Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Christoff posted:

Now that I got my jailbreak sorted I don't think I could ever go without it. Just going to have to wait for a new one I guess.

Just compiled a list of some really helpful apps from previous posts I made just to give you guys some ideas on what to get.

Autolock SBSettings - Don't think it's included with SBSettins. Adds a toggle to disable autolock. There's a whole section on cydia with nice SBSettings add-ons. Most jailbroken apps can have an off/toggle.
Cydelete - Delete cydia apps like regular apps with the wiggle.
flu.x - Amazing PC app on the iphone. "Flu.x warms your screen to match your lighting at night. Takes away the bright blue glow."
Five icon Dock - It's five icons, in your dock.
Manual correct - Only corrects your misspelled words if you click it.
Quickscroll 2 - Makes scrolling easier and adds a scrollbar. You can use a gesture to help.
Springflash - An LED backlit flashlight used with activator.
3G Unrestrictor/MY3g - gets rid of the silly "WiFi only" limitations of many apps. If I have nearly-unlimited data and a 10 Mbps+ cellular connection, why force me to download everything on the lovely 0.5 Mbps public WiFi I'm sharing with a hundred people???
biteSMS/irealsms - Respond to a text from lockscreen or while in any app. Among a ton of other things. I purchased irealsms years ago when it was the go-to one. Now it seems like bitesms is a lot more popular.
BytaFont - to pick different fonts, and WinterBoard to pick different icons. It can give an OS that has looked the same since 2007 a fresh appearance.
Five Icon Dock
FolderEnhancer
iFile
LockInfo
MyWii - Tetherning. A word of caution for AT&T users, though. They will take away your unlimited data
SBSettings - Swipe title bar (Or whatever you call where the time is) to bring a menu to do multiple things like turn data off/on, wifi, go into airport mode, etc. A lot of apps have toggles that you can add to this as well. It also does a lot of other things. Everyone jailbroken phone should have it
ncsettings - like sbsettings. I haven't used it yet personally. Some people like it better apparently it's a much cleaner look
Zephyr - Swipe up to simulate hitting the home button. Swipe left to right to go between background apps. I can only imagine how much better this will work on the iphone 5. It lagged a bit on the 4.
Fakeclockup - Speed up the iphone animations making your iphone seem like it's superwhizbangfast. Worked great on the 4 can only imagine it on the 5. 1.4x seems to be a good ip5 speed
Winterboard - If you don't know what this is don't jailbreak your phone.
MapsOpener - causes all navigation links to open in Google Maps instead of Apple Maps.
NoSpot - to disable the Spotlight page if you never use it. I've been using iOS since mid-2009. After all that time, the only way I end up on the Spotlight page is by accident. NoSpot lets me turn it off.
Cyntact - for adding photos to my Contact list. It's easier for me to quickly find someone by picture, sometimes.
Barrel - for awesome icon transitions. When you swipe between pages it allows you customize different animations for the icons. It's actually pretty cool. Probably check out a youtube video of it.
Action menu - Adds additional options to the copy/paste bit for the iphone.
Activator - Pretty much endless options. Hit the volume up button to open x app, double click power button to open this app, etc. This in combination with springflash allows you to open the flashlight when your phone is locked,
Lastapp - Quickly switch previous app
SmallBanners - Makes banner notifications one-line height
WiCarrier - Shows current Wifi SSID in place of carrier
AutoProtect - Allows you to bypass Passcode on home wifi
ShowCase - Shows lowercase letters in keyboard when relevant
