Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

Steve's Kurt is much more high functioning than Zack's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

door Door door posted:

Steve's Kurt is much more high functioning than Zack's.

I get the impression steve was more punishing as a DM for effects of drug use / withdrawl.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
The Don Pardo bit made me realize that you guys should next move back a few decades and do a bit with John Belushi and Gilda Radner. They would kill a Cthulhu.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
So they're summoning a shoggoth to pit it against the FBI?

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
The truth is out there.

Onomarchus
Jun 4, 2005

I didn't realize it until the very end of part 3, but I think Saved by the Yith is a better True Detective takeoff piece than the actual True Detective takeoff piece.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Limbo posted:

I would dearly love to play in a campaign with either Zack or Steve. Preferably both.

same here

Ah Map
Oct 9, 2012
Would a Servitor of Azathoth paint an Elder Sign?Serious question, cause i thought maybe it would not like the elder sign.

Limbo
Oct 4, 2006

I just like how helpful Station was being...poor guy just trying to make her happy.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Haha I liked Steve's last second query about asking Station to not destroy the police. And "He pipes on his flute in the affirmative" is my new favorite line.

IronClaymore
Jun 30, 2010

by Athanatos

Limbo posted:

And I would dearly love to play in a campaign with either Zack or Steve. Preferably both.

It could be like a charity event game. Donate X dollars to a charity of your choice and Zack will let you play in a game where he horrifically murders a character you spent months preparing, leaving you in tears.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Mojo Threepwood posted:

Haha I liked Steve's last second query about asking Station to not destroy the police. And "He pipes on his flute in the affirmative" is my new favorite line.

Loved it, loved everything about this update. Eazy-E's Bogus Journey is probably going to wrap up soon but I wish it would go on forever.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
These are some of my all-time favorite articles.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.

davidspackage posted:

These are some of my all-time favorite articles.

drat right, these updates are awesome, thanks guys!

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

quote:

Zack: Funny you should mention...because that's exactly what you will do in the upcoming 1990s Call of Cthulhu late night bikini action module, Hard Ticket to Baghdad.

This had better actually be upcoming and not just a tease. I loved this module and can't wait for the next one.

Limbo
Oct 4, 2006

Bill Clinton getting hit with sexual compulsion as an insanity , Station kicking rear end AND a shootout in front of Jim Lehrer? The perfect end to an adventure.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Station better be coming back.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Steve: After him! Can we ride Station like a horse?

Zack: Define "like a horse."

Steve: On his back.

Zack: He sort of elongates his body and yes, Left Eye and Cobain can ride on his back while he carries E in his tentacles.

That's probably my favorite part in the entire module. Holy poo poo that was awesome.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

quote:

Steve: Kurt and Station are covering their hearts with their hands.

Zack: Station does not have a heart.

Steve: I don't believe it. That guy has so much heart.

Winner!

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Haha that was a great finale! I like how E just stashed Station in a house in Compton, as "People mind their own business in Compton."

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Well that was fun. I wonder what it would have been like if the nation had lost it's insanity roll had it had been a live broadcast. It sure would explain the south.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007
I wish Robert Rodriguez would direct this.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Limbo posted:

Bill Clinton getting hit with sexual compulsion as an insanity ,

I really enjoy these sessions you guys run but this joke really made me laugh. I wish I had some kind of context as to how much five sanity is to know how bad these failed rolls are. Did Left Eye's pyromania wear off from the previous adventure to this one?

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
I like how the all-white Secret Service agents can't tell the difference between Left Eye and Janet Jackson. Nasty, boys.

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009
New random hook generator!

Strange Happenings
One of the investigators receive a letter from Sir Mix-a-lot. He is afraid that he has stumbled into a conspiracy involving a butt too big for the human mind to comprehend. Before the investigators can reach him, he is murdered, flattened into the floor almost as if a giant butt crushed him.

This is the best thing. :allears:

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

I love the weird 90's.

Onomarchus
Jun 4, 2005

The contest read my mind. I've been hankering for fanart of Station and the gang (especially Station). Even the name "Station" seems like a stroke of brilliance. (Perhaps it is his true name, and intuiting it invoked his true friendship.)

I can't help suspecting that association with Station is what led Kurt Cobain to suicide, Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes to a fatal car crash, and Easy-E to, um, the AIDS virus. Then again maybe the subtext of the series from the get-go was that contact with this sort of stuff in general is what did it.

Krinkle posted:

I really enjoy these sessions you guys run but this joke really made me laugh. I wish I had some kind of context as to how much five sanity is to know how bad these failed rolls are. Did Left Eye's pyromania wear off from the previous adventure to this one?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_Eye#Personal_life

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Zack posted:

Please submit your entires to me...

