Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Yeah it's unfortunately terrible game design. I like the idea of mods, but the execution DE has just makes them too powerful. Maxed serration gives +165% damage across the board? Maxed split chamber is effectively a near doubling of damage?

Someone in here talked about boosting the base damage of guns and lowering the effects the +damage mods have so you reach the same damage output but aren't hosed for not having them. Dunno what to do about the multishot mods though.

Also the problem of the Cicero and Tethra mods being too good and exclusive to those of us who did the events. Fortunately, just putting the events up again once in a while is probably the best way to pull this off. You'll piss off the "MY EXCLUSIVES :qq:" crowd but they can go gently caress themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Shugojin posted:

Also the problem of the Cicero and Tethra mods being too good and exclusive to those of us who did the events. Fortunately, just putting the events up again once in a while is probably the best way to pull this off. You'll piss off the "MY EXCLUSIVES :qq:" crowd but they can go gently caress themselves.

Timed exclusives in a f2p is weapons grade retarded, and is the dumbest thing DE has done so far. At a minimum, you put them in the cash shop. There's too many benefits to doing it, and the only downside is whiny bitches.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
Roll the damage bonus of maxxed out serration and multishot into the base damage of every single gun. Stagger it based on the guns level (so like every two levels would be 1 pip of the mods level). This has a huge amount of benefits, and nearly no downsides. Makes two mod slots wide open for more interesting mods. Makes new players not completely gimped by not getting these mods for weeks. Makes the first 10-15 levels of leveling uncatalyzed new weapons not so incredibly painful.

The only downside would be morons who think getting these mods to 15 was some sort of accomplishment that mattered for gently caress all. gently caress those guys in all honesty though.

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Timed exclusives in a f2p is weapons grade retarded, and is the dumbest thing DE has done so far. At a minimum, you put them in the cash shop. There's too many benefits to doing it, and the only downside is whiny bitches.

But what if they leave angry posts on the official forums? :ohdear:

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
I want to say that those mods will probably enter nightmare rotation eventually. Like with Lethal Torrent and those set.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
So I just got the dual axes as my login reward. I really hope it's an alright upgrade from the cronus.

I also got the Hind and Ember blueprints for logging in the other day which I really hope are worth making. These aren't total garbage right?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Moochewmoo posted:

So I just got the dual axes as my login reward. I really hope it's an alright upgrade from the cronus.

I also got the Hind and Ember blueprints for logging in the other day which I really hope are worth making. These aren't total garbage right?

Dual zorens are less useful for their damage than for the mobility they give. They're alright as melee weapons go for actual hitting things, but you're not going to be setting any records. Hind is a great gun provided you're okay with burst fire weapons and your computer doesn't chug when playing the game, since burst fire gun firing rates are for some reason tied to fps, so a slight drop in fps makes their damage plummet. Ember is middle of the road as frames go. She's great at lower levels but tends to have problems later because her damage doesn't scale that well and her utility is pretty limited. Being a swole fire chicken is pretty fun, though.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Dual Zorens are actually quite good for damage these days. There's better stuff, sure, but they're still really solid.

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
I'm playing in PS4 so I drop tons of frames in 4 man's. I might just have to suck it up though. If Ember is just alright I might just focus on my Volt for the time being. I have rhino parts and the trap/Hunter frame blueprint sitting around to but they don't seem as... Exciting to me I guess?

Its really hard trying to suss out what the next step is for weapons and frames though. The progression system is just rather obtuse for new players. Nevermind mods being a whole 'nother can of worms.

Thanks for tolerating my stupid questions so far. The PS4 crew owns bones, and since the games is free everyone with a ps4 should come play it.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Well I bought the blueprints for Carrier and Deathcube and those are both cooking away, and I also bought Boltor blueprints as my Braton is lvl 30.

I got the blueprint for Karak as a reward. Is it worth building now?

I've started to go as far as places like Saturn, but I know I need significantly better damage mods, as some of the games I've been in with goons have left me doing a tiny percentage of the total damage.

My excalibur will be rank 30 soon, and my Lato and basic sword are both 24/25 now. Is it worth leveling up the Mk-1 Braton some more, as it is level 8, or just start a new and better gun?

I'm close to getting all the parts for a Rhino. I was thinking of just buying the Loki using plat.

