Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Smash 4's final boss with be the Funky Feet Bros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Endorph posted:

Was Meta Knight really that important? The Halberd was important, sure, but Meta Knight himself wasn't anymore important than Ike or Marth.

I'll choose to consider him a big part as he is the owner of the Halberd and all. Guess if you wanna say that it doesn't count that's fair but his ship showing up everywhere brought him to mind in a lot of scenes.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Suspicious Cook posted:

Smash 4's final boss with be the Funky Feet Bros.

My brain first saw this as Funky Kong and I want it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Todays picture is just giga mac again with nothing going on. It's gonna be a slow news week it seems.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
A bit early to tell, I don't think there's any obvious pattern besides "friday=bigger news"

I wouldn't expect anything major (character) before E3 though.

Edit: "
Pic of the day. Under certain circumstances, the creatures on this planet appear to grow larger and go berserk. The Pikmin and I must be cautious lest we lose our heads to these beasts."

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Is there a site where these pictures go up somewhere?

vv Oh right, I thought it was a Miiverse thing or something :doh:

Reiley fucked around with this message at 08:39 on May 19, 2014

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Reiley posted:

smashbros.com

Gamwhiz1
Aug 15, 2012

Reiley posted:

It is, actually! Sakurai has his own page were you can see all the old ones, and that's where you can see his little commentary blurbs too.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073037299863/14866558073037300685

Vanrushal
Apr 2, 2005

I thought my Spitter was a Jockey!
I miss the daily screenshot having a link to the Miiverse post. It's pretty lovely that they took that out.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Color Printer posted:

If we're going with that, it should have been Crazy Hand controlling Tabuu controlling Master Hand :colbert:

Crazy Hand was being tricked into controlling Tabuu by Ocelot.

You only find out about this after the credits when Ocelot calls Sakurai.

e: "Yes, no one ever figured out that I was the one tricking Crazy Hand into controlling Tabuu controlling Master Hand ordering Ganondorf ordering Bowser ordering Wario. Mr Sakurai."

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Todays picture is just giga mac again with nothing going on. It's gonna be a slow news week it seems.

As dull as the shot for today is, I do like when he's making it seem like the characters themselves are talking/talking as if the characters were actual living people. It's surreal and awesome.

Like, I don't know how much of the accuracy is lost when deciphering it through Google Translate but here's what Sakurai had to say about Luigi on the Japanese only old-rear end Super Smash Bros. Melee Dojo during one of the first updates on trophies:

quote:

Although I sent the Smash Bros. participation invitation to him,
It was away on a business trip in an apartment ....

I guess that's the supposed in-game explanation for why Ness and C. Falcon are characters you can play with from the start in Melee but not Luigi. The invitation arrived at Luigi's apartment but wasn't received because he was on a business trip.

He was probably at E3 and doing a press tour promoting the first Mansion game which was being shown off at the time.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Todays post actually isn't filler!

Just kidding.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
More info on the invitational:

quote:

REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Nintendo invites fans in the Los Angeles area to attend and observe the first-ever public tournament of its new Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.

On Tuesday, June 10, Nintendo will welcome 16 previously selected highly skilled Super Smash Bros. players to NOKIA Theatre L.A. LIVE in Los Angeles to celebrate Super Smash Bros. fan culture and find out who will emerge victorious on the big stage. The Super Smash Bros. Invitational will entertain thousands of spectators in person, and will also be live-streamed on both Twitch’s E3 channel and Nintendo’s Twitch channel to let countless others around the world be among the first to see the new game in action.

As a special treat for the biggest fans, attendees who dress up as their favorite Super Smash Bros. characters may be selected for priority seating right in front of the stage on which the tournament will occur. The event will be photographed and filmed, so the best costumes might appear on Twitch or Nintendo’s YouTube channel, where the event can also be viewed.

Here are the details for Tuesday, June 10: 9:30 a.m.: Wristband distribution begins at NOKIA Plaza at L.A. LIVE, 777 Chick Hearn Court in Los Angeles.

A wristband is required for entry, and 3,000 wristbands are available to Nintendo fans on a first-come, first-served basis, while supplies last. Fans are requested to not line up prior to Tuesday morning. Once a wristband is obtained, fans can leave the plaza area and then return later that day, closer to the start of the event. The order that wristbands are obtained in the morning does not impact the order of entry into the venue in the afternoon. 2:30 p.m.: Doors open 4 p.m.: Super Smash Bros. Invitational begins Super Smash Bros. for Wii U is scheduled to launch during the winter of 2014, while the Nintendo 3DS version is targeted for this summer.