killBackground - makes low-memory devices way better. Android has always had Task Killers, and now Android 4+ has a CLOSE ALL button, even on devices with 2 GIGS of RAM. Why can't iOS? Many iOS devices have 256MB of RAM, and could really use a "close all" button. (I used remove background instead. I assume it does the same thing. You can add it as a toggle in SBsettings)
bolt - Takes away the battery in the top bar. Adds a lighting bolt when you're charging. (Springtomize will do this - Sans the lightning bolt)
icleaner - "So if you have a mac, the chances are you will have heard of the infamous app ‘Clean My Mac’ and this is essentially what his cydia utility ‘iCleaner’ does for your device. It will remove all system files which are no longer in use, e.g logs, caches etc. which all amount to a large amount of pointless data. iCleaner is a very useful little utility, and is available for free from the BigBoss repo."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RbmCPR06U4
nitrous- iOS (Jailbroken): One of the big complaints about running a third party browser like Chrome on the iPhone is that it's always a little slower because Apple blocks third party apps from using its Nitro Javascript Engine. Nitrous is a new jailbreak tweak that adds that functionality into any app you want.
With Nitrous installed, any app that accesses the internet can get access to the Nitro Javascript Engine through the Settings page. This includes all your browsers, like Chrome, but also any other app that uses a webkit browser, like Facebook or Twitter.
I can't say I've noticed any different, even placebo, but who knows. Apparently noticeable boost in the awfulapp.
tcpoptimizer - TCP Optimizer which is a small tweak that supposedly makes streaming youtube videos faster on your iOS device. Engineered by the same fellas who made pushfix the tweak has some credibility behind it.
To download the tweak add http://cydia.pushfix.info/ to your cydia sources and install via the newly added repo.
springtomize 2 - Tweak almost everything on your iphone. Gets rid of a lot of those apps you have that do one thing. " you’ll be able to customize all kinds of features of your SpringBoard, such as your device’s animations, capabilities, features of the dock, features of the lock screen, features of your icons, features of your folders, features of your App Switcher, features of your Status Bar, features of Notification Center, and a whole lot more."
Zeppelin - Change the carrier logo. Not to text
http://www.teamsphone.com/apple-ios/zeppelin-jailbreak-tweak-to-change-carrier-logo-of-iphone-5094.html
Auxo - Great multi-tasking app. It's best to just watch the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4Q_97exnJk
RespringCacheFix - http://chrislowthian.co.uk/fix-the-ios-6-1-respring-bug-with-respringcachefix/422/
Transparentcamerabar - just what it says, change the opacity of it or turn it off completely
Alarming - makes your alarm go at max volume but doesn't permanently change your volume, you can change snooze duration, or turn on/off vibrate.
Wraparound - if you go all the way right on your pages it brings you to page 1. Go left and you're at spotlight, keep going left and you're at your last page
Active dock - Makes your dock more like it is on a mac
Iive battery indicator - Prefer this over bolt. battery percent in circle that also shows battery life left. Comes with some themes for winterboard (make a battery symbol with the number inside it)
Volume sensitivity - turns volume up/down twice as fast or vice versa
Voiceutils - tell Siri to reboot, power off, respring, or open any app
Volumebuttonextender - control iPod playback with volume buttons.
Batterydoctorpro - Prefer it over SB settings. Really nice UI and works nicely with auxo
swipeselect - swipe on your keyboard left/right to move the cursor as well.

