Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ComaPrison
Jan 1, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Control Volume posted:

If someone summons you there and you see a red phantom, the right and proper thing to do is let the red phantom blast the host. Not because of honor or anything, but because you know that the type of person who pulls that sort of low effort grief is the sort of person who would be very irate about dying while his buddies spam the "No way" emote.

I don't see why people are so against this. I certainly don't mind getting summoned by a host and then having to fight red phantoms. In fact, I get a little gratification out of it. Well, I guess it would depend on if the red phantom was summoned or invaded. If it invaded, then I'm thrilled to kill it. If it was summoned, well, I'll still enjoy killing it anyways (despite the host essentially cheesing some red phantom kills).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Control Volume posted:

If someone summons you there and you see a red phantom, the right and proper thing to do is let the red phantom blast the host. Not because of honor or anything, but because you know that the type of person who pulls that sort of low effort grief is the sort of person who would be very irate about dying while his buddies spam the "No way" emote.

Doesn't do much good if the Red Phantom comes after me first.

I've got zero interest in PvP at the moment, so I'll just ignore the area.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Internet Kraken posted:

I don't get the complaints about these guys. I fought them with dual fists and didn't find anything about them to be broken. Yeah they're hard but what do you expect from a near end game area? They're not even the worst enemy. The Drakekeeper's with the maces are way harder in my opinion.

The dragon shrine warriors are probably the scariest enemies in that area for me. The big guys, whatever, you roll through their attacks and smack them during their recovery frames. I hosed up plenty of times fighting them but I knew how to deal with anything they were gonna throw at me and any trouble I had was purely a failure of execution. The little human dudes at the very end are really fast, though, and as it turns out for a low-poise no-shield dual-wielding build the most threatening thing around is somebody who's faster than you.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
The big guys two-handing the hammer in the dragon shrine are the scariest enemies. They never stop swing that hammer. The little guys have a pause at least so they can be handled.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Throughout the history of this thread I've been seeing a lot of 'man I'm done with pvp all I see is Overpowered Build here. Man the arena sucks etc.' I can't help but think that you're just not bringing a character into the arena capable of killing other players. Those 'over-powered' builds can be beaten. Optimize your weaponry. For example: You can wield a +10 Silverblack Spear or you can wield a +10 Dark infused Silverblack Spear and then buff it with Dark Weapon. Which one of those do you think will win you more duels? You can't just bring your pve equipped or half-assed un-upgraded character into the arena and expect to get anywhere. You need a plan. Your character needs planning. You need a way to deal with multiple situations. You need to carefully manage your stamina. Batfogger? Carry poison moss on your belt. Mage? Carry blue burrs on your belt. Afraid your opponent is going to chug? Carry Lloyd's Talismans on your belt. Don't be afraid to chug, but do expect to be punished for it. Don't get mad when your opponent chugs. You can always wag your finger at them after your victory. Backstab fisher? Upgrade a pyro flame and add Great Combustion to your arsenal. They will learn not to fish or die. Turtler? Get good at guard break. Turtlers are the easiest fights I have these days.

I'm not the greatest pvper in the world (I went 9-5 tonight in the arena), but my success improved immediately upon actually giving my character a chance to win.

ComaPrison
Jan 1, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Stokes posted:

Throughout the history of this thread I've been seeing a lot of 'man I'm done with pvp all I see is Overpowered Build here. Man the arena sucks etc.' I can't help but think that you're just not bringing a character into the arena capable of killing other players. Those 'over-powered' builds can be beaten. Optimize your weaponry. For example: You can wield a +10 Silverblack Spear or you can wield a +10 Dark infused Silverblack Spear and then buff it with Dark Weapon. Which one of those do you think will win you more duels? You can't just bring your pve equipped or half-assed un-upgraded character into the arena and expect to get anywhere. You need a plan. Your character needs planning. You need a way to deal with multiple situations. You need to carefully manage your stamina. Batfogger? Carry poison moss on your belt. Mage? Carry blue burrs on your belt. Afraid your opponent is going to chug? Carry Lloyd's Talismans on your belt. Don't be afraid to chug, but do expect to be punished for it. Don't get mad when your opponent chugs. You can always wag your finger at them after your victory. Backstab fisher? Upgrade a pyro flame and add Great Combustion to your arsenal. They will learn not to fish or die. Turtler? Get good at guard break. Turtlers are the easiest fights I have these days.

