Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
Text speak in your third languge is more impressive than perfect spelling imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Jose posted:

Hull being in the final makes a mockery of Newcastle's cup stance that was made clear again the last couple of days in that they're not a priority. We're maybe going to get EL if we're lucky yet the club consider the cups low priority in the event we're relegated due to extra matches
Those forum minutes were some depressing reading.

quote:

Chris Forster (CF): Why haven't we made any permanent signings in the last two windows?

Club:It was explained that the club had addressed the question in the previous Fans Forum and that its transfer activity in 2013/14 had been the loan arrivals of Loic Remy and Luuk de Jong and the sale of Yohan Cabaye.

Oh we got two players in on loan and sold our best player. Cheers. It's sickening to see so many strung along with their "oh there's money available, it just has to be the right player at the right place, tee hee" line.

Hail gay satan.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Mean Bean Machine posted:

i hope avbadvertising comes back, bans you and leaves never to be seen again

He can't, Liverpool finished higher than 7th so he is Not Allowed To Be An Admin

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

I'd rather be an admin than a tab.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The FA are trying to get Richard Scudamore to resign over some emails that got leaked that had some sexist words in. He's a massive oval office and it will most likely be a good thing if he is forced to resign but it seems a bit excessive

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/may/14/premier-league-richard-scudamore

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

hadji murad posted:

Punishing City in the CL which they always bomb out of, hardly seems like a punishment either.
They've already been banned from showing up in the Champions League these past three years though, surely?

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Frankston posted:

Looks like Villa are set to be bought by not very rich Indian fast food chain owners Shyam and Hari Bhartia

http://www.indianexpresssports.com/article/sports/football/aston-villa-hari-and-shyam-bhartia-set-to-buy-aston-villa/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYwf2SBWa5o

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

The Biscuit posted:

What is the "fans" consensus on Lambert?
I'm an overseas villan and so I don't have an ear to the ground.
I would like him to stay, but it would be hard if they renew the entire squad.

Majority wants him to leave, from what I've heard at games/seen on fan forums. I'm part of that majority, I just don't think he has anything else to offer apart from more relegation scraps. I know it's been a tough season because we've had several key long-term injuries but he's still had a couple of seasons to account for that and all he's done is brought in utter dross that he himself seems reluctant to play. He doesn't seem to be very tactically aware and I don't know if it's the coaching or what but the teams sheer inability to do the basics (passing, controlling) is utterly embarrassing for a premiership side.

I have no idea who I'd want to replace him though. Laudrup perhaps.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Strawman posted:

So they can only register 13 non-homegrown players?

It didn't seem to specify if that would change. If the reduction also reduces the homegrown allocation it's even less of a punishment.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I'm so excited

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

euroboy posted:

I'm so excited

This.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Shitshow posted:

According to a sports attorney, the City punishment includes a clause that any new players City purchase won't be able to play in the CL next season. That could sting a bit, especially if they suffer a couple of key injuries.

This isn't really true. Our wage bill in the CL is frozen at the level it was this year, so in theory, new players wouldn't be allowed. However, players such as Lescott, Richards, Rodwell etc, won't be in the squad next year so as long as the wages of new players doesn't exceed the amount those of combined (or the amount that are left out), they are allowed to be used.

There's a pretty decent summation of how it affects the club here.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Basically this is how it affects them.

quote:

"It doesn't"

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

City will get Sagna for free and I'll be a bit sad.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

euroboy posted:

City will get Sagna for free and I'll be a bit sad.

Me too but I don't really begrudge him a big pay day, he's been great for us and it won't be the same as Nasri et al IMO.

What do you think of the Cesc rumours? I don't think we need him anymore.. We have bigger priorities.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
did you know nasri and clichy arent going to the world cup

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Sagna can go wherever he wants tbh, I don't really mind but I'd prefer him to go outside of the premier league. It will be disappointing to see him ride the pine at City for the last years of his career.

The Cesc thing will never go away and it will probably go on all this summer too up until he signs for United or City.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Another interesting omission is ex City man and noted pin-up Carlos Tevez

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

TheGoatFeeder posted:

This isn't really true. Our wage bill in the CL is frozen at the level it was this year, so in theory, new players wouldn't be allowed. However, players such as Lescott, Richards, Rodwell etc, won't be in the squad next year so as long as the wages of new players doesn't exceed the amount those of combined (or the amount that are left out), they are allowed to be used.

There's a pretty decent summation of how it affects the club here.

