Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I stopped by Target today and they had lots of Swerves and Cosmoses and some Beast Hunters on clearance. I almost bought an Abominus for $8 but decided against it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

I'm going to feel like a loving tool if they get bunch of the Swerve/Cosmos wave around here after months of :supaburn:, only for them to shelfwarm.

Then retailers won't order Tailgate and Skrapnel and.....

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Endless Mike posted:

I almost bought an Abominus for $8 but decided against it.
Dude, do it. I promise you for $8 he is just the correct amount of terrible. His arms hate him. His ankle is grimacing at being an ankle.

The individual pieces are cute little robots, and then they merge to form self-loathing.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
There's some alternate ways to combine him that look a bit better, I might post the one I'm using later. Basically uses mutually grabbed weapons as an alternate way to attach the arms so that hun-grr's arms are now part of the torso, and the arm components are now contibruting some of their mass to the torso as well.... something Hasbro really should've considered doing.

I use two sinnertwins as legs and winrazor as a winged backpack as well.

Regardless, combiners are NEVER perfect, something has to get sacrificed and in this case it was definitely NOT the components. Even if Abominus himself is questionable, the terrorcons are awesome individually. Really too little was sacrificed... none of the components except for hun-grr have extra transformation joints for turning into abominus parts. If legends G1 dinobots were made that were half as good as these I would be very pleased.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

ForeverSmug posted:

MPs never count. For such a popular character, Soundwave barely ever gets toys.

Edit: and tbqh I think MP Soundwave was a pretty half hearted effort in the first place.

Regardless of how wrong a statement that is, even if MP Soundwave had been the G1 mold double-sized, the marvels of engineering that are the MP tapes still would have been worth it. I have no real interest in an MP Blaster, but at this point I hope they make one purely so we can see what they do for the Autobot cassettes.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Rita Repulsa posted:

There's some alternate ways to combine him that look a bit better, I might post the one I'm using later. Basically uses mutually grabbed weapons as an alternate way to attach the arms so that hun-grr's arms are now part of the torso, and the arm components are now contibruting some of their mass to the torso as well.... something Hasbro really should've considered doing.

I'd be very interested in seeing this!

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Rita Repulsa posted:

I use two sinnertwins as legs and winrazor as a winged backpack as well.

Regardless, combiners are NEVER perfect, something has to get sacrificed and in this case it was definitely NOT the components. Even if Abominus himself is questionable, the terrorcons are awesome individually. Really too little was sacrificed... none of the components except for hun-grr have extra transformation joints for turning into abominus parts. If legends G1 dinobots were made that were half as good as these I would be very pleased.

The biggest problem with these combiners is that the thighs are always part of the torso, rather than the leg parts splitting in two; it'd be a little harder to engineer, but it'd be a hell of a lot sturdier, since the ball joint of the hip wouldn't have to hold the whole leg, and you wouldn't end up with the weird Megaman proportions the two recent combiners have.

I'd like to see them take on Menasor next; he'd be a good test for making a good combiner, since most of his parts are almost identical, and Motormaster's comparative scale would give them a lot of leeway.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Bumblebee sucks and I hate him and I'm only getting him so he can be bullied by Dinobots.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

ForeverSmug posted:

Then retailers won't order Tailgate and Skrapnel and.....

Don't mind me... Just picked this up today in London.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

What is up with that face on the package?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

SlothfulCobra posted:

What is up with that face on the package?

You know how they always put angry eyebrows on kirby in american boxart

This is basically that. Tailgate cannot be cute, he has to be mean like the other bots to sell to the boys market

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
He's not just mean, he's straight up going for your purse like the old Dreamworks character books.

How the hell did they have the perfect picture for Swerve, and then that?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

People on TFW reporting that Targets they've called are saying they're not putting the AOE stuff out until May 25th. So if you're looking to get AOE stuff tomorrow, TRU and Wal-Mart are probably better first strike options.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Attempt to make him cuter:

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

I meant in a real country. :911:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

ForeverSmug posted:

I meant in a real country. :911:

Sorry I can't hear you over our free healthcare. :smug:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Keldroc posted:

People on TFW reporting that Targets they've called are saying they're not putting the AOE stuff out until May 25th. So if you're looking to get AOE stuff tomorrow, TRU and Wal-Mart are probably better first strike options.
What's the over/under on TRU and Walmart having the wave 2 stuff tomorrow? I've got all of the wave 1 stuff I want, but I'd love to grab Drift and Hound (and maybe Galvatron) if they're out tomorrow.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

Sorry I can't hear you over our free healthcare. :smug:

If you have free healthcare you should probably get your ears checked.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I found a Scorn and Slug at Wal- Mart today. I was not impressed with these things from their pictures at ALL...but holy goddamn poo poo, they are both just completely fantastic. The colors pop, transformations are fun and not too fiddly, and their head sculpts look like real transformers and not bay-bug monstrosities. Get them get them.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Yeah Wave 1 is loving cool.

I also got the Leader Prime... Eh.

Going back for Crosshairs tomorrow.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
What all is in Wave 2?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Captain Magic posted:

What all is in Wave 2?

Hound, Galvatron, Strafe, Drift, Slash, and apparently a Leader Bumblebee.