I'm not the greatest pvper in the world (I went 9-5 tonight in the arena), but my success improved immediately upon actually giving my character a chance to win.

I want to echo this. The main attitude I'm seeing from people who say PvP in DS2 is garbage (especially the ones bitching about hexers and/or batstaff-foggers), are some of the same people that insist that they should be able to use their PvE setup in PvP. And then getting outraged when anyone suggests that their best bet is to design their build and gear with particular types of opponents in mind. If I really wanted to destroy someone with my build, my first step would be to think about its weaknesses and how best to exploit them. I once told a guy bitching about batstaff-fogging that he needs to carry mosses and/or mad-dash the opponent to end the fight before the poison really takes its toll on you. His response was that mosses are expensive, he shouldn't have to use limited consumables in PvP, he shouldn't have to specialize his build and/or gear layout to counter specific builds, and batstaff is OP and needs to be nerfed. The one time I was fooling around with batstaff-fog, just to see if there was any merit to people's complaints, the enemy mad-dashed me and aimed to end the fight before the poison really took its full toll (and it worked). He didn't even bother with a moss. That seems to be the best idea, and it's what I'd do if I were in the position of the foggee (tried it and it worked every time). In fact, the time they spend casting the fog is the perfect time to nail them with a GRS. Conclusion: Crybabies are full of poo poo.

ComaPrison fucked around with this message at 06:57 on May 17, 2014

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Has anyone tried the new great arrows that do break damage? Do they do a significant amount to warrant their use against other players?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Beat it, 53 hours.

It was pretty rad. I'm not sure it's as well designed as the first, but I find myself looking back on it more fondly - though that might just be because I embraced the online features on this run much more than I did in DS1. Also really like some of the implied lore. This run was a swordmaster, no shield run with some pyromancy and archery mixed in, so I think my next one might be a knight with a big rear end shield and bigass weapons who tanks the poo poo out of as much as possible.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Azuth0667 posted:

Has anyone tried the new great arrows that do break damage? Do they do a significant amount to warrant their use against other players?

If I recall, it's 2 or 3 durability damage. Paltry basically.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

ComaPrison posted:

With the constantly increasing soul requirement per stat point, and the diminishing returns on bonfire asceticing (or NG+ing), there is a bit of what one might call a soft cap on soul levelling. At some point, additional bonfire ascetics no longer increase the soul rewards, while the soul cost for levelling DOES continue to increase. This isn't going to satisfy many of the complainers of the SM system, but my point is there is SOME modest dynamic that dissuades people from tryharding up the SL ladder.

On this, it won't matter. You gain, at minimum, 10% of the cost to level for the target you killed. That means, PvP alone, you will gain souls at (on average) a constant proportional rate relative to how the community levels. If the community decides to keep leveling, on average, you're going to get the souls you need to keep up. If they decide, by large, to stick to some sort of 'meta' level, then what you say holds merit.

Don't get me wrong, at about 10 kills per level, and some 700 levels from where a lot of characters sort of exit their first playthrough, you're looking at about 7000 KILLS, but that is assuming the worst case. Soul rewards from PvP can be as much as 35% to level, netting the player over 1 million souls all at once. This weighting also only needs to occur once. When the majority of the population is SL 800+, anyone getting into the fray late, or slowly, will have their soul rewards expanded at the same rate those souls needed to level scale. Naturally, getting those kills will be more difficult when everyone has like 3000+ HP, is rolling 10 meters in full havels, and dumping out hundreds of damage per shot with their mundane avelyns, but I digress.

tl;dr, although souls to level scale upward, PvP rewards are based on those souls to level. Ergo, the rate of leveling will not slow down unless the community actively moderates itself.

