Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Rabbit Hill posted:

If you haven't seen Timothy Dalton's AV Club interview....well, now you have no excuse.

He seems absolutely lovely. :allears: I'll watch Penny Dreadful just for him.

Timothy Dalton is a magical human being. Really looking forward to checking out Penny Dreadful when the school quarter ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While they didn't pick up the current version, the CW still wants to do a spin off of Supernatural.

kaynorr
Dec 31, 2003

muscles like this? posted:

While they didn't pick up the current version, the CW still wants to do a spin off of Supernatural.

I always thought that the "kid inherits golem, learns valuable lessons about growing up while fighting Nazi blood wizards" was an awesome potential spinoff. It can keep enough of the Supernatural DNA (buddy road trip vibe, monster hunting) while going off on its own thing as well.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

DivisionPost posted:

My Dad loves horror set in turn-of-the-century England and has a healthy respect for the monsters of old. I can't wait for him to see this; that last scene in particular is such an awesome representation/reveal of the Frankenstein story.

The second episode has some awesome stuff with em too, with another great reveal.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

kaynorr posted:

I always thought that the "kid inherits golem, learns valuable lessons about growing up while fighting Nazi blood wizards" was an awesome potential spinoff. It can keep enough of the Supernatural DNA (buddy road trip vibe, monster hunting) while going off on its own thing as well.

I honestly have no idea why they're considering creating something new again when this is an option. Or you know, The Castiel and Crowley buddy hour. Or Gabriel's Punk'd. Or Spike, Cordy and the Manwitch in a roommate comedy. Or whatever. They have plenty of minor/background characters to work with and they pulled out a shotty pseudo Dresden Files knockoff with no one we've ever heard of in it? Ugh. I'm just glad it didn't get picked up.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Maybe the spinoff will be where each episode is one of the myriad volumes of Busty Asian Beauties.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

They should do a spinoff starring all the female characters they've had to write off the show due to fangirl jealousy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

zoux posted:

They should do a spinoff starring all the female characters they've had to write off the show due to fangirl jealousy.

They're all dead.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh yeah I forgot about the ironclad "once they're dead they're gone forever" rule in Supernatural.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

zoux posted:

I'd actually be hella okay with this, but Lauren Conrad is a little busy with the Walking Dead these days, and Genevive Padalecki (nee Cortese) doesn't seem to be acting much these days in roles beyond Mom and pregnant. I guess they could get another "host" for Ruby, but I'd prefer the Ellen and Jo kickin rear end and takin names show anyway. Those two would have been perfect for a spinoff, if they wanted to maintain the "Saving people, Hunting things, the Family business" vibe. Alas...

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

zoux posted:

I've done my best to watch up through season 8 and kept myself completely ignorant of anything the internet has to say about the show, do I even want to know about this?

Aphrodite posted:

They're all dead.

Even Nerd Queen Felicia Day?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

raditts posted:

She's not one of the shunted off ones.

raditts posted:

I've done my best to watch up through season 8 and kept myself completely ignorant of anything the internet has to say about the show, do I even want to know about this?

Then you're already scene it. Jo is the big one.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

raditts posted:

Hmmm well the fandom thinks that Jared and Jensen, both married men, are in sham marriages and are actually in love gay bros. Also, one time a bunch of jealous fangirls got Jensen Ackles' wife kicked out of a con by lying to security and telling them she was a stalker.

Aphrodite posted:

She's not one of the shunted off ones.

Then you're already scene it. Jo is the big one.

Jo and Bella and both Rubies and probably Dean's baby momma too.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

cool kids inc. posted:

I'd actually be hella okay with this, but Lauren Conrad is a little busy with the Walking Dead these days, and Genevive Padalecki (nee Cortese)

I sincerely want to punch the first wikipedia editor who decided to use "nee" instead of "born" or "from" in the face. Its just so goddamn unnecessary.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's french bro.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
We speak English, mec.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

First known use: 1758. Man Wikipedia is old.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Aphrodite posted:

Was just going to say this, beaten by seconds.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Irish Joe posted:

I sincerely want to punch the first wikipedia editor who decided to use "nee" instead of "born" or "from" in the face. Its just so goddamn unnecessary.

It's used to indicate a person's birth name, and it predates Wikipedia by a long long time. Sorry you don't like words, I guess.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

raditts posted:

It's used to indicate a person's birth name, and it predates Wikipedia by a long long time. Sorry you don't like words, I guess.

All I'm saying is that its an unnecessary affectation when "born," an English word, would suffice. Forgive me for seeking lingual efficiency!

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Penny Dreadful is pretty awesome and Hartnett starts off with a mustache disguising his mustache. The rest of the cast is great, Eva Greene and Timothy Dalton.
Following Showtime logic - a great first season, and then just a dip in quality until it becomes unwatchable

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
TV IV Couch Chat née General Discussion

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Irish Joe posted:

All I'm saying is that its an unnecessary affectation when "born," an English word, would suffice. Forgive me for seeking lingual efficiency!

Cause English never borrows words ever. Also she's not from Cortese, it was her maiden name. It takes fewer letters to type in nee so there's your efficiency for you.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Wikipedia nee Oxford English Dictionary.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Why do you keep responding to that distended bollock?

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Why do you keep responding to that distended bollock?

I think you mean bloated testicle.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

JohnSherman posted:

I think you mean bloated testicle.

Silence! Or we'll have you defenestrated!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Hey look Syfy's doing a scifi show!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpDVwfiLNRM

Whoa they're doing two!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRcXUSooNtQ

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oddly enough Dominion is a sequel series to the 2010 horror movie Legion. The one about God decided to kill humanity by sending a bunch of Angels.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
That film was a bad film.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its also four years old so I don't know who thought it desperately needed a sequel.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

muscles like this? posted:

Its also four years old so I don't know who thought it desperately needed a sequel.

Who thought that STARGATE needed 17 years of elaboration?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

soapgish posted:

Who thought that STARGATE needed 17 years of elaboration?

Certainly not me.

It needed more! :smith:

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

zoux posted:

Hey look Syfy's doing a scifi show!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpDVwfiLNRM

Is that a complete Saturn V in some sort of spacedock? Because that makes zero loving sense. But I'll probably still watch an episode or two at my own peril.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

PittTheElder posted:

Is that a complete Saturn V in some sort of spacedock? Because that makes zero loving sense. But I'll probably still watch an episode or two at my own peril.

It looks like they built a giant-rear end spaceship around a Saturn V.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Dominion could easily be better than the movie, and Ascension looks actually interesting...but then again so did Helix.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Jingleheimer posted:

I've been rewatching Farscape lately and I just wanted to remind you guys that it is a very good show that doesn't get the love it deserves.

Dude read my posts. Been waving "its the best sci fi show of all time" flag for yeeeeaaars.

Need additional evidence about Penny Dreadful being any good. Please report.

EDIT: gently caress, just remembered the Twilight Zone. Amend my first sentence to one of the best sci fi shows of all time.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Precision likes it so probably not shag

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

zoux posted:

Hmmm well the fandom thinks that Jared and Jensen, both married men, are in sham marriages and are actually in love gay bros. Also, one time a bunch of jealous fangirls got Jensen Ackles' wife kicked out of a con by lying to security and telling them she was a stalker.

Jo and Bella and both Rubies and probably Dean's baby momma too.

Even the sane fans get annoyed about all the potential love interests. We all know that the Winchesters aren't going to stop and settle down until the show is about to get cancelled. You could skip past all the flashbacks with Sam's girlfriend without missing anything. All it lead to was Sam and Dean being mad at each other. Again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

Precision likes it so probably not shag

gently caress you.

• Locked thread