Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light

StrifeHira posted:

Truly ∀ Meijin

I at once love you and hate you for this pun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

Bloody Pom posted:

Turn ∀mazing Gundam? Hell yes. :getin:

Somewhat related, but I would love to see the main protagonist have Yuuki as a mentor.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

ActionZero posted:

I at once love you and hate you for this pun.

I couldn't help myself. It had to be done. It could have been worse.

Also, even if they're one-off display things I hope we get more obscure "reference" custom builds. Like a staff-wielding Hi-Nu/Noble hybrid kitbash... thing. :j:

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?
I've got the neverending short-pants spirit, I can't wait for Season 2.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

AradoBalanga posted:

Virsago and Ashtaron Hermit Crab were in as well. Both lost quickly (Virsago to Aila, Ashtaron HC lost during the whole "Cziommer grabs some dudes and gangs up on Fellini" sequence) to their opponents.

Virsago Chest Break was also among the units blown up with Cziommer. They even pulled a "Nii-san!" joke when it got shot.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Gundam Build Fighters series 2 info is up tomorrow at the International Tokyo Toy Show 2014.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I really hope that one in the middle is based on the Impulse. Then it can be the Impulse Bi :v:.

I'm so sorry.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Hopefully with the second season Luang Dallara (sp?) will be back with a new and improved abigorbine that will get a kit. I'd get the abrigor but I am not at the level I could make the custom split rhinoceros beetle horn myself.

I mean they can't give us 3 different build strikes again can they?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Blackchamber posted:

Hopefully with the second season Luang Dallara (sp?) will be back with a new and improved abigorbine that will get a kit. I'd get the abrigor but I am not at the level I could make the custom split rhinoceros beetle horn myself.

I mean they can't give us 3 different build strikes again can they?

Sure they can. Look at how many Strikes, RX-78s, and Zakus we've gotten so far.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?

DigitalRaven posted:

Gundam Build Fighters series 2 info is up tomorrow at the International Tokyo Toy Show 2014.

What is that one on the right? I KNOW I've seen it somewhere, this is driving me nuts.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

ProfessorProf posted:

What is that one on the right? I KNOW I've seen it somewhere, this is driving me nuts.

Fenice Reniscata? Looks it.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

AzMiLion posted:

Fenice Reniscata? Looks it.

Nah, legs are rather different.
I swear I've seen this somewhere as well. Those legs, at least.

e: They look a lot like the ones on the Banshee, actually.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

The wings and shield are remniscent of it, but it's definitely not.

chumbler posted:

I really hope that one in the middle is based on the Impulse. Then it can be the Impulse Bi :v:.[/sub]

The back shot of the Impulse is practically identical to the Strike, so it very well could be.

Caros
May 14, 2008

ProfessorProf posted:

If I didn't know it was off limits I'd say AGE related. Without it however my best guess is some sort of ZZ variant.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

It honestly looks like if you redid the Reniscata as a Unicorn suit.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It's actually shorter than the Probably Build Strike in the middle, which pretty much dashes my hopes of it being a ZZ. It's probably just a Wing variant.

What's killing me is the beam rifle, I just know I've seen something that has that kind of rifle barrel but I can't find it anywhere on dalong.

EDIT: what is foreground

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jun 12, 2014

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

everythingWasBees posted:

It honestly looks like if you redid the Reniscata as a Unicorn suit.

To make it fashionable and asymmetrical, there's a half V fin when it goes into Destroy mode.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BlitzBlast posted:

It's actually shorter than the Probably Build Strike in the middle, which pretty much dashes my hopes of it being a ZZ. It's probably just a Wing variant.

What's killing me is the beam rifle, I just know I've seen something that has that kind of rifle barrel but I can't find it anywhere on dalong.

Isn't it the Zeta's Hyper Mega Launcher?

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

TARDISman posted:

To make it fashionable and asymmetrical, there's a half V fin when it goes into Destroy mode.

No no, it will open sideways!
With one side being longer than the other!

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

StrifeHira posted:

No no, it will open sideways!
With one side being longer than the other!

As long as it's fashionable and asymmetrical.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

New BF season. In Fall.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

aers posted:

New BF season. In Fall.

Yesssss.

Caros
May 14, 2008

aers posted:

New BF season. In Fall.

Best news all day. I'd been expecting a new one some time next year, not so soon. I think its fair to say the models have been selling like hotcakes then?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Caros posted:

I think its fair to say the models have been selling like hotcakes then?

