Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Vinyl pre-orders for the new Jeff Rosenstock side project Antarctigo Vespucci are available on Really Records. Apparently the digital version is available Tuesday. You can listen to the track "I'm Giving Up On U2" here. Really catchy pop punk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MondayHotDog posted:

Vinyl pre-orders for the new Jeff Rosenstock side project Antarctigo Vespucci are available on Really Records. Apparently the digital version is available Tuesday. You can listen to the track "I'm Giving Up On U2" here. Really catchy pop punk.
I ordered it about a week ago, it sounds pretty yum.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
It's streaming up on AV club as well: http://www.avclub.com/article/antarctigo-vespucci-goes-all-out-fuzz-soulmate-stu-203120

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

Well, most of the Apple Stomp 2 lineup is posted:

Stubborn All-Stars
Big D and the Kids Table w/ Marc Flynn back singing for Apple Stomp (so OLD BigD songs!!)
Five Iron Frenzy
Slow Gherkin
The Toasters
Jiker
Dan P and The Bricks
The Allstonians
Johnny Too Bad and the Strikeouts
Hub City Stompers
I Voted for Kodos w/ Jay Tea on keys!
King Django
High School Football Heroes
Sammy Kay and The Fast Four
Dan Potthast
Vic Ruggiero

Slow Gherkin on the East Coast! I'm probably going to this. Of course, Saturday conflicts with Menzingers tickets I bought before this was announced, but maybe all the bands I want to see most will play on Sunday.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist

WaffleZombie posted:

Well, most of the Apple Stomp 2 lineup is posted:

Stubborn All-Stars
Big D and the Kids Table w/ Marc Flynn back singing for Apple Stomp (so OLD BigD songs!!)
Five Iron Frenzy
Slow Gherkin
The Toasters
Jiker
Dan P and The Bricks
The Allstonians
Johnny Too Bad and the Strikeouts
Hub City Stompers
I Voted for Kodos w/ Jay Tea on keys!
King Django
High School Football Heroes
Sammy Kay and The Fast Four
Dan Potthast
Vic Ruggiero

Slow Gherkin on the East Coast! I'm probably going to this. Of course, Saturday conflicts with Menzingers tickets I bought before this was announced, but maybe all the bands I want to see most will play on Sunday.

I MUST see IV4K. Any idea how much single day tickets will be?

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
This year's lineup is pretty awesome. Seeing Slow Gherkin again will be amazing, and IV4K is just icing. Last time I saw them was some bar in Philly with maybe five other people. I may not be in town for Saturday though, so I'm really hoping for a heavy Sunday show.

hito
Feb 13, 2012

Thank you, kids. By giving us this lift you're giving a lift to every law-abiding citizen in the world.
Hah, at the reunion show IV4K made it sound like a one-time thing but you could tell how badly they missed playing.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

When is Apple Stomp 2?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I hope Slow Gherkin is reunited long enough to slam down some new beats on CD, just make it work, work that out somehow.

WaffleZombie
May 10, 2003

"Identity Crisis" Murderer Wild Guess #333:Prince "Lady Killer Charming "Well, I AM the Adversa"

DOOP posted:

When is Apple Stomp 2?

May 31 and June 1. The Irving Plaza website only lists two day tickets at the moment, for $55. I'm assuming 1 day would then fall around $30.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist
Look what came in the mail today!

This is the troublesome morning edition. Anyone get the other version?

Monday_ fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Apr 19, 2014

Cosmic Horror
Feb 2, 2009

DON'T BRING A GUN TO A SHELBY FIGHT MOTHER FUCKER, THAT'S RIGHT YOU GOT KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT
I got the Bad Morning edition.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Speaking of, Bomb Documentary kickstarter is on it's second round to finish Post-Production

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/saracrow/never-get-tired-the-bomb-the-music-industry-story

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Has anyone started hearing anything about the Special Gifts that Streetlight was supposed to start mailing out a while ago?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

They'll come when they come

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Streetlight has been the most painful band I've ever followed. MAYBE 2nd to Weezer, but in a different way. Streetlight's history has just been very slow and lots of waiting and sad stories. I hope there is a tell all blog someday.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I have been touring with a show since January and I was originally supposed to be in Texas during Apple Stomp and I was loving pissed about it, but those dates just got cancelled and I'm heading down to Irving Plaza right now to go pick up tickets :dance:

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
I'm really hoping they announce single tickets soon. I might only be able to make Sunday, so I want to see who I'll be able to catch. I don't remember how long it took them to list them last year.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

the local punk/metal/rock venue in my city reopened last night (as the Owl Sanctuary) and put on a free night of ska punk and reggae. some of the most fun I've had at a gig for ages without a doubt.