At of all of those the must haves are swipeselect, batterydoctorpro, irealsms (or bitesms), auxo, and zephyr. Fakeclockup is nice too especially on the old phones, 1.4x is a bit intense on the iphone 5

Does SB settings do anything that ios7 control panel doesn't?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I'm on ios6 haven't even used ios7 yet. Battery doctor pro is real nice though check that one out

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

goodness posted:

Does SB settings do anything that ios7 control panel doesn't?

I don't think so. Also that version of Auxo is the outdated ios6 one. The new one (Auxo 2?) is kinda different, merging the appswitcher and CC into one.

Na'at
May 5, 2003

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Lipstick Apathy
And it works with CC Toggles as well. Being able to switch Bluetooth devices with a little popup menu is so amazing I'd jailbreak just for that.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
Stride was freshly updated for iOS 7, today I think. For those unfamiliar, it allows you to unlock your phone by drawing, instead of slide to lock. You can set the tolerance as well, which is nice.

I picked it up even though I have a 5S and don't really have to slide to unlock, but honestly with how finicky Touch ID is on this firmware it's worth it for me.

2.99$ I think it was.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
What was that fix for my status bad showing up in weird places on iOS 7 since jail breaking? For example in the camera app while recoding a video.

Denim Dude
Feb 21, 2006

i didn't buy shit. i don't know what the fuck is going on.

status posted:

What was that fix for my status bad showing up in weird places on iOS 7 since jail breaking? For example in the camera app while recoding a video.

statusbarfix2

libersyber
Jan 15, 2009
I have a jailbroken Ipad 3rd gen running 7.0.4. I'd like to update to 7.1 to check if and how much faster the OS will run. Is there any way to back up my jailbroken Ipad so that I could revert to a jailbroken 7.0.4 if I won't like the 7.1 optimizations and decide they aren't worth losing the jailbreak?

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

libersyber posted:

I have a jailbroken Ipad 3rd gen running 7.0.4. I'd like to update to 7.1 to check if and how much faster the OS will run. Is there any way to back up my jailbroken Ipad so that I could revert to a jailbroken 7.0.4 if I won't like the 7.1 optimizations and decide they aren't worth losing the jailbreak?

Nope.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

Auxo 2 is much more useful than i expected, and much more cool than the original - just needs support for cccontrols

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Has anyone got a trick to get iteransmission to work in the background/when the screensaver kicks in? I've tried using backgrounder but that doesn't really work. It occassionally does for a little while, but other times it just stops completely.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
You need to install Insomnia along with Backgrounder.

Robo-Pope
Feb 28, 2007

It has big taste.
Do any of the app switcher tweaks make it easy to tell what apps are actually running in the background vs. "recently opened"?

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

Robo-Pope posted:

Do any of the app switcher tweaks make it easy to tell what apps are actually running in the background vs. "recently opened"?

Search "remove recents" in Cydia to forever get rid of all recently opened apps.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
edit:

goodness fucked around with this message at 08:29 on May 13, 2014

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I know this is asked every few days and I'm honestly sorry for that, but what's the proper way to unjailbreak my 5?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

omg chael crash posted:

I know this is asked every few days and I'm honestly sorry for that, but what's the proper way to unjailbreak my 5?

Update your phone with iTunes. Don't think there is a way to unjailbreak without updating, but I could be wrong.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Kazy posted:

Update your phone with iTunes. Don't think there is a way to unjailbreak without updating, but I could be wrong.

Restore it from a pre-jailbreak back up?

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

For whatever reason, text messages have inconsistently vibrated my phone. I have biteSMS and FlipControlCenter installed, but I'm not sure if either of those are causing issues. The latter's "vibration" toggle is disabled.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001

omg chael crash posted:

You cannot "un" jailbreak. You must Restore the device with iTunes. Don't try to update.
In fact, the best way is probably to put the device into DFU mode first, then Restore.
This also puts the current version of iOS on it.

Asbel
Mar 22, 2013

angry borking noises
I just got a new iPhone 4S, and it came prepackaged with 7.1. I'm fairly sure I already know the answer, but I'm hosed when it comes to jailbreaking this thing until 8.0, aren't I?

Bouchacha
Feb 7, 2006

AzureRequiem posted:

I just got a new iPhone 4S, and it came prepackaged with 7.1. I'm fairly sure I already know the answer, but I'm hosed when it comes to jailbreaking this thing until 8.0, aren't I?

Yes

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

https://twitter.com/i0n1c/status/467817386524307456

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

I may have to go out and buy an ipad if there is another jb coming possibly.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

They'd probably save that exploit for 8 I'd assume?

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

You would hope

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

It's likely not something that could be saved. Apparently it's a kernel level exploit that would likely be patched (even unintentionally) by iOS 8 just because of how much the kernel changes between versions.