That summary is missing this bit, which is what I'm sure that sports lawyer was referring to:

quote:

Manchester City agrees to significantly limit spending in the transfer market for
seasons 2014/2015 and 2015/2016. Manchester City further accepts a calculated
limitation on the number of new registrations it may include within their “A” List
for the purposes of participation in UEFA competitions. This calculation is based
on the clubs net transfer position in each respective registration period covered by
this agreement.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Jose posted:

The FA are trying to get Richard Scudamore to resign over some emails that got leaked that had some sexist words in. He's a massive oval office and it will most likely be a good thing if he is forced to resign but it seems a bit excessive

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/may/14/premier-league-richard-scudamore

He sent silly sexist poo poo from his work email, he's an idiot and will be sacked/resign on Monday.
It wasn't private correspondence, it was sent from his premier league email.

If it was racist or derogatory about Liverpool/City/Anyone he'd be gone already.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
City fans can cheer their most talented new centre back Martin 'Amis' Demichelis as he makes a second world cup appearance for native land and losers of the Falklands conflict Argentina

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

The Mash posted:

That summary is missing this bit, which is what I'm sure that sports lawyer was referring to:

Then fair enough, I hadn't seen that bit anywhere!

It does amuse me that £50M is considered a 'limit' to spending though, I guess by our standards it probably is. Good job we did our spending/got bought before the draw bridge was raised though.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

DickEmery posted:

He sent silly sexist poo poo from his work email, he's an idiot and will be sacked/resign on Monday.
It wasn't private correspondence, it was sent from his premier league email.

If it was racist or derogatory about Liverpool/City/Anyone he'd be gone already.

I don't think he will be sacked/resign on Monday. Tell you what, to make it interesting, if I'm wrong, I'll donate £6 to a charity of your choice. But if I'm right, you have to buy me plat. Deal?

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
The work emails expose his opinions of women, opinions that presumably influence his judgement and employment practices. At work people have a right to be judged on their performance, not their sex or appearance.
But a powerful person can get away with a pro forma apology - and avoid the sacking he deserves.

Time to let him go.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
stfu I want plat!

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Burqa King posted:

stfu I want plat!

i believe this is mancini's first clause when it comes to his coaching staff

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

The Guardian are reporting that Van Gaal has given United a list of players to try and sign which includes Big Arjen Robben, Big Tommy Müller and Big Mats Hummels.

Imagine him doing all the Robben moves on one wing while Ashley Young does all the identical moves but a bit worse on the other wing, that's definitely some good poo poo.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Manchester United will never Sign A German. It's just not the United way.

Ron-Robert Zieler doesn't count.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
I was supposed to be going to the Emirates to watch it on the big screens but my friends bailed :qq:

On the plus side if we get an early goal this could be a 4-0 thrashing :cool:

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

sebzilla posted:

Manchester United will never Sign A German. It's just not the United way.

Ron-Robert Zieler doesn't count.

Ron-Robert Zieler went from fourth choice at United to starting for a team he dragged to the CL and getting games for Germany.

Also he got with my mate.

SAF does not like Germans.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I'm excited but also nervous lads.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
"I know for however long I am at Liverpool, whenever I leave I will have become a better manager and a better person because of Luis Suarez and for that I thank him so much."

:barf:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

not not luvd posted:

"I know for however long I am at Liverpool, whenever I leave I will have become a better manager and a better person because of Luis Suarez and for that I thank him so much."

I really hate Rodgers. He seems so sanctimonious.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

not not luvd posted:

are you excited luvd

Big Curtis Davies will get motm and make a mockery of him not being on the plane. My body is ready.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Rodgers is an amazing bloke. Haters gonna hate.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

not not luvd posted:

Read: "I've learnt that if I can cope with that oval office and not do a Gary Speed, the rest of my career is going to be a loving cakewalk"

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

not not luvd posted:

In fairness I can't deal with racists or cannibals in a professional or casual setting so hats off to him

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
United's first signing this summer is some serbian teenage goalkeeper

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...campaign=ManUtd

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

not not luvd posted:

I was supposed to be going to the Emirates to watch it on the big screens but my friends bailed :qq:

On the plus side if we get an early goal this could be a 4-0 thrashing :cool:

Can see them trying to stop us play break the MF's legs, clattering Wilshere when he makes a pass and clambering all over Giroud like a barrel of northern monkeys. Sickening

I'm so jazzed, but May footy is poo poo for students like me with no time to spare from exams and dissertation writing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

DEAD MAN'S SHOE posted:

I'm so jazzed, but May footy is poo poo for students like me with no time to spare from exams and dissertation writing.
I watched an entire session of the snooker world final the day before my undergrad dissertation was due in, stop being a fairy. It was a huge mistake but I don't regret it.

• Locked thread