Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
So the chef's table was legit already booked literally 180 days out. We got the Queen Victoria room though so close enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

demonR6 posted:

Does it have to be for dinner because lunch is pretty damned flexible. We go to BOG nearly every time we go to MK and the longest wait has been a half hour with a few walk straight in occasions.

Its also worth keeping an eye on your email. My sister got a random BOG reservation number, she booked a table for 4. We showed up and they whisked all 6 of us inside and we waited for probably 5 minutes.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

kri kri posted:

Its also worth keeping an eye on your email. My sister got a random BOG reservation number, she booked a table for 4. We showed up and they whisked all 6 of us inside and we waited for probably 5 minutes.

Yeah, if you are staying in a hotel they might send you a Fastpass option for Lunch (or you can find it if you know where to look, so I'm told)

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Free dining Hell, take 2. I was on hold for 45 min this morning when it hung up on me. Been getting a busy signal for an hour. Kill me now.

Edit: Looks like they didn't add any extra rooms for the Gen Pub FD. It's just leftovers from the Disney Visa pool. It's slim pickin's. Maybe they'll release some more or maybe some of the 7 day holds will expire.

Braksgirl fucked around with this message at 14:45 on May 7, 2014

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

One week to go until I basically live at Disney.

Or: One week to go before I go horribly broke from Disney food.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

One week to go until I basically live at Disney.

Or: One week to go before I go horribly broke from Disney food.

My friends call it indentured servitude.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

demonR6 posted:

My friends call it indentured servitude.

Probably more accurate than I am willing to admit, but on my days off I get to go to World Showcase!

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

If anyone is going to WDW the week of Oct 13, I'm offering an exclusive breakfast with Anna and Elsa. PM for details.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Braksgirl posted:

If anyone is going to WDW the week of Oct 13, I'm offering an exclusive breakfast with Anna and Elsa. PM for details.

How exclusive is exclusive and do they "Let it go" :pervert:

to contribute: Food & Wine Festival is a great excuse to take the kids to Epcot while playing Drinks Around the World. Go early in the season to avoid the crowds.

Just got back from Flower & Garden Festival. I wish they had those playgrounds up year round.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
So it looks like our week will have food and wine fest events + swan and dolphin food and wine stuff as well. Also a boyz 2 men concert woooo. Is all this stuff included in cost of entry or do I need to pick up tickets for it? For the non seminar walking around stuff that is.

I do see that there is a cost for special seminars on wine blending, pasta making, etc and we'll probably do some of that.
http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/disney-world-swan-and-dolphin-food-and-wine-classic-seminars/ - looks like I have to at least book those ahead of time from this information.

silicone thrills fucked around with this message at 19:49 on May 13, 2014

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
It's all inclusive minus any special ticketed events like you mentioned plus you have to buy all the food & wine on your own dime of course. I would suggest purchasing a refillable card and dumping X dollars on it that way you can keep it manageable else you find out later in your drunken stupor you ran up the credit card to something really really bad.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Suave Fedora posted:

How exclusive is exclusive and do they "Let it go" :pervert:

Exclusive means that it's hosted by me and a couple agent friends and we're looking to have about 80 - 100 people. So in the Disney scheme of things, pretty drat exclusive.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Braksgirl posted:

Exclusive means that it's hosted by me and a couple agent friends and we're looking to have about 80 - 100 people. So in the Disney scheme of things, pretty drat exclusive.

Probably not the target demo with this, but I sent a PM, since, hey, I'll be there anyway.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."
I'm exploring the dining options available and the premium / platinum plans started looking very appealing. I'm trying to pin down exactly what the impacts will be on my planning. Lots of questions ahead, sorry.
  • First off, I know that to get any value from the plan, I'll need to be eating well for every meal. I'm in the process of picking out two potential restaurants for each meal and calculating the average cost of food per meal per day. I also know that it's a time consuming thing to have to sit down to eat for each meal, but my trip is just for my partner and myself, so we shouldn't have any issues with stopping to rest and enjoy time sharing meals together.

• I see in the T&C for the plan that it's not valid with other discounts, and that I am not given the option to choose the plans when testing out the booking system and applying discounts. Am I correct in assuming that I must pay rack rate for my room and I cannot upgrade from free dining, use a free memory maker code, or have any sort of savings applied?

• I have heard great reviews of the fireworks cruises, and I see that they are available for private booking, but I get the impression that if I sign up using a dining plan, I'll be set up on a cruise with other people, also presumably using the dining plan. Right?