Speaking of which, where's my MG Wing Fenice Bandai? :colbert:

Caros
May 14, 2008

TaurusOxford posted:

Speaking of which, where's my MG Wing Fenice Bandai? :colbert:

Yeah, I've already had to improvise but I'd still like an official one.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

aers posted:

New BF season. In Fall.

All aboard the hype train. :getin:

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

aers posted:

New BF season. In Fall.

gently caress yeah.

Hope they match the first season.

Caros posted:

Best news all day. I'd been expecting a new one some time next year, not so soon. I think its fair to say the models have been selling like hotcakes then?

I was in japan a month ago and yeah, they were selling really well, there was some barren shelves. I never managed to find a mg universe booster or build strike :(.

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Jun 12, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Still cautiously optimistic. Really hope the composer stays the same.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

BlitzBlast posted:

EDIT: what is foreground

It's a Zeta. And for someone supposed to be a creative genius of Gunpla customization, it looks like Sei's still just building the same basic Build Strike.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
I'm 70% sure the suit in the middle is a modified God Gundam.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Monaghan posted:

gently caress yeah.

Hope they match the first season.

:lol::lol:

When has anything Gundam, nay anything Bandai had a second season as good as the first, never mind better?

At best this will be the cynical cash grab we all expected out of the first season - it made them way, WAY too much money to evade meddling from the Bandai mothership this time around so they'll demand that the creative team give us what they think we want.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Midjack posted:

When has anything Gundam, nay anything Bandai had a second season as good as the first, never mind better?

At best this will be the cynical cash grab we all expected out of the first season - it made them way, WAY too much money to evade meddling from the Bandai mothership this time around so they'll demand that the creative team give us what they think we want.

It could go either way. 00 got the hammer brought down on it by the mothership because the ratings sank and it was "un-Gundam". Build Fighters has sold like gangbusters and done a whole load of good, so it could just go as far as "Good work, more of the same".

aers
Feb 15, 2012

A ton of the animation staff have already confirmed (via twitter) they're working on the new season.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Midjack posted:

I find this attitude really annoying. Some people thought the last show was gonna be a lovely cash grab and just pre judged the gently caress out it . It looks like the same people are working on it. It's a very successful show, so why would they mess with it?

I'll be negative when there's negative news. If I eat crow fine, but I'm not gonna go "oh this is gonna suck" right off the bat.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Midjack posted:

The second season of MS IGLOO was on par with the first, if not better, and while I'm probably the odd one out, I really liked the third season (or second season, if the first season is just one split into two miniseries?), 'cause, besides the crazy death god, they had lots of awesome tanks, both in mobile suit form and not.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It's a Zeta. And for someone supposed to be a creative genius of Gunpla customization, it looks like Sei's still just building the same basic Build Strike.

Wow that... doesn't look like the silhouette at all.

Also Sei's whole thing has been under-the-hood genius since the very beginning, so I'm not sure why you're still up in arms about that. Less is more anyways.

EDIT: The SD looks different too. You know what? I think they're actually being coy and showing the SD of the Zeta variant in the preview, and the HG as the actual model. Vice-versa for the suit on the right.

Either that or the models are just prototypes.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jun 12, 2014

Caros
May 14, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

Still cautiously optimistic. Really hope the composer stays the same.

Amen to this. Honestly as far as I'm concerned I'm going to assume season two will be good until I'm proven otherwise. If its poo poo I'm going to be dissapointed no matter what, might as well have a few months of hype looking forward to it.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Monaghan posted:

I find this attitude really annoying. Some people thought the last show was gonna be a lovely cash grab and just pre judged the gently caress out it . It looks like the same people are working on it. It's a very successful show, so why would they mess with it?

I'll be negative when there's negative news. If I eat crow fine, but I'm not gonna go "oh this is gonna suck" right off the bat.

Hell, the first season had some meddling but nobody complained about that! (Hell, some of the things they added were loved, like the Gyan Ga Gyan)

I think this is gonna be fine and I think that it's way too soon to be worrying about the sky falling.

Srice fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Jun 12, 2014

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Monaghan posted:

Gonna have to agree here. This very show upended our expectations of lovely cash grab, why can't it potentially upend our expectations of lovely sequel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I mean if nothing else I imagine it will still have cool fights

• Locked thread