Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

not not luvd posted:

I'm at the start of a bit of a boom I think. We're going to win the cup and sign all of the players.

If you win arsene won't sign anyone and it'll be funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Eye
Jul 12, 2010

Don't be so bloody gay, Cambo

quote:

Arsenal are showing a lot of arrogance here, planning for something that may not happen, The 9 year trophy drought can continue for another year, remember Birmingham City?? could easily be Hull City this time and then you know were you can shove those signs!

Yup, planning for scenarios is for arrogant bastards.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

I know, all fun and games innit. Any additional pressure on arsenal is good imo, because the only way we stand a hope in hell is if they completely bottle it.

So, feeling mildly optimistic.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Modus Trollens posted:

If you win arsene won't sign anyone and it'll be funny

He'll sell his best player and buy two more for the money, just like every other year.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Private Eye posted:

Yup, planning for scenarios is for arrogant bastards.

Planning for a massive parade that will take place in the nation's capital, bringing it to a halt.

The arrogant bastards.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Overminty posted:

I know, all fun and games innit. Any additional pressure on arsenal is good imo, because the only way we stand a hope in hell is if they completely bottle it.

So, feeling mildly optimistic.

I don't Arsene's pre game speech will to make sure the players don't forget about the bus being on hold.

sassassin posted:

He'll sell his best player and buy two more for the money, just like every other year.

Koscielny has signed and the rest of our players are on huge contracts and don't seem to want out. We've got at least another year before that happens.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
The rest of our players except for Sagna who is cool and good and it will suck when he leaves for free.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
In more Arsenal discussion, there's a lot of talk about us being in for Serge Aurier. The only thing I know about him is that he's a 21 year old french speaking African born right back, so I imagine it's a done deal.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

blue footed boobie posted:

In more Arsenal discussion, there's a lot of talk about us being in for Serge Aurier. The only thing I know about him is that he's a 21 year old french speaking African born right back, so I imagine it's a done deal.

He's bee rumoured for literally years and *pretends to watch the French league* is really good.

Supposedly he's quality and better offensively than Sagna but who knows. He's also an Arsenal fan or has at least been pictured wearing a shirt.

e -

The 21-year-old told Foot Mercato: "You cannot refuse Arsenal. You can ask any player if he would play for Arsenal and I think he would respond positively without hesitation.

"It is certain that Arsenal is a dream."

It's one of the more likely signings.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Whenever quotes like that come from a relatively unknown player, the deal usually doesn't happen. I bet we probably scouted him like we scout everyone but we won't end up buying him.

Fooly Cooly 25
Jan 18, 2005

Todo lo tuyo ahora es MIO
Granted its the Mirror but considering Sandro's replies and other whispers, this isn't a surprise:

quote:

Tim Sherwood was sacked as Tottenham boss after top stars told chairman Daniel Levy: "Either he goes - or we do."

Had Sherwood survived, midfielders Paulinho, Sandro and Etienne Capoue, defender Jan Vertonghen and keeper Hugo Lloris are understood to have been prepared to quit White Hart Lane this summer.

Shocking news: act like a twat and people will dislike you.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Arsene should lock down Aurier before Ivory Coast win the world cup

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

not not luvd posted:

The 21-year-old told Foot Mercato: "You cannot refuse Arsenal. You can ask any player if he would play for Arsenal and I think he would respond positively without hesitation.

"It is certain that Arsenal is a dream."
He's clearly retarded then, unfortunate.

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

Fooly Cooly 25 posted:

Granted its the Mirror but considering Sandro's replies and other whispers, this isn't a surprise:

Well they've all played for real managers so I'm not surprised they found it all a bit school yard

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Fooly Cooly 25 posted:

lol

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

Fooly Cooly 25 posted:

lol what a bunch of babies

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Based on their performances against Shamrock Rovers, I can safely say that if we sold Suarez and Sturridge this Summer, then Aspas and Borini could become the new SAS. Or AAB. Or BAA.

(Ibe looked deadly and Coady actually looked pretty decent too. Our backline was still hilariously bad at the defending part of their job, though.)

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
We should hire Steve Clarke back as an assistant and tell him to fix our defence like he did that one season under Dalglish.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

irlZaphod posted:

Based on their performances against Shamrock Rovers, I can safely say that if we sold Suarez and Sturridge this Summer, then Aspas and Borini could become the new SAS. Or AAB. Or BAA.

(Ibe looked deadly and Coady actually looked pretty decent too. Our backline was still hilariously bad at the defending part of their job, though.)

Ibe was good but shite in front of goal. A couple of the lads that came on in the second half looked decent as well. I suspect we'll start seeing them in early FA/League Cup rounds (though that hasn't gone so well for us in the past).