• Is there a limit to the included recreation on the plan? If I wanted to rent a jet ski for 3 hours or spend a day on the golf courses, would they allow me?

• I've seen references to Fantasmic being included on various websites, but it's no longer on the brochure. Has it been removed from the plan and now just available as an add-on?

• The Cirque tickets are nice, but if I want to get front row / golden circle, can I pay the difference to upgrade?

• A photopass CD is being offered, but as far as I can tell it's similar in cost and much worse than the memory maker package. Is there an upgrade to memory maker available or is this basically a worthless addon if I know how to download pictures on my own?

• Is the wishes/illumination preferred viewing location something I can normally buy or is it just for high-end dining plan patrons? I'd like to assign a value to it if I can.

• Finally, what exactly will the itinerary planner do for me? I'd worry about relying on them to make ADRs, as they are probably doing it for a bunch of other people, too. Is it the same as the concierge planners that club level guests get? If I'm really into planning, will I get anything special by using these guys? Specifically, do they have early-access to booking or anything that normal people don't?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

And I just realized you're talking about the Platinum Magic Your Way package. I forgot that even existed because I don't know anyone who's ever booked one before.

Braksgirl fucked around with this message at 18:12 on May 16, 2014

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Braksgirl posted:

And I just realized you're talking about the Platinum Magic Your Way package. I forgot that even existed because I don't know anyone who's ever booked one before.

it's like mega expensive, isn't it?

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Yeah I'm considering the premium or platinum package because of all the extra stuff that gets thrown in. I'll have a day or two of my trip that won't be at the parks, so I'll be hitting up recreation anyways, so why not try.

The packages are $194 and $254 per person/day, so they're pricy but not outrageous. I've been asking the disboards people about the higher end plans but I'm not getting a lot of responses. I guess it's rarer than I thought for people to use them.

Any info you guys know would be appreciated. I'm not planning a trip until early next year, but I'll be booking in the next few months when rates are announced, so I'm trying to gather as many details as I can.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

I've never even had the opportunity to quote a Platinum package, much less sell one. I know next to nothing about it, clearly. But I can look into it for you. I would be your BFF if you booked with me. ;) Won't cost you an extra penny.

Braksgirl fucked around with this message at 18:27 on May 16, 2014

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Braksgirl posted:

I've never even had the opportunity to quote a Platinum package, much less sell one. I know next to nothing about it, clearly. But I can look into it for you. I would be your BFF if you booked with me. ;) Won't cost you an extra penny.

Are they really that rare? I see tons of people talking about their fancy concierge floors on the dis boards, so I assumed that better dining/rec plans would come naturally. If you can find out any info relating to my questions, I'd listen intently.

I was actually considering the value of having an agent book my package for me, so if you have any thoughts on the pros and cons, I'm listening. I'm a project planner by trade, so I do love my details and hands-on work, but I lack the insider knowledge. This'll be my first trip (coinciding with my partner's any my anniversary and my birthday) so I'm trying to go all but balls-out on the planning.

What's your agency site?

E: Rates for 2015 will probably be out june/july, right? That's when I can book a whole package?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Yes, 2015 rates should be out in the next 3 months or so.

I'm with Magical Moments Vacations. My agency is an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner agency so we do a lot of Disney. I'd love to be in on this.

And yeah, these platinum plans are pretty rare as far as I know. No one I know has ever bought or booked it, so it would be really fun for me. Most of the people I know who do concierge just do Club Level at the Deluxe resorts with a regular MYW package.

Let me do a little digging into and I'll PM you. I'll need a few days because my husband and I are taking the kids to the beach this weekend so I won't be back in the office until Monday morning.

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Thanks for volunteering to do the digging I can't figure out how to do. Clearly, I'm not rushed for time. I appreciate the enthusiasm and attention.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Richard M Nixon posted:

Thanks for volunteering to do the digging I can't figure out how to do. Clearly, I'm not rushed for time. I appreciate the enthusiasm and attention.

and we appreciate you coming to Orlando and spending your hard-earned money.. we heart tourists.

(the Visit Orlando convention and visitors office is located here so it is rubbing off)

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

demonR6 posted:

and we appreciate you coming to Orlando and spending your hard-earned money.. we heart tourists.

(the Visit Orlando convention and visitors office is located here so it is rubbing off)

Someone's got to pay for the repair bill every time bugs bunny saws you off the country.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
From what I was told in training, a ton of club level guests book the platinum plan. It's more common than you think (I was a Yacht and Beach Concierge for about a week).

