Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Lemon Curdistan posted:

What is there that's missing from the current spell list that you absolutely must have? What justifies giving Wizards and Clerics even more options and increasing their power?

Nothing that's a must-have, really. I haven't even looked into it all that well and thought about. I guess I wouldn't mind more utilitarian spells?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Looking over the advanced moves, yeah, Cleric and Wizard need to be done.

Original:
The Scales of Life And Death
When someone takes their Last Breath in your presence, they take +1 to the roll

BORING

New:
The Scales of Life And Death
When someone takes their Last Breath in your presence, roll +WIS. *On a 10+ they are able to make a deal with the deity you worship. *On a 7-9 you are still able to call upon your deity to make the deal, but will owe something great as well.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Deltasquid posted:

Nothing that's a must-have, really. I haven't even looked into it all that well and thought about. I guess I wouldn't mind more utilitarian spells?

...you realize that the Wizard can do literally anything given enough time and some questing for appropriate materials, right? Ritual's a huge move.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Mors Rattus posted:

...you realize that the Wizard can do literally anything given enough time and some questing for appropriate materials, right? Ritual's a huge move.

I always forget about ritual. Probably because the wizard player in my group does as well and keeps solving problems with fireballs. :shepface:

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

I wouldn't mind just reflavoring "fireball" to "attack spell thingy" just because I like Melf's Acid Arrow.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Fenarisk posted:

I wouldn't mind just reflavoring "fireball" to "attack spell thingy" just because I like Melf's Acid Arrow.

I wouldn't mind letting the wizard pick an element and letting all attacks be reskins, really. If I want my astral magic, I should get it!

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Have elements be like the fighter's signature weapon qualities.

Fire: +2 damage
Acid: +1 Piercing, Messy
Force: Forceful
Cold: Stunning

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Have elements be like the fighter's signature weapon qualities.

Fire: +2 damage
Acid: +1 Piercing, Messy
Force: Forceful
Cold: Stunning

A good idea. Don't forget to put lightning, wind, earth, water and astral in there somewhere. I guess Wind and force are the same though.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Deltasquid posted:

I wouldn't mind letting the wizard pick an element and letting all attacks be reskins, really. If I want my astral magic, I should get it!

Fenarisk posted:

Not that I would try to discourage anyone from writing homebrew content from the game, but there's not really anything stopping either of you from doing these things with just the core playbooks. Any Dungeon World GM who would look down his nose at a wizard who says "my fireball manifests itself as an acid arrow" or "I am an ice wizard so all my poo poo is loving cold as hell" is GMing the wrong system.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Wizard and Cleric are done! Not sure what else to call them because frankly any other archetype name (priest, initiate, mage, witch, etc) are taken, so whatever. Spell books are not attached because I'm not changing the spells and I'm not rewriting all that poo poo.

Wizard: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwKVEg-l1p9SLVZRNTdaWTh5VzA/edit?usp=sharing
Cleric: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwKVEg-l1p9SbnhGVWtud19TSEU/edit?usp=sharing

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
On the topic of redone basic wizards, I'm making a Gandalf playbook. This is just page one, I need to finish some stuff on the second page, but it's been fun to write.

EDIT: Hey Fenarisk you should put all of those playbooks into a nice .zip I can link in the megapost I keep not updating.

gnome7 fucked around with this message at 00:44 on May 19, 2014

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Fenarisk posted:

Wizard and Cleric are done! Not sure what else to call them because frankly any other archetype name (priest, initiate, mage, witch, etc) are taken, so whatever. Spell books are not attached because I'm not changing the spells and I'm not rewriting all that poo poo.

Wizard: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwKVEg-l1p9SLVZRNTdaWTh5VzA/edit?usp=sharing
Cleric: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwKVEg-l1p9SbnhGVWtud19TSEU/edit?usp=sharing

Arcanist and Bishop?

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

^^^
I like Arcanist, was also thinking Wizzard

gnome7 posted:

On the topic of redone basic wizards, I'm making a Gandalf playbook. This is just page one, I need to finish some stuff on the second page, but it's been fun to write.

EDIT: Hey Fenarisk you should put all of those playbooks into a nice .zip I can link in the megapost I keep not updating.

Once I get some more feedback and make any balance changes/tweaks, I'm filling out bonds and then plan on just that.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Chaplain for the Cleric, perhaps.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Fenarisk posted:

:allears: Fenarisk, you're the best. A few of my current DW group will be hopefully be using your updated classes this week...If we can sort out 6 Schedules. I'll report back with feedback!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Fenarisk posted:

Neat! I just started a campaign and two of my players are these. The third is a Gladiator and the fourth has yet to decide between the Merchant Prince or the Noble. (Yes, it is the Four Man Band set-up and they did it on purpose.) I'll compare them to the base and show them to the relevant players and see what they think.

