Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Flython posted:

Listening to the cheevos episode again and it's beautiful. They're all just the biggest loving dorks.

I'll have you know bboy360 is my idol/spirit animal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

landy.
Jan 20, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

F Plus Presents: Quite Exasperating [E2]

Scheduled for May 17, 2014 • Montrith and Acierocolotl host the first (public) broadcast of Quite Exasperating: A live gameshow where we parse the sentence construction of internet idiots. Tune in to see how it goes.

Lemon scheduled a livestream on YouTube. It sounds like it'll be funny.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Bull Runner posted:

Lemon scheduled a livestream on YouTube. It sounds like it'll be funny.

Sounds amazing.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

John Lee Hookska
The OutSkas
Outlast
The Skallman Brothers Band
Gnarles Skarkley

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Holy crapola, what time, and where can I get the link? I don't see it on the website.

YouTube streams better work with Chromecast.

landy.
Jan 20, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
http://youtu.be/n-F0FWsl4sU

It starts at 10PM.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
They have to do this on the day of Eurovision!!! :argh:

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
Is it going to be available to watch after the fact? I'll be working then.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

steinrokkan posted:

They have to do this on the day of Eurovision!!! :argh:

It's next week.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Gimnbo posted:

It's next week.

Ooops, thought it said seven hours, not seven days.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

The ball busting episode is finally here.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Gimnbo posted:

And hits the ground running, no less!

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
I like how Adam Bozarth is listed twice as a reader.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Looks like the site is getting a redesign. Spiffy, but they really need to fix those zooming icons - do not start with a small image and scale it up! I think they actually got on Mike Bike's case for that.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Gimnbo posted:

I'll be honest, the wrap-up portion of this episode kind of ruins this episode for me. More specifically, Lemon saying that these guys must hate their gender kind of ruins this episode for me. The ball-busting community is clearly a small slice of masochism that got stuck in an internet echo chamber and became dangerously extreme. It's not really a trans thing, you know? Or at least the stuff they read in the episode wasn't. I guess what I'm trying to say is that wanting to not be masculine is different from getting a boner when you think about being emasculated and it feels really weird to hear Lemon conflate the two.

Of course, I restarted the episode to hear the end again and now I'm just re-listening to the episode so it's not completely ruined, but I still feel like I need to talk about this somewhere.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I don't think he was being serious.

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
I don't think it's an anti-trans thing, just that most normal people really never consider intentionally inflicting pain on something they don't dislike. If I had a fetish for sticking needles in my fingers you'd probably wonder if I hated them too.

Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Not in the least, no.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I know he's not being actively anti-trans. If I didn't the episode would be more than only kind of ruined. It's just a lot of people don't really know poo poo about trans stuff, and if you don't know poo poo about trans stuff places like https://www.eunuchworld.org look like they're related to trans stuff when they're really not, and I'm sure there are enough people listening to The F Plus that don't know poo poo about trans stuff that I feel weird when they jokingly compare the two.

I don't know, I guess I'm just worried that someone reading this thread thinks trans people have something in common with the guy that wants to have his balls beaten until he cums blood. Trans people have problems as it is.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I think anyone who thinks that is too busy reading GBS or being ~ironically~ transphobic and racist elsewhere.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Tracula posted:

I think anyone who thinks that is too busy reading GBS or being ~ironically~ transphobic and racist elsewhere.

I'm more worried about the quietly ignorant people than the active assholes, to be honest. They're the ones that could actually change their minds because they read a post by some weirdo on the internet.

And I don't have anything more to say on this subject, so, uh... Hope I didn't ruin the conversation about guys who want to get kicked in the nads that you could have been having right now.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
I'm no Montrith. :v: I kinda wish I asked her to take over the doc or something, because I think I could have done a better job finding material that was actually funny. When I first put it together, I was more focused on stuff that was just nasty, like that awful story still in the file about Wesley Crusher from Star Trek getting his testicles surgically removed and his mother and counselor swallow them whole. And the supposedly true story about a guy who "needled his nut" and dragged it around to destroy it from the inside. I have no idea how I came across it, but that's the first thing I ever read about the subject.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Lurks With Wolves posted:

I'll be honest, the wrap-up portion of this episode kind of ruins this episode for me. More specifically, Lemon saying that these guys must hate their gender kind of ruins this episode for me. The ball-busting community is clearly a small slice of masochism that got stuck in an internet echo chamber and became dangerously extreme. It's not really a trans thing, you know?
Nobody said that it was. In fact, Lemon said the exact opposite, that it superficially seems like these people would be opposed to their own gender but that this doesn't square with their obvious delight in having balls to torture in the first place. Did you just stop the episode after hearing the first half of what he said?

