Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
I think it is fairly obvious who the secret Blackfyre is.
Just look at that word. Anybody with that name just has to dress all in black and try to conquer the Westeros by reciting poetic one liners at them.
So clearly Darkstar the secret Blackfyre and the true hero of this story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008

Dangerllama posted:

So is there a consensus opinion on what went down with Jon? I've been lurking for the last few weeks but haven't seen any real mention of the subject.

I'm of the belief that he's served his purpose by getting the wildlings over the wall, so that's it. But my wife thinks I'm nuts.

Jeffrey posted:

reread the prologue to adwd

Dangerllama posted:

Haha. poo poo. I never would have given that a second thought if not for the re-reading.

How is the prologue relevant to Jons current state?

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Finnish Flasher posted:

How is the prologue relevant to Jons current state?

It's from the POV of a warg trying to jump into another person's skin when he is dying

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

With Jon, I think it's as simple as he wasn't mortally wounded. All that happens is he's stabbed and everything goes black. If he does die, Melisandra will pull a Thoros and bring him back, maybe that'll be the catalyst that makes her realise the fires haven't been giving her a wrong number when she asks for Azor Ahai after all.

There's no way Jon will spend the rest of the series in Ghost or someone else's body with hilarious consequences.

That would be as stupid as Bran spending the rest of the series as a tr

Oh.

Junkenstein fucked around with this message at 14:51 on May 14, 2014

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

savinhill posted:

Does anyone remember when they first got serious about making the TV show and fans started making horrible audition tapes, with some of the funniest being an emo-looking dude doing Jon Snow monologues?

The guy who did the Night's Watch oath by cutting to a different shot after every line, because he didn't want to bother memorizing the whole thing? Sure.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Jon dies. Mel revives him and realizes he's Azor reborn (literally now). Night's watch wants to kill him again, so he runs off (and is technically free of his oath since they serve till they die). The end.

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

If there's not some warg life saving bullshit going on with Jon that Varamyr chapter is going to be so pointless.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Jon wargs into Delorous Ed, then Mel brings back his now-husk of a body and Delorous Jon is all 'oh for fucks sake, if I knew you could do that....'

Actually if he then wargs back, that could be a way round the old 'lose a piece of yourself' kiss of life problem.

HaitianDivorce
Jul 29, 2012

Midnight City posted:

If there's not some warg life saving bullshit going on with Jon that Varamyr chapter is going to be so pointless.

As opposed to the rest of ADwD :rolleye:

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

Midnight City posted:

Particularly when you consider that book 4 also had a prologue that was vital to the end of the book.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I thought the Varamyr chapter was all to do with Bran rather than Jon TBH

Tea Bone
Feb 18, 2011

I'm going for gasps.
Do we actually think Tywin meant anything by "Where whores go"? I took it to just be him being dismissive, but Tyrion seems to have put so much weight into that one sentence that it seems unlikely it's going to be completely meaningless. If Tyrion hadn't brought it up so much in Dance I probably wouldn't even have remembered the quote.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Yeah I don't think Tywin was being coy about a secret whore island, it seemed obviously not an actual single place. Tyrion harping on it was more showing his mood than an actual thing he was looking for.

Tiger.Bomb
Jan 22, 2012
What is this whole tower of joy thing?

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
no guys, it's me - i'm actually aegon

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
It's where Rhaegar took and kept Lyanna, and where Howland Reed and Ned had that awesome offscreen fight with Arthur Dayne.

We want to see it to confirm whether or not Lyanna was a willing participant, if R+L does indeed = J, and the aforementioned badass fight scene. Also getting more info on Howland could give us more info on Bloodraven, green seers, and the magical portion of Westeros in general.

Edit: the other location we want to see for similar reasons is Summerhall, the place that got burned down and something (else besides the fire maybe) happened to make Rhaegar go from book-reading nerd to brave warrior and possibly kidnap Lyanna. We might actually get to see that one because Jon Connington and Aegon are nearby and Jon may have actually been there when the events transpired since he was Rhaegar's unrequited love.

Edit 2: we aren't gonna see ToJ through Treevision because there are no wierwoods in the south and it's been that way long before Rhaegar was even born. There's that one island but I think since the trees don't have eyes carved into them bran can't see through them

visceril fucked around with this message at 17:54 on May 14, 2014

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Being a time travel tree is poo poo if you can only see through special trees made for that purpose.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Magic has stumped all efforts to evolve bush technology thus far.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

visceril posted:

Edit 2: we aren't gonna see ToJ through Treevision because there are no wierwoods in the south and it's been that way long before Rhaegar was even born. There's that one island but I think since the trees don't have eyes carved into them bran can't see through them
I'm not saying that I think we'll see Tower of Joy, but that doesn't seem to be a limitation in the show's version of Bran's power. When show-Bran touched the tree, there were scenes like Ned in the black cell and the snowy throne room vision.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

tonberrytoby posted:

I think it is fairly obvious who the secret Blackfyre is.
Just look at that word. Anybody with that name just has to dress all in black and try to conquer the Westeros by reciting poetic one liners at them.
So clearly Darkstar the secret Blackfyre and the true hero of this story.

black:dark as fyre:

a) fire
b) lightning
c) star
d) targaryen

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
You guys know what rhymes with Targ?

Warg

Jon 'Aegon' Wargaryen, case closed

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!

visceril posted:

r+L=J+M confirmed because that will make the Bran/Hodor/Meera/Jojen scene rape, a gangbang, cuck, and incest, so Gurm can finally get off and clear that writer's block

This is the best possible reality.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

You guys know what rhymes with Targ?

