Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

I really don't get why people like bird songs. There's one outside my window right now, and it's the most grating thing.

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Well... yeah?

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Dick Tracy

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Wanamingo posted:

Oh , I thought was because he parked in the wrong direction just so he could drag the hose extra far to fill up his tank. but no that wasn't the answer, it has to be some dumb trivia that probably isn't true. Should the cop cars run out of gas just because they aren't allowed to use civilian gas stations?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Most police stations have their own pumps, so it's at least vaguely plausible as a lead, I guess. The real meat of this one is Alfie in the first two panels. "But that's illegal!", says the assistant to the detective, who regularly stops criminals and has seen much wackier poo poo than a mugger impersonating a cop.

R Ubbish
Apr 15, 2013

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
And now, everything else...

Pogo (May 17, 1956)

Droodles (May 17, 1956)

Out Our Way (December 22-23, 1924)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Wanamingo posted:

Why is Inspector Danger always leaning at at 30 degree angle?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Why is Inspector Danger always leaning at at 30 degree angle?

He's drunk.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

Wanamingo posted:

This isn't true. Police cars, ambulances, and fire trucks all fill up at regular gas stations as well as their own dispatch stations. I've sold gasoline to all of them back when I worked in one. These people drive around all day, it's stupid to have to go all the way back just to fill up.

gently caress these obtuse puzzles.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Evil Mastermind posted:

Did that storyline actually talk about what happened to Nancy's parents, though? I remember it being "I'm sad about not having parents to bring to the family picnic wait I'll bring Aunt Friti PROBLEM SOLVED".

It was mentioned in one of the Phil Fumble strips--Nancy's parents are dead. Fritzi wept had a single tear well up at the corner of her eye when she related it to Phil on a date at the diner. I don't believe we ever learned how they died, exactly, and whether or not Fritzi is a blood-relative.

EasyEW posted:

Droodles (May 17, 1956)

Droodles is adorable. Granted, I only read the text under the picture a couple of times, and in my opinion it takes away from the joke. Regardless, it's a treasure.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

e: nm

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Bobbie Wickham posted:

It was mentioned in one of the Phil Fumble strips--Nancy's parents are dead. Fritzi wept had a single tear well up at the corner of her eye when she related it to Phil on a date at the diner. I don't believe we ever learned how they died, exactly, and whether or not Fritzi is a blood-relative.

They were killed by Phil Fumble in a dark pact for power. This pact took a long time to manifest itself - but now that it has, he is hungry for more and is insidiously worming his way into the heart of the Ritz family to do it again. He needs more power. His chin is not yet strong enough. :tinfoil:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Bobbie Wickham posted:

Droodles is adorable. Granted, I only read the text under the picture a couple of times, and in my opinion it takes away from the joke. Regardless, it's a treasure.

I don't actually bother looking at the picture. The cute, doddering little stories are the only thing I read.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

5 bucks? Wow, comic books are cheap in the USA.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

tiistai posted:

5 bucks? Wow, comic books are cheap in the USA.

Your average book from DC is about 2.99

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Wanamingo posted:

Lost Side of Suburbia

One thing I really like about LSoS that I don't really see anyone else bring up is Heckbender's characterization. He's seriously the most interesting character in the entire comic so far, and it would have been extremely easy for him not to be.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Wanamingo posted:

Zachary Nixon Johnson

This comic is so bad. I've read every single one that's been posted and it always feels like I've missed two strips in between every time I read it.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
:effort:

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Comics (April 13th 2007)

Can you spot the fake police officer?

La Cucaracha

Doonesbury

The Duplex

F-Minus

It's all of them because they aren't wearing uniforms.

Non Sequitur

---

Eyebeam (March 12th 1983)

It's All Right Chief Dharma (October 8th 2009)

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Elaine Belloc?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Wow, Sluggo will be able to afford a whole comic book with that!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mister Kingdom posted:

Elaine Belloc?
No, just a brain-eating horror child from Junji Ito.

That demon child in Rex Morgan does look suspiciously like Elaine, though.

Hot Dog Day #89
Mar 17, 2004
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Morbid Hound

ZeeToo posted:

Please make more of these.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Scary Gary

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Geech: Victory through willpower.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

Oh yeah. This other storyline.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Hel posted:

Oh , I thought was because he parked in the wrong direction just so he could drag the hose extra far to fill up his tank.
Yeah, I was thinking a cop would know which side of the car the gas tank is on. Further evidence for my reused art/lost in translation theory.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Huh. She's actually less creepy than normal.

Well, if Mary Worth said it then it must be true!

Crankshaft

There's not even an attempt at a joke here, it's just Crankshaft being a dick to his friend for no reason.

The Family Circus

Haha, it's funny because Billy thinks he'll be allowed to drive.

Marvin

Marvin can talk?

Pooch Café

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Wow, way to force your own thoughts and desires onto him. Maybe it wouldn't be much money, but you ever think he'd be happier as a garbage man? NO, YOU HAVEN'T! Besides, kid could go to college and be a Sanitation engineer. Probably good money designing waste systems.

But hell, you ain't NOTHING if you aren't a doctor or a lawyer. Just filth.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Only the doctor part holds true today anyway. The vast majority of new law grads today are screwed financially.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Johnny Aztec posted:

Wow, way to force your own thoughts and desires onto him. Maybe it wouldn't be much money, but you ever think he'd be happier as a garbage man? NO, YOU HAVEN'T! Besides, kid could go to college and be a Sanitation engineer. Probably good money designing waste systems.

But hell, you ain't NOTHING if you aren't a doctor or a lawyer. Just filth.

At least a garbage man does something of value to society, unlike a lawyer.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.
Gil

Uh yeah it wouldn't be a challenge otherwise.

Retail

Cooper is upset over the prospect of cleaning up spilled coffee just after making his personal suck up fanboy clean up literal poo poo.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

So instead of everyone being out there with him to lead by example I guess we're all just going to watch him from the window.

Dustin

"I was willing to overlook your marginal employment, your liberal arts degree and the fact that you still live with your folks, but you not being as flattering as your OKCupid photo suggests is inexcusable."

On the Fastrack

"Oh well, I'm used to that too actually."

Safe Havens

"On second thought, I'd suggest wearing the ring as little as possible before you feel like chucking it into a storm drain."

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

His Divine Shadow posted:

At least a garbage man does something of value to society, unlike a lawyer.
Hey, who do you think puts all the garbage back out onto the streets instead of in jail, eh?

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Ghostlight posted:

Hey, who do you think puts all the garbage back out onto the streets instead of in jail, eh?

I was going to say Dick Tracy, but that's more like a landfill.

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

The answer posted:

Slylock found footprints that match Smitty's footprints. Like fingerprints, footprints are unique to every individual.

Slylock Fox

Uh, Slylock owning pets would be tantamount to slavery and trafficking. I mean, we can expect that from Count Weirdly since he's got a laundry list of heinous offenses anyway but Slylock is supposed to be a paragon of virtue and moral stature.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

He's a gross shithead so he means his girlfriend.

Yo Weirdly, try entering c4ss4ndr4_1n_m41d_m4r10n_fursu1t

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

I'm going to guess his pet's name is "Doctor Worm" because I'm a TMBG fan.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Slylock Fox is a weirdo. Who names his pet "my pet's name"?

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Slylock Fox is a weirdo. Who names his pet "my pet's name"?

I thought the mouse's name was Max?
Also, if he was really desperate he would've typed in "my pet's name".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Fingerpori

Fok_It

• Locked thread