I guess this means Snarl and Slog might be Wave 3.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Local TRU had about 4 shelves reserved for TF4 toys and a fairly decent space set aside for the twin pack Grimlocks and MP Grimlock too. Looks like TRU should be stocking all the new TF toys this weekend, according to a TRU employee.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
You want Redecos? You got Redecos!

looks to be:

1. Alpha Trion

2. The Fallen

3. Sunstreaker (Diaclone police car??)

4. Smokescreen (G2,right?)

5. Drift (Deadlock was his Decepticon name,right?)

6. Overdrive

7. Downshift

8. Camshaft

9. Silverbolt!

10. Go Shooter (Maybe this was inspired by the Nightbeat repaint of this mold?)

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

Keldroc posted:

Regardless of how wrong a statement that is, even if MP Soundwave had been the G1 mold double-sized, the marvels of engineering that are the MP tapes still would have been worth it. I have no real interest in an MP Blaster, but at this point I hope they make one purely so we can see what they do for the Autobot cassettes.

This a thousand times. I love MP Soundwave but the 5 tape dudes that came along with him quantify the word Masterpiece on their own, they're loving brilliant.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Silverbolt is a brilliant use of that mold. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

SpikeMcclane posted:

We're 7/5/3 years post movies and we've had main, iconic bots take over 2 years from their movie debut to get a classics toy (Jazz) or have no classics toy at all (Devastator), unless you try to count the video games (Soundwave).

Devastator got a classics toy, it was the last figure released for OG Classics as a walmart exclusive.

It was shortly after the time of the Universe 1.0 Devastator exclusives as well which had the Build Team Devastator and micromaster Devastator.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 02:46 on May 17, 2014

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
There was a follow up post. That's an energon toy.

Edit regarding edit: and none of those are classics.

SpikeMcclane fucked around with this message at 02:48 on May 17, 2014

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

SpikeMcclane posted:

There was a follow up post. That's an energon toy.

A good portion of Universe 2.0 was Energon and Cybertron figure repaints. I think those still count as classics figures despite not being original molds.

It's also the only time the Decepticons got a proper large beast former with RID Bruticus.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The Taint Reaper posted:

A good portion of Universe 2.0 was Energon and Cybertron figure repaints. I think those still count as classics figures despite not being original molds.

Not on my shelf they don't. All the Energon and Cybertron repaint "Classics" are garbage. And even if someone doesn't think they're garbage, that hardly counts as making a new figure of that character. This did originate with the wish for new G1-style Generations Dinobot molds, after all.

Keldroc fucked around with this message at 03:06 on May 17, 2014

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Keldroc posted:

Not on my shelf they don't. All the Energon and Cybertron repaint "Classics" are garbage. And even if someone doesn't think they're garbage,

Wait, what the hell.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I wish Hasbro Australia will stop ignoring the current Generations/Thrilling 30 stuff. Seriously I have not seen any Generations stuff in Australian stores since the wave which had Thundercracker in it

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Ka0 posted:

Wait, what the hell.

What's confusing about that? I assume somewhere out there are people who think the Classics repaint of Energon Devastator is just dandy, but even they wouldn't claim that's the same as a new mold set of the Constructicons.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Just got Scorn, Slug and Crosshairs.

I opened Crosshairs first expecting him to be the least cool of the bunch, but he's actually pretty fun. Sure he may be using a car as a carapace but the design somehow makes it work as a trenchcoat look. The green is way, WAY less bright than it appears on pictures and promo shots and has a nice gloss to it. I painted his goggles, plus some tiny detailing on his forearms and abdomen to make them pop. It's been said before but he really should have come with two Tec9 instead of one cool machinegun and two pea shooters, they're way too small. Don't bother "pegging" his trenchcoat rubber parts into his chest, they stay in place just fine without it and he's way more posable this way.

Slug is fun even if all his dino spiky bits kinda obstruct each other during transformation.

Scorn is easily the best of the bunch and possibly the whole wave (haven't bought BB yet, maybe on discount later), if you're getting just one deluxe, or only the dinobots, get Scorn first. What a fun dino!

With all three I feel that they're using more paint again and possibly better plastic, they're all sturdy and well designed, not a single floppy joint. Pretty happy with this toyline so far!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Dinobot Slash is the perfect base mold for a Generations Transmetal 2 Dinobot if I ever saw one.

Like it is honestly the best raptor transformer they have ever made. The beast Mode looks actually organic and not wierldly proportioned either.

Just wish they were back at their 10 dollar price point instead of 16. Because between the 5 Deluxes, the Voyager, and whatever the best version of Grimlock is, I'm going to have to get them. This is probably the best Dinobot team in ages. It has all the original members in their proper forms and some new ones.

It certainly beats the hell out of the Beast Machines Dinobots, Walmart Dinobots, and the PCC Dinobots.

Although there will always be in a place in my heart for T-Wrecks.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 05:02 on May 17, 2014

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Keldroc posted:

Silverbolt is a brilliant use of that mold. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

Am I the only one who wishes they knew anything about electronics so they could install a little speaker that plays that cheesy fanfare from Beast Wars when you push a button?

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

The_Doctor posted:

Attempt to make him cuter:

Sorry, but I'm afraid you're going to have to take an X-acto knife to that horn.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

404GoonNotFound posted:

Sorry, but I'm afraid you're going to have to take an X-acto knife to that horn.

He got it fixed!

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Welp, I just spent $400 on a Botcon box set.

Kill me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
So what's so good about evasion Optimus? Looking at him in store and his truck mode is badass, but that face...