Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
There's no way Tony voted for Trish. Jeff just must not have read Tony's vote. I mean, unless Tony is more insane than I thought....

The idol can't be played next week, but Tony is going to try to convince everyone it can be.

e: what on earth, he did vote for her???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Midnightghoul posted:

He can't but he wants people to think he can, that's why he kept it

Why the gently caress would Jeff not take the idol? Why do they hide rules about idols and councils and change rules in the middle of it?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

What on earth, Tony voted Trish

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
And they showed tonys Trish vote. What?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

Was this the last week idols could be played or next week? Because if it's this week, it makes even MORE less sense.
Tony all ready said he's going to lie about the special idol being usable next Tribal.

Spence being a superfan should be able to sniff out that lie.

sleepingbuddha
Nov 4, 2010

It's supposed to look like a smashed cinnamon roll
Tony did vote for Trish! He really does think he has to blindside literally everyone to win!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I'm trying to understand what went through Tony's mind from afternoon through to even the final tribal council that he thought Trish had to go.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
wtf tony?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

xbilkis posted:

There's no way Tony voted for Trish. Jeff just must not have read Tony's vote. I mean, unless Tony is more insane than I thought....

The idol can't be played next week, but Tony is going to try to convince everyone it can be.

Jeff always reads as many votes as he can to maintain suspense. If the split was 3-2, he would have read all five votes.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Tony is nuts or really trusts Woo and the fake idol gambit.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

xbilkis posted:

So yeah, he totally voted Trish. Guess #ChaosKass is contagious?

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

I think this just proves to me that Tony isnt as good at this game as people give him credit for. He lucked into power by Kass being an idiot and now not saving his biggest ally and even voting for her wtf.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Okay is there any strategic reason for Tony to vote out Trish? I don't understand that at all. Maybe a guaranteed jury vote, but still.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

xbilkis posted:

Flipping off the (to the jury's knowledge) sweet malnourished old lady as she leaves in front of the entire jury is definitely a strong move

Kass in the finals is going to be sooooo gooood if it happens. Trish can get everyone good and worked up now, too

Do any of the other jury members like Trish?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if maybe Tony decided at Tribal to vote for Trish because of her 'I haven't done anything to the jury' speech.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Maybe a guaranteed jury vote, but still.
That's all I could think of.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I'm trying to understand what went through Tony's mind from afternoon through to even the final tribal council that he thought Trish had to go.
Maybe Woo told him he was voting Trish, and Tony just decided to go along with it rather than play an idol for her.

Synrax
Nov 19, 2005
Indeed
This has been a great season.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Okay is there any strategic reason for Tony to vote out Trish? I don't understand that at all. Maybe a guaranteed jury vote, but still.

He was picking his final three. He'd rather have a final three of Tony, Woo, Kass with Trish on the jury guaranteed to vote for him than a final three of Tony, Woo, and Trish with a pissed off Woo on the jury.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Trish's jury vote might be worth it to protect against Spencer making the finals, but it's going to be so hard to get through another tribal council without her.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

DurosKlav posted:

I think this just proves to me that Tony isnt as good at this game as people give him credit for. He lucked into power by Kass being an idiot and now not saving his biggest ally and even voting for her wtf.

The slide puzzle was like a microcosm of Tony's game, trying to use brute force when what was needed was calm forward thinking and some finesse.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Tony probably found about the plan to vote out Trish, and was so committed to his "I can play my idol next round" gambit that he voted her out rather than reveal he was lying. This insane thing is the most reasonable logic I can apply to that vote.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I'm not sure Tony's even going to be in the final 3 at this point, this is like the worst possible play Tony could've made.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Trish's jury vote might be worth it to protect against Spencer making the finals, but it's going to be so hard to get through another tribal council without her.

As long as Spencer doesn't win the next immunity challenge, he's going home. As far as the players know, that's the last TC before the challenge. Tony thinks he's going to be fine.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Pinterest Mom posted:

He was picking his final three. He'd rather have a final three of Tony, Woo, Kass with Trish on the jury guaranteed to vote for him than a final three of Tony, Woo, and Trish with a pissed off Woo on the jury.

Thanks, that makes sense.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

The Tyler Perry idol is ornamental at this point right?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

The best way to protect against Spencer in the finals would have been to have Trish there with him. He's been acting like a complete putz in tribal, and he's backstabbed everybody on the jury just about. The only way he wins is in an F2 against Kass.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

He'd get that anyway, though. Now he has to win immunity or he's going home. At least with Trish they could split a vote and draw it down to rocks.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Pinterest Mom posted:

I think Woo would win that out of likeability. I'd compare him more to Ethan than Fabio.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I just don't see how Tony wins the the game at this point unless it's a final 2 and he goes to it with Kass.

I think he loses to Woo or Spencer in a final 3 situation. I don't think Kass is going to get any votes at all in the FTC. Spencer because he has managed to survive through it all and Woo just because he hasn't pissed anyone off.

It's possible that the jury would reward Tony for playing the game over Woo, but it's a coin flip at best.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Binary Logic posted:

The slide puzzle was like a microcosm of Tony's game, trying to use brute force when what was needed was calm forward thinking and some finesse.

Ya I'd say that sums it up.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

TMMadman posted:

I just don't see how Tony wins the the game at this point unless it's a final 2 and he goes to it with Kass.

I think he loses to Woo or Spencer in a final 3 situation. I don't think Kass is going to get any votes at all in the FTC. Spencer because he has managed to survive through it all and Woo just because he hasn't pissed anyone off.

It's possible that the jury would reward Tony for playing the game over Woo, but it's a coin flip at best.

With this vote, Woo can say he made a move "against Tony" (even though Tony voted with them), and I honestly think that alone could be enough to get him the win if it's Woo/Tony/Kass (or just Woo/Tony). The main problem now is that he needs to articulate it well enough, which could be a challenge

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

I'm not sure Tony's even going to be in the final 3 at this point, this is like the worst possible play Tony could've made.

I don't think anyone is taking Spencer to FTC if he doesn't win immunity.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
If Tony gives the idol to Trish, Kass goes home - which ruins his plan to take her (Kass) as his goat to final tc.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

He found out Woo was voting Trish.
He wanted to make sure to protect himself and hang onto his Tyler Perry idol, so he used the regular idol.
He wants to be "safe" next week with the Tyler Perry idol.
He wants to bring Kass to the final three.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

Trish going home was the absolute best thing that could've happened to Woo and Kass. Whoever doesn't win immunity between Spencer and Tony is going home.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Ghostpilot posted:

Trish going home was the absolute best thing that could've happened to Woo and Kass. Whoever doesn't win immunity between Spencer and Tony is going home.
There's a chance Tony falls into the "deserves to be here" trap and votes with Spencer.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Oh, and another reason for Tony to let Trish get booted is that Woo has a better chance in a long balance challenge sort of thing that you need to stop Spencer from winning. (And he wants Kass in his final three)

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Ghostpilot posted:

He'd get that anyway, though. Now he has to win immunity or he's going home. At least with Trish they could split a vote and draw it down to rocks.

Yeah, the way I see it is if Spencer or Woo wins immunity, Tony goes. If Tony wins, Spencer goes.

I'd say letting Spencer stick around that one week/blindsiding Jefra and not playing the idol on Trish this week are both equally stupid moves, this week's dumb move is just more immediately obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
Trish strikes me as the person that might poison the jury against Tony now because he turned against her for Kass. I really don't understand his thinking here... even if he wanted Trish out over Kass, why not vote for Kass knowing his vote won't matter anyway?

Also no love for Trish's "I haven't had a confrontation with anyone out here this entire game" comment??

• Locked thread