Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
EQ: Celebrating 15 years of spite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Stanos posted:

EQ: Celebrating 15 years of spite

This. Is. :soe:

(Now back to League of Legends)

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

MrTheDevious posted:

NP, let me know if you need help with anything! Reinstalling now because I'm an awful person and I hate myself. I can solo carry you through absolutely anything up to CoTF that you need.

Aside- Ignore all the RoI people in the thread! We've somehow picked up a lot of them. Dem other forums be dwindling :3: They'll lead you astray and make you believe winning is fun. Winning raids isn't fun. Wiping raids and having a super secret chat channel where the non-shitlords bitch about the shitlords is the only reason to play EQ now :smugdog:

Psh, RoI is the de-facto goon guild at this point. More active players and thread posters than any other guild!

We're certainly doing enough wiping right now. It just took a dev designing a raid specifically to gently caress with us with no shits about it being impossible for everyone else.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Qxx is too busy being a father to post, or some other excuse like that.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

jetz0r posted:

Psh, RoI is the de-facto goon guild at this point. More active players and thread posters than any other guild!

We're certainly doing enough wiping right now. It just took a dev designing a raid specifically to gently caress with us with no shits about it being impossible for everyone else.

Hey, we got it to 85% once! and probably won't attempt it again until it's nerfed or we run out of other things to kill

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

MrTheDevious posted:

NP, let me know if you need help with anything! Reinstalling now because I'm an awful person and I hate myself. I can solo carry you through absolutely anything up to CoTF that you need.
Ahaha. Get sucked back in, sucker. :)

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Kod this isn't the LoL thread you stupid idiot

For real though, hope you're safe and in a good place. If you stay, we could use you and wk1 is pretty dang fun for knights.

Same rules apply as before, ignore all leaders and just read tank chat.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 18:56 on May 14, 2014

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Hahah yeah I'm back home in LR now. I patched, just haven't logged in yet. Was about to, but Ffalin wanted to play League once he finished whatever HA he's doing :3:

Not gonna lie, hearing Vaft and RBD quit and Omin/Edge came back gave me a pretty big EQ boner.

Zliz - is your UI updated I hope? It's so drat good I can't play with anything else now :(

Edit ^^^ Not like I'd do anything else. I'll make us cool people a new and improved tank chat that excludes the idiots soon :smugdog:

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 02:36 on May 15, 2014

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

MrTheDevious posted:

Hahah yeah I'm back home in LR now. I patched, just haven't logged in yet. Was about to, but Ffalin wanted to play League once he finished whatever HA he's doing :3:

You didn't have gchat on autojoin yet, you scrublord.

Oh my god, gently caress this loving PoWar raid. We need to beat it as a gently caress you to the dev team that would push something like this live.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

jetz0r posted:

You didn't have gchat on autojoin yet, you scrublord.

Oh my god, gently caress this loving PoWar raid. We need to beat it as a gently caress you to the dev team that would push something like this live.

I'd be a lot more mad if it wasn't Ellyria who designed it, because drat. That rear end.

https://twitter.com/juliebeeSD/status/259025106439901184/photo/1

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

I log in = guild immediately finishes a new raid :smugdog:

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

MrTheDevious posted:

I log in = guild immediately finishes a new raid :smugdog:

Did you balance the two down, or burn down Findle and throw pets and bodies at Mordaur?

And grats on the title!

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Balanced. Wiped twice, once while I figured out what the gently caress was going on, then a second time when some shitlord nuked the whole raid because he didn't run. Third time was flawless with me and another SK swapping Findle while we balanced them down. Then we oneshot xorbb2 first try for a second title :v: That raid has to be a joke or something.

Got xorbb3 down to 45 first try before we lost control of adds, but it'll drop on Sunday and we'll be T3 finally. Test guild is ENTIRELY different now that RBD and certain others are gone.

PILSNER I NEED YOUR UI SIR. PLEASE.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

MrTheDevious posted:

now that RBD and certain others are gone.

I am seriously happy for you guys. I hope he was chased out, but I'm guessing he quit.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

MrTheDevious posted:

Balanced. Wiped twice, once while I figured out what the gently caress was going on, then a second time when some shitlord nuked the whole raid because he didn't run. Third time was flawless with me and another SK swapping Findle while we balanced them down. Then we oneshot xorbb2 first try for a second title :v: That raid has to be a joke or something.