Another question, what the hell use is Nav Co-ordinates, detonite ampules and that sort of crap? I've got over 100 nav co-ordinates and I've never found anything that needs them. If the clan need them I'm happy to give them, just not sure how to.

Also what use are Orokin reactors? I've got the blueprints for one, I just need another sensor to make it. And a few more plastids for the Rhino. And the master blueprint by running Venus again.

I think a better frame and some better guns and I'll be a lot more useful.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Karak is like, the poor/under-ranked ninja's Soma. It's also a Space-AK so that's neat I guess.
It's dull and boring but it does the job well enough.

Sistergodiva
Jan 3, 2006

I'm like you,
I have no shame.

Thundercloud posted:

Well I bought the blueprints for Carrier and Deathcube and those are both cooking away, and I also bought Boltor blueprints as my Braton is lvl 30.

I got the blueprint for Karak as a reward. Is it worth building now?

I've started to go as far as places like Saturn, but I know I need significantly better damage mods, as some of the games I've been in with goons have left me doing a tiny percentage of the total damage.

My excalibur will be rank 30 soon, and my Lato and basic sword are both 24/25 now. Is it worth leveling up the Mk-1 Braton some more, as it is level 8, or just start a new and better gun?

I'm close to getting all the parts for a Rhino. I was thinking of just buying the Loki using plat.

Another question, what the hell use is Nav Co-ordinates, detonite ampules and that sort of crap? I've got over 100 nav co-ordinates and I've never found anything that needs them. If the clan need them I'm happy to give them, just not sure how to.

Also what use are Orokin reactors? I've got the blueprints for one, I just need another sensor to make it. And a few more plastids for the Rhino. And the master blueprint by running Venus again.

I think a better frame and some better guns and I'll be a lot more useful.

The Karak is a good starting weapon. That and boltor are probably not horrible to level right now. Save the mk1 until later when you can level it faster.

Don't buy Loki with plat, I think Volt is probably the only frame worth buying with plat since it's only 75.

Orokin reactor doubles the mod capacity of your wareframe, so at level 30 you will have 60 energy to fill with mods instead of 30. Orokin catalyst is the same thing but with weapons.

Nav co-ords are for building certain keys. The detonite is for building injectors which you need for some of the blueprints you can get at the dojo.

User Friendly
Jul 19, 2003

I still haven't managed to get split chamber :/ any of the ps4 goons have a spare? I can trade for something else but not sure I have anything worth crap.

I'm Comatsu on the ps4

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Moochewmoo posted:

I'm playing in PS4 so I drop tons of frames in 4 man's. I might just have to suck it up though. If Ember is just alright I might just focus on my Volt for the time being. I have rhino parts and the trap/Hunter frame blueprint sitting around to but they don't seem as... Exciting to me I guess?

Its really hard trying to suss out what the next step is for weapons and frames though. The progression system is just rather obtuse for new players. Nevermind mods being a whole 'nother can of worms.

Thanks for tolerating my stupid questions so far. The PS4 crew owns bones, and since the games is free everyone with a ps4 should come play it.

In order to build a warframe, you need to build all three parts (Systems, Chassis, and original Helmet), then use them to build the overall Warframe itself (which takes 3 days). Volt is a pretty solid frame. He does best against Corpus, but between the arc jumps and the stun effects he's useful just about anywhere.

These aren't really stupid questions. DE is just terrible at explaining ANYthing. It's probably worth looking over the tutorials in the Codex if you have't already, but even then there's a decent chunk of info that's not shared and must be found out or told.
Generally, once you've gotten at least one dependable piece of equipment/modding, the next step is to look for something in another weapon/frame slot that looks cool and try it out. If it's fun, hang on to it. If it isn't, level it to 30 and toss it in the bin.

Sistergodiva posted:

Don't buy Loki with plat, I think Volt is probably the only frame worth buying with plat since it's only 75.
Isn't Loki only 75 as well? He's on a planet instead of in the dojo, but it's one of the final planets. The real issue with Loki is that he depends heavily on rare and late-game mods to shine.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Which is a more worthwhile investment of my forma: the sybaris or the synapse? I already have the amprex so i dunno how it compares to the synapse.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Wow, gone for a little bit and a few updates. I need to build more shoot-things.

I also like how the warframe channel in mumble is used for non-warframe activities. Makes me chuckle.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
I think the Amprex is more or less better than the Synapse because chain lighting is the poo poo. Its only weakness after it's heavily forma'd is the limited range (which the Synapse shares) and the INSANE AMMO CONSUMPTION you should probably run rifle scavenger for (ammo mutation is too weak to be effective).

