Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:
I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

jng2058 posted:

How would Naomi ever know about this?

From earlier. But because we are goons and we will probably vote to come clean to her some how some day.

Also.

M. gently caress finding his prize. Any vote for I is a later vote for M because he needs M to survive.

Also I am imploring all of you that we HAVE to talk to Tudiya about why he's exaggerating everything from his Athar trip. And ask Ishamael what the consequences of bringing a second raiding party to Athar would entail. Because we just lied and Danal will come and be living proof that we did.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Affi posted:

Because we just lied and Danal will come and be living proof that we did.

Not necessarily. As others have mentioned before, we lived in grass huts, not exactly hard to rebuild.
And it would be logical to assume that Asherah didn't wipe out the cattle that WASN'T actively escaping and killing their High Priest.

But hey, we were 5 at the time, and those thoughts wouldn't have occurred to us because our world was being turned upside down on us, so we just assumed the place was wiped out. And since we were making a new life in Zepath, we just never devoted anymore critical thinking to it.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Besides, Athar is one cannibal village; we claimed it was wiped out, not every village that might exist on the coast. I'd be surprised if news of Danal's exploits spread explicitly enough that the men of other cities heard that he'd been to Athar and brought back treasure and barbarians. More likely it'll be heard that he travelled into demon controlled lands, fought cannibals, and came back in glory. Nobody's going to come to us all pissed off and accuse us of claiming that every Demon farm had been wiped out.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

There Bias Two posted:

I have a different theory to propose: EVERYONE with a soul or [???] is El. We know from the creation stories that man was created from the Flesh of El, so maybe there's this cosmic-level hoarding of El-flesh that's going on to try to "reclaim" divinity. It would explain why gaining [???] seems to give us intuitive knowledge of reality: Because as we gain [???], we gain back more of our knowledge of the universe. Maybe Labaras made a covenant with El to grant bits of his Flesh to humanity when we perform great deeds or personal sacrifices (e.g. Give us your Flesh and we shall return it to you when we die.)

I really think this whole Flesh of El thing is extremely important, and most of our theories fail to incorporate it.
This would explain why the Blood of Labaras is thinning as well. There's only so much El to go around. The more Blooded people there are, the weaker Blooded people become.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I think I know which one is winning...

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

HiHo ChiRho posted:

I think I know which one is winning...

:laffo: just saw your note

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

the_steve posted:

Not necessarily. As others have mentioned before, we lived in grass huts, not exactly hard to rebuild.
And it would be logical to assume that Asherah didn't wipe out the cattle that WASN'T actively escaping and killing their High Priest.

But hey, we were 5 at the time, and those thoughts wouldn't have occurred to us because our world was being turned upside down on us, so we just assumed the place was wiped out. And since we were making a new life in Zepath, we just never devoted anymore critical thinking to it.

We were like 11, not 5. Upwards of 8, at least. I really should go back and double-check.

Affi posted:

Also I am imploring all of you that we HAVE to talk to Tudiya about why he's exaggerating everything from his Athar trip. And ask Ishamael what the consequences of bringing a second raiding party to Athar would entail.
I think this is a good idea, and I support it.

As for telling Rimush, I think the case for "oh wow we were mistaken, they weren't wiped out" is a pretty decent plan; I suggested telling him the flat truth because he seems like a good man, and he's family, officially, so I felt like he should be considered in-group.
In reality it was all a ruse to get Diog to answer a question I asked in October. That is a lie. I'm actually just bad at voting based on what Enkidel actually does, rather than whatever I happened to vote for last round.

I'm glad, at least, that I was able to create some measure of wise goon consensus on an issue.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Vavrek posted:

We were like 11, not 5. Upwards of 8, at least. I really should go back and double-check.

I stand by my point :colbert:

We were young, our entire life just got flipped on its head, and we have been up to quite a bit since we moved to Zepath.
Other than occasionally asking goat deities about our Uncle, we never really gave much thought to Athar.

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

We've also been hit in the head a lot.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Not nearly enough. Wish I had been there to suggest we headbutt a minotaur during the Zepath mega-battle.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
I think when we wake up drained of [???] and with Rimush's probably daughter in bed, we may have more important things to explain away other than Athar not having been wiped off the map, if he finds out what happened.

Which, based on our track record of running off to apologize for things, is almost bound to happen.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Well.. we'll be glad we brought a small army then and not our wife and child?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

The King could reduce our "army" to a fine paste with both hands tied behind his back.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

You are not leaving without your Prize... despite the danger, you will search for it. Where is it... you are lost in this forest with danger closing in on all sides.

You know where it is if... if you just remember....

Beneath your feet the radiant heat of the sun rises from the forest floor gently into the night time air, carrying up with it, small bits of water, bits too small to be seen by the eye, but which are suspended in the air...

The warm air carries the water upwards till it reaches the cool air of the night, above the tree line and then cools itself as the hot and warm air mix.

And where they mix, the water vapor condenses into a drop of water upon the leaf and falls towards the forest floor.

And as you watch the drop of water plummet, every detail around you, you can see with perfect and complete clarity. You know how many leaves are upon a certain tree, you see a dragonfly and know with certainty the moment it was hatched, you see the leaves upon the forest floor and know that two deer walked by the spot four months, two days and one hour ago...

