Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

THE RED MENACE posted:

The PECOTA numbers I've seen like Weaver this year.

Latos was going to be my pick you rear end in a top hat :argh:

gently caress! CUETO IS SO GOOD THIS BLOWS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

mynameisjohn posted:

Can someone explain the logic of Iwakuma over Tanaka?

I honestly completely forgot about Tanaka. Shows what I get for basing my predictions off of 2013 draft boards.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

I was hoping some sort of ace would fall to me in round 2, but seeing how I got Petco Park on my side, every pitcher is a potential ace!

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

loving Donaldson :argh:

I really didn't think he'd slide 50-whatever picks to me but I really wanted him.

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

Michael Pineda just couldn't stay healthy...
There's one Punto I'm absolutely amazed hasn't been picked yet, and god do I hope he keeps slipping.

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

"Just a few more ligaments and this baby can shoot 90!"
Joey "Nick Punto Bats" Bautista was the Punto I was shocked was still hanging around.

Better start eying up whoever I'm taking next.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Monicro posted:

Yo if you can please keep the already drafted players tabs updated, if we dont its gonna be really annoying when we get to like round 19 or w/e

Should we just type in our own picks when we make them to make it easier on you, IcePhoenix?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

tadashi posted:

Should we just type in our own picks when we make them to make it easier on you, IcePhoenix?

I think I've only had to type in like four picks and I haven't even touched the "already drafted" tabs since I made them (and even then I only put in the positions, not the players) so I just assumed that's what people were doing already.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
Nick "Dustin 'Scrappy Max' Pedroia" Punto is a drat good pick.

...if you define drat good picks as the ones that near the top of my list.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

He was at the top of my list and I was really hoping he'd fall to me because I had no idea how he was falling so far in the first place.

I added a ton of tabs to the doc, feel free to organize your team tab however you feel (use mine for inspiration if you'd like!)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Well that's way higher than I expected Simmons to go. He was the autodraft that OOTP has been waiting to drop on someone for a while.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

IcePhoenix posted:

Well that's way higher than I expected Simmons to go. He was the autodraft that OOTP has been waiting to drop on someone for a while.
I agree, if only because I'm not sure that picking a one-way player in the early rounds is sound strategy. I'm not sure what Simmons provides that Nick Punto doesn't.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

Yeah, it's just way too high to take a player who is going to have an OBP of .300.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Extreme groundball pitching rotation might make it worth it?

Probably early, but I'd hesitate calling it terrible.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Pander posted:

Extreme groundball pitching rotation might make it worth it?

Probably early, but I'd hesitate calling it terrible.
It's not terrible, he's the best defensive player in baseball.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I forgot that we called all undrafted players Puntos a couple years back. :allears:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Three picks within ten minutes, not bad :v:

e: I apologize for betraying the Twins Way and drafting a strikeout pitcher. Had Pedroia fallen to me I was actually considering loading up on infield defense and drafting a bunch of ground ball pitchers as a fun gimmick.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 18:52 on May 14, 2014

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Wacha Flocka Flame is a good pick, had him pretty high on my draft board.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
I got Carlos Gomez as a fourth OF with one of my later picks (like 20th round maybe?) a couple years ago when we did this, and now he's going in the first round. Pretty cool that he's come so far the past couple of years.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

THE RED MENACE posted:

Wacha Flocka Flame is a good pick, had him pretty high on my draft board.
haha I was going to take him next if he was available

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

mynameisjohn posted:

haha I was going to take him next if he was available

I'm guessing a lot of people had him ranked high enough on their boards that they were as well.

(I had him behind Miller)

Zythrst
May 31, 2011

Time to join a revolution son, its going to be yooge!

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm guessing a lot of people had him ranked high enough on their boards that they were as well.

(I had him behind Miller)

Interesting I think he just plain has better stuff then Miller and Pecota likes him a lot. Also I would have sworn that Donaldson was the Punto many of you were talking about, now i'm intrigued.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zythrst posted:

Interesting I think he just plain has better stuff then Miller and Pecota likes him a lot. Also I would have sworn that Donaldson was the Punto many of you were talking about, now i'm intrigued.

Pedroia was the main Punto I was talking about, but there are a few more that I'm intrigued by them still being on the board. I'm glad Mauer was taken before me though because it would have been real hard not to homer pick him.

As far as Pecota goes, keep in mind that it's their main evluation source but not their only. Like I said before, your best bet is to draft off of your own feelings and opinions on players, disregarding anything we've learned during the season.

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

Michael Pineda just couldn't stay healthy...

Screen Door Slams posted:

There's one Punto I'm absolutely amazed hasn't been picked yet, and god do I hope he keeps slipping.

I was talking about Pedroia here.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Politicalrancor has about 40 minute before he's skipped. Please feel free to take as many guys as you can to make it hell for his pick (whether made by him or the game) if he comes back before I get home after work.

Also if anyone is wondering how I autopick if that person is off the board from picks that happened while they were skipped, I can change the draft order of individual rounds without messing up the order of the other rounds (which is a pretty sweet feature).

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 22:33 on May 14, 2014

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Am I free to draft?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Am I free to draft?

Yeah, my pick was four hours and five minutes ago.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
I honestly forgot that Kemp existed

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
Kemp + Miggy is a pretty awesome combo.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Waiting for the draft to come back around is killing me. So many players I want coming off the board.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

In a no injury environment, I really liked Kemp's value here, so I decided against picking a pitcher. Not sure if that's going to bite me in the rear end though.

Also, thanks to whoever put him in the draft google document, because I completely forgot.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
E: misread your post actually oops

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
In the last be a GM thread, Matt Kemp went 1st overall so people seemed to think his injuries would affect his value.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Golf is long, yall

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Have I mentioned how easy it is to forget which thread is which?

Nice pick with Hamels.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I like Cole, nice pick.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zodiac's four hours are up, HAL9100 is up. I'm busy and can't autopick right now. If Zodiac's third round pick comes up and he still hasn't picked it skips to Atlanta.

Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

"Just a few more ligaments and this baby can shoot 90!"

IcePhoenix posted:

Zodiac's four hours are up, HAL9100 is up. I'm busy and can't autopick right now. If Zodiac's third round pick comes up and he still hasn't picked it skips to Atlanta.

Just consulting my draft team now.

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
Prince AND Stanton? oh my god there's gonna be so many dingers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

So just to be sure, my pick now right?

• Locked thread