Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I nailed both Final Jeopardy answers. I can't believe neither of them got Silence of the Lambs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I got hung up trying to think of the comedy since I figured those nabbing best actor/actress are more rare and easier to narrow down but failed because As Good As It Gets is such a forgettable movie.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
NOOO GOD DAMMIT KEN YOU WERE SO CLOSE!

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

drat, that was a sad ending. If only Roger didn't miss his daily double or if Ken didn't miss FJ. :(

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So I take it Bred won. gently caress, not even gonna watch

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
gently caress you James Buchanan for existing.

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
The loving satellite cut out because it's raining! What was the question?!

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

Snorb posted:

It was the hardest drat question I have seen. "Which 2 Secretaries of State were never married?"

Ken lost. :(

(the answer was Buchanan and Rice)

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
What a finish. Can't say Brad didn't deserve the win, and it's hard to argue against him as the best player of all time at this point. And I say that as KenJen's biggest fan.

That tournament was just ridiculously entertaining. Gonna be weird going back to regular games on Monday. Anyone else see that promo with Arthur?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Snorb posted:

These two Secretary's of State, serving 160 years apart are the only two to remain unmarried.

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
Thanks-- things cleared up in time to show us the answers. (including "GREAT GAME GUYS")

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
I don't remember Ken having a lisp.

cf1140
Jun 28, 2008
I'm team Rutter and glad this happened. I was hoping for a classic Bread and Rutter beatdown, but at least Ken didn't win.

I got this FJ just by remembering Buchanan was a bachelor and assumed he might have been an earlier secretary of state.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
I hope he wrecks his new Porsche :mad:

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

gently caress you Brad ughhhh Ken why, why?????

I am seriously depressed right now you guys. :( :( :( :(

Ken, you'll still be #1 in my heart.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

cf1140 posted:

I got this FJ just by remembering Buchanan was a bachelor and assumed he might have been an earlier secretary of state.

Yeah, this is how I ended up with the answer. "One has to be Condi, because people think she's gay...oh, everyone thinks Buchanan was gay and he was unmarried and he would have possibly been Secretary of State about 160 years before her."

I was shocked Ken didn't get it, considering he had Buchanan. He would have had to have been Secretary of State two decades before he became president to come 160 years before Albright.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
I got it because I figured Buchanan had been secretary of state (he was practically everything else, after all), and knew he was a bachelor, so just counted forward from there.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

gently caress Brad Rutter

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
It's not like Ken really even needs that money. It doesn't matter what Brad does, he will never be Ken. And he knows that.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

The last two weeks have been Jeopardy heaven and I don't know if I can go back to regular play. At least the current champion is pretty good at the game. It would be silly for them to do a Battle of the Decades every year (watch Ken and Brad win more money!) but I could stand to see them do some sort of elite-tier games for a few weeks of summer. Better that than Celebrity Jeopardy most of the time.

Perfidus posted:

It's not like Ken really even needs that money. It doesn't matter what Brad does, he will never be Ken. And he knows that.

That was Brad's contestant story today, after all. :unsmith:

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

Michael Pineda just couldn't stay healthy...
Why do people hate Brad so much?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Screen Door Slams posted:

Which anecdote did you find more endearing? His attempt to start a sitcom about a pub quiz team, or him wrecking his Porsche and wanting to win the tournament to buy a new one?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

jscolon2.0 posted:

him wrecking his Porsche and wanting to win the tournament to buy a new one?

This is actually great and why I'm glad he won

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Screen Door Slams posted:

I don't hate him, but I find him a lot less endearing than Jennings. He seems really manic in his appearances in the show, his jokes are a lot less funny than he thinks they are, and he has the annoying habit of retweeting all his "haters." Can't help but respect his game, though.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

zakharov posted:

I don't hate him, but I find him a lot less endearing than Jennings. He seems really manic in his appearances in the show, his jokes are a lot less funny than he thinks they are, and he has the annoying habit of retweeting all his "haters." Can't help but respect his game, though.

All of his haters? poo poo. I thought I was special.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
This guy today was such a dumbass. If he just kept his mouth shut on questions he clearly had no idea about he would have run away with it. And that was such a stupid final jeopardy bet haha.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This guy today was such a dumbass. If he just kept his mouth shut on questions he clearly had no idea about he would have run away with it. And that was such a stupid final jeopardy bet haha.

I'm not gonna call him dumb, because he clearly knew a lot of stuff, but he he really should have STAYED CLAM.

Nice to get an easy FJ after the last two brutal weeks.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
oh jesus gently caress :wtc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHzWVJ46-Hc

Cool Cherry Cream
Jun 15, 2013
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3626568/

imdb page posted:

Cast
Tay Zonday....Watson (voice)
:wtc:

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Whatever, Bull from Night Court is in it, so it owns.

(That girl's name is "Asia"?)

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Julia is gonna be the next Ken Jennings isn't she

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
It's been like a day and a half and I'm still mad about that guy's $600 FJ bet. I'm glad he handed Julia a free win but what were you thinking

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Soothing Vapors posted:

It's been like a day and a half and I'm still mad about that guy's $600 FJ bet. I'm glad he handed Julia a free win but what were you thinking

He tweeted that he screwed up his math.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Did Julia let out a "Yesss" under her breath when she hit the daily double today? That was kind of funny. I think she did it yesterday too.

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!

Christ, that is loving awful.

yourafagpleasedie
Jun 27, 2013

by zen death robot
Julia could be hot if she lost about 40 pounds. what a waste.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

yourafagpleasedie posted:

The giant of jeopardy

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Well that was a trainwreck of an episode. Clues that I got that none of the contestants did: Texas A&M, Miami, Edwin Stanton, Phil Gramm, passenger pigeons, and the Milky Way.

And why why why WHY would you bet $200 on a Daily Double when you're down by a lot and Alex has said there's less than a minute to go? Even if she'd gotten it right, she would have no chance of winning. BET TO WIN

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

yourafagpleasedie posted:

:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yourafagpleasedie
Jun 27, 2013

by zen death robot

Don't pull your gay rear end goon logic with me. Sorry truth hurts.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)