Got xorbb3 down to 45 first try before we lost control of adds, but it'll drop on Sunday and we'll be T3 finally. Test guild is ENTIRELY different now that RBD and certain others are gone.

PILSNER I NEED YOUR UI SIR. PLEASE.

Xorbb2 is the rewards for beating xorbb1.

Check your UIerrors file in the eq dir, then copy those fields from the normal eqanimations file to your zilz-UI version.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Node posted:

I am seriously happy for you guys. I hope he was chased out, but I'm guessing he quit.

He apparently had his monthly I KNOW EVERYONE HATES ME pity party and this time everyone just agreed, so he quit hahahaha. Really wish I'd been around to see it :allears: Whole guild is happier than I've seen it since back when we first formed and were killing VoA targets. Came back to find good people in charge, the same solid warrior crew we already had, a REALLY nice cleric lineup, DPS that actually tries to do more than 13k :effort: DPS and calling it good, and of course shittacular knights, but you can't have everything.

Thanks for UIerror mention illa. I spent a solid 45 mins last night googling for a debug log and nobody else mentioned it so I just started mashing random Sparxxx and Zliz stuff together :v:

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Here you go, updated ZlizUI with tradeskill auto-combine and up to 30 short duration buffs.

http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=6417

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

God, that Lisandra person who always spams general is a tremendous human being.

That's my story.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Your forums account has been permanently suspended due to: account hopping to avoid suspension.

I sent the mods an email asking why my main account was banned (I really don't know what it was, my only guess was quoting someone whining about the abrupt downtime and posting a gif of George Takei laughing) and they never responded. But at least they are good at monitoring IP addresses.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Pilsner posted:

Here you go, updated ZlizUI with tradeskill auto-combine and up to 30 short duration buffs.

http://www.eqinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=6417

MY HERO :allears: Thanks for real. I was using a cobbled together mishmash of Sparx and pieces of yours and it just wasn't the same as my precious ZlizUI

Lisandra is one of the few people lovely enough to be refused admittance to our scrublord Test guild on one character, allowed to play a healer instead, then run out of the guild on that class too. Then he went to FV and joined a raid guild for a bit, then they booted him and now he just acts like a douche in Test general 23 hours a day. General is pretty much only worth trolling.

^^ Did you even post anything with the second forum acct, or did they ban you just for asking why you were suspended?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

MrTheDevious posted:

^^ Did you even post anything with the second forum acct, or did they ban you just for asking why you were suspended?

I didn't post anything with the second account, I just used it to browse after I got banned. Then I woke up, and next day, :cb: permaban. There is always an email they tell you to use if you want to appeal your ban, which I used and didn't even ask for an appeal, I just was curious which post it was. But they didn't answer that, they just want to keep me away from the forums they take so seriously.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

My fairly new laptop exploded upon using Pilsner's new UI and zoning into guild lobby. Clearly something EQ related is to blame, so I choose Pilsner :colbert:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Did they ever do anything with those giant doors to 'somewhere' in Nexus or were they just never mentioned again and forgotten about?

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Kod that sucks. We killed xorbb! On to chelsith, seems pretty straight forward and farmable, we got to the second snake man. Tanks were too slow to pick up after a kite emote and he shredded half the raid in seconds. If we can trivialize t3 and some of cotf we won't have to touch t1 or t2 ever again. HoF also seems stupid easy but we'll see.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

darkhand posted:

Kod that sucks. We killed xorbb! On to chelsith, seems pretty straight forward and farmable, we got to the second snake man. Tanks were too slow to pick up after a kite emote and he shredded half the raid in seconds. If we can trivialize t3 and some of cotf we won't have to touch t1 or t2 ever again. HoF also seems stupid easy but we'll see.

You need to bust rear end in HoF 2. You're on a short timer, tanks need to pick up the right mobs and melee/casters need to dps the correct mobs down fast.

Chelsith is easily farmable but if people are retarded and don't follow emotes the snakes will begin to hit too hard and AE the raid to death.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

darkhand posted:

It's all good hahaha. Lenovo recalled my SLI and they're happy to let me fix it myself, so I should be back by Thursday (maybe Tuesday). Talked to Ffalin late last night after I got the Walmart shitbox up and running, heard X3 ate poo poo, looking forward to telling Sheamous to stick it with his "Don't even try it after the nerf" bullshit in General :v:

Tell Feid and Pheno if you get a chance. I didn't ditch, laptop just went explode :emo:

^^ LoB's tanks are our strong area by far. We destroy all tank-centric raids. This is obviously due to me and Wiji. (It really is. We totally fail because of our DPS, which is much stronger now than when I quit to go to Chile. Me, Wiji, and one other Warrior carry poo poo like you wouldn't believe)

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 20:49 on May 19, 2014

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

We got strong backs :smugdog:

That's why I made a poo poo berserker alt. Relax and kill stuff with someone else tanking, if I explode, oh well.

