Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
what's wrong with butts?

:yosbutt:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

N. Senada posted:

what's wrong with butts?

:yosbutt:

Nothing! Nothing at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BvQwcH9X54

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
Are those from one thing or just random animes

At first I thought they were from this though:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

What're these from?

Robert Denby posted:

Two more gifs from the wampa scenes that were cut from The Empire Strikes Back

"You can force-choke us all you like sir, we ain't fuckin' going in there."

Logan 5 posted:

Are those from one thing or just random animes

Random anime. The mech-hand-control-tapping thing is as common a reference as the Akira bike slide.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Random anime. The mech-hand-control-tapping thing is as common a reference as the Akira bike slide.

Does anyone have a compilation of gifs showing them off? I remember seeing Batman TAS, Adventure Time and a whole bunch of other things paying homage to the slide itself.

Schlinky
Mar 12, 2009

...Too much drink.
Solomun - Kackvogel

Caravan Palace - Rock It For Me

Art vs Science - A.I.M. FIRE!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

He didn't want to lose the antenna.

Now if only Lando had been so considerate.

Seriously, gently caress Lando.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What're these from?

"You can force-choke us all you like sir, we ain't fuckin' going in there."

I found them on a Japanese-language tumblr, so I have no idea :(

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Dish Network ain't that great, anyway.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

Tracula posted:

Does anyone have a compilation of gifs showing them off? I remember seeing Batman TAS, Adventure Time and a whole bunch of other things paying homage to the slide itself.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Neddy Seagoon posted:

What're these from?

Knights of Sidonia.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Tracula posted:

Some more:

Less compressed original.

Anime gif thread rules.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Cool, thanks :tipshat:

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Haha one more

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

ZenMaster posted:

Afflicted is a really good film. See it.

Hey thanks for this, gonna second the motion that go watch this movie.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Basticle posted:

Cool, thanks :tipshat:

It's all CG, so visually it can be jarring if that ain't your thing. Still fun as hell. Also made by the guy who did Blame if that means anything to you.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Random anime. The mech-hand-control-tapping thing [...]
For those interested, there's a Tumblr that's basically all made up of shots like that here. It can sometimes be :nws: though.

Moving on... This trailer for Star Wars debuted Christmas of 1976. It has some early attempts at the lightsaber shots that are a bit different from the final film.

They reprised the exploding title when they did the trailers for The Empire Strikes Back

Should I give the "Star Wars" stuff a rest for a little or are you guys up for more?

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
gently caress no. More star wars@

Those stormtroopers convey such an air of "Nope, gently caress that" for being faceless mooks.

Bart Fargo
Mar 24, 2005

Il Raggio Infernale

Robert Denby posted:

Read this as I was making gifs, so here you go!

And a bonus...

Awesome, thanks!

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Can you post the death of Porkins and the A-Wing pilot plowing through the Executor's bridge?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

N. Senada posted:

it's a man

People have been calling me gay for a while now and I guess it finally stuck.

Ninja Gamer
Nov 3, 2004

Through howling winds and pouring rain, all evil shall fear The Hurricane!

It almost seems cliche now but seeing this in a theater in '83 must have been mind-blowing.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Ninja Gamer posted:

It almost seems cliche now but seeing this in a theater in '83 must have been mind-blowing.

I still remember losing my poo poo the first time I saw that in, I want to say 95. If you're young and it's the first time you're seeing it, or anything like it, you're hanging on the edge of the seat the entire time.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Ninja Gamer posted:

It really did set a new standard for special effects. The effects got as much publicity as the movies themselves. Computers were just powerful enough to make those realistic effects possible. I remember one of the technicians saying it took 8 hours to do the final rendering of a single frame. He's spend all day setting it up, then set it up and let it go all night. Next day he's set up the next one. Hence they had hundreds of workstations rendering frames 24/7.

Of course, in a few years it was already passe, but the gap from what went before to it was pretty large. Today, a good graphics card can get close to that quality rendering on the fly at 60 fps.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Deteriorata posted:

It really did set a new standard for special effects. The effects got as much publicity as the movies themselves. Computers were just powerful enough to make those realistic effects possible. I remember one of the technicians saying it took 8 hours to do the final rendering of a single frame. He's spend all day setting it up, then set it up and let it go all night. Next day he's set up the next one. Hence they had hundreds of workstations rendering frames 24/7.

Huh? I've never heard them using anything but optically printed effects on those movies.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all
Yeah, you might be thinking of Tron.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

SpookyLizard posted:

There's probably half a dozen 'reasons' why they do in EU sources, but the main reasons is that guns have recoil, blasters are guns. This is also why they frequently have some sort of reloading that resembles normal guns. because it's what we expect and it can be cool when done right.
Good that Extended Universe got officially scrapped and is of absolute no value or merit.

Also more Empire Strikes Back:

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Bad Munki posted:

Star Wars Physics

Isn't that the German dude who makes awesome slingshots and improvised machine guns?

Still one of the greatest movies ever made, and the best thing Anjelica Huston ever did.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Aericura
Jun 12, 2003
I will eat your soul.

kinmik posted:

Haha one more

Aericura has a new favorite as of 07:52 on May 19, 2014

Dyslexiactic
Mar 1, 2011

I'm angry and I want to express it somehow.
:sun:

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

This I like.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Tracula posted:

There is also a genre of music in Star Wars called Jizz. No I'm not loving with you on that either. So while everyone debates technobabble and :goonsay:'s just remember those are things that people have come up with.
Maybe it's just named after the general appearance of a bird?

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

a kitten posted:

Some more:

Less compressed original.

Anime gif thread rules.

If someone feels like going through the trouble for a total stranger on the internet, I would love all of these in a single gif starting with the original.

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

Taeke posted:

If someone feels like going through the trouble for a total stranger on the internet, I would love all of these in a single gif starting with the original.

I just made this tumblr http://bikeslide.tumblr.com/

Dyslexiactic
Mar 1, 2011

I'm angry and I want to express it somehow.
:sun:
Oh yeah, also here's some from I Don't Wanna Be An rear end in a top hat Anymore - The Menzingers.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Thanks! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Could anyone cut this down into a square avatar?

• Locked thread