Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
I'm disappointed that no one has photoshopped the glorious OP into the Gale song.

Man, what happens to break people?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Hey Boyko. Stay the gently caress out of my country please. :canada:
You voted for Bush. You are the problem. Not the solution.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

OwlBot 2000
Jun 1, 2009
Please keep this thread open, there are so many fantastic GIF ideas.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Make this the Brian Boyko and/or Political Photoshop Megathread

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Shbobdb posted:

I'm disappointed that no one has photoshopped the glorious OP into the Gale song.

Man, what happens to break people?

He got made fun of cause he liked tabletop games.

He's seen some poo poo man, a normie like you wouldn't understand.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
:boyko:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Brian's active within the New Zealand greens discussion board.

:stonk:

From his Vimeo Account:
http://vimeo.com/2270211
Brian Boyko falls down a hill in a giant plastic ball.

I have no idea how he thought this makes good viewing :cripes:

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
brian boyko beats children

e: and he is gay

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

GrrrlSweatshirt fucked around with this message at 19:42 on May 17, 2014

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

brian boyko beats children

e: and he is gay

Friendship... is magic!?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
On the other hand,

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
What the gently caress is it with this guy and New Zealand?

Like, is there some genetic trait in weirdo white guys that causes them to get unhealthily obsessed with island nations?

Jingai Jigokumoto
Feb 8, 2013

by XyloJW
I'm a liberal that's opposed to spanking, but I really wish I could beat the poo poo out of a toddler. Vote for me in November.

Jingai Jigokumoto
Feb 8, 2013

by XyloJW

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

What the gently caress is it with this guy and New Zealand?

Like, is there some genetic trait in weirdo white guys that causes them to get unhealthily obsessed with island nations?

They have the loving ZORB!

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
drat I think we just crossed over from "wow what a quirky guy who doesn't know how to keep things private" to "gently caress running for office, this guy won't be able to get any job after this"

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe
SomethingAwful - An Aggregator of Employment Disincentives

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

"I really hate children"
-brian boyko, professional campaign liability

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

e:

woke wedding drone fucked around with this message at 20:11 on May 17, 2014

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE
every time we think the mine is running dry

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

hooman posted:

Brian's active within the New Zealand greens discussion board.

:stonk:
Beaten like a toddler Brian saw in the street, but

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

:effort:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Bokyo/Gacy 2016

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Wait. Wait.

His argument for spanking, is that he hates kids and wants to beat the poo poo out of them? And he signed this post with his real name?

Brian, you have hosed up so much.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Pro: Sympathy for guys on To Catch a Predator. Con: Desire to beat toddlers.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

The best/worst part of the child-beating post is at the end when he says hitting some kid would "[return] some of the pain the child caused you". The pain of being reminded that kids picked on him when he was little. Does he actually expect people to agree with that?

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Hahaha, awesome!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I had forgotten Samuel L Jackson was in Jurassic Park.

Also holy poo poo at that spanking post.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Khablam posted:

Wait. Wait.

His argument for spanking, is that he hates kids and wants to beat the poo poo out of them? And he signed this post with his real name?

Terrible people often do not realize that they are terrible.

Hilbert Spaceship
Mar 15, 2007

If I was dyslexic I'd even hate dog too.
Boyko also wrote for The Daily Texan for awhile, probably some awful/stupid opinions in there.

http://web.archive.org/web/20050311191912/http://www.dailytexanonline.com/main.cfm?include=displaystaffbio&authorid=1076413

quote:

This is not Swiftian satire. Gym classes, equipment and coach salaries - if cut - would provide an immediate benefit to the students of Texas above and beyond recovered fiscal waste.

Gym class is, without exception, grueling and cruel. It is one of the few aspects of school that has absolutely no academic component and is even counterproductive to its stated mission: producing healthy students.

Gym classes are horrid affairs starting with the humiliation of public undressing in the locker rooms, the needless berating of gym instructors, the endless insults (euphemistically referred to as "teasing") from peers and - in some cases - violence.

Students are not taught the value of health and sportsmanship; they are instead taught to fear and hate physical activity and the people who enjoy engaging in it.

Yup.

Hilbert Spaceship fucked around with this message at 20:52 on May 17, 2014

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

ahaha

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Khablam posted:

Wait. Wait.

Brian, you have hosed up so much.

And to think, he put all of this up on the net himself!