Question: Is there anything about the Gladiator, the Merchant Prince or the Noble I should watch out for or be prepared to encounter?

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Fenarisk posted:

^^^

Once I get some more feedback and make any balance changes/tweaks, I'm filling out bonds and then plan on just that.

For the Barbarian, the backgrounds don't give any bonuses. Not sure if that was intentional or not.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Benagain posted:

For the Barbarian, the backgrounds don't give any bonuses. Not sure if that was intentional or not.

:ughh: Thanks for catching that.

Edit: Fixed in the original post but here it is as well. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwKVEg-l1p9SOE80ZTdiYzZ2SkU/edit?usp=sharing

Fenarisk fucked around with this message at 05:50 on May 19, 2014

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
This is all pretty great, Fenarisk, but why leave the class icons/bonds blank?

edit: instead of just leaving the base ones, that is. I want to use the classes for my upcoming expo games, but the icons + bonds make them look more finished!

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Just want to throw out God Botherer for Fenarisk's new Cleric. If he doesn't take it, I'll be forced to make it a playbook myself.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!

Xelkelvos posted:

Neat! I just started a campaign and two of my players are these. The third is a Gladiator and the fourth has yet to decide between the Merchant Prince or the Noble. (Yes, it is the Four Man Band set-up and they did it on purpose.) I'll compare them to the base and show them to the relevant players and see what they think.

Question: Is there anything about the Gladiator, the Merchant Prince or the Noble I should watch out for or be prepared to encounter?

The gladiator is a straight up scene-stealing murder-machine. I think the damage is a bit too great on that class and needs toned down, but it's worth seeing how it goes with your group.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Fenarisk posted:

^^^

Wizzard is perfectly fine, but is sorceror (Sourceror :haw: ) already taken?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The Supreme Court posted:

I think the damage is a bit too great on that class and needs toned down, but it's worth seeing how it goes with your group.

It's a pretty easy fix: change the "max damage" option to "reroll damage," and then lower the damage die to d8 unless the Gladiator is the only fighter-y class in the game.

madadric
May 18, 2008

Such a BK.

Deltasquid posted:

Wizzard is perfectly fine, but is sorceror (Sourceror :haw: ) already taken?

I made a sorcerer. They are a feelings Mage, they need to have major feelings to cast their magic.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Z_AGe0v6WCybfcQ-nIlZcu5-rieYVUqoI1sjlHB_lP8/edit?usp=docslist_api

GimpInBlack
Sep 27, 2012

That's right, kids, take lots of drugs, leave the universe behind, and pilot Enlightenment Voltron out into the cosmos to meet Alien Jesus.

Lemon Curdistan posted:

It's a pretty easy fix: change the "max damage" option to "reroll damage," and then lower the damage die to d8 unless the Gladiator is the only fighter-y class in the game.

Unless the playbook The Supreme Court is using is seriously out of date, reroll damage is already how the move works. You could drop the damage die if you wanted, though.

Current Gladiator is here, by the way. Not sure if the second post is updated with this link.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

GimpInBlack posted:

Unless the playbook The Supreme Court is using

No, it's just me, I have the original version. :downs: Thanks for pointing out you made the change.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Hugoon Chavez posted:

This is all pretty great, Fenarisk, but why leave the class icons/bonds blank?

edit: instead of just leaving the base ones, that is. I want to use the classes for my upcoming expo games, but the icons + bonds make them look more finished!

Once I get some feedback on bugs/mistakes/balance changes, the final versions will have bonds. As for class icons, I'm pretty bad at computers and since I'm using zarathud's base template in word 2010 I don't really know how to do that.

If I don't notice any other mixups in the playbooks I'll probably have them finalized by the end of this week.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!

GimpInBlack posted:

Unless the playbook The Supreme Court is using is seriously out of date, reroll damage is already how the move works. You could drop the damage die if you wanted, though.

Current Gladiator is here, by the way. Not sure if the second post is updated with this link.

Haha, that'd be it! I've not checked any of by collection for updates at all.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Ok, I'm going with Arcanist (wizard), Chaplain (cleric), and need to figure out something for Barbarian because I already used Berserker for an awesome playbook :colbert:

Once I have the final names in I'm doing bonds and fixing the name slots up top, then letting them loose in a zip file for SA, because I don't think I could legally sell these since 80% of them are the same as the core books (plus not doing the spell lists for wizard and cleric).

For the record God-Botherer was a very close pick.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
You could call the Barbarian the Brute?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Deltasquid posted:

You could call the Barbarian the Brute?

That's already a totally different playbook!

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Lemon Curdistan posted:

That's already a totally different playbook!

God drat it.

Call the barbarian the Neckbeardbarian and be done with it.

LordZoric
Aug 30, 2012

Let's wish for a space whale!
Call it the Rageaholic.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
The Conan. The Angry One. The Outsider. The Viking. The Warchief.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
The Wanderer.