Woah, there, Zack, I think you've been staring too long into the abyss.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

So I made an entry before the contest was changed to wrestlers and Cthulhu, is that entry no loner valid?

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

djwetmouse posted:

So I made an entry before the contest was changed to wrestlers and Cthulhu, is that entry no loner valid?

It is literally impossible to tell whether you are joking because internet, but in case you aren't:

"The artwork doesn't have to be from the module, any 1990s Cthulhu artwork is great, from your own original 1990s Cthulhu ideas to scenes from the past Call of Cobain adventures, random hooks from the Lollapaloozicon, or inspiring cover art for Hard Ticket to Baghdad."

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat

quote:

In Call of Cthulhu it's not really an either/or deal. If something wants to turn you into a head on bug legs, it's going to happen.

As someone who played a character to whom this happened, I can swear to you all that the above statement is absolutely true.

door Door door
Feb 26, 2006

Fugee Face

Just wanna say I wholly approve of the image on page six.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
It's a little hard to understand what's going on, but whatever it is looks creepy and cool.

BTW, you guys should absolutely play you some TORG. If you watch Rick and Morty, the "Ball-Fondlers" show with the lizard guy in the white suit firing an assault rifle from a helicopter could easily take place in the world of TORG.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
What's to understand? The Nazis have their own arcane wolfy organization thing going on, but the ancient stuff it's making use of has nothing to do with wolves, or anything else conprehensible by human minds. The key to horror is the unknown - the common source of all fear.

Speaking of which: that ending. Awwwwesoooooooome. When Steve can't make a crack about something, you know it's done it's job.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW
Zack and Steve mentioned the show "Collage Attack". So searching for "call of cobain" on YouTube turned up a two-part recording of the show. It turns out the "Collage Attack" show has its own theme song.

I must own a copy of this song.

Any goons know where it is available or who performs it?

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

Cool contest, congrats to everyone. Really love the one with the jeep.

Onomarchus
Jun 4, 2005

Suicide Sam E. posted:

Zack and Steve mentioned the show "Collage Attack". So searching for "call of cobain" on YouTube turned up a two-part recording of the show. It turns out the "Collage Attack" show has its own theme song.

I must own a copy of this song.

Any goons know where it is available or who performs it?

"Safety Scissors"
(Theme from Collage Attack!)

Music by Tod Pronto
Written by Kevin Paquet
Performed by Tod Pronto

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Onomarchus posted:

"Safety Scissors"
(Theme from Collage Attack!)

Music by Tod Pronto
Written by Kevin Paquet
Performed by Tod Pronto

Thanks!

Apparently the song was commissioned and is not available for sale. :(

http://www.todpronto.com/

I would buy it if I could.

Onomarchus
Jun 4, 2005

Suicide Sam E. posted:

Thanks!

Apparently the song was commissioned and is not available for sale. :(

http://www.todpronto.com/

I would buy it if I could.

There's a longer-than-normal cut of it at the end of episode 7, which is when I think it debuted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvPhPiT-skU&t=1610s

Collage Attack!
Collage Attack!
Cuttin' up stuff today.

Collage Attack!
Collage Attack!
Don't you dare throw it away!

Get your scissors, get your glue,
Get your punk rock attituuuuuude!

Collage Attack!
Collage Attack!
Cuttin' up stuff today.

Collage Attack!
Collage Attack!
Don't you dare throw it away!

Making new stuff out of old stuff,
It's the American waaaaaay!

Collage Attack!
Collage Attack!
All up in yo' face!

Collage Attack!
Collage Attack!
Let's attack some collages today.

Collage Attack!
Collage Attack!
Let's attack some collages todaaaaaaaaay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
It's interesting that you guys used Daoloth as the antagonist in the adventure (as much as there was an antagonist). I don't recall any other published Mythos game material that does so. I recall from Call of Cthulhu that Daoloth was one of the few Outer Gods who didn't seem actively malevolent. He only showed up if specifically summoned and he pretty much functioned as an interdimensional travel agency. Sure, all those other dimension are mostly unlivable hellholes, but that's not his problem. Plus, he doesn't demand weird awful sacrifices if you worship him. Instead, he grants you cool traveling spells. He's like a cosmic Anthony Bourdain without the long-windiness or eating obsession.

Edit: I rechecked my CoC material. If you wanted to, you guys could send Betty to an alternate dimension forward in time and assume she closed her eyes and otherwise didn't look at Daoloth too much. You could have her be a Cthulhu-fighting Agent Carter type fighting in a world where the Nazi-mythoids took over.

johntfs fucked around with this message at 14:47 on May 16, 2014

• Locked thread