Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I don't have a credit card so I asked my brother to buy me a bundle of dota 2 items.

He didn't do it until today and now they're not Genuine anymore meaning my collection of items for characters I play now can't be complete without a lot of work and extra cost and I'm out $20.

Also the store didn't have any of the salmon burgers I like so after a 3 hour volunteer shift at a local food charity I have nothing to eat except junk food.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I got shampoo in my shower beer.

Zeth
Dec 28, 2006

Cluck you say?
Buglord

Umbilical Lotus posted:

The subway was actually efficient this morning, so I had to stand around work for twenty minutes waiting for someone to come open it up for me.

While here, I had to entertain a client's kid for a while, so we had a unicorn-drawing contest. I actually like the resulting unicorn, but it's on the back of a piece of scrap paper and the backside shows when I scan it. I'm uncertain if I'm able to reproduce it, and can't put it in my portfolio.

I entirely forgot about mother's day and made a bunch of plans I can't break, and my mom is leaving me a series of increasingly forlorn and guiltsome notes.

Use a lightbox, trace it!

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

Zeth posted:

Use a lightbox, trace it!

Or, y'know, tracing paper.

e: or transfer paper

cis_eraser_420
Mar 1, 2013

kannonfodder posted:

I got shampoo in my shower beer.

Legitimate problem

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I scraped against one of my best friend's cars when I was backing out tonight. Damage was minor and of course I immediately told him about it and he said it was all good but that doesn't keep me from feeling like a massive douche. At the very least I'm going to be buying his beer and weed for the foreseeable future.

Arrath has a new favorite as of 07:52 on May 10, 2014

duralict
Sep 18, 2007

this isn't hug club at all
I got invited to enter a contest where the prize is two weeks of unpaid marketing work.

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
I'm going to hang out with my friend today but she's busy for the next couple hours. I don't really feel like watching tv or playing games. I don't know what I'm going to do for the next 2-3 hours.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.
Baristas have begun to be diagnosed with barista wrist (carpal tunnel) due to their repetitive tasks

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
My French cuffs keep getting in the way when using a mousepad.

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.

drgnwr1 posted:

Baristas have begun to be diagnosed with barista wrist (carpal tunnel) due to their repetitive tasks

Cashiers and other repetitive positions are also starting to be diagnosed with "Work-related Musculoskeletal Disorders" (WMSD)
I'm actually one of them. I have some damage to my rotator cuff in my shoulder caused by the repetitive motion of picking up, scanning, and bagging items with my right arm.
I no longer work retail but sometimes my shoulder still aches.

It's a very very minor inconvenience. Boo Hoo poor me. :(

It's really not that bad

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

I'm pretty sure someone took a poo poo in one of the bald eagle enclosures at my work yesterday and I'm worried that they will strike again.

Like, this is really bothering me. It definitely wasn't an eagle turd, and the mystery pooper left a piece of a saltine cracker in the enclosure, so something's going on. Waiting for my supervisor to get back to me on it.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

People keep talking about the new Batman movie to me.

duralict
Sep 18, 2007

this isn't hug club at all
I washed my hands at a Wendy's bathroom and the soap made my hands smell awful.

uptown
May 16, 2009
I have a tattoo consult tomorrow and the shop is like, an hour's bus ride away. I'll probably get lazy and take a cab, which will cost mooooney :(

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I was baking some chicken tacos in the oven, and I went to check on them in time to see the chicken filling get pooped out of the tortilla.

Now that I have seen that my food has some sort of sphincter control I am not entirely sure I want to eat it anymore :(

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

duralict posted:

I washed my hands at a Wendy's bathroom and the soap made my hands smell awful.

My favourite local burrito place has the worst-smelling soap I've ever encountered so whenever I eat there I have to choose whether I want to drive home with burrito smell all over my hands and risk transmitting the smell to my car's steering wheel, my clothes, etc; or if I want to wash my hands and smell like chemical hell until I can get home and wash them with normal soap.

Current fwp - When I went to get a coffee this morning the new barista-in-training made it and he used normal milk instead of soy so I've felt sick all day and the coffee didn't even taste right because the usual guy didn't make it :(

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

uptown posted:

I have a tattoo consult tomorrow and the shop is like, an hour's bus ride away. I'll probably get lazy and take a cab, which will cost mooooney :(

Being lazy is taking the bus instead of a bicycle. Taking a taxi is just fiscally unwise. Hope this made you feel better about your life decisions :tipshat:

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

My water is shut off for eight hours today because the city needs to replace my complex's water meter. Why does this need to take eight hours??? Who loving knows. I made sure we had water last night, filled up a bunch of pots/bottles, I just hope I don't have to take a poo poo until later because I'll have to drive somewhere to do it.

