Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

frajaq posted:

That poor giraffe

Why would you post that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
Because it's funny

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
I agree, that is a funny thing.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
as do I, but I'm relatively hosed in the head, so take that as you will

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

how about if it's got something bleeding in it we just put it behind a link or something?

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Discount Dracula posted:

Is that a water mark-asin?

I laughed entirely too hard at this.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Trebuchet King posted:

how about if it's got something bleeding in it we just put it behind a link or something?

no way man how will we post pix of chicks now?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Trebuchet King posted:

im on the left

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

Wasn't this one of the bosses in Shadow of the Colossus?

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Vorpal Cat posted:

Wasn't this one of the bosses in Shadow of the Colossus?

Reminds me more of the Fortune boss from Persona 3:

hackedaccount
Sep 28, 2009

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

This may be the funniest picture so far. I had no idea this could ever be a problem pilots would have to face.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Solice Kirsk posted:

This may be the funniest picture so far. I had no idea this could ever be a problem pilots would have to face.

The other problem airlines have in Africa is finding baggage handlers who can outrun the lions.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The other problem airlines have in Africa is finding baggage handlers who can outrun the lions.

Now this is a thing where I had no idea this could ever be a problem pilots would have to face.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
They used to have a problem with ants eating all the food in the airport cafeteria so they brought in some aardvarks to keep their numbers down but then they were overrun with aardvarks so they brought in some giraffes to chase the aardvarks away but then they were overrun with giraffes (and planes kept running into them) so they brought in some lions ....

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
All this could have been avoided if they built hangars.
Won't you please help African airports by donating today?

(This message paid for by USA AFRICA Airlines)

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Dead animals are hilarious. hee hoo ha ha

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Met posted:

Dead animals are hilarious. hee hoo ha ha

:tipshat:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Well, it's pretty obvious to me that planes need razor-sharp leading wing-edges to combat this giraffe menace.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Well, it's pretty obvious to me that planes need razor-sharp leading wing-edges to combat this giraffe menace.

gif is a bunch of pictures.

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 16:36 on May 16, 2014

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Yeah, and then the giraffe's head gets to spend two minutes still alive panicking on the ground wondering why its in pain and can't move. You know how much blood half a giraffe's neck can hold?

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

RandomFerret posted:

Yeah, and then the giraffe's head gets to spend two minutes still alive panicking on the ground wondering why its in pain and can't move. You know how much blood half a giraffe's neck can hold?

I don't think that makes a difference in how long the animal will remain conscious after decapitation because there's not going to be any circulation through the brain in any case. It would be dead in a few seconds just like anything else.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Depends on which way it falls. If it lands on its side with the carotid artery sticking up, gravity could be enough to keep it flowing for a bit.

Hang on, I need to model this out in matlab.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Re Kangaroos:

The way the males fight for dorminance is literally to try to push, punch and kick eachother over then strangle them either to death or into submission. That is why they are loving ripped because whoever can strangle the most effectively lives to breed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jt1C9qmuh_g For instance.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Drone_Fragger posted:

Re Kangaroos:

The way the males fight for dorminance is literally to try to push, punch and kick eachother over then strangle them either to death or into submission. That is why they are loving ripped because whoever can strangle the most effectively lives to breed.

This sounds like management at my workplace.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Dick Trauma posted:

This sounds like management at my workplace.

Kindergarten?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Modern Day Hercules posted:

I don't think that makes a difference in how long the animal will remain conscious after decapitation because there's not going to be any circulation through the brain in any case. It would be dead in a few seconds just like anything else.

I think the human head can remain alive for like 8 seconds after decapitation. The internet says 15 to 20 seconds, but I'm going off a test during the French revolution on how long a guillotine victim was able to blink his eyes. I can't find the study now, but I think it was 8 seconds.

Obviously you need some pretty lovely circumstances to carry out those kinds of experiments so there may be some disagreement on their methodology. Peer review is just murder.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

"Yeah, I see you over there with the camera, mate. Just walk away or you're next!" :toughguy:

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.

My wife calls that "an Einstein."

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Krispy Kareem posted:

I think the human head can remain alive for like 8 seconds after decapitation. The internet says 15 to 20 seconds, but I'm going off a test during the French revolution on how long a guillotine victim was able to blink his eyes. I can't find the study now, but I think it was 8 seconds.

Obviously you need some pretty lovely circumstances to carry out those kinds of experiments so there may be some disagreement on their methodology. Peer review is just murder.

Well with all the issues lately with lethal injection, we got plenty of folks ready to test it out down in Texas.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Krispy Kareem posted:

That study never actually happened, but the rumor usually cites that it was performed by (on?) Antoine Lavoisier, an 18th century French scientist. The Straight Dope re-ran an article about this topic just yesterday.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

PFY deathpenalty.txt

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Chinese bootleg DVD.

Red_October_7000
Jun 22, 2009

NoneMoreNegative posted:

The F-104 interceptor had sharpened leading edges on their wings. They were literally last-ditch melee weapons intended for use against nuclear-armed bombers; the guided missiles of the day were not very good, and it only carried two missiles. An attack of this nature would be made against the tail surfaces. A few things to note in regards to this; sharpened wings are not very good as wings per say, the F-104 flew more on the "anything will fly if you fling it hard enough" principle; it had what is known as a "supercritical" wing, which generates lift only at certain airspeeds and is very thin overall. There were sets of sheaths for the wings to protect ground crew from injury by walking into the wings. :science:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Thank you for the suggestion, Bertolli. Wine just goes perfectly with this TV dinner.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Thank you for the suggestion, Bertolli. Wine just goes perfectly with this TV dinner.

To be fair, enough wine will make a TV dinner way more palatable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EdibleBodyParts
Dec 27, 2005
Body Parts...that are edible

...but...

Aww.

• Locked thread