You can see... you can see everything how it is now, know then what caused it and what will come... you can see... you know how... how all of it is connected... everything is connected...

You find Danal's prize and you whisper it into his ear, he realizes the information as if he recalled it himself, but you hardly care if he finds it now, his fate hardly matters, the answers to all of your questions are unfurling before your eyes like a cloth which grows forever in each direction, yet each fiber is clear to you...

Choose.

A. Seek the Answer to Any Specific Question. State The Question.

B. Seek Knowledge.

]. W...ke ...p En...idE..!

Diogines fucked around with this message at 21:25 on May 14, 2014

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
A. Who is our father?

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
C.

T.R.A.P.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
]! Wake up!

We're burning up ??? !!!

The hell, Diog?!

RadicalR fucked around with this message at 21:48 on May 14, 2014

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
Speaking of being drained of [???], just wait until we get invited to participate in an impromptu wrestling contest or other competition based on supernatural strength.

Diogines posted:

You consider [???].

You benefit from physical strength equivalent to twice what a man of your build could summon. You have a modest benefit to your overall endurance. You have a small benefit to your reflexes. Any more than a small expenditure of [???] will drive you from reason.

You are in a strange position. Height is known to be a sign of Bloodedness and thus strength. You are the tallest man in Zepath and will surely be so in Tanaach as well. Yet you lack the immense strength which would be expected of a man your size. Your Balls know the truth, the common people of Zepath do not.

If you are invited to compete in sport in Tanaach, it may be embarrassing for you.

Whoops, too slow.

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897
This is it guys! This is the moment we've been waiting for!

We can learn how to separate dirt and water now!

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
] - Wake up Ethan Enkidel!

No good can come of A or B. Time to break the game, reboot, and wake up.

So tempted to ask something dumb like "Why don't I poop?"

Task Manager fucked around with this message at 21:34 on May 14, 2014

BHB
Aug 28, 2011

Cornuto posted:

A. Who is our father?

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Realize that the answer to who our father is will likely be "you have no father", "El", "Asherah" or "Some Angel". Maybe "Some demon". That question is not interesting to me at all.

We really need to Wake up Because the last time we pushed ourselves we almost ate our best friends. And I do not want to wake up in a bed with no naked slave girl but really bloody sheets. And a full stomach. But i'm not going to vote for waking up.

I'm going to B. Seek Knowledge.

Affi fucked around with this message at 21:37 on May 14, 2014

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaghhhh

C.

Oh, wait, is that actually a vote now? Been edited. Um, ]?Changed Again!

Theglavwen fucked around with this message at 22:11 on May 14, 2014

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A:What is [???] And how do we acquire it more quickly.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Oh, and if you're not voting ], please vote B? We can use knowledge to extrapolate our own answers, maybe even answers to many questions!

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

C...WAKE UP!

Sorry truths of the universe, you're just going to have to wait until we know we can access you without breaking the world or eating someone.

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897
C/]!

These last couple updates showed us one thing absolutely clearly.

There is always a cost.

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

Can't believe I am actually saying this but: think of what Ishamal would tell us. We aren't to over extend ourselves, right?

We know for a fact pointing out Mt. Har caused [???] to deplete. Pointing out the Prize likely did as well.

What do you think will happen if we divine an answer from nothing at all, or just in general flood our consciousness with knowledge?

Task Manager fucked around with this message at 21:48 on May 14, 2014

Nolaterif
Jan 10, 2003

B I'd like to know more about the structure of this world, but I don't have a specific question. I'd rather get an overall boost to Int and Wis.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Nolaterif posted:

B I'd like to know more about the structure of this world, but I don't have a specific question. I'd rather get an overall boost to Int and Wis.

There is most likely a cost.

What do you think will happen when we overdraw? I got a feeling we're about to eat the girl. :(

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
A. When will the storm happen?

Zybourne Clock fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 14, 2014

Everseen
Apr 27, 2010

We probably maybe saved Danal (info on his enemies would've been more helpful) and should really bail before we end up doing Stupid poo poo.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Everseen posted:

We probably maybe saved Danal (info on his enemies would've been more helpful) and should really bail before we end up doing Stupid poo poo.

Agreed.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

I'll bet we get a decent pat on the head somewhere down the line for having the foresight not to push ourselves here, as opposed to pushing ourselves now, eating someone/blacking out, having our Melachim Advocates save our rear end again as we wake up on the beach and getting a stern talking to.

Although it'd be interesting to see what the beach looks like now, I wonder if anything's gone down lately, after Asahel and Azz's silence and all that.

Maybe showing restraint here will convince Ishamal that we're finally growing up and he'll tell us some more poo poo!

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons

gnarl
Jul 28, 2010
Soiled Meat
. W...ke ...p En...idE..!. Let's try to prevent another eternal hunger frenzy. There is no angel to save us this time.

Kyyp
Jan 14, 2007

No Asahel around to save us this time if we start trying to eat everything.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

C Let's not eat the lady.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Answers will come when they will. This is not the time nor place.