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

chuggo is BACK posted:

I have money on Arsenal lol

Me too. "Come on you gunners, and win the cup!" is the sort of thing ill be saying on saturday

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

irlZaphod posted:

Reminder that Aspas turns 27 this summer and should probably not be taking the field for a team in the CL. I thought Borini looked a little slow on the ball tbh. Ibe sort of reminds me of a bulky Sterling from last season: fast, tricky but raw and without the finishing. Kelly, rest his soul, is 24 and doesn't look like he will ever be fit (either health or ability wise) enough for Liverpool.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

FullLeatherJacket posted:

I like that this has become a big "let me tell you about hubris" thing that you can use against clubs that you don't like, as if any club in a major final or title race doesn't have to arrange in advance an event that would close a large metropolitan area

On the other hand, someone post a picture of the Liverpool "6 TIMES" bus for us to laugh at again

They should auction off unused victory parade buses and that sort of thing, I'd pay big bucks for the chance to drive around in an ARSENAL EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS 2006 bus every day

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

not not luvd posted:

You're trippin'

Steven Gerrard slipped to cost Liverpool their first league win in a 24 years.

After yelling to his teammates this does not loving slip now

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Gerrard trying to push all the cameras away after the palace game was quite funny to me, a Manchester United Fan, who has repeatedly seen him seek out and slam his gross mouth on them when he scores.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

serious gaylord posted:

Gerrard trying to push all the cameras away after the palace game was quite funny to me, a Manchester United Fan, who has repeatedly seen him seek out and slam his gross mouth on them when he scores.

Thats because he normally has bets on his goal celebrations

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

serious gaylord posted:

I think this was my favorite part of the whole Liverpool collapse. Luis Suarez, who is crying in front of thousands and thousands of people, all of whom are sitting in stands constructed to give them the best view of him, deserves his privacy.

quiet enjoyment
May 11, 2009
I think Gerrard is a top, top lad for protecting his teammate :kiddo:

Its a small gesture but a nice one.

e: also I think its safe to say you can't draw any conclusions from a friendly against a team from the league of Ireland except that the Shamrock Rovers are poo poo

quiet enjoyment fucked around with this message at 23:34 on May 14, 2014

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

cheese posted:

I thought Borini looked a little slow on the ball tbh.

To be fair to him Borini (and Allen to an extent) did just play almost an entire season of PL football. The rest of the team were kids or fringe players but he had just come from a really tough campaign and managed to put in a fairly decent account of himself.

quiet enjoyment posted:

e: also I think its safe to say you can't draw any conclusions from a friendly against a team from the league of Ireland except that the Shamrock Rovers are poo poo

Oh yeah I don't think anyone other than Rodgers is reading anything into it. It was nice to see the progression of the youngsters though.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Not sure if this goes here or weekend web, but here's Howard Webb getting slide tackled by Holtby

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27412323

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
I think you could say that this year during the Scouse Boom-Bust cycle, the Boom was way Boomier than usual (so boomy we got a CL group stage spot) but the Bust hurt so much more.

jre posted:

Not sure if this goes here or weekend web, but here's Howard Webb getting slide tackled by Holtby

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27412323
Who was the Liverpool player who completely took out I want to say Phil Dowd? Toure maybe? It owned.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

cheese posted:

I think you could say that this year during the Scouse Boom-Bust cycle, the Boom was way Boomier than usual (so boomy we got a CL group stage spot) but the Bust hurt so much more.

Who was the Liverpool player who completely took out I want to say Phil Dowd? Toure maybe? It owned.

Apologies for Miley Cyrus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wssjQNhnqxs

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

cheese posted:

As I recall he played like Andre the Giant on quaaludes throughout that entire match.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

The way he just keeps on running loving makes it, love it. Shame Kolo is kind of a poo poo footballer at this point because hes a great dude.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

not not luvd posted:

I'm at the start of a bit of a boom I think. We're going to win the cup and sign all of the players.

I'm terrified Arsene thinks Jenkinson is good enough to step in after Sagna.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Bea Nanner posted:

I'm terrified Arsene thinks Jenkinson is good enough to step in after Sagna.

It would be amazing if Arsene didn't replace Sagna. Arsenal have six (6) first team defenders at the moment.

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

blue footed boobie posted:

Real talk: Arsenal haven't had an embarrassing collapse yet with this set of players at full strength, and I expect that they will put Hull away early on. But with Wenger there's always a chance that the team shows up "nervous" and can't complete simple passes. We'll know in the first 20 minutes how the game will go.

They'll whimper, shake and curl up like an inbred dog with nerve damage OP

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

this was hilarious and i loved it just thinking about it now it makes me laugh

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

here's a lil' thing charting position by # of games played.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
According to Tony Barrett of The Times, 15 players may leave Liverpool during the summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

rats off to ya posted:

here's a lil' thing charting position by # of games played.

This seems a bit off because of City's 2/3 games in hand that they had for months. City were not top between the 26th and 31st game days, but I guess would have been if they didn't have games in hand.

• Locked thread