As far as I know, if a PhotoPass CD is included with the plan it won't be upgradable to the Memory Maker. Different departments, essentially.

I got to preview the Mine Train on Monday and rode it five times. It's a pretty fantastic addition to New Fantasyland.

EDIT: I just double checked and apparently the Platinum Plan hasn't included a PhotoCD for years but those old brochures are still floating around. Awkward.

Cais fucked around with this message at 22:24 on May 16, 2014

Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

Good point on photopass - I saw it in the brochure but it's not on the website. I was hoping it would be replaced with the memory maker, but I guess they just did away with it entirely. Oh well.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Richard M Nixon posted:

Braksgirl is an awesome person with great taste in t-shirts. I will be booking my 2015 trip with her!

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Cais posted:

I got to preview the Mine Train on Monday and rode it five times. It's a pretty fantastic addition to New Fantasyland.

It doesn't look like there's much as far as drops. Nothing bigger than a few small 10ft hills. Does that sound about right?

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
You get the drop feelings a few times. About on par with Big Thunder Mountain. There are 3 decent drops but they do a good job of using the landscape so they don't appear huge from outside. The first one is actually on your way out of the station.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

From the video I've seen of it, the final drop is actually quite a doozy, but it's banked, so it isn't straight down and thus seems less intense.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Arrived in Orlando today and because I arrived way early, I went to Universal and got my annual pass because I want access to all the cool theme parks. Spent the day there, and learned that I need to lose weight because they told me I couldn't ride Harry Potter. I hope the new ride is a bit more forgiving.

I start at Disney tomorrow.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
How much do you weigh?! I've known 250 pound people who have ridden HP with no issues.

Anyway enjoy the WDW job, though the first few days are sort of boring work-wise. I'm interested to see where they stick ya.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Gonna be picking up the premium annual passes this week on the monthly pay plan. Anything I should be aware of? Any way to get discounts on it or other stuff I should look for? I get magic bands with them right?

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Nathilus posted:

How much do you weigh?! I've known 250 pound people who have ridden HP with no issues.

Anyway enjoy the WDW job, though the first few days are sort of boring work-wise. I'm interested to see where they stick ya.

I am not much more than that, but almost all the weight is in my belly, which means that the thing can't click properly. Here's to the Florida heat melting me into a puddle and I'll be able to ride it soon.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
I lost about 20 pounds just by being broke and working attractions and being out in the parks every day. Now I work at a desk and I have to make an effort.

Too bad you didn't start next month. I could've been your Traditions coordinator - I'm heading back there a couple days to help cover.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
I clocked in at like 275 when I went on Harry Potter, they stuffed me in that bitch. It was both fantastic and awful because the ride is pretty great but I'm super claustrophobic.

Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared
So my wife and I are going to try and see if it's possible to stay in a park 24 hours straight. I guess we'll live-tweet/instagram or whatever, but have any more details been released on what's happening in the Kingdom for the 24 hour party?

We're leaving Thursday morning for a relaxing day by the pool at Saratoga. Then it's to bed early for a day-long marathon. I think water parks on Saturday, then geek out on Star Wars on Sunday.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

I am not much more than that, but almost all the weight is in my belly, which means that the thing can't click properly. Here's to the Florida heat melting me into a puddle and I'll be able to ride it soon.

Yeah that sucks. You can be drat near 300 and still fit in that bitch, as long as your weight is evenly distributed.

Oh well, just don't eat a lot of that Floridian southern style cooking (tasty) garbage and you're definitely gonna lose some pounds without even trying.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Ha the first time my wife (then girlfriend) and I went to Florida was for our first trip to WDW. I was a lot heavier then than I am now, and holy crap did I sweat buckets. We have several pictures where I look like I just got off Kali River Rapids. I mean I was literally drenched in sweat the whole time. Fortunately, I dropped the weight several years back, and now we drat near run though the parks together.

Jay Dub
Jul 27, 2009

I'm not listening
to youuuuu...
Last night my dad floated the idea of camping at Fort Wilderness in the fall. I've stayed in the cabins a couple times (and wholeheartedly recommend it), but I don't know much about the campgrounds aside from seeing the actual layout. Our family has also never gone camping, so I don't know where the hell he got this idea.

Anyone ever camped out at Fort Wilderness? How is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Family is having a reunion in Disney and goodie, its scheduled the week of Star Wars Weekend opening and the temperature looks to be a cool 97 degrees with everyone packed liked sardines in the parks. Perhaps its time I buy my first pair of shorts.