Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Same spot.

bellows lugosi fucked around with this message at 07:14 on May 7, 2014

Genderfluid
Jun 18, 2009

my mom is a slut
b/w is miles better

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Maybe if you hate wood paneling and yellow. :mad:

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

img065 by Stingray of Doom, on Flickr

It surprises and shocks me how sharp my mamiya glass seems to be. Resolution isn't unfortunately a substitute for talent.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

After getting my Chamonix, I was looking for a way to carry them around and on MrBlandAverage's recommendation, I got a F-Stop Medium Shallow ICU which fits it and the other LF gear perfectly.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dad Hominem
Dec 4, 2005

Standing room only on the Disco Bus
Fun Shoe

mediaphage posted:

Looks like Adorama has some in stock. If you had it shipped to you in SF, shipping would be free, and I don't think you'd get hit with sales tax either. I don't know what their used dept is like, so if you called you could see if you could pick it up in person when you're in NYC, as they're a NY-based store.

I figured the big shops like Adorama would have something, but I guess I assumed their prices wouldn't be the best and their staff wouldn't necessarily know that much about what they're selling, given the amount of volume they have to deal with. Hopefully I'm wrong - I'll have a look. Thanks!

notlodar
Sep 11, 2001

Adorama and B&H know their poo poo.

Also maybe look into fotocare.

SimonomiS
Apr 3, 2009
Okay so is there a reason that explicitly stated 'dark cloths' are so hideously over-priced?

I'm seeing these Linhof and Paramo ones for around £50 and think I must be missing something to warrant that price...

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

SimonomiS posted:

Okay so is there a reason that explicitly stated 'dark cloths' are so hideously over-priced?

I'm seeing these Linhof and Paramo ones for around £50 and think I must be missing something to warrant that price...

Camera dollars. Dedicated dark cloths are really nice but I just use an old tee shirt.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I got one on eBay from some Chinese camera accessory manufacturer for considerably less than that. Red on the outside, black on the inside, waterproof and has a little hood for the lens and velcro at the bottom. Needs were suited.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
I found someone selling a Mamiya 645 1000s w/ 80mm/2.8, holders, finder, etc etc for $150. Anyone want to talk me out of diving into MF?

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

LargeHadron posted:

I found someone selling a Mamiya 645 1000s w/ 80mm/2.8, holders, finder, etc etc for $150. Anyone want to talk me out of diving into MF?

If you're going to carry around a MF camera, you might as well get a bigger frame size (at least 6x6 or 6x7). The only reason to get 645 instead of larger formats is the availability of f/1.8-f/2 lenses, and I'm guessing you wouldn't be getting one.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

MrBlandAverage posted:

If you're going to carry around a MF camera, you might as well get a bigger frame size (at least 6x6 or 6x7). The only reason to get 645 instead of larger formats is the availability of f/1.8-f/2 lenses, and I'm guessing you wouldn't be getting one.

Thanks party pooper :(

I imagine, though, that I could have some fun with the camera for a little while then sell it for ~$300 and buy something bigger, no?

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.
That's pretty cheap if it all works, compare prices on KEH if you are still keen.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

deaders posted:

That's pretty cheap if it all works, compare prices on KEH if you are still keen.

Good thinking. A BGN body (no finder or lens) is $100 on KEH, so I pretty much have to do it.

TheJeffers
Jan 31, 2007

645 is still a huge step up in image quality from 35mm. $150 is nothing in photobux—you may as well give it a spin.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

Ugh, so the camera was broken. Dude didn't bother to put a battery in it until 5 minutes before meeting with me...so yeah, didn't buy it. Now I'm going to focus my efforts on finding a cheap 6x6 or 6x7.

e. Goddamnit. I was still raging a bit and I completely impulsively bought a Bronica S2A (w/ two lenses) for $200 on eBay. Probably should have done more research first...

LargeHadron fucked around with this message at 03:36 on May 14, 2014

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

e. Can't post good.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICLG3HCDlhk&feature=youtu.be&t=1m20s

Now I want to go buy some exotic lens that's only cheap in barrel.