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 06:05 on May 12, 2014

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Cyberventurer posted:

I'm no Montrith. :v: I kinda wish I asked her to take over the doc or something, because I think I could have done a better job finding material that was actually funny. When I first put it together, I was more focused on stuff that was just nasty, like that awful story still in the file about Wesley Crusher from Star Trek getting his testicles surgically removed and his mother and counselor swallow them whole. And the supposedly true story about a guy who "needled his nut" and dragged it around to destroy it from the inside. I have no idea how I came across it, but that's the first thing I ever read about the subject.

Maybe I shouldn't listen to this one.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!

MooCowlian posted:

Maybe I shouldn't listen to this one.

It's worth it to hear them all cringing at the contents of the readings. There's been episodes I've personally found more uncomfortable, there's been episodes that have made people angry and depressed, butthis is the only episode that was made short for their own sakes. They could power through the dickbugs, but this makes them cut it short.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Cleretic posted:

It's worth it to hear them all cringing at the contents of the readings. There's been episodes I've personally found more uncomfortable, there's been episodes that have made people angry and depressed, butthis is the only episode that was made short for their own sakes. They could power through the dickbugs, but this makes them cut it short.

This man gives bad advice. It is not worth it.

I can't get the battery thing out of my mind.

Deformed Church fucked around with this message at 14:31 on May 12, 2014

BootsRaingear
Sep 10, 2013

I can't grow a beard.

Cyberventurer posted:

It's the Wesley Crusher story that kept us from doing this one for so long. That one is more of a Lou story than an F Plus story. It's really something, but a bit too horrifying for our funtime podcast. The rest of the doc was really good for the night. Jimmyfranks didn't have a lot of time and I was still getting over pneumonia, so I wouldn't have made it through a 2 hour recording session. I rather like how it turned out, you did good.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I found the episode too ridiculous to feel uncomfortable because of it, but I was also drinking. I'll give it another listen on my drive to work and see if my balls crawl up into my stomach.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

BKPR posted:

I found the episode too ridiculous to feel uncomfortable because of it, but I was also drinking. I'll give it another listen on my drive to work and see if my balls crawl up into my stomach.

Yea like, I feel generally uneasy about the base concept of pain being inflicted to balls, but these fuckin dudes are building cardboard tubes with batteries in them and all sorts of elaborate devices and scenarios when they could just, like, punch themselves in the dick really hard. It's funny.

Squint
Jul 14, 2007

Extremely Not Bad
It's not as cringey as I thought it would be. The absurdity of it really helps separate me from what's going on.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

It is absurd, but it's not absurd enough. I can handle bugs crawling in your dick or swallowing someone with a vagina because it's so blatantly not a thing that happens, whereas I can totally picture having a heavy battery aimed at my nuts. It's not weird but harmless like the clowns, and it's not so out there I can't really imagine it being an actual thing.

Forums Barber
Jan 5, 2011
I admit I only made it through half the episode, but I think this is a lot like the body modification one where a lot of these people are just jerkin' it while they imagine doing this stuff, rather than actually doing it.

if not, please don't take my fantasy away

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
Live footage of my reaction to this episode.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Forums Barber posted:

I admit I only made it through half the episode, but I think this is a lot like the body modification one where a lot of these people are just jerkin' it while they imagine doing this stuff, rather than actually doing it.

if not, please don't take my fantasy away

I'm sorry, I think these people actually are hitting themselves in the genitals with batteries.

No one will ever actually play the ball busting card game though. Too bad, because that poo poo is hilarious.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I laughed at this episode but I also felt uncomfortable. I've been grossed out at some of the episodes but this is the first one to effect me physically just by listening to it. So congrats guys, I guess.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
This episode was great but as soon as Jimmy Franks dropped Kermit voice that took me over the edge in laughter!

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
Maybe I'm just weird but to me this is much better than the body mods episode. I feel that getting hit in the balls is pretty normal as far as comedy goes whereas I legitimately cannot think of any jokes or physical comedy associated with cutting pockets into you leg or shoving maggots up your urethra.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

I got through this episode fine. It probably just varies from person to person since apparently I'm not as disturbed by the mere mention of ball trauma as others may be. If they had left the 2 things cyberventurer mentioned I'd probably feel a lot different but the end result just ended up more slapstick than anything.

I made it 5 minutes through the body mods episode before "pushed the needle in deeper" made me have to stop.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I love F Plus, when a new one comes out it's the first thing I play on my walk to the train in the morning. I will probably cycle through them again at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?
Next time you guys record an episode can you make Jack Chick listen to this wonderful thing? I gotta wonder what Japanese metalheads are like.