Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Intel&Sebastian posted:

He said, as his pointer hovered over the torrent link

I prefer my exploitation consensual. Not the weird "guy behind the camera holding a gun to a kitten's head" consensual thing Pancrase has going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
B-League Update!

FRIDAY 5/16/14

7PM EDT - TitanFC 28: Brilz Vs Davis: Prelims on http://www.cbssports.com/video/player/titan-mma, Main on CBS Sports channel.

SATURDAY 5/17/14

2PM EDT - KSW 27: Khalidov Vs Falcao: $14 iPPV at https://kswtv.com

6PM EDT - BellatorFC 120: Chandler Vs Brooks Prelims on Spike.com, then Spike TV, Main on PPV

8PM EDT - Jungle Fight 70: Jungle Favela 2: https://tv-aovivo.nl/lutashd.html

10:30PM EDT - DEEP JEWELS 4: Shinjuku Face: $7.40 iPPV at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/deep-jewels

As always, join us in #mma to discuss the goings-on as they unfold!

individual865 fucked around with this message at 00:54 on May 17, 2014

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Reminder that the Titan FC card features Dave Herman vs Kalib Starnes at supperweight.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
If that weird guy with the face tattoos and piercings isn't on this week's KSW I'm going to be real upset.

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.

-Atom- posted:

If that weird guy with the face tattoos and piercings isn't on this week's KSW I'm going to be real upset.

He's not fighting on it, but I bet he'll make an appearance as a talking head. Pudz is fighting Oli Thompson in the comain though, should be hilarious as usual.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Has someone linked this in here yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4awSmJfuhbU

Pierat
Mar 29, 2008
ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE THE BNP
If he ever fights Marquardt my Looney Toons vs. Tekken fanfic will seem very prescient.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Maybe, but who cares. That's the kind of stuff that requires a bi-monthly viewing.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Looks like this dude fights on the Bellator PPV this weekend.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Probably in the old B-league thread since that's from 2012 and I remember going mildly nuts for Page back then. Now I just kinda want to see someone wrassle him severely.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

One can only imagine the level of training put in at Team Jedi.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Page was tentative and bad in his two SFL wins and I lost all interest from that point onwards. Take from that what you will.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Can many 265'ers do this?

http://youtu.be/0DlLHlM22GE

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

individual865 posted:

He's not fighting on it, but I bet he'll make an appearance as a talking head. Pudz is fighting Oli Thompson in the comain though, should be hilarious as usual.

Gassed strongmen. Yessssss.

e: I know fighters are wary of Bellator contracts, but has Thompson ever gotten any offers from them? Or WSOF? Or ONE? They seem like places he would fit that wouldn't just be shady Z-leagues looking for veterans to lose in suspicious circumstances to their up and comers.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 23:16 on May 16, 2014

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

attackmole posted:

Gassed strongmen. Yessssss.

e: I know fighters are wary of Bellator contracts, but has Thompson ever gotten any offers from them? Or WSOF? Or ONE? They seem like places he would fit that wouldn't just be shady Z-leagues looking for veterans to lose in suspicious circumstances to their up and comers.

Thompson isn't good enough for Bellator

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Fozzy The Bear posted:

JT has an even shot at beating Kongo for sure

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Fozzy The Bear posted:

This is a promotion that employs Ron Sparks, Eric Prindle, plus a bunch of guys without wikipedia records. He'd probably get knocked out by Kongo but I don't think he's outside their talent bracket.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 23:36 on May 16, 2014

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

attackmole posted:

This is a promotion that employs Ron Sparks, Eric Prindle, plus a bunch of guys without wikipedia records.

Yeah... that doesn't disprove my point.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
My point is that Bellator has history of employing bad journeymen. If they're willing to pay Mighty Mo, Thompson really isn't all that different.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

attackmole posted:

My point is that Bellator has history of employing bad journeymen. If they're willing to pay Mighty Mo, Thompson really isn't all that different.

Wikipedia defines journeyman as:
In boxing, a journeyman is a fighter who has adequate skill but is not of the caliber of a contender or gatekeeper.

JT doesn't have "adequate skill"

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Neither does half their heavyweight division. Or their others, for that matter, but certainly their heavyweights are pretty bottom of the barrel and the worst of the lot. I was creeping the other thread and WillieD was being snarky about them negotiating with JT a while back and then snubbing him now, so it looks like they were interested in bringing him in once upon a time if that's worth anything.

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Fozzy The Bear posted:

Wikipedia defines

shut up

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

individual865 posted:

B-League Update!

FRIDAY 5/16/14

7PM EDT - TitanFC 28: Brilz Vs Davis: Prelims on https://cbssports.com, Main on CBS Sports channel.

Also, if you're in the mood to actually pay for mma, Ring Of Combat 48 is streaming on gofightlive -

http://www.gfl.tv/event/Fight/MMA/Ring-of-Combat-XLVIII/2310

I pimp ROC a lot because it's the premiere Jersey local show at this point, they pay really well and they have a policy of releasing anybody on their roster that gets a UFC callup, so a ton of guys wind up going through ROC on their way to or from the UFC. Weidman, Uriah Hall, Frankie Edgar, the Miller brothers, Edson Barboza, Matt Serra, Constantinos Phillipou, and even Koschek all went through Ring of Combat before hitting the UFC.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

no u shut up

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

StephanBonnar posted:

Herman is only 8 lbs heavier than @kalibstarnes after dropping 20+ lbs building his farm & not training mma

Dave Herman, ladies and gents

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
dance with the one that brought you

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
titan fc is live at http://www.cbssports.com/video/player/titan-mma?ttag=TITAN14_on_cspt_cover_0001

reminder that pedro nobre is the motherfucker that took a dive and tried to pull an Andy Kaufman-esque neckbrace off and is fighting tonight

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

If you're not watching, you just missed Pedro Nobre do this to a man

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Walel the Gazelle is wearing swim trunks and being piledrive on Titan FC

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Yuriy posted:

If you're not watching, you just missed Pedro Nobre do this to a man

Pedro cry with his neck in a brace Nobre?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

Pedro cry with his neck in a brace Nobre?

Yuriy posted:

titan fc is live at http://www.cbssports.com/video/player/titan-mma?ttag=TITAN14_on_cspt_cover_0001

reminder that pedro nobre is the motherfucker that took a dive and tried to pull an Andy Kaufman-esque neckbrace off and is fighting tonight

yup

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I don't know that Brazilian dude's name but that is like top three worst hair all time

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

maffew buildings posted:

I don't know that Brazilian dude's name but that is like top three worst hair all time

look at you not appreciating the hairrow hawk

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
move of the year: gilbert smith uppercutting brian foster in the dick

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

maffew buildings posted:

move of the year: gilbert smith uppercutting brian foster in the dick

brian foster's post-fight reaction was cool though

"eh, i would have done the same thing"

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Ring of Combat was a pretty good show tonight, but possibly the best part is that fully half the fighters were sponsored by pizzarias

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

fatherdog posted:

Ring of Combat was a pretty good show tonight, but possibly the best part is that fully half the fighters were sponsored by pizzarias

The Matt Serra dream card

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Dynamic Fattener

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/5/18/5728820/bob-sapp-says-he-spent-the-end-of-his-career-paying-off-big-medical

Bob Sapp posted:

As far as what retired me, it’s very simple. I have what’s called accountability: I have the ability to do my own accounting, and when you have well over 10 million dollars there's no longer a need to step into the ring anymore

:patriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

I was going to post that. Bob Sapp owns, and was basically the only guy to get everything that K-1 or Pride promised him. If he actually spent the last few years taking dives to finance other fighter's medical bills, that's commendable too.