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!
My glasses still aren't ready to be picked up yet from the optometrist. IT'S BEEN THREE GODDAMN WEEKS. I just want to see better already. :sigh:

uptown
May 16, 2009

Jerry Cotton posted:

Being lazy is taking the bus instead of a bicycle. Taking a taxi is just fiscally unwise. Hope this made you feel better about your life decisions :tipshat:

Here's another first world problem: I don't know how to ride a bike.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

uptown posted:

Buy a motherfucking bike instead of a useless tattoo.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

uptown posted:

I learned how to ride a bike on my 21st birthday. :smith:

My FWP: I over-reduced my delicious Thai-style curry and it's slightly less good. :saddowns:

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.

uptown posted:

My boyfriend doesn't know how to ride a bike. Or drive a car. In his defense, he grew up in the city and our public transportation is 24/7, but still.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
I never learned how to ride a bike either.

Right after I finished drinking a bottle of root beer, I remembered that there's vanilla ice cream in the freezer. I could have made a float. :doh:

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Ever since I watched it months ago, Yellowbrickroad has been haunting me. It's not a great movie--the ending is crap, for one. But drat, I think about that movie almost every day. I want to watch it again but I'm afraid that if I do, the magical fascination will die. It's just such a weird movie about nostalgia, loss and the simple horror of existing.

Also I don't want to drive five minutes to the store for smokes. I wish I lived in a city where I could walk places again. I'd have smokes and a moon pie right now.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

One day I will achieve my lifelong dream and be a skeleton, but I will not be alive to see it :saddowns:

Carbon Thief
Oct 11, 2009

Diamonds aren't the only things that are forever.
Mom was supposed to move home today after 10 years overseas, but her flight was delayed and now she's not coming til tomorrow. I don't want to wait another day, dammit!

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
I was typing up a long post and pressed refresh by accident, now it's gone :(

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I ordered a HDMI switch because I was running out of ports on my tv, and it came in today but I forgot to order another HDMI cable so I can't really have EVERYTHING attached to the tv until it comes in.

:smith:

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
I have an awesome birthday surprise for my fiance tomorrow and I want to tell the whole world but I can't because our friends can't keep secrets. And I can't even tell you guys because he might read this thread!
:tinfoil:

I'm just so excited I don't want to wait another day. :(

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I ordered a HDMI switch because I was running out of ports on my tv, and it came in today but I forgot to order another HDMI cable so I can't really have EVERYTHING attached to the tv until it comes in.

:smith:

I bought a DVI-HDMI cable since it's apparently impossible to find a DVI cable these days, but the monitor I want to attach with it doesn't have DVI in. I could use my other monitor, but I can't get the gamma settings just right on it with this computer :(

uptown
May 16, 2009

Mister Adequate posted:

One day I will achieve my lifelong dream and be a skeleton, but I will not be alive to see it :saddowns:

You already are a skeleton.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

uptown posted:

You already are a skeleton.

Not pure.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Aw man, I ordered my set of HDMI cables from amazon, and they have a scheduled delivery date of Sunday? That's weird, and it's kinda weirding me out.

I mean, if they show, that's awesome, but if they don't I'm going to be kinda disappointed and either way it's kinda weird.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

After a week and a half of this awful cold my doc gave me some antibiotics. These antibiotics make me so dizzy and nauseous I've spent the last two days in bed. At least I'm not coughing anymore because I think that would make my head explode. Also my fiancee is out of town so I have no one to make comforting noises and tell me I'm not going to die.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
I went to have my prom dress adjusted and the tailor tied the laces on the corset tight enough (this was because the bodice was really loose) so I couldn't breathe all the way in. I thought it was normal and figured it'd be fine since she'd be only putting pins on the dress for a few minutes. At the end, I felt sick and sat down on the tailor's bed. I woke up on her floor. Then I had to be driven home on a windy road while I was still nauseous.

Celery Face has a new favorite as of 07:11 on May 18, 2014

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Poldarn posted:

After a week and a half of this awful cold my doc gave me some antibiotics. These antibiotics make me so dizzy and nauseous I've spent the last two days in bed. At least I'm not coughing anymore because I think that would make my head explode. Also my fiancee is out of town so I have no one to make comforting noises and tell me I'm not going to die.

I've had that same reaction to antibiotics and it's absolutely horrid :( You have my sympathies friend, and you're not going to die. Can't provide comforting noises though, sorry :shobon:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I'm running out of time to procrastinate on this project. My fiance is going on a trip for a few days and I will worry about him. I forgot to buy cream cheese, so I ate my bagel plain and it was only kind of okay. I'm a little bit cold, but not cold enough for a sweater. Blah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Turns out we do have Sunday delivery for mail and that is kinda weird.

I was sleeping when they rang the doorbell at 8:20 though, and that just sucked :argh:

• Locked thread