Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Cernunnos posted:

Does this count as terrible car stuff? 'Cause it makes me want to vomit. :barf:

Are you epileptic or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Cernunnos posted:

Is that some kind of prismatic wrap? I think it looks great in the gif and probably wild in person.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

meatpimp posted:

As I always say -- hugs, not drugs.

And more terrible (No, this is not in an AutoZone parking lot, it was some chain restaurant. Must be a meet-up of terribleness):

I like how the gaudyness seems to be leaking onto the Honda on the left.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Cernunnos posted:

I would drive this every day.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cernunnos posted:

I love it.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Cernunnos posted:

If that is real I will pay any amount of money for it.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Cernunnos posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1_vVjYwJKQ&t=175s

The video.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Beaten but better

http://www.youdubber.com/index.php?video=V1_vVjYwJKQ&video_start=90&audio=x1NAhlVRaZ4&audio_start=0

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

I love it :3:

It's impossible to make a lambo too ridiculous.

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010
it's holographic vinyl wrap!

Also! Not terribly expensive.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-Roll-24-X-10ft-Silver-Holographic-Sign-Graphic-Cutting-Vinyl-Film-/321223266601

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Is 24" wide enough to do an entire panel? I've wondered how you wrap a car without any seams showing.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

You pay your wrap guy pretty well, I imagine.

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010
My friend does Vinyl wraps, it comes in bigger rolls than that. He really swears by it over paint... but i don't know...

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Seatbelts posted:

My friend does Vinyl wraps, it comes in bigger rolls than that. He really swears by it over paint... but i don't know...

That vinyl wrap is holographic. Didn't you see it?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MetaJew posted:

Is 24" wide enough to do an entire panel? I've wondered how you wrap a car without any seams showing.

Hoods and roofs are the only panels that you'd need more on I'd think.

Ansith
Nov 8, 2010

Elongated Baked Bean
Seen this one driving around a few times, managed to catch it in a parking lot.

Giant Mack mud flaps, hood ornament, and I'm pretty sure it said Little Mack on the back window.

Sadly I didn't get a chance to read the stickers (and my picture is too poo poo to see them close up), I'm curious about what stickers you would put on a Laser.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Cernunnos posted:

The wrap is pretty awesome, I'd have no problem rocking that.

But all the lights and poo poo... :barf:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Cernunnos posted:

All I can think of is this

Moderately NWS (for Saturn V = penis)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGjHsLnUO1U

TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you. The question is, if I die first...what are YOU gonna do?
Problem: minivan is lame.

Solution: ground effects and rims.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
I saw a 99-03 Ford F150 Harley Davidson edition today with the plate BLOWNHD - I don't think that plate would have even worked had he had a massive supercharger sticking out of the hood.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

TheNakedJimbo posted:

This is actually pretty great.

Always forget to get a picture of this thing whenever I see it around town.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Post terrible car stuff. Terrible.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Yeah, that's more hilarious / awesome than terrible. Wonder how much work that took.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

I can't tell if I love that or hate it (much like the lambo). It's so awkward and terrible with the generic '90s eurotrance and the pixelly stuff in the video and the odd lyrics and intermittently autotuned vocals but at the same time it's strangely captivating and pleasing to the eye/ear...
Also boat-cars (functional or not) loving own always.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Here's a guy who's a fan of the Dodge Neon, pretty terrible: http://www.ajquick.com/

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

And yet he's also an ACVW fan, I'm a bit conflicted now.

He can't be all bad right?

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Of all the modern Chrysler product lines to obsess over, he could have picked a worse one. Much, much worse.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

ptcruizer.com posted:

The first Chrysler PT Cruiser was loved for its ease of parking, use of space, and personality; and it held four full-sized adults and their luggage in comfort. The modified Watts suspension packed a lot of cornering and ride quality into a space smaller than a Neon on the outside, with more cargo space than many mid-sized cars on the inside.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

xzzy posted:

And yet he's also an ACVW fan, I'm a bit conflicted now.

He can't be all bad right?

I found it by searching for ACVW engine fire pictures, but while I was scrolling down I saw that this guy owns like 3 Neons. And he's obsessed with putting them back to stock.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Ineptus Mechanicus posted:

Of all the modern Chrysler product lines to obsess over, he could have picked a worse one. Much, much worse.

In fairness to the PT Cruiser, the turbocharged convertible made a fun rental car for a weekend. I would have hated it for longer than that though.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
I don't really love or hate neons but that guy seems pretty AI if you ask me

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Pretty sure there are even a few active threads around here of people restoring shitboxes because they like them for whatever reason.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
He's obviously a couple on Neons short of a proper sign, but I can't hate on a guy for loving a completely unloved shitbox of a car.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

TheNakedJimbo posted:

Wrong. Previa is mid engined and RWD and now it's more awesome.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

8ender posted:

Wrong. Previa is mid engined and RWD and now it's more awesome.

An acquaintance who owned one claimed that it had some kind of additional oil reservoir and he apparently rarely changed the oil. Was he describing a dry sump engine?

Edit: I also have a coworker who's first and only car is a Honda Odyssey. He says he doesn't want to put any money into it. This apparently includes never changing the oil until the oil pressure light came on.

I can understand not throwing money into your "beater" , but oil changes are a bare minimum requirement in my book.

MetaJew fucked around with this message at 01:49 on May 18, 2014

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Nidhg00670000 posted:

He's obviously a couple on Neons short of a proper sign,

Well done. :golfclap:

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

MetaJew posted:

An acquaintance who owned one claimed that it had some kind of additional oil reservoir and he apparently rarely changed the oil. Was he describing a dry sump engine?

Edit: I also have a coworker who's first and only car is a Honda Odyssey. He says he doesn't want to put any money into it. This apparently includes never changing the oil until the oil pressure light came on.

I can understand not throwing money into your "beater" , but oil changes are a bare minimum requirement in my book.

Your friends are the terrible car stuff.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
One thing i dont understand is if the PT cruiser is basically a lifted, body kitted Neon, why dont you see more SRT-4 aftermarket goodies slapped onto them? Plenty of kids got them from dear old dead grandma or as a hand-me-down. If i saw a PT cruiser turbo on crazy boost putting out 500 horsepower, i'd absolutely lose it :D

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

MetaJew posted:

The Previa has an oil reservoir under the hood since the engine is under the drivers seat. It's connected to the oil level sensor in some way and pumps oil into the engine when it gets low.

It's kind of overkill because that engine doesn't really need oil or maintenance ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

subx
Jan 12, 2003

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

TheNakedJimbo posted:

This one might just be awful, but if you ever see a van and think they "lowered" or have "ground effects" you should realize that it might be a handicapped van. The floor is lowered to allow access for the wheelchair/powered-chair for people that have no use of their legs. You just drive up the ramp and right into the driving area, which locks you in place.