Kiggles fucked around with this message at 07:08 on May 17, 2014

ComaPrison
Jan 1, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Kiggles posted:

On this, it won't matter. You gain, at minimum, 10% of the cost to level for the target you killed. That means, PvP alone, you will gain souls at (on average) a constant proportional rate relative to how the community levels. If the community decides to keep leveling, on average, you're going to get the souls you need to keep up. If they decide, by large, to stick to some sort of 'meta' level, then what you say holds merit.

Don't get me wrong, at about 10 kills per level, and some 700 levels from where a lot of characters sort of exit their first playthrough, you're looking at about 7000 KILLS, but that is assuming the worst case. Soul rewards from PvP can be as much as 35% to level, netting the player over 1 million souls all at once. This weighting also only needs to occur once. When the majority of the population is SL 800+, anyone getting into the fray late, or slowly, will have their soul rewards expanded at the same rate those souls needed to level scale. Naturally, getting those kills will be more difficult when everyone has like 3000K, is rolling 10 meters in full havels, and dumping out hundreds of damage per shot with their mundane avelyns, but I digress.

tl;dr, although souls to level scale upward, PvP rewards are based on those souls to level. Ergo, the rate of leveling will not slow down unless the community actively moderates itself.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my experience so far has been that the only PvPers dropping soul rewards are red invaders. I haven't experienced any blue invaders (not a sinner), so I don't know if they do. I also recall not getting many souls (and in some cases near to none) from Belfry invaders or rat covenant guys (when I was grinding for rat covenant ranks). And many of the Dragon guys I summoned to fight didn't give any souls at all. When I invade as a red phantom, I dropped my blood stain and souls on the ground (after dying) even though I was wearing my ring of life protection. This leads me to suspect that rather than gaining souls as a fraction or % of the enemy's soul memory, you're actually just gaining the souls he's carrying (or a fraction of it). Also, I'm a legit player but I carry around 1 million+ souls for Ruler's Sword, so I get a laugh out of some players bitching that enemies dropping 300k souls must be hackers.

ComaPrison fucked around with this message at 07:16 on May 17, 2014

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

ComaPrison posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my experience so far has been that the only PvPers dropping soul rewards are red invaders. I haven't experienced any blue invaders (not a sinner), so I don't know if they do. I also recall not getting many souls (and in some cases near to none) from Belfry or rat covenant guys. And many of the Dragon guys I summoned to fight didn't give any souls at all. When I invade as a red phantom, I dropped my blood stain and souls on the ground (after dying) even though I was wearing my ring of life protection. This leads me to suspect that rather than gaining souls as a fraction or % of the enemy's soul memory, you're actually just gaining the souls he's carrying (or a fraction of it). Also, I'm a legit player but I carry around 1 million+ souls for Ruler's Sword, so I get a laugh out of some players bitching that enemy's dropping 300k souls must be hackers.

That is incorrect, souls gained is always a percentage of the souls they need to level up. You get 10% from killing a host as an invader, 25% as a host killing an invade, forget what the others are.

Gastrointestinal Joe
Mar 29, 2010
Uh hey I know nobody has really complained about Sinners Rise bonfire in a while. but if those 3 Crossbowmen are pissing you off, just put the bonfires sword in between you and them. Blocks every bolt, counter snipe at your leisure.

Also here's my terribly cliche Fashion Souls entry, Pizza Turtle Leo, just chillin' in the sewers.

I made him as a gimmick for a friend that really loves turtles and it turned out he was really fun to play! Hes my first no shield powerstance guy and im loving him.
I ditched the katanas for dual Poison Spotted Whips and Pate's Spear in PvP, I know its not canon please don't judge :(

ComaPrison
Jan 1, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Genocyber posted:

That is incorrect, souls gained is always a percentage of the souls they need to level up. You get 10% from killing a host as an invader, 25% as a host killing an invade, forget what the others are.

Thanks for clarifying. Do you mind explaining to me why many of my kills (at least half) seem to result in little to no souls rewarded at all (seems to be regardless of whether I'm summoning or being invaded)?

ComaPrison fucked around with this message at 07:19 on May 17, 2014

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Tallgeese posted:

It seems like the only way to reliably kill armour is with a ton of Corrosive Urns or tricking people into the acid pools.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007
http://darksouls2.wikidot.com/pvp-soul-value

If you're finding rewards insignificant, you're probably just fighting people who are actually moderating their SL, or you are otherwise being matched up with people way below your soul level for some reason (bell keepers/rats may have very wide match making limits).

