazy/tedious right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Iowa posted:

I feel your pain. So far with Peach, our "Enemy Invasion" weekend events and "Group Sparing" daily events feel like they're designed for far more people than we have. Maybe it'll get easier as we get some stronger people in the faction, but it seems absolutely crazy/tedious right now.

Strong man Haquer reporting in~

I need 13 more jade points after grinding through the rest of my EJ this morning, so I'm going to blitz the low ones really fast since each takes me about 60 seconds with my kicks.

Pibbs deserves tons of praise for being a hoarder since he was sitting on the exact song I needed to get in :worship:

Haquer fucked around with this message at 14:55 on May 14, 2014