Apple is also apparently aware if it already, and it has been replicated by multiple people (I guess it wasn't too hard once they knew where to look.)

I would not be surprised one bit by a 7.1 jailbreak very, very soon. I also wouldn't be surprised if it's another dramatic release and doesn't come from the discoverer.

But I also don't know poo poo so whatever.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Whatever man some apps require 7+ now let's just get this show on the road

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables
I miss Android's intents system pretty badly; does jail breaking offer any similar functionality? YouTube links opening in the web browser is some 2005 poo poo.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Leathal posted:

I miss Android's intents system pretty badly; does jail breaking offer any similar functionality? YouTube links opening in the web browser is some 2005 poo poo.

It does. I use Browser Changer to make Chrome and Maps default, and since Chrome is default it can open YouTube links in its app.

Zeph
Apr 9, 2007

This bagga nasty from Dogbert is
FRESH
My tweak AlbumSnapper just got released on Cydia today! If any of you guys find it useful and would like a free copy, shoot me your Cydia ID and I'll hook it up.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

Zeph posted:

My tweak AlbumSnapper just got released on Cydia today! If any of you guys find it useful and would like a free copy, shoot me your Cydia ID and I'll hook it up.

What's it do?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

decypher posted:

What's it do?

From ModMyi:

quote:

For 32-bit and 64-bit iOS7 devices.
Does not support iPad.

Now you can have your photos organized as you take them, removing the hassle of having to do it later!

Right from Apple's native iPhone camera application (as well as from the lock screen) you can easily create new albums on the fly, and add photos directly to an album just by taking the shot.

Launch the camera app with AlbumSnapper enabled and you'll notice a new "Albums" button in the top bar. Tap it to see a list of all your albums, easily letting you add photos to any eligible album on your device. Please note that albums synced from iTunes are not eligible; but that's okay, because with AlbumSnapper you can easily create a new album by tapping the "Create Album" button from the album list.

It doesn't matter if you are an avid photographer or simply someone who enjoys capturing that thing, moment, family member, or friend; whatever you're taking pictures of, AlbumSnapper will help you stay organized with the touch of a button.

Configure options from Settings.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

That sounds nifty. Question though.

The default album organizer is pointless because you can copy a picture from one album to the other but you can't delete it from the original source. Seems pointless. Does this let me do that or does anyone know a tweak that will? I can only assume this is changed in ios7

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

Zeph posted:

I'd love to try it. 1288659 is mine.

Zeph
Apr 9, 2007

This bagga nasty from Dogbert is
FRESH

Christoff posted:

That sounds nifty. Question though.

The default album organizer is pointless because you can copy a picture from one album to the other but you can't delete it from the original source. Seems pointless. Does this let me do that or does anyone know a tweak that will? I can only assume this is changed in ios7
Think of photo albums as symlinks to images in the camera roll. If you delete a pic from the camera roll, then yeah it'll be deleted from any albums it's in. I don't think there is a way around this.

bobfather posted:

I'd love to try it. 1288659 is mine.
Enjoy!

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
I have 7.04. Can I still jailbreak my phone?

Cawd Rud
Mar 12, 2009
Salad Prong

theblackw0lf posted:

I have 7.04. Can I still jailbreak my phone?
Most likely yes, provided that you didn't OTA update your phone to that version. If you didn't, evasi0n has you covered. You can still try even if you did OTA update, it just might freeze at the last step, requiring you to DFU restore which would put you on 7.1. Worth a shot, just have your stuff backed up first.

eeboweebo
Nov 17, 2005

Behold Duke Nukem
And die a painful death
Hail to the King, baby.
Has anyone posted a list of the images that are contained under UIImages in iOS7? I'm trying to do up a battery replacement to go with what I have made to replace the signal and WiFi indicators and am having no luck with finding information on this subject.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
Brand-new Cydia is out. Redesigned and more pirate-friendly. (no more hitting limits with too many packages)

• Locked thread