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Have they patched the PS4 stability/frame rate at all in the last few months?

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Amprex is for stunning, Synapse is for killing. Sybaris is a better Latron Prime unless you have a bad computer.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

Bob NewSCART posted:

Have they patched the PS4 stability/frame rate at all in the last few months?

Looks like the last update improved it a lot. Feels like I'm averaging a bit over 30 in solo. Around 25-30 in Full 4p coop.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Are the akstilletos worth the forma to build? I love full auto, and really don't want to use my aklatos anymore.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
How is Zephyre? It looks neat. Running MAG right now on PC and working towards unlocking the resources for Rhino. I miss my Trinity but I figured I'd try something more stompy this time. Also, is there anyone on PC right now that can toss an invite? I applied. Username Taylonhart

Kortel fucked around with this message at 22:51 on May 18, 2014

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

Are the akstilletos worth the forma to build? I love full auto, and really don't want to use my aklatos anymore.

They are totally worth it. They are awesome and worth a potato and formas.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Can I get an invite to the ps4 clan?

psn: thatboz

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

They are super fun and you should make them.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
The wiki says that Natural Talent can drop in Interception, but it doesn't specify if it's as an end-of-wave reward or can just be dropped by random mobs during the level. Does anyone know which it is?

P-niiice
May 21, 2001

I have you now.

Worth the forma to build and forma too.

I love cats
Feb 8, 2012

Denzine posted:

These changes look like they thought really hard about how to change her while nerfing her as little as possible. The only potential significant downgrade is the radiating effect. Everything else isn't enough to make her not blow up the world, and the slow being affected by mods will actually make her better for boss/G3/etc fights.

It looks to me that adding duration to function as a range modifier for Mprime will reduce the viability of fleeting expertize for nova builds, which in turn will limit mprime as a spammy ultimate due to energy constraints.

I may be wrong, though.

I love cats fucked around with this message at 14:41 on May 19, 2014

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

hooah posted:

The wiki says that Natural Talent can drop in Interception, but it doesn't specify if it's as an end-of-wave reward or can just be dropped by random mobs during the level. Does anyone know which it is?
It's a reward. Also, it's probably easier to farm the G3 for Natural Talent than that mission in the end. And everyone should try to get Brakk anyway.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
All we know is that it will radiate and that it will be affected by duration.

hooah posted:

It's an end-of-wave reward. You're probably better off farming G3 for it.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

If you are on PC I have a spare natural talent you can have.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Sandweed posted:

If you are on PC I have a spare natural talent you can have.

That would be great. Username is spartanhooah. When are you on? I can jump on for the next 20 minutes, but after that I won't be able to until probably after 7 EDT.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Are you in the clan? I won't be on for a few hours. Same username ingame as here.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Sandweed posted:

Are you in the clan? I won't be on for a few hours. Same username ingame as here.

Yup, in the clan.

Piekuuns
May 15, 2009
Well poo poo, seems like the recent patch made the void keys disappear if the mission is aborted.

There goes my chance to farm Rhino Prime chassis in reasonable time. :negative:

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Piekuuns posted:

Well poo poo, seems like the recent patch made the void keys disappear if the mission is aborted.

There goes my chance to farm Rhino Prime chassis in reasonable time. :negative:

How does aborting reduce your farming time? Unless they somehow awarded end of mission drops after objective completion (similar to how once upon a time Cronus BP farming was the money grind), I don't see aborting regularly helping at all unless your issue is captives getting away.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

zgrowler2 posted:

How does aborting reduce your farming time? Unless they somehow awarded end of mission drops after objective completion (similar to how once upon a time Cronus BP farming was the money grind), I don't see aborting regularly helping at all unless your issue is captives getting away.

Chassis is in T3 survival. It used to be that you could go to 20 minutes and if you didn't get the chassis blueprint (or whatever else you wanted) the host could abort. They would keep their key, clients would keep the drops, and you could start again. This would let you skip out on farming up more T3S keys.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Ah, ok. Thanks for the info!

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

PS4 player here. PSN id is Purtonito. Hope to play with yall soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

On PS4, if you wipe, or fail the mission, it doesn't use the key. Maybe test that with a T1 survival?