Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
drat, I kinda wanna pre-order the Mal but dammit QMX royally hosed up the firefly pistol replica they did. Talking crooked barrels, bad paint, etc.

Also, wtf? 25$ for BTAS figures? Unless they are legends size or bigger, that's way too much cash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

drat, I kinda wanna pre-order the Mal but dammit QMX royally hosed up the firefly pistol replica they did. Talking crooked barrels, bad paint, etc.

Also, wtf? 25$ for BTAS figures? Unless they are legends size or bigger, that's way too much cash.

It's a 6 inch DC Direct/Collectibles/whatever the gently caress they're called now. $25 is par for the course.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.

I'd imagine they are around the same size most DCC figures are, a little under 7" tall.

Edit: Beaten to the punch

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!
Anyone got experience with the figuarts toys? My red ranger has a loose arm and I don't really want to break it trying to pop it out.

Also like the revoltech ones can you pull heads and arms off to mix and match figures? As I'm eyeing up a figuarts toy in a suit so I can have well dressed power rangers.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

On the one hand, I'd say it's worth it just for BTAS figures with actual goddamn articulation after all these years. But on the other hand, 3/5ths of them are the inferior TNBA designs for no good reason, especially Mr. Freeze who was just damned flawless in his original art deco mad science look. :sigh:

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

McSpanky posted:

On the one hand, I'd say it's worth it just for BTAS figures with actual goddamn articulation after all these years. But on the other hand, 3/5ths of them are the inferior TNBA designs for no good reason, especially Mr. Freeze who was just damned flawless in his original art deco mad science look. :sigh:

Relax, they're releasing both versions of some characters. I would imagine those who had exhaustive redesigns like Freeze (unlike Two Face) are most likely to get that treatment.

Also, I mostly prefer TNBA designs. :colbert:

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Facepalm Ranger posted:

Anyone got experience with the figuarts toys? My red ranger has a loose arm and I don't really want to break it trying to pop it out.

Also like the revoltech ones can you pull heads and arms off to mix and match figures? As I'm eyeing up a figuarts toy in a suit so I can have well dressed power rangers.

Hi There! Don't pop it out, get yourself some thin acrylic liquid (like acrylic medium or pledge with future) and drip some in there with a toothpick or small paint brush, then work the joint around until it's nice and stiff.

The heads are removable, but the arms aren't, so you can have well dressed Power Rangers if you like.

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

Hi There! Don't pop it out, get yourself some thin acrylic liquid (like acrylic medium or pledge with future) and drip some in there with a toothpick or small paint brush, then work the joint around until it's nice and stiff.

The heads are removable, but the arms aren't, so you can have well dressed Power Rangers if you like.

Thanks! :3:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
So who else is interested in the TRU exclusive X-men Jubilee wave? I only want Jubilee, Magneto an Stryfe and want to sell the rest. Since it's TRU only they'll probably be a pain in the rear end to find.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Louisgod posted:

So who else is interested in the TRU exclusive X-men Jubilee wave? I only want Jubilee, Magneto an Stryfe and want to sell the rest. Since it's TRU only they'll probably be a pain in the rear end to find.

I want Cyclops. When do they hit?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, TNBA Mr.Freeze is totally inferior to the original design. The rest I don't care for much and they sorta work but they made him all loving evil and it doesn't gel with me. I hope they put out a proper figure for him as he's my favorite character in the series.

That voice~

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

Yeah, TNBA Mr.Freeze is totally inferior to the original design. The rest I don't care for much and they sorta work but they made him all loving evil and it doesn't gel with me. I hope they put out a proper figure for him as he's my favorite character in the series.

That voice~

Speaking of that voice: if they made some kind of diorama setpiece of the end of "Heart of Ice" and it played the sound clip, it would be my toy nerd capstone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9cuFUmB3Do&t=813s

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rhyno posted:

I want Cyclops. When do they hit?

Next month. Racer X Cyclops is all yours buddy.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Louisgod posted:

Next month. Racer X Cyclops is all yours buddy.

If you don't want the Storm I'll take her, but have to find this wave as well. Stupid Stryfe and Jubilee are too good to pass up.

Future Son
Mar 29, 2007
I'm from the future. I'm your son!

I was going to try and buy a Coulson figure but just decided I'd rather make my own. There's a REALLY good headsculpt on ebay, and it should be pretty easy to find the body armor he uses in the show. The rest is just a suit.

Yes! Now I can finally make the custom Sports Night figures I've always wanted...Calvin Trager will have real "Quo Vadimus" chopping action!

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

Reinanigans posted:

Relax, they're releasing both versions of some characters.

Where'd you see this? I'm definitely holding out on some of the redesigned version figures (maybe with the exception of Batman, I kinda dig his redesign).

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

Where'd you see this? I'm definitely holding out on some of the redesigned version figures (maybe with the exception of Batman, I kinda dig his redesign).

Here.

quote:

If you release a character from The New Batman Adventures Animated Series, does that mean you won’t be releasing the Batman: The Animated Series version of the character?

This question came up quite a bit internally before we announced the line. We debated the character designs from each series, but decided they were all so cool, we had to do both! The good news is that the answer to your question is no—releasing an action figure from one series doesn’t mean we won’t release the same character from the other series. The bad news is that we can’t give anything away yet with regards to which unannounced characters we have in the pipeline, but our hope is to create as many characters as we can from both great shows!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

The Rage posted:

If you don't want the Storm I'll take her, but have to find this wave as well. Stupid Stryfe and Jubilee are too good to pass up.