Mind, 10% of cost to level isn't an enormous amount, but your argument is that exponential growth of leveling cost would somehow soft cap leveling doesn't apply specifically because soul rewards from PvP are based on this growth rate.

ComaPrison
Jan 1, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Kiggles posted:

If you're finding rewards insignificant, you're probably just fighting people who are actually moderating their SL, or you are otherwise being matched up with people way below your soul level for some reason (bell keepers/rats may have very wide match making limits).

Mind, 10% of cost to level isn't an enormous amount, but your argument is that exponential growth of leveling cost would somehow soft cap leveling doesn't apply specifically because soul rewards from PvP are based on this growth rate.

In that case, I bow to my SM overlords and anticipate 99-ing every stat. Lulz. At this point, it's probably still much faster for me to kill giant lord for 500k souls per kill (with full +souls gear), and then using up 320k per stat point levelled.

And I will grin with deviousness knowing that each time some anti-SM SL-capping crybaby kills me, he'll eat a poo poo ton of souls from my rear end.

ComaPrison fucked around with this message at 07:24 on May 17, 2014

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Parried a Santier's Spear user, got him down to almost dead, got cocky, got dead. :negative: The shame...

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Kiggles posted:

Well poo poo going by that table my SL 55 dude once got invaded by someone around 500 SL :aaa:.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

I don't get the complaints about these guys. I fought them with dual fists and didn't find anything about them to be broken. Yeah they're hard but what do you expect from a near end game area? They're not even the worst enemy. The Drakekeeper's with the maces are way harder in my opinion.

Those are the dudes I'm talking about, they're the laziest designed pieces of poo poo yet, they can 3 shot me and they have an attack that chains over and over and over again.

I get that Dark Souls enemies are supposed to be hard, but they're supposed to have weaknesses too, and these guys have next to none. (at least if you're all melee)

ComaPrison
Jan 1, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Drakes posted:

Well poo poo going by that table my SL 55 dude once got invaded by someone around 500 SL :aaa:.

I'm pretty sure that's impossible... based on the SM tier system that has been discovered, you're likely to be too many tiers below someone who is in the top tier (41 I believe) at 15+ million SM.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Tallgeese posted:

That is a shame they have so many disadvantages and they do basically nothing. I want something I can shoot the pubbie invader/invadee with that breaks their armor or shield in one or two hits. Its a great arrow I have to stand still and pay a huge lump of stamina to use it while its completely circumvented by mediocre dodging skill.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

ComaPrison posted:

I'm pretty sure that's impossible... based on the SM tier system that has been discovered, you're likely to be too many tiers below someone who is in the top tier (41 I believe) at 15+ million SM.

You can just edit your SM down with cheat engine.

ComaPrison
Jan 1, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Genocyber posted:

You can just edit your SM down with cheat engine.

Oh. Well shame on them for being lame and shame on From for not cracking down on hacks/trainers/cheat engine. That being said, I still personally haven't run into any hackers/cheaters on PC. For whatever reason, my luck is insane.

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

ComaPrison posted:

In that case, I bow to my SM overlords and anticipate 99-ing every stat. Lulz. At this point, it's probably still faster to kill giant lord for 500k souls per kill (with full +souls gear), and then using up 320k per stat point levelled.

This is absolutely true, but ultimately that only really serves to render SM completely irrelevant, as your deaths in PVP will just pump everyone into the top 12m+ SM matchmaking tier which is effectively just a free-for-all. That being the case, they probably just should have nixed all matchmaking limitations for NG+ and beyond, because practically speaking, we will get there eventually, and if people moderating their SL are going to be matched with 800+ anyway, why put them through soul grinding to 12m+ just so they have the entire potential player base. Coming out of a first playthrough you're not going to be much worse off; your damage is pretty much capped. It's not like SL10 burg invaders.

