Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will you #JoinTheForce?
I already have
I want to I just don't know how
Only if they sign Sid
#JoinTheForce
View Results

• Locked thread
That Ignorant Sap
Nov 20, 2010

YOU AIN'T LOOKIN' AT A
BUNCH OF RHINOS, HERE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
I finally realized who Jeff Jarrett reminds me of in those pictures, it's Jere Burns' character on JUSTIFIED.

You know, only inside a man's anus sometimes.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

https://twitter.com/search?f=realtime&q=%23gfwmom&src=typd

Only one guy tweeted "#GFWMOM"

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

EDIT Wrong thread and am dumb.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
My hashtag contribution to world affairs ...

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Armitage posted:

My hashtag contribution to world affairs ...

lol

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

My contribution to Jeff Jarrett's height.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

that lady needs a serious manicure. Your fingers should not look like the claws of some prehistoric predator.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Mick Foley asked why Kevin Steen and Colt Cabana weren't getting contracts in a mainstream wrestling company in an interview with GFW. Nether have been contacted by GFW.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

This is a ponzi scheme or something right

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kih23dxNB3c

I can't believe how many unlicensed soundbites they managed to fit into 2 and a half minutes.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

ZenVulgarity posted:

#JoinTheFarce

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Skinty McEdger posted:

I can't believe how many unlicensed soundbites they managed to fit into 2 and a half minutes.

I'm shocked they managed to fit in Charlie Chaplain's call for peace and humanity into a wrestling promo and didn't immediately die of shame,

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ZenVulgarity posted:

I don't think it is a ponzi scheme if Jeff Jarrett says he has a new promotion so he can sell some ugly t-shirts. I mean, maybe that's what Madoff went down for, I didn't know all the details.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I have a feeling this is more along the lines of that promotion in Flordia the Wilpon family was gonna start before they ran out of money and had to sell the Mets.

In so much as JJ doesn't have the juice to get this up and going, but is delusional enough to THINK he does.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Skinty McEdger posted:

Guy at 1:14 in the crowd is definitely wearing black-face

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I have a feeling this is more along the lines of that promotion in Flordia the Wilpon family was gonna start before they ran out of money and had to sell the Mets.

In so much as JJ doesn't have the juice to get this up and going, but is delusional enough to THINK he does.

Don't say this, jackass.

We all need GFW, if only for one incredibly sad episode.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

They had lunch at the bowling alley?

JK!
May 10, 2007

EZ-PZ!
Best corndogs in town. And the funnel cake is to die for.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

I'd like to think that's where he's working right now to make ends meet while he sets this up. Can you just see planning meetings and interviews around a table with talent in the back next to the pin collecting machines.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
Is the idea that this is going to be a new generation version of the NWA/WCW idea where all of these smaller indies are considered "territories" and feed into the larger national tv show?

That's kinda what it feels like.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Simon loving Inoki.

Hilarious.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Does IGF even still do shows?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I just realized that Jeff Jarrett went through all the TNA bullshit, has seen how it goes, and thought "Hell yes, lets do all that again!!"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

triplexpac posted:

I just realized that Jeff Jarrett went through all the TNA bullshit, has seen how it goes, and thought "Hell yes, lets do all that again!!"

If you could get paid six figures to lose someone else's money you'd re-up in a heartbeat.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

If you could get paid six figures to lose someone else's money you'd re-up in a heartbeat.

Reminder that both Bischoff and Jarrett live in mansions while Ian Rotten works at a taco bell.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

coconono posted:

Reminder that both Bischoff and Jarrett live in mansions while Ian Rotten works at a taco bell.

I thought it was a McDonalds as he was fired from the Taco Bell for selling weed during work hours?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

coconono posted:

Proof that we live in a good, and just universe.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

bobkatt013 posted:

I thought it was a McDonalds as he was fired from the Taco Bell for selling weed during work hours?

Selling weed is his shoot job

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

triplexpac posted:

Selling weed is his shoot job

It's not the only thing he doesn't do a good job selling! :downsrim:

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Jeff Jarrett on #theForce (spoiler: no one is currently part of #TheForce)

"The LAW via the Observer site posted:

At the very end, I knew it was time to move on [from TNA]. I’m very grateful and thankful. The TNA fanbase over the years - very loyal and passionate. I can’t say enough about my TNA years, but I knew in 2014 it was time for something new. With Global Force, the vision I have for it is - you know, people love professional wrestling. Some people call it a “dirty word,” some people call it sports entertainment. It’s all one and the same. I believe in 2014 professional wrestling, it’s time to evolve. As the weeks and months get there, I’m gonna be very excited to share that vision. At this time, I’m keeping it very close to the vest. The journey videos that we’re posting on GlobalForceWrestling.com and all through social media, I want to literally immerse the fanbase from day one. Yes, I’ve talked to a lot of wrestlers but there’s not one wrestler signed yet. We’re really close on making some talent announcements, but we’re in negotiations on every level. With the way technology is today - can I share everything? I don’t think that’d be very smart or prudent business, but I can share as much as I can for the wrestling press, as well as the Hollywood Reporters of the world and Variety. I’ve had people reach out to me in New York and LA that are in the television business, but they’re mesmerized with the amount of information that we are sharing, bringing the fans along literally step by step in this journey, because they’re a part of the journey.

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-top-stories/118-daily-updates/37244-jeff-jarrett-talks-leaving-tna-and-his-maintaining-ownership

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Not having any wrestlers signed yet is probably the smartest thing to come out of GFW so far.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
There's a lot to be gained from listening to the actual interview he was talking really fast and slick.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rovert posted:

There's a lot to be gained from listening to the actual interview he was talking really fast and slick.

From the text they come off as further from a TV deal than I would have guessed and Jeff just comes off as a liar with the media stuff. I guess now I'm interested to hear how he tried to make that mess sound good.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I was going through my ROH War of the Worlds photos and realized I forgot to post this selfie. Jeff was scouting talent but took some time with fans for selfies. Great guy, really chill.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009
I will #JointheForce as long as we get more Double M A Jarrett skits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rovert posted:

Holy poo poo you weren't kidding, listening to it he comes off so much more clueless than he does in text.

• Locked thread