For more information about the Super Smash Bros. Invitational, visit http://e3.nintendo.com/#2014/tournament.

Controversy arises when those dressed as Roy are disqualified from priority seating and must sit in the far back section due to not being recognized as a Smash Bros. character.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Viewtiful Jew posted:

More info on the invitational:

Controversy arises when those dressed as Roy are disqualified from priority seating and must sit in the far back section due to not being recognized as a Smash Bros. character.

Further controversy is brought about by the nearly complete lack of non-Waluigi themed costumes.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

PantsBandit posted:

Further controversy is brought about by the nearly complete lack of non-Waluigi themed costumes.

Oh God, someone is going to dress up as Ridley with working wings and breath attack. Chaos will ensue.

This is going to be the worst and the best E3 ever.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Oh God, someone is going to dress up as Ridley with working wings and breath attack. Chaos will ensue.

All 3000 of them should dress as Ridley. Give Nintendo a hint. :colbert:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

TaurusOxford posted:

"Wow, these guys really like stage hazards!"

Is there any word on who's been invited yet, or is it still unknown?

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Just kidding.
Alien Fetus In Formaldehyde was always my favourite Mario character

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm sorry we can't let you watch the tournament, that costume is just too big.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Just kidding.

Stealth Inc. confirmed.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Just kidding.
Removed Mother 3 Boss is going to be a terrifying assist trophy.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

TaurusOxford posted:

yeah that only 3000 people like Ridley.

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

:gaben:

F. Lobot fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 20, 2014

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Haha the sad face

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

It's really not that different from how well the connection usually went for this game.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Geostomp posted:

It's really not that different from how well the connection usually went for this game.

I never managed to play a single game of Brawl online. I was stuck on that loading stage with the sandbag forever.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

I never managed to play a single game of Brawl online. I was stuck on that loading stage with the sandbag forever.
Did you ever try past the first few weeks? It was really bad when there was a massive load, but after a while it got pretty decent. It was still kinda rear end, since 2 minute anonymous games are pretty boring, but you could find a match with no real trouble.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

The few times I got into a match, it was a terrible lag fest.

Really hope the net code in the new Smash is better.

rubber cat
Jul 1, 2002

Reiley posted:

Gamwhiz1 posted:

It is, actually! Sakurai has his own page were you can see all the old ones, and that's where you can see his little commentary blurbs too.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073037299863/14866558073037300685

Someone's been saving them on Imgur, too: http://imgur.com/a/equAc

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Endorph posted:

Did you ever try past the first few weeks? It was really bad when there was a massive load, but after a while it got pretty decent. It was still kinda rear end, since 2 minute anonymous games are pretty boring, but you could find a match with no real trouble.

Yep, I've tried plenty of times over the years on the off chance that it might work that time but it was always just me and the sandbag.

vvv I moved house and changed routers a few times during that time and to this day I have no idea what the cause was. Other online Nintendo games worked fine, I played a shitload of Mario Kart Wii, it was literally just Brawl that didn't connect. vvv

A Great Big Bee! fucked around with this message at 20:34 on May 20, 2014

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Weird, I got plenty of matches in a fairly reasonable timeframe these past few weeks, at the very least. Are you sure it wasn't something on your end? The netcode was bad, mind, but it was at least possible to get into a match.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Spacebump posted:

The few times I got into a match, it was a terrible lag fest.

Really hope the net code in the new Smash is better.

That was my experience every time I tried, probably only thrice over a year or two before I just wrote it off as a couch game.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Y'all just need to embrace the lag and fuel your game with it. Me and my friends had tons of fun in the final days of NWFC, such as 99-minute Coin Battles.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

quote:

the playstyle isn't true to the series

People keep saying this. I disagree. Frankly the game works better as a walk-along beat-em-up than as a fighter. If they bothered to use Stamina rules instead of 'go flying' it'd be perfect as a brawler.

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

rubber cat posted:

Someone's been saving them on Imgur, too: http://imgur.com/a/equAc

And there's also this fansite that organizes it well. Their Twitter spams a bunch of really stupid "Make your own desktop wallpaper!" thing though that's on the site and it's dumb.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The T posted:

And there's also this fansite that organizes it well. Their Twitter spams a bunch of really stupid "Make your own desktop wallpaper!" thing though that's on the site and it's dumb.

is it dumb? or is it art

its dumb

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i like the DK slowly rising in the distance, like some sort of hosed up sunrise

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Mario's Luigi Mario is exposed and upright and we all know Miyamoto is completely uncomfortable with that.

Jazama
Oct 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Shouldn't Greninja's tongue be consistently on one side though?

• Locked thread