ComaPrison posted:

How is that impossible? No reason you can not accumulate tons of souls and yet never level up? There are also some oddities to matchmaking, to say nothing of hackers who just give themselves tons of stats (levels) without requiring the souls to actually level. I was pulled into a SL400+ rat world while at sl 60. I was even going WAY out of my way to keep SM low, haven't lost any souls, and invest nothing outside of my current equipment. It was about as "tight" as it could get. Either rat summons have an infinite window, or he was a hacker. End of the day, it's possible.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Has anyone really tested the buff spells? The wiki and common saying is that its flat damage and a percent increase of the element (50 + 30%) but just testing with flame weapon seems like thats not the case.

Against Old Knights in Heide's, Twohanded +5 Curved Dragon Sword does 657/677 unbuffed (pure physical) and ~774/797 with Flameweapon on it. Twohanded a +0 Fire BKUGS does 461 without Flameweapon and 574 with Flameweapon. Both have about a ~110 damage increase which is expected for the BKUGS (~160 Fire bonus) but the Curved DGS shouldn't get that much increase according to the wiki + others.

Few more tests w/ CDGS:

Dogs in Bastille:
680 unbuffed 805 resin 828 flame weapon

Pigs in Majula:
594 unbuffed 740 buffed
Onehanded pigs:
443 unbuffed 555 buffed
Onehanded Old Knights:
507 unbuffed 597 buffed

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Is the leveling system rebalanced in this game? I just started playing today, and I'm already level 53. Either way, what's a good weapon to invest in as a STR build? The man-snake-thing's knife was super good to me in Dark Souls 1, and I'm curious if there is another strength-scaling weapon that you can hold onto forever. I already defeated the Pursuer, and I read that his Ultra Greatsword is a powerful weapon, but I have a feeling that it'll be outclassed in the long-run by another weapon.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

It's a buff to the raw AR, so enemy defenses will gently caress with any testing you try to do. The values are from the guide, which is the most accurate information unless someone digs around in the game data.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Butt Ghost posted:

Is the leveling system rebalanced in this game? I just started playing today, and I'm already level 53.
Amongst other changes, it's generally much easier to regain souls.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

BARONS GAMES WHINER posted:

If he's 5 hours in his first time of DSII he's probably maybe at the ruin sents.

He's a long, long way off Cromwell.

Yeah, I don't even know where that is. I've gotten as far as Heide's Tower of Flame and killed the Dragonrider. Which is where I got all the free goodies from an invader and subsequently :darksouls:'d myself.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Nostratic posted:

Yeah, I don't even know where that is. I've gotten as far as Heide's Tower of Flame and killed the Dragonrider. Which is where I got all the free goodies from an invader and subsequently :darksouls:'d myself.

Treat this as a challenge.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Genocyber posted:

It's a buff to the raw AR, so enemy defenses will gently caress with any testing you try to do. The values are from the guide, which is the most accurate information unless someone digs around in the game data.

Still, the BKUGS should have more bonus. ~50 or more so according to the guide.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Butt Ghost posted:

Is the leveling system rebalanced in this game? I just started playing today, and I'm already level 53. Either way, what's a good weapon to invest in as a STR build? The man-snake-thing's knife was super good to me in Dark Souls 1, and I'm curious if there is another strength-scaling weapon that you can hold onto forever. I already defeated the Pursuer, and I read that his Ultra Greatsword is a powerful weapon, but I have a feeling that it'll be outclassed in the long-run by another weapon.

Strength totally owns in this game so use whatever you want. Most Greatswords/Ultra Greatswords are pretty solid (namely the Mastodon Greatsword) with the bog-standard Mace and the Large/Great Clubs being excellent too.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

So what's up with there being little prizes for invaders/phantoms in certain areas that aren't lifegems sometimes? Both me and my brother found a Gyrm Greatshield in Belfry Sol. It wasn't an orange dropped item, I thought it was going to be something like a lifegem at first.

ComaPrison
Jan 1, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Kiggles posted:

This is absolutely true, but ultimately that only really serves to render SM completely irrelevant, as your deaths in PVP will just pump everyone into the top 12m+ SM matchmaking tier which is effectively just a free-for-all. That being the case, they probably just should have nixed all matchmaking limitations for NG+ and beyond, because practically speaking, we will get there eventually, and if people moderating their SL are going to be matched with 800+ anyway, why put them through soul grinding to 12m+ just so they have the entire potential player base. Coming out of a first playthrough you're not going to be much worse off; your damage is pretty much capped. It's not like SL10 burg invaders.