I think about 10 people in the guild carry everyone else, is that comparable to non-RoI live guilds?

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

darkhand posted:

We got strong backs :smugdog:

That's why I made a poo poo berserker alt. Relax and kill stuff with someone else tanking, if I explode, oh well.

I think about 10 people in the guild carry everyone else, is that comparable to non-RoI live guilds?

I don't know personally but my best guess is it can vary from two groups, to half the raid that can carry an entire raid for guilds like that. Unfortunately that probably means they raid like, 4 nights a week.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Shadows and HoF3 are both Elegist raids, like Xorbb3. So make sure you turn on voice acting the first time to get all the storyline stuff!

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Node posted:

I don't know personally but my best guess is it can vary from two groups, to half the raid that can carry an entire raid for guilds like that. Unfortunately that probably means they raid like, 4 nights a week.

Haha I just thought about it but you guys raid less hours than us:psyduck:. Casual guild my rear end.

That's what I try to get through to people. If you hunker down to raid without everyone having to "afk" every 10minutes we could kill more poo poo in less time and be done raiding. Then you can afk all you want. It's more work to actually slack off than to do poo poo correctly.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

darkhand posted:

Haha I just thought about it but you guys raid less hours than us:psyduck:. Casual guild my rear end.

That's what I try to get through to people. If you hunker down to raid without everyone having to "afk" every 10minutes we could kill more poo poo in less time and be done raiding. Then you can afk all you want. It's more work to actually slack off than to do poo poo correctly.

All eight current CotF raids are on farm status and takes three hours to complete every Sunday. The Plane of War raid is an entirely different matter and made me realize that waking up and drinking Monster to keep myself awake five days a week is a Bad Idea.

StickOnTattoos
May 5, 2006
Lick it and stick it

darkhand posted:

No. Can't imagine any raid succeeding with only 10 people paying attention.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

StickOnTattoos posted:

No. Can't imagine any raid succeeding with only 10 people paying attention.

Maybe some ntov dragons. If the people not paying attention are either autoattacking, hitting a spell macro, or healing the main tank, I guess that could happen.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Node posted:

Maybe some ntov dragons. If the people not paying attention are either autoattacking, hitting a spell macro, or healing the main tank, I guess that could happen.

LoB is walking proof that you'd be absolutely shocked at how far a guild can be carried by just a couple people.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Node posted:

You mean the ntov dragons that can be beaten with 1 person paying attention to his mage boxes?

Poistiant
Aug 22, 2006
My guild I would say about 1/3 of the raid pay attention, so that's what you need to shoot for to clear CoTF.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

jetz0r posted:

You mean the ntov dragons that can be beaten with 1 person paying attention to his mage boxes?

This is how we beat it.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

jetz0r posted:

Mike is an exception to the rule. Every rule.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

The way our guild functions, you'd think casters couldn't move at all, just stay rooted to the banner while auras, rampages, and whatever else just comes flying at them. They just stand valiantly casting until they die, or miraculously the boss falls over from attrition.

ABC Always be casting
Mordaur is summoning me? *keep castin!*
*dead*
I'm standing in lava? *keep castin*
*dead*
I'm standing in the middle of Evantil tree where I can easily be trapped???*keep castin*
*trapped!*
Where's a good place to stand here? On top of Zeixshi-Kar sounds good *keep castin*
*rampaged*

Is this how you play a casters? I'm pretty sure you have like shield of fate as a nice defensive for unavoidable stuff like Mordaur's summon, can fd pot/fade after his first round. You can easily see most of the battle field from range so I have no idea how'd you have such bad situational awareness, it makes no sense.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 08:35 on May 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
You guys make me wish I was at raid level. I'm not the best raider ever or anything, but holy poo poo. I pull in Sky on P99, and back during WoW I was near the top of the charts for my 25 man guild, even though my spec wasn't the strongest. MMOs aren't that though. Just move around while press botanz, listen to raid leaders. Everyone fucks up some, but geez.