Warg

Jon 'Aegon' Wargaryen, case closed

Erm I think you mean "Ae-jon" tyvm

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Aston posted:

Erm I think you mean "Ae-jon" tyvm

I thought about that but I didn't want to start another gif vs jif argument

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Cadbury's Aeg. :colbert:

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

The devil can cite Scripture for his purpose!
Bran uses his tree power to forsee the death all life on the planet as it slowly falls into unending winter. He realizes that the only way to save anything is to warg into the Night's King, and conquer the planet, converting it's entire population.

He manages to use his power to whisper into Aerys' ears driving him mad, and starting Robert's rebellion, so that Rhaegar, The Prince Who Was Promised, is cut down in his prime.

The planet breaks it's eccentric orbit and floats off into the void of space devoid of all life save for the undead.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Thats better than anything we're gonna get! Lets run with it!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

ZShakespeare posted:

The planet breaks it's eccentric orbit and floats off into the void of space devoid of all life save for the undead.

I feel like this is some crazy cross between Dead Space, Metroid Prime, and Final Fantasy VII.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
The planet's dyin', Hodor!

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Hodor is actually an alien sent to ensure Bran completes his journey to save the planet. They actually communicate through a series of extremely complex hodors that human ears cannot pick up on.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I feel like this is some crazy cross between Dead Space, Metroid Prime, and Final Fantasy VII.

Wood play.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Who would win in a fight: Sephiroth or Darkstar? Both are pretty good in a fight against teenage girls, but Sephiroth has a higher k/d ratio. On the other hand, Sephiroth got murdered by Asperger's Goku and Darkstar managed to escape an axe-wielding not-Russian. Also Sephiroth wants to gently caress his alien mom, and as far as we know Jerold's only passion is for The Night.

Gonna have to give it to the Darkstar personally

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Darkstars theme song is "One Eared Angel"

:angel:

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Things I know about Sephiroth: Has a bitchin' theme in that Final Fantasy movie.

Things I know about Darkstar: Eats chorizo and olives, is a tool.

Gonna give it to that Sephiroth entity.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

kcroy posted:

Someone claiming to be "in the know" about the HBO version ( it's the internet, so who the gently caress knows ) says the three headed dragon:

Jon Snow, Danaerys and Meera Reed

Lyanna had twins.

yeah that's right, I used a loving spoiler tag in this thread. This is probably all trolling, but it isn't like there is anything else to talk about in this thread.

Here is more poo poo.

GRRM foreshadowing:

>Bran's Direwolf is named "Summer"
>Azor Ahai plunged his sword into his wife's heart
>Melisandre tells Jon that his sister is on a Dying horse (note the detail)

And a very direct spoiler

Young Griff is not Aegon Targaryen, but Aegon Targaryen is alive

some person asking questions wrote: "That Young Griff part was pretty clear imo. I think Varys found a young boy from Valyria, with white hair and purple eyes and raised him to make him and Connington think he was Aegon himself. Vyseris was the right heir to the throne but Varys somehow thought that he was going to gently caress everything up one way or the other. And when he did and died in Vaes Dothrak, Varys used the fake Aegon as a plan B and a way to help the Targaryen rule the seven kingdoms, and more importantly, to finally kill all the Lanisters, as it's pretty clear he hates them.
But I don't know who the real Aegon is though. Is he in the books disguised as another character or is he yet to appear?"

Varys puts his eggs in different baskets. Aegon is a Blackfyre descendant but from a female in the family. He wasn't supposed to go directly to Westeros, but to Daenerys first. The real Aegon is Gerold Dayne. Varys placed Young Griff with Connington and Aegon/Dayne with Doran Martell. This is why Doran is interested in news of AEgon Targaryen landing in Westeros.

Source for this?

Edit: http://4archive.org/b/res/546377157

Unsure if these are true but... Hmm. I like it.

Lord Twisted fucked around with this message at 00:03 on May 15, 2014

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Lord Twisted posted:

Source for this?

Edit: http://4archive.org/b/res/546377157

Unsure if these are true but... Hmm. I like it.

A thread like this is pretty easy to fake. Did that anon provide proof?

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

Majorian posted:

Hahaha, I hadn't considered ol' Pullo in that role, but yeah, I can kind of see it. I would rather see someone like Mark Strong in the role, though - someone who can play "intelligent, but not terribly creative" well. Which is not to say that Ray Stevenson couldn't play that role, but Mark Strong is really good at that.

Stupidity is Victarian's defining character trait, though (aside from muscles and the cool hat).

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

mkay0 posted:

A thread like this is pretty easy to fake. Did that anon provide proof?

I highly doubt this, mostly because Benioff and Weiss wouldn't just tell "a friend" about their super secret GRRM conversation. They wouldn't tell anyone. Not their writers, not their actors, not anyone until they need to, because TV writing rooms are known to leak like sieves and a spoiler of this magnitude would be really really bad for GRRM. Also, 4chan has had threads before with supposed "insiders" claiming stuff like Oberyn and Ellaria have a threesome with Melisandre and Shae's testimony is cut and Bran takes the role of Satin on the Wall, so it's not like they don't have a history of this stuff.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

visceril posted:

Who would win in a fight: Sephiroth or Darkstar? Both are pretty good in a fight against teenage girls, but Sephiroth has a higher k/d ratio. On the other hand, Sephiroth got murdered by Asperger's Goku and Darkstar managed to escape an axe-wielding not-Russian. Also Sephiroth wants to gently caress his alien mom, and as far as we know Jerold's only passion is for The Night.

Gonna have to give it to the Darkstar personally

Let me stop you from further embarrassing yourself by pointing out that instead of "Sephiroth", you seem to be talking about the several sentient pieces of JENOVA that adapted the guise of Sephiroth after his death. No need to thank me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Yes, you sure saved that poster from losing face by staining your own honour. Vely nobre, honoled postel.