Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Yeah, I almost exclusively used Squirtle when I picked Pokemon Trainer, because its maneuverability allowed me to run circles around opponents, and then get all the good items first. Also amazing recovery move that also functions as an excellent murder move.
Charizard was too loving slow and Ivysaur had a difficult learning curve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

codenameFANGIO posted:

Super Smash Bros Fisticuffs

Super Smash Bros Throwdown

Super Smash Bros Dustup

Super Smash Bros Quarrel

Super Smash Bros Characters Are Fighting Here

Smash Bros. Eat the Eggs

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Smash Mouth

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Spatula City posted:

Yeah, I almost exclusively used Squirtle when I picked Pokemon Trainer, because its maneuverability allowed me to run circles around opponents, and then get all the good items first. Also amazing recovery move that also functions as an excellent murder move.

Same here. My only problems with Squirtle were his light weight making it easy for opponents to get a knock out and his limited powerful attacks forcing you to wear down opponents.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

madeupfred posted:

Smash Bros. Eat the Eggs

"you don't have to explain, but you do have to eat these," i say as i hold out a bowl of eggs

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Spatula City posted:

You think they will keep Squirtle and Ivysaur? I don't think they'll be in this game, but they could be DLC if they are doing it.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I would be absolutely shocked if Squirtle and Ivysaur came back. Not upset, mind you, but really surprised.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I think if they were returning, they'd have been included in that Greninja trailer as well. I'll miss Squirtle, though.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

madeupfred posted:

Smash Bros. Eat the Eggs

Smash 4 Gold

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Khanstant posted:

Smash Mouth

Super Smash Bros. All-Stars

vvvvv: You forgot to tack an additional 'super' on the front

JordanKai fucked around with this message at 23:50 on May 13, 2014

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Super Smash Bros. 4: Arcade Edition

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp

Melee/Brawl/P:M tourney starting soon.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

At this point the Pic of the Day is becoming more "guess whose not playable today".

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I don't know why they didn't make her and the other Pikmin characters different skins for Olimar? Kinda dumb.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Because that's easy DLC money

and then Smash 4 never ever has DLC

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

Sire Oblivion posted:

I don't know why they didn't make her and the other Pikmin characters different skins for Olimar? Kinda dumb.

Because it would involve more than just skins, they'd need different voice work. At very least for the announcer. Wii Fit Trainer and Little Mac are the only two we've seen with different skins, and both of those alts can still just be called by the base name.

If there ends up being DLC, though, I'm almost certain new skins for a lot of characters will happen.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

Because it would involve more than just skins, they'd need different voice work. At very least for the announcer. Wii Fit Trainer and Little Mac are the only two we've seen with different skins, and both of those alts can still just be called by the base name.

If there ends up being DLC, though, I'm almost certain new skins for a lot of characters will happen.

There's really no reason for Wii Fit Trainer to have a male option and Villager to not have a female option, that's probably the stupidest thing that they're going to end up doing anyways.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Has the Wii U been cracked yet? People can always mod this stuff in later. Although this generation looks a lot less tolerant about that kind of thing.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Olimar will probably have the different captain's suits as alt-colors. Brittany herself as a whole "alt character" doesn't make a lot of sense considering she's a different character and not just a skin. Her suit is enough.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 08:21 on May 14, 2014

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

NTT posted:

Super Smash Bros. 4: Arcade Edition

Super Smash Bros Fight

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

DrPaper posted:

At this point the Pic of the Day is becoming more "guess whose not playable today".

Sakurai pointed out she isn't playable. He didn't point that out for Wonder Red.

Wonder Red reconfirmed, obviously.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Excels posted:

Has the Wii U been cracked yet? People can always mod this stuff in later. Although this generation looks a lot less tolerant about that kind of thing.

From what I recall, there's been 'breakthroughs', but nothing definite yet. It being PowerPC architecture + the inclusion of the gamepad apparently makes it harder to figure out or something?

CodfishCartographer posted:

Sakurai pointed out she isn't playable. He didn't point that out for Wonder Red.

Oh, how much I would want this to be true, whatever the odds against it.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

CodfishCartographer posted:

Stop, I don't think my heart can handle the loss of Wonder Red again. :saddowns:

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

rear end 4 Gold, the Wario themed DLC expansion.

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity

Abroham Lincoln posted:

rear end 4 Gold, the Wario themed DLC expansion.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Wario should get a DLC Pimp-skin, too. He's the only real hustler in the Mushroom Kingdom.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Have you SEEN Bowsers swagger in his new car? Dude is a total hustler.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Reiley posted:

There's really no reason for Wii Fit Trainer to have a male option and Villager to not have a female option, that's probably the stupidest thing that they're going to end up doing anyways.

I'll say what I've always said about Villager, he should have had his horn-hat from the original Animal Crossing, giving him that dorky haircut was not a good idea.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

greatn posted:

You just can't beat Wario in his Caddy though. Easily the best part of Double Dash.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Cliff Racer posted:

I'll say what I've always said about Villager, he should have had his horn-hat from the original Animal Crossing, giving him that dorky haircut was not a good idea.

I'd bet money that this will be an alternate skin, but the series' history with skins in the past has been sketchy at best.

I do wish this was his default look though, so you could use it like I've always thought you should: by ramming people in the rear end with it.

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug

DrPaper posted:

drat that pic looked really twisted for a sec because i thoguht she was using the mutilated head of a pikmin to vacuum the ground

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

greatn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P27ZsrQ_wFE

bonafide hustler

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

DrPaper posted:

I'm anticipating him posting a pic of like...a Meta Knight trophy before actually confirming the return of Meta Knight proper.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I'm anticipating him posting a pic of like...a Meta Knight trophy before actually confirming the return of Meta Knight proper.

Is this before or after we get Bandana Dee confirmed playable?

(This is why King Deedeedee no longer throws Waddle Dees).

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

after a while it sounds like he's saying GET GOOD, which owns as a taunt

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

More information on not-Pong

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

He is seriously loving with people about the Ridley thing huh

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

net cafe scandal posted:

Clearly Pong is Ridley's new pupa stage between rabbit and pterodactyl.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!

net cafe scandal posted:

He all but confirmed in the last direct that Ridley's going to be a boss character on Pyrosphere like Yellow Devil on Wily Castle.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Please fix the thread title to No, Pong is not in it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Who the heck is 2p in that notpong picture? Looks like a weird blue ghost or something.

• Locked thread