Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
I don't believe that Tito Ortiz can do anything for 15 minutes. He's a cardio machine, and the exact cardio machine he is is "Rampage's Stairmaster".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
That old gray mare ain't what he used to be but as someone else stated his strongest skill is wrestling middleweights.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
gotta say, as bad a value proposition this is for a PPV I'm really looking forward to checking out the results tomorrow

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Yeah I'm going to a roller derby bout instead.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
What are the most "bellator" results for this ppv? I know Chandler losing would be the funniest, but then they would just claim that brooks is "hurt" so that alvarez-chandler III can happen on the next ppv.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Tyree posted:

What are the most "bellator" results for this ppv? I know Chandler losing would be the funniest, but then they would just claim that brooks is "hurt" so that alvarez-chandler III can happen on the next ppv.

The Bellator-est results possible:

Spike.com card is great but no one sees it
Kongo vs Eric Smith turns into Kongo vs Yvel 2 to lead into the PPV
Rainey lays all over Page for 3 rounds
2 russian heavyweights gas out in the first round, and goes to a boring decision
Shlemenko quickly KOs Tito. Tito blames his neck problems for lack of head movement and couldn't train and whatever.
Chandler get demolished, and the concussion takes him out of the game for TJ Grant levels of time. Someone notices afterwards that the fight was Will Brooks last on his contract.
After several minutes of circling and no action, Rampage vs Mo ends after someone arm/leg goes out of socket and can no longer continue.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
So there's a Dagestan kickboxer named Shahbulat Shamhalaev fighting on the undercard. I'm suddenly 10x more interested in the card. Still probably just gonna steal it though.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
they made Kongo v Smith their lead in to PPV fight? pretty cool Bjorn is sticking to his railroad spike of showcasing homegrown talent through and through tonight

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I don't know why anyone would spend money on this at $45. $20 maybe, but Tito and especially Rampage v Mo detracts significantly from this card

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
actually those are the two best fights

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

look pal not everyone is a broken hull of earl grey residue requiring the collective misery of those around them to derive joy from life

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

they're the second and third best fights

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i was kind of interested in brooks when he mopped up kitaoka but i don't like many people's chances against chandler on late notice in a 5 round fight. it's the most legit fight on the card but it's not interesting at all, unlike the weird elite xc fights.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
The weirdest thing about Bellator is how many interim title fights they're having. There's no way anybody there is keeping track of it.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

#1 is definitely Kongo because what he does to Smith's balls will be apt metaphor for the viewing experience of all 1200 people who paid for this at home

hopefully Brooks will stay competitive. I'm not sure I won'just forget about this thing by afternoon entirely

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

attackmole posted:

So there's a Dagestan kickboxer named Shahbulat Shamhalaev fighting on the undercard. I'm suddenly 10x more interested in the card. Still probably just gonna steal it though.

Shamwow, Richman, Held, and Michael Page guarantees some cool finishes at least. It would be a pretty fun card if it wasn't for money.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Bellator 120 - May 17th, 2014!

Early Prelims - Spike.com, Bellator.com, 6:00 PM ET

• Bantamweight - Cortez Phelia vs Brian "The Law" Hall

• Welterweight - Anthony "The Beast" Lemon vs Codie Shuffield

• Welterweight - Ben Brewer vs Andy "Stunner" Uhrich

• Supperweight - Justin Frazier vs Mike "The Juggernaut" Wessel

• Featherweight - Zach Underwood vs Austin "Dogecoin" Lyons

Regular prelims - Spike TV, 8:00 PM ET

• Lightweight - Marcin "Pole Harris" Held vs "Ladies Love" Nate Jolly

• Featherweight - Goiti Yamauchi vs Mike "The Marine" Richman

• Featherweight - Shahbulat "The Assassin" Shamhalaev vs Fabricio Guerreiro

• Supperweight - Eric Smith vs Cheick Kongo

[b]Main card - PPV, 10:00 PM ET[/b[

• Welterweight - Michael "Venom" Page vs Ricky "The Sniper" Rainey

• Supperweight Final - Blagoi "Baga" Ivanov vs Alexander "Drago" Volkov

• Light Heavyweight - Alexander "Storm" Shlemenko vs Tito "The Huntington Beach Bad Boy" Ortiz

• Interim Lightweight Title - Michael "Dreamboat" Chandler vs "Ill" Will Brooks

• Light Heavyweight Final - Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal

Reasons to watch:

- GOITI YAMAUCHI
- Pole Harris
- Shahbulat is a rad dude
- Supperweight prelim action!

Reasons to not watch:
- It is not free

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

attackmole posted:

I always mix him up with "Frodo" Khasbulaev, but they are both pretty fun (by Bellator standards, anyway). Niether of them have fought in more than 13 months, which is making it harder for me to remember which is which.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Wise Learned Man posted:

I always mix him up with "Frodo" Khasbulaev, but they are both pretty fun (by Bellator standards, anyway). Niether of them have fought in more than 13 months, which is making it harder for me to remember which is which.

Magromedrasul has a tournament victory in his back pocket but he's been struggling with visa issues. Shahbulat has been taking care of his sick father.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Really I'm just impressed by the alliteration in his name. I hope him and God Shammgod make a gay couple.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

attackmole posted:

Really I'm just impressed by the alliteration in his name. I hope him and God Shammgod make a gay couple.

Plus, the way Bellator's crappy ring announcer sounds, it comes out as something like "Shamalan Shamalama."

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

LobsterMobster posted:

Bellator 120 - May 17th, 2014!

14 fights? Good lord this is gonna be a long day of punchings.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
So prelims now starting at 6:45 I guess (contrary to what Bellator has on the front page of their website :rolleye: )

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
PPV has been delayed by 6 months, contrary to what Bellator tells you tonight

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

i actually remembered this and was going to watch but gently caress you bjorn

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
So there are a couple of dark matches. Guess those fighters didn't sell enough tickets.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Tyree posted:

So there are a couple of dark matches. Guess those fighters didn't sell enough tickets.

Like 4 of the guys on the under-under card are from the same gym so it probably spread their sales base pretty thin.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

gotta say, as bad a value proposition this is for a PPV I'm really looking forward to checking out the results tomorrow
i've been left unsupervised for tonight so i might just make a terrible life decision and watch this

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
i guess looking at that i'm only interested in tito/schlemenko. oh well

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
SORRY, STREAMING PRELIMINARY FIGHTS ARE NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR AREA

you've made an enemy this day, bellator

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
if youre not watching the first prelim you missed a choice oil check

Marketed Gum
Jun 26, 2007

So has the Mississippi commission been notably bad in the past? It certainly doesn't inspire any confidence in me but this dad ref let Brewer work on the ground and stepped in quick when he got put out on the feet.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Brain status: blonked all to hell

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

david carmichael posted:

i guess looking at that i'm only interested in tito/schlemenko. oh well

Only interested in seeing the whitest people on the card beat each other up

mods please change nick to carmichael stokely

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

i don't think lyons got that dogecoin sponsorship :saddowns:

outy
Aug 27, 2004

Oh why oh why am I watching this WWE poo poo :(
Someone tell Jimmy Smith that, for some unknown reason, Joe Rogan wants his hyperbolic, bald, shouty-man schtick back.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Yamauchi time! :woop: :supaburn:

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
First strike nut strike

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Man muay thai coachs/gyms really like yelling OIIIIII or OOOOOOOOOSSSSSS after every kick or knee you land.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I haven't followed b-league stuff in years but I'm gonna get drunk on my own and watch this for old times sake. Or because I'm cripplingly depressed.

• Locked thread