How is that impossible? No reason you can not accumulate tons of souls and yet never level up? There are also some oddities to matchmaking, to say nothing of hackers who just give themselves tons of stats (levels) without requiring the souls to actually level. I was pulled into a SL400+ rat world while at sl 60. I was even going WAY out of my way to keep SM low, haven't lost any souls, and invest nothing outside of my current equipment. It was about as "tight" as it could get. Either rat summons have an infinite window, or he was a hacker. End of the day, it's possible.

It's impossible in his particular case because he's SL 51 and getting matched with someone roughly SL 500 (his estimate based on souls rewarded for killing the guy). Unless you're telling me that he capped himself at 51 despite having enough SM to level himself up to Tier 41, then this should be impossible. From what I understand, the SM anally-retentive people are capping themselves at 150 anyways, so it's unlikely that he is capping himself at 51.

ComaPrison fucked around with this message at 07:48 on May 17, 2014

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

DDDJohnny posted:

Also here's my terribly cliche Fashion Souls entry, Pizza Turtle Leo, just chillin' in the sewers.

I made him as a gimmick for a friend that really loves turtles and it turned out he was really fun to play! Hes my first no shield powerstance guy and im loving him.
I ditched the katanas for dual Poison Spotted Whips and Pate's Spear in PvP, I know its not canon please don't judge :(

This is loving amazing.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Butt Ghost posted:

Yes, levels are a lot cheaper in DS2. I was close to SL 150 by the time I beat the game. For a good strength weapon, the most reliable all-rounder is by far the plain ol' mace (buy it from Lenigrast), but if you want something bigger and smashier I suggest the large club (treasure in Lost Bastille).

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Nostratic posted:

What Genocyber said, or considering how early in the game it is, and how much trouble you would have to go through without being able to level, just start a new character. There are pretty much no other examples of where I might recommend it, but this is one of them. Maybe come back after you're familiar with the game, because that hat is pretty great for low level PvP and a great twink item, if not perhaps the most dickwraith someone could do (given the odds of working out the way that it did).

That said, since you can't level, the cost of absolving your sins won't get any worse. :unsmith:

ComaPrison posted:

It's impossible in his particular case because he's SL 51 and getting matched with someone roughly SL 500. Unless you're telling me that he capped himself at 51 despite having enough SM to level himself up to Tier 41.

While I don't honestly believe he was matched with someone who legitimately leveled to SL500, yes, it is entirely possible he accumulated hundreds of millions of souls and never spent any of them on leveling, aside those necessary to hit the 50s. So we're clear: I'm not saying that IS what happened, I'm saying it is possible without any sort of cheats, just... a very unusual level build.

Kiggles fucked around with this message at 07:52 on May 17, 2014

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I've pretty much started unplugging invaders immediately because gently caress laggy russians to death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComaPrison
Jan 1, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Kiggles posted:

What Genocyber said, or considering how early in the game it is, and how much trouble you would have to go through without being able to level, just start a new character. There are pretty much no other examples of where I might recommend it, but this is one of them. Maybe come back after you're familiar with the game, because that hat is pretty great for low level PvP and a great twink item, if not perhaps the most dickwraith someone could do (given the odds of working out the way that it did).

That said, since you can't level, the cost of absolving your sins won't get any worse. :unsmith:

While I don't honestly believe he was matched with someone who legitimately leveled to SL500, yes, it is entirely possible he accumulated hundreds of millions of souls and never spent any of them on leveling, aside those necessary to hit the 50s. So we're clear: I'm not saying that IS what happened, I'm saying it is possible without any sort of cheats, just... a very unusual level build.

It's not impossible for someone to be at SL 500 now. I'm already past SL 300 (and read another player from some other forum claim to be in the 400s or 500s), and if you look at "beyond the bonfire", you'll see that the single largest level demographic is now the 210+ bracket.