I don't want her but if you're going for Jubilee then she's kinda necessary to have your own.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
TRU exclusive is stupid. Everyone keep your eyes peeled for when they hit the website.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

And then enjoy as after the mad rush to order them they cancel your order.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
It's pretty hard for me to believe that in the space year 2014 they can't just let us pre-pay, then produce to fit the order (with some overage contingency for latecomers/retail). I usually assume manufacturers and retails have valid reasons for the stuff that appears (on the surface) to be crazy, but I can't figure out how it isn't win-win. Manufacturers get the money up front, no one is clearancing tons of unwanted goods, consumers are guaranteed to get what they want. They can even do all this through the TRU site (with store pickup) so the retailer gets a piece.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

speaking of pistol replicas, I've got the original one QMX did, and I have a bent barrel on it. Is there any good way to fix that?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Not really. I have heard rumors of heat guns and cold water baths afterwards, but haven't seen any pics personally of it.

I think if you hit up QMX and show em some pics and go "Seriously, wtf?" you might get a new one. Worth an email at least.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Not really. I have heard rumors of heat guns and cold water baths afterwards, but haven't seen any pics personally of it.

I think if you hit up QMX and show em some pics and go "Seriously, wtf?" you might get a new one. Worth an email at least.

I did email it, but the purchase was from 2007 (I have the metal plated one too and it is fine, this was the original one) and they said there was nothing they could do.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
drat. Like I said, I've heard rumors of people using a heat gun to straighten it and then popping it in cold water to set it, but that's probably gonna gently caress the paintjob up at the very least.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

So, I've been watching the T.V. show hoarders lately...and it has inspired me to start thinning out some of my stuff. I offered these up a while back and had intended to list them on ebay but never got around to it. So, I'll try to get rid of some more stuff, starting back with these palisades muppets figures. All are loose and I believe complete, will double check and can send pictures of anything.

Miss Piggy
Dr. Teeth
Bunsen Honeydew(glasses are broken but they are included)
Fozzie Bear
Stuntman Gonzo
Crazy Harry
Sam Arrow
Rizzo
Link Hogthrob
Julius Strangepork
Pepe
Janice (missing hat)
Clifford (peg on base is broken)
Patrol Bear Fozzie (peg on base is missing)
Frog Scout Robin
Beauregard
Usher Scooter
Sam Eagle
Phil Van Neuter
Marvin Suggs (colorful shirt)

Variants and Exclusives
Glamour Miss Piggy
Rizzo variant -
Johnny Fiama (silver jacket)
Johnny FIama (brown jacket)
Marvin Suggs (silver and black outfit)
Super Hero Scooter
Vacation Fozzie (red shirt)

Playsets
Swine Trek
Muppet Labs

Bushifox fucked around with this message at 22:23 on May 18, 2014

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

When you're bored and broke on a Saturday night, stay home and create your own Marvel Legends dioramas.

Beanpants fucked around with this message at 03:43 on May 18, 2014

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Nice job though.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Joe Fisto posted:

Nice job though.

Wow, holy hell. That's what I get for uploading it from my tablet via the awful app. Fixed.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Caved and bought a ML Black Widow off eBay for $30 shipped buy-it-now. The way I see it, $30 right to my door is better than burning a lot of time and gas looking for it for $20 at retail.

There's a surprising amount on eBay for $30-35, too.

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

Gats N Party Hats :toot:
This seems like a good place to ask this: What character is this? I've had it since I was 7 and I have no idea. I know it's a spider-man thing but I couldn't find anything else when searching.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nondescript Van posted:

This seems like a good place to ask this: What character is this? I've had it since I was 7 and I have no idea. I know it's a spider-man thing but I couldn't find anything else when searching.

He's a repaint of one of the symbionts from the Venom series from waaaaay back.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Nondescript Van posted:

Lasher

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPIDER-MAN-...=item3f31167943

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Beanpants posted:

When you're bored and broke on a Saturday night, stay home and create your own Marvel Legends dioramas.

This is really neat! I wanted to create a diorama before but just didn't know where to start. Can you share your methods or give a tutorial?

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

well then...

Looks like I'll be selling something on ebay. I don't have a box or shield thing but it is in pretty good condition. What would be a good price?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Nondescript Van posted:

well then...

Looks like I'll be selling something on ebay. I don't have a box or shield thing but it is in pretty good condition. What would be a good price?

Don't let that asking price fool you, its not selling at that. None of the variant Lasher's have sold at all, and the prices for the regular version have ranged from $7.50-$30.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=Toy+Biz+Lasher&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Nondescript Van
May 2, 2007

The Rage posted:

Don't let that asking price fool you, its not selling at that. None of the variant Lasher's have sold at all, and the prices for the regular version have ranged from $7.50-$30.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=Toy+Biz+Lasher&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

Well its not doing anything for me just sitting on my desk. May as well give it a shot.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Nondescript Van posted:

Well its not doing anything for me just sitting on my desk. May as well give it a shot.

Oh I don't mean to discourage you from selling it off, just saying that that eBay seller has ridiculous prices on his stuff.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
HEAVILY ARMORED SPECIAL FROWN COP is up for US preorders at blackopstoys.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

HEAVILY ARMORED SPECIAL FROWN COP is up for US preorders at blackopstoys.com

How do they get away with this?