The playbook is really more about being an outsider than 'zerking out.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Lichtenstein posted:

The Wanderer.

The playbook is really more about being an outsider than 'zerking out.

Yeah, this works fairly well.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Outlander, for maximum pulp.

LordZoric
Aug 30, 2012

Let's wish for a space whale!
Are you going to revisit the Battlemind that Sage kind of half-made when DW first came out? Or is the Initiate enough of a monk analogue?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

As long as we're talking new classes, Johnstone Metzger released the three classes from his excellent DW adventures as a PWYW thing.

The Dungeoneer is avoiding traps and finding treasures and being all Tomb Raider-y. One of the base moves is a dungeon-specific take on Trap Expert, and they have this advanced move:

quote:

Rope Tricks
With time and room to use your rope, you can safely traverse a
dangerous environment (don’t roll) and take others with you, provided
they follow your instructions. You can also use your rope as a weapon
(reach, near, forceful) that does stun damage.

The Elementalist is a free-form caster who gets control of elements using a verb/noun system.

quote:

Master the Elements
When you command the elements, roll+WIS. You may only issue commands you have mastered to elements you have mastered. •On a 10+, you may command what is generally considered a large amount of this element. •On a 7-9, the same but choose one:
• The elements you command also run wild, out of your control.
• You can only affect what is generally considered a small amount of this element.
• You take an additional -1 ongoing to command the elements until you purify yourself.

If you maintain an unnatural effect, take -1 ongoing to command the elements until you release those still in your power.

If you use your command of the elements to harm someone directly, roll your damage die. Once the elements are released, however, they cause damage as appropriate to their nature.

The Magnate is actually a different kind of class, in that it's not build around adventuring. Instead, you're basically a land or business owner of some repute, ill or otherwise. It's like a cross between the Operator and Hardholder from AWorld with a little warlord mixed in.

quote:

Entourage
You can surround yourself with up to a dozen or so minions who will back you up, follow your orders, impress people, and help you conduct your business. Choose what type of people compose your entourage:
Noble Courtiers: Dissent +2, Eloquence +1, Fighting +1, Learning +1.
Obedient Servants: Dissent +0, Eloquence +0, Fighting +1, Learning +1.
Savvy Clerks: Dissent +1, Eloquence +1, Fighting +1, Learning +2.
Seasoned Mercenaries: Dissent +1, Eloquence +1, Fighting +2, Learning +0.
Talented Artistes: Dissent +1, Eloquence +2, Fighting +0, Learning +1.
You can order individuals around like hirelings if you want them to do things other than act as part of your entourage. If they are obedient servants, take +1 to order them. If they are noble courtiers, take -1 to order them.
•Choose their accoutrements, as many as their dissent or fighting:
Books and instruments, costumes and props, finery and riches, many weapons, metal armour, mounts, samples of your wares, travelling gear.
•Choose their skills, as many as their eloquence or learning:
Accounting, appraisal, crime, diplomacy, hospitality, hunting, music and poetry, politics, rhetoric, science, soldiering.
•Choose their weaknesses, as many as their dissent:
Arrogant, careless, cowardly, dead inside, feuding, gossiping, greedy, hedonistic, insular, obsequious, religious heresy, treacherous.

quote:

Entrepreneur
You have two or three business ventures:
• Apothecary or barber shop (medicine / malpractice).
• Brothel (influence or secrets / disease or scandal).
• Contracting service (influence / betrayal or scandal).
• Extortion racket (influence / turf war).
• Grain mill (influence / fire).
• Inn (secrets / scandal).
• Silver mine (silver / flood or strike).
• Smithy (arms and armour / strike or theft).
• Trade ships (exotic spices / a ship sinks).
• Transportation service (secrets / lost goods).
When you set up a new venture, add it to this list, along with what it produces and possible disasters it could experience. If a venture goes under, remove it from your list.
When you have downtime or at the beginning of a session,
choose up to three ventures from your list to tend to and roll+CHA. •On a 10+, each venture you chose produces either its surplus or money for you and you take +1 forward to making requests of your domain. •On a
7-9, only one of your ventures produces surplus or money for you, and one venture experiences disaster, such as bankruptcy, legal problems, or the disaster listed. •On a miss, all the ventures you chose experience disasters. Ventures you choose not to tend to do not produce for you and do not suffer disasters, but may still experience changes. If a venture produces money, your take is 1d6×100 coins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

LordZoric posted:

Are you going to revisit the Battlemind that Sage kind of half-made when DW first came out? Or is the Initiate enough of a monk analogue?

Considering my original classes from a year ago were absolute trash, if people are actually liking my remakes of the core that much I could look at some others.

Outlander is TOTALLY what the Barbarian is ending up, that's an awesome one.

Edit: I'm eating lunch on my day off after working out, and the Neckbeardian will be done within the hour.

Fenarisk fucked around with this message at 18:03 on May 19, 2014