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Maybe the internet has just made me too cynical, but do we actually know the OP is really Brian Boyko, or could it just be someone who discovered his hilarious online presence and decided it would be worth :10bux: make a gold thread out of it?

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Centripetal Horse posted:

Terrible people often do not realize that they are terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21gaUp1DvVs&t=4s

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Entropic posted:

Maybe the internet has just made me too cynical, but do we actually know the OP is really Brian Boyko, or could it just be someone who discovered his hilarious online presence and decided it would be worth :10bux: make a gold thread out of it?

The content of the OP seems to match his incredibly well documented web history far too closely for it to be made up.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.

Entropic posted:

What is more likely: oblivious brony liberal redditor decides to expand to the most troll free forum on the Internet, or a false flag intended to destroy the political aspirations of a potentially dangerous liberal reformer?

MothraAttack
Apr 28, 2008
You know on some level he believes there's a literal "pro-spanking lobby," and he's OK with it.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

MothraAttack posted:

You know on some level he believes there's a literal "pro-spanking lobby," and he's OK with it.
well...

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

CaptainJuan posted:

What is more likely: oblivious brony liberal redditor decides to expand to the most troll free forum on the Internet, or a false flag intended to destroy the political aspirations of a potentially dangerous liberal reformer?

This guy seems like he'd have to pay someone to be his nemesis, so I'm going with option "A".

The only posts that account made were just in this thread, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldswitcheroo
Apr 27, 2008

The bombers opened their bomb bay doors, exerted a miraculous magnetism which shrunk the fires, gathered them into cylindrical steel containers, and lifted the containers into the bellies of the planes.
Thank you Brian Boyko for this treasure trove of comedy. You are hopelessly naive and condescending to boot.

I know we've kicked his idea to death (and then beat the dead horse by revealing what a rube he is personally), but I want to make a few more points about MayOne. Your solution to the problem of money in politics is a new left of center PAC dedicated to a reform movement? And you're doing this by giving money to/ spending money on friendly Democratic candidates? There are already many super PACs in existence. Some are left of center. They tend to do exactly what you propose to do already. So you're not filling a new need, you're just piling on. This isn't reforming the system, its just participating in it. You say you will give money to Republicans who want to reform campaign finance too. There really aren't any of those. This is a bipartisan problem, yes, but it is an asymmetrical one. Pretending to be bipartisan was the death knell of most of the secret liberal PACs I worked with.

What he came in for and initially asked for was for advice on how to publicize his PAC. Well Brian, I'm sorry to tell you this but you've probably got all the exposure you're going to get. You got the Wired magazine article, and a pretty well recieved AMA. Your group seems to be raising money relatively well. Your next step isn't figuring out how to raise more money, it's how to spend what you've got. Unless MayOne is a cynical cash grab (I'm aware it most likely is), it doesn't sound like you really have much of a plan for "winning key majorities in the House" as the Wired article said was the goal. You want to dump money into a select few races to see if you can get the candidates to talk about campaign finance reform. Is that it? You say you'll be turning the money over to "professional campaigners", having worked in politics I know that a lot of "professional campaigners" have no loving clue what works and what doesn't; what they do is piss away money and if they win they claim credit and if they lose they say they had a weak candidate/ bad cycle/ voters are dumb and move on. Just because you spend money doesn't mean it will make an iota of difference. Is the plan just a money bomb on TV advertising? Are you aware of how low political TV ads have in RoI? You'll be lucky to get a few local papers to publish "Mysterious outside group" articles and then the candidates will just pivot back to what their polling says is the most important issue (Hint: it's never systemic corruption). And when that doesn't work? You'll make bigger ad buys in 16? The friendly candidates may not want your help. Their messaging is going to be determined by their own polling and candidate, and unless they're a huge hidden "corruption gap" in the polling, they're not going to make your plank a part of their platform.

If you want to win over people who really know about politics and know what is going on (like the people in this forum) you have to have specifics. These people know that canvassing and direct action makes a (marginal) difference, very little else can. So what MayOne is, is either a cash grab by cynical opportunists, or it is another in a long line of reformist PACs that end up emulating the problem they seek to solve.

TL;DR MayOne shows South Park underpants gnome levels of planning.

Step 1: Raise money
Step 2: ????
Step 3: Reform

oldswitcheroo fucked around with this message at 21:27 on May 17, 2014

• Locked thread