Skillface
Oct 7, 2012
Saw and opened for The Planet Smashers last night in Ottawa and it was legendary, sold out venue. Surfin' In Tofino was some of the most fun I've had at a ska show, and DEFINITELY the sweatiest crowd I've ever been a part of.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
I got to see High School Football Heroes for the first time last night and it was incredible. They are officially back in business and releasing some new material hopefully soon.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS
Get to see the Green Room Rockers and the Slackers on their mini tour tonight. Not looking forward to the drive back from Ft. Wayne afterwards though.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

It's out and it's good. It's a bit of a genre blender, all over the place. A lot of New Orleans in this.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I'm listening to samples on Amazon. Did they fire their horn section or something?

edit: I think I hear a trombone in track 8

guppy fucked around with this message at 03:02 on May 14, 2014

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Reel Big Fish just announced that they're pressing 1000 copies of Turn The Radio Off, so get that poo poo now before it's gone

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
done and done. Store Envy is getting a lot of my money lately

hito
Feb 13, 2012

Thank you, kids. By giving us this lift you're giving a lift to every law-abiding citizen in the world.
Streetlight and a bunch of other awesome ska bands are gonna be at Riot Fest, but it's selling out grossly fast, so if you want in, hurry: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152207610913737&set=a.10150195259743737.310785.37054718736&type=1

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

what the gently caress is that lineup even jesus

hito
Feb 13, 2012

I know, it's grotesque. Get tickets so we can hang out and be goons together for Streetlight and the Bosstones and RX Bandits and NOFX and Me First and the Gimme Gimmes.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

not going to lie i have such a boner at the prospect of seeing streetlight, the cure, and wu-tang at the same concert

e: also, the high schooler in me is not looking past offspring/get up kids/motion city soundtrack/senses fail/taking back sunday/i am the avalanche

and laura stevenson is going to be there :kiddo:

and loving stiff little fingers what the gently caress

dropkick murphys, gogol bordello

jesus christ i could loving die here

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 04:24 on May 14, 2014

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

okay, seriously, the pizza underground is macaulay culkin's velvet underground cover band. just loving take my money.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
Who is "Ughh, My Parents Are Here"? I can't even google that name.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Just got my tickets!

Gabbleduck
Mar 13, 2011

Three hots an' a cot.

Obama Yo Mama posted:

what the gently caress is that lineup even jesus

that's what I said

It's like this lineup represents the different niche music I was into when I was a kid/teenager/currently

and then a whole bunch of other crap that I'm also into or would be keen to see. They even have Pussy Riot for some reason

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

guppy posted:

I'm listening to samples on Amazon. Did they fire their horn section or something?

edit: I think I hear a trombone in track 8
Nah it's there on every track except for tracks 2 and 12 I think.

e: Ellwood is the album they did without the horn section and I don't think they're doing that side project anymore

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 17:50 on May 14, 2014

hito
Feb 13, 2012

Ugh, but it turns out that Friday is part of a no-travel week at work. I only live a few hours away so I could leave right after work, but...is it really worth it for only getting two days, plus maybe a little bit Friday night? It's annoying that I only have a 48 hour period to refund/transfer the ticket so I have to decide this right now.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

hito posted:

is it really worth it for only getting two days, plus maybe a little bit Friday night?

A thousand times yes.

It's probably changed, but when I went (2012) Friday was a night-only thing, and it was just a separate concert at some venue elsewhere in Chicago with a mediocre lineup (Neon Trees, Offspring, a few others). Even if they changed it now and it's a full carnival day, there were like a dozen "secret shows (they're not that secret and IIRC the VIP tickets get you guaranteed access to all of them)" each night, with some awesome bands playing, so if you've got the stamina you could go non-stop from Friday night to Sunday to make up for the part of Friday you missed.

e: tbh I'd say this beats out Coachella or any other big festival as far as a huge variety of music going on. Look at these schedules for 2012. Keep in mind that most of the secret shows at night were bands not at the actual fest as well.

I was running back and forth between stages half the time, thank god Humboldt Park isn't very big. My personal attendance was 31 bands over the 3 days.

If I sound like I'm gushing, it's because it was one of the single greatest weekends of my life.

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 00:02 on May 15, 2014

hito
Feb 13, 2012

Thanks man, that's good to hear. I think I'll keep on with this. It has extra fun factor because I don't even know who the second person is gonna be yet, I'm just sorta hanging on to a ticket and seeing where life will take me. That adventure should be fun even if I miss Friday.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Wait what are secret shows and do I need VIP for that? Now I'm sort of bummed I only bought a regular ticket.

Also good god if cursive or built to spill get added I will poo poo my pants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

They announce them around a month before the festival AFAIK. I believe you can buy tickets to them, but if you have a VIP ticket you can get into any of them for free. I dunno why I keep calling them secret shows, the website refers to them as after parties.

http://riotfest.org/2012/08/chicago-after-parties-announced-tickets-on-sale-now/

quote:

2012 After Parties…. We told you to be awake at 10 AM today for some big news, so here we are. We’re super excited to announce the official After Parties for Riot Fest and Carnival Chicago. There’s quite the array of shows so no matter what style of the rock you like most, we have you covered. A limited number of tickets for these shows are on sale now, so snap them up fast! Entrance to 3-Day Pass holders will be subject to capacity, so if you want to get in the smaller shows, get there on time!

Friday September 14 – Empty Bottle (21+)
Alkaline Trio
Brendan Kelly
Purchase tickets
Sold out!

Friday September 14 – Subterranean (21+)
Naked Raygun
Dan Vapid & The Cheats
Purchase tickets

Friday September 14 – Cobra Lounge (21+)
Frank Turner
Purchase tickets

Saturday September 15 – Congress Theater (17+)
NOFX
The Casualties
The Adicts
The Dickies
Purchase tickets

Saturday September 15 – Cobra Lounge (21+)
Fishbone
Purchase tickets

VVVVVVVVVVVV I couldn't go last year because it was the weekend of Rosh Hashanah =/

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 11:04 on May 15, 2014