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

LargeHadron posted:

e. Goddamnit. I was still raging a bit and I completely impulsively bought a Bronica S2A (w/ two lenses) for $200 on eBay. Probably should have done more research first...

The S2A is a rather old camera, but it has some nice features, and it very small for a 6x6 slr. If you hate it, I have a nice 645 kit I wanna sell thats well below KEH prices :)

coronalight
Oct 12, 2006

asdfghjkl;

Putrid Grin posted:

The S2A is a rather old camera, but it has some nice features, and it very small for a 6x6 slr. If you hate it, I have a nice 645 kit I wanna sell thats well below KEH prices :)

Details, please?

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite

LargeHadron posted:

Ugh, so the camera was broken. Dude didn't bother to put a battery in it until 5 minutes before meeting with me...so yeah, didn't buy it. Now I'm going to focus my efforts on finding a cheap 6x6 or 6x7.

I like my S2a, if it needs a CLA I've got a contact for you. I also have two BGN copies of the nikkor 200mm, I would list one in the classifieds if there is interest.

I picked up a viewfinder so I could be like this guy.

Genderfluid
Jun 18, 2009

my mom is a slut
Waiting Woman, Berlin by JaundiceDave, on Flickr

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Love this so much, colours are great. Looks like Kodachrome!

pootiebigwang
Jun 26, 2008
I need more film. My local shop closed down so I haven't shot anything in like a month because I have been too lazy to order stuff online. Where's the best place to get film online? Amazon? Here's some random (boring) portraits from the last roll I had developed.

Thomas by Dev Luns, on Flickr

Joshua by Dev Luns, on Flickr

Daniel by Dev Luns, on Flickr

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
http://filmphotographyproject.com/store/film

You won't find cheaper film unless it's on special, plus they'll ship anywhere for a reasonable price.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.
I saw some hallways...

rohan
Mar 19, 2008

Look, if you had one shot
or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted
in one moment
Would you capture it...
or just let it slip?

:siren:"THEIR":siren:

I kind of love Portra for long exposures, it turns out. Need to try it more often.

Matsuya Ryokan by rstop bstop, on Flickr

(Is the bottom-left too yellow/green? Rest of the picture looks good to my eyes, any thoughts welcome.)

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

VomitOnLino posted:

I saw some hallways...

These are very nice man, they have a great atmosphere to them.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

VomitOnLino posted:

I saw some hallways...

This is fly

rohan
Mar 19, 2008

Look, if you had one shot
or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted
in one moment
Would you capture it...
or just let it slip?

:siren:"THEIR":siren:

Midagahara Hotel by rstop bstop, on Flickr

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

I got my Bronica in the mail the other day. It's old, smelly, and ugly but it seems to work just fine. Aiming it is retarded difficult though...reminded me of that toy helicopter minigame from Vice City.

Unfocused, improperly exposed pictures likely to come soon.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

That's a right of passage, don't sweat it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Give it to someone else and watch them flail wildly as they try to figure out the viewfinder :v:

Genderfluid
Jun 18, 2009

my mom is a slut

Patissier, Granville by JaundiceDave, on Flickr

The Abbey, Mont Saint-Michel by JaundiceDave, on Flickr

Putrid Grin
Sep 16, 2007

_DSC6794 by Stingray of Doom, on Flickr

Testing out a 65mm lens on my Mamiya Press.
Boy does it flare up.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

1st shot with the Chamonix

Lost in the (Short) Lallang by alkanphel, on Flickr

alkanphel fucked around with this message at 15:46 on May 22, 2014

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.
I think this guy just won the large format epeen competition for good:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/68142897748/permalink/10152140321202749/

Obviously he uses it to take photos of flowers.

deaders fucked around with this message at 07:16 on May 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

deaders posted:

I think this guy just won the large format epeen competition for good:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/68142897748/permalink/10152140321202749/

Obviously he uses it to take photos of flowers